/* */

PDA

View Full Version : intention

AnonymousPoster
10-16-2006, 08:38 PM
what is exactly meant by intention how do we have intention with our hearts etc. i dont get it!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-16-2006, 08:43 PM
assalamualikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuhu

well basically Allah subhanwatallah knows your intention you need the right inention to do stuff, intnention in our hearts are also seen in eyes you may say oh today am going to recite the Qura'an but you need the right intention to recite it, you can't just do it so other people can say oh so && so is reciting the Qura'an, you need to have faith in Allah subhanawatallah.

you need to clean your heart && do more Ibadah inshallah
aliakumassalam warahmatullhi wabarakathuhu

P.S am in a hurry so inshallah someone better can explain inshallah :)

DigitalStorm82
10-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Basically, you are rewarded for your intentions...

If you intend to do good deeds... hoping to get a reward from Allah.. (that is a good intention)

If you intend to do good deeds... hoping you might impress someone.. (that is a bad intention)

If you woke up today... with the intention.. I'm going to free a slave today (hypothetically speaking)... but you get run over by a car or something and you die... you will be rewarded for freeing the slave because you intended to free a slave...

If you woke up today.. with the intention.. I'm going to free a slave today so I can look superior in front of my companions... or better in religon than your companians.. and you get run over by a car and die... you will not be rewarded for freeing a slave... because you didn't have the intention of seeking Allahs pleasure.

So, basically, when you have a good intention... you're doing deeds for sake of Allah and hoping to seek reward from Allah...

Where as, bad intention is you doing deeds to seeking worldly pleasure, or approval of someone other than Allah.

Hope that explains it... if you're still confused.. don't hesitate to ask.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Eric H
10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
greetings in peace DigitalStorm82;

That was a very good explanation, and it has certainly made me think.

My problem at times is I set of with good intentions to do something good, and along comes a worldly distraction, and I don’t always follow my good intentions through.

In the spirit of striving.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
what is exactly meant by intention how do we have intention with our hearts etc. i dont get it!
perhpas the question needs to be a lil more specifc?

if you're referrin 2 case when (for xample) ur gonna pray n u wanna make intention... wats meant is that you know what you're doing. you dont hav to say anything verbally or mentally.... just knwo that you're gonna pray asr for example n go4it.

if ur talking about intention behind the action.. i.e. sincerity.... then a condition for an action to be accepted is that it should be done purely for sake of Allah. If your intention is to do it just to please someone, or to gain fame or to be labelled things... then those actions are not accepted.

the best hadith is the one that all fiqh text books start with "Actions are but by intentions.. whoevers migration was to Allah and his prophet, then his migration is to Allah and his prophet... and whoever's migration was for a worldly thing to achieve or a woman to marry.. then his migration was whatever it was done for"

i.e. the intetion here determines the point of the migration as far as whether Allah will accept it as a migration fee sabililah or not.

all the bset
salamz

AnonymousPoster
10-18-2006, 06:26 PM
if i start to pray, i alwys say my intention b4, and i say it 4 example, for farz namaz insted of sunnat 1, but i hav intention that i wnt 2 read sunnah.. is that rite?

anonymous
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
if i start to pray, i alwys say my intention b4, and i say it 4 example, for farz namaz insted of sunnat 1, but i hav intention that i wnt 2 read sunnah.. is that rite?
nah u dont hav 2do that bro/sis :) the prophet never dun that either.

The fact that ur aware of wat ur doing is intention enough inshaAllah. and you dont hav to "pre-plan" wat surahs ur gonna erad or nething. just know that ur gonna pray asr, and go4it, no other pre-plans or verbal intentions requried :)

take care all the best :D
salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.