/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hat's unionic but ironic column

Sister_6038
10-17-2006, 08:52 AM
first thing first assalaamu alaikum wr wb, long time no hear from myself on the site.....wow amazing how it struck down from 15 hours a day to 15 mins once a blue moon...oooh the irony!

ok well seeing as my mind may have gone rusty,,,im not quite sure where to have put my thread....so mods if need be chuck wherever ye please...

so exactly what is this all about...well i noticed i have the gift of the gab as us brits love to call it....but well yeah its not really a blog, otherwise i would have a blog...more just a case of it being like a column....oooh i quite fancied myself being a columnist, posh title..easy job and all you have to is rant...hence the title of the thread...wow seems a age since i used that word "thread"......well thats the joys of crashing the computer and having a variety of problems with it...i.e. being too lazy to call the PC helpline to get someone to sort it until getting a clip from my older sister....man im an adult yet that doesnt apply in my house....and the brothers of the world think they have it tough...well seeing as i am a budding writer...*well kinda*...i thought i could use my "articles" *look the ethnic is now even using the jargon...round of applause* on here and you dear brothers and sisters can tell me what you think?

hows that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
10-17-2006, 08:55 AM
What the...

Sister_6038
10-17-2006, 08:56 AM
haha sorry sis was that confusing...err ok to cut a long story short...im just gonna rant here...like a late night disc jokey on radio 4 or something...but not quite....

Musaafirah
10-17-2006, 09:18 AM
:sl:
Aah..so when are you to start? Do you think of random things? Are you going to start with one topic and finish with another?
Just wondering :)
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister_6038
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
ok well it wont just be random stuff....initially it will be just of writing about the way of life today..just to let you all know everything i do write is my opnion if i do ever say anything in regards to the ways of the deen dont scream at me please just correct me...but one of my first ones will of course be about the way i see how the media portray islam and in particular women in islam....just in relation to the lastest happenings in the news in regards to muslim women...

Musaafirah
10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Ooh..then I guess it shall be an interesting read!
Well, I am now aniticipating your first official "article" in your "column" :).
By the way do you regularly read columns in newspapers and stuff? I just can't seem to read ones in newspapers like "The Independent" because I just don't agree with their views most of the time :|..ah well..

amirah_87
10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Welcome Back Ukhtee! :)

I did'nt get what on earth you were saying in your first post!?

Have you lost your Marbles? :? ;D

Well anyways, lookin forward to your posts InshaAllah!!

Take Care Ukhtee ;)

Sister_6038
10-17-2006, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Ooh..then I guess it shall be an interesting read!
Well, I am now aniticipating your first official "article" in your "column" :).
By the way do you regularly read columns in newspapers and stuff? I just can't seem to read ones in newspapers like "The Independent" because I just don't agree with their views most of the time :|..ah well..
yep i do read newspapers regularly...well i try to....but ive grown up in world of debate...i can argue for england....i am exactly the same as you the "Independent" drives me around the bend....read the Guardian its much better.....one newspaper i despise is the daily mail.....grrrr

Musaafirah
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Aah..I have a drawback in the field of arguin..I jus can't..it's nothing to do with vocabulary shortage..(I hope), but I get all tongue twisted, flustered and all in a muddle and can never stand my ground. I tend to give in quite easily :(..Even though I know I'm right, it's just that I never come across as being able to hold my ground. Am I making any sense? :|

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Ok sis... so get started:D [this is Umm_Shaheed btw:p]

:wasalamex

Silver Pearl
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM

Lol, well you could use this thread as a rant column thingy but there is a high probability that it may become the victim of idle chit chat. However, you can use your user page where it allows you to do all sorts e.g. create your own fancy title (glitter has invaded LI during your absence and many have suffered from glitter attack syndrome). What ever you want sister :D

And Welcome back, a belated Ramadan kareem.

The Ruler
10-17-2006, 04:43 PM

:welcome: bak to de forums :)

Sister_6038
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
jazakhallah sisters for the warm welcomes...ok well just to let you all know inshaAllah by this evening at the latest i will put up my first "article" as i have been working very hard on it...

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
*waits patiently*

It had better be good.;)

Sister_6038
10-19-2006, 12:08 PM
dah dah here it is baring in mind it is my first..so its just a warm up....let me know what you think....

Sitting at my desk at work, I ponder of what exactly to write about, because it just seems to be that there is so much to talk about, therein showing just the state of the world that we live in. so therefore what will be my point of discussion, well I thought I would start off simple, the media. Ok so it may seem that I am jumping on the "hating -o-media bandwagon", but that’s not even the case, as technically I hated the media since it became fashionable to hate the media! And in that I kid I kid, ok so what about the media is it exactly, well firstly we have the amazing influences of the media, I mean being a Muslim and the current news that scrutinize Islam to the "T", and that’s not Mr. T that I’m talking about. Ok apologies for the lame attempts of jokes.

Well I actually think Rupert Murdoch and his puppets have done quite a good job, in making a fool of themselves, I mean half the stuff I read in those tatty papers, *Brit. you know you all indulge in the free Metros given out across the country* is a utter load of nonsense, and I thank Allah that I read Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl as a child otherwise I would’ve been inflicted in a chav like manner. Actually talking of chavs and for my brothers and sisters who are not familiar with that term, it is but those people whom live in British society who have a taste for sports clothing, preferably with the tracksuit bottoms tucked into the socks, and those devilish Timberlands, which by the way, people look into the history of the company of Timberland and you will be surprised.

Anywise back to the topic at hand, so what was it about chavs, ah ha yes, The Attack of the Chav, something, which happened to some friends and myself on the bus. We were sitting upstairs as you do, just talking about abroad and so forth, when two little girls about the height of my legs, but dressed like 23 year olds, and not just any 23 year olds, but Chavette ones, wow with the big, hoop, gold plated ear rings and PLENTY of pink, Reebok pink of course! Well ok back to, so as they walked past us, one of them coughed a rude word, at us, mmhhhmm and yes it was at us considering we were the only Muslims, unfortunately at this point I couldn’t do "jihad" and deal with the "infidel" as my friend was in the way, ah well. But don’t worry, she got her comeuppance, I shan’t say how though.

Well ok so what does this drama have to do with the media, well it was quite clear that this young lassie had seen or read or something had got through to her pea sized, prejudiced brain, for her to abuse us because of our faith. And this influence is the media, it’s amazing how the media really can influence everyone and anyone, if you let it that is. I think, with myself over the past few years I have become even less so of a conformist, I no longer desire to be lazy and let someone else do my thinking for me and so therefore I now form my own opinions, woohoo an achievement if there ever was one.

But as a wise man once said its all about how you interact with your neighbours, quite literally too, if us as Muslims are anti-social with people then people will start to believe what the media says, the media isn’t as influential as it makes out to be. I mean I remember myself back in the days of my youth, last summer, when I would get really angry because I would see Muslims actually supporting all the garbage that was written in the papers, by acting in the way that the Daily Mail says Muslims are, I mean at the end of the day, if we were just a little more hospitable with people then we would see a immense change in the opinions of others. Basically the media write the rubbish, but we are the ones who are left to dispose of it…so how will we do it…. either just sweep under the rug and pretend that it isn’t there, or even worse not even get rid of it but actually add more to it, or perhaps recycle it and make something positive of it, ok sorry for my bad analogy but ah.

I may even contemplate having my own paper, I mean I know I wont get very far Mr. Sky wont let me, but still one can aspire I guess. actually the idea of writing a newspaper which isn’t biased to the corrupt ways of the world sounds quite intriguing however the possibility of it seems somewhat unrealistic ah well.

Well this is where I draw my "article" to a close, it may not seem that interesting but I needed to test the waters somehow. I hope to have some comical yet serious ones coming up soon when I get the chance. Ma’salaamah and peace!!

Musaafirah
10-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Hmm..on the issue of chavs/ chavettes, the area I live in are full of them unfortunately..however, as of yet nobody has had tha audacity to insult me to my face..they just do it behind my back! But I don't respond and act as if I hadn't heard. "Innallaha Ma'assaabireen" right?
By the way could you please enlighten me as to who Rupert Murdoch is?
I've never liked the media either..Where oh where can we obtain reliable sources these day?

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-20-2006, 08:31 AM
:salamext:

Nice one nayaa!:lol: Good read.:)

Sister_6038
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Hmm..on the issue of chavs/ chavettes, the area I live in are full of them unfortunately..however, as of yet nobody has had tha audacity to insult me to my face..they just do it behind my back! But I don't respond and act as if I hadn't heard. "Innallaha Ma'assaabireen" right?
By the way could you please enlighten me as to who Rupert Murdoch is?
I've never liked the media either..Where oh where can we obtain reliable sources these day?
yep sister right on...rupert and im not talking about the bear....hes the guy who owns Sky, and like a billion other media thaaangs. in regards to reliable sources.....hmmmmm....errrr.....?

:salamext:

Nice one nayaa!:lol: Good read.:)

lol thanks

and alpha dude bro i changed it for you...that cool?

oh yeah by the way if you give me something to write about i will not only write about it but also research it that cool?

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Write about what I privately suggested.:p

Sister_6038
10-20-2006, 10:17 AM
sis no way lololol....i dont need anymore bounty hunters out after me!! but feel free to suggest me a rant as im at work and the customers are making me wanna shout!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok ok... lol. Rant about, people being stingy with space in the masjid in Ramadan, but not even turning up to pray at the masjid after Ramadan is gone.:rant:

Sister_6038
10-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Umm 'Abdullah my darling sister, what exactly is happening? is there no place for you to pray, in regards to people going to the masjid during ramadhan and not going afterwards well what can i say? i mean at the end of the day there is no dispute about it being fantastic that people go and worship and seek the reward and pleasure of Allah but at the same time ramadhan is there for us to get unstuck from our ways and better ourselves, it is something which isnt just for a month but for all year. But sister you know what you should do have a word with someone in charge and see if more space can made if possible

something which really gets my goat is that why is there a masjid on my street which is by the way the only purpose built masjid in the whole of my city yet it has no space for sisters to pray! i am most disgusted by this!! i cant believe this especially as the excuse being for this is that..."oh in our culture women are encouraged to pray at home".....erm hello??? seriously though its very sad that sisters who live like quite literally a two minute walk away from the mosque, one of the sisters i know actually lives behind it, have to go halfway across the city to pray taraweh because there are no facilities for us at this mosque, and im sorry but taraweh prayers are when its dark, so sisters having to needlessly travel across the city, which by the way is a crime ridden pothole, when they could go pray at a mosque right near their homes!!

This to me is oppression in its ugliest form , and no its doesnt have a beautiful form, but why oh why is this happening? you know what the result of this is? sisters praying in the street outside the mosque? some many see this as extreme, i personally think its a disgrace that this what they having to resort to, and whats worse is that nobody is even bothering to try and rectify this!

The ways of this world are a disappointment, seriously at 18 years old, i am ashamed to say that the adults who are leaders are not doing their jobs properly. Islam is a beautiful religion, men and women are equal. Muslim women were the first to vote, muslim women are seen as precious jewels, muslim women are encouraged to educate themselves, the list goes on, but then things like this happen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
."oh in our culture women are encouraged to pray at home"

That doesn't mean we can't pray there. Hello? What if we're in town and the tiem for prayer comes.:rant:

And this lady said to my friend the other day: Don't make space for that woman. What's that all about?:rant:

Wait... I mistook this thread for Umm's unionic but ironic column.:X

Good stuff sis.:shade:

You need to send a letter to the head imam of that masjid sis. There needs to be somewhere for sisters to pray!

Sister_6038
10-20-2006, 12:08 PM
sis inshaAllah will do!! anything else for me to rant about?

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Ok, how about:

Free-mixing?

Sister_6038
10-20-2006, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah
Ok, how about:

Free-mixing?
:uuh: lolololol ok thats an essay which i will do...but give me something less brutal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.