/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad (pbuh) a human?

nishom
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
As Muslims were suppose to believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final messenger of Allah. We should believe the message he delivered through God (the Quran( as well as his teachings (the sunnah, his examples).
We should try to follow him as closely as possible.

Also the prophet (pbuh) was a human being who recived divine inspiration from God.

So why are people telling me im wrong and that i shouldnt believe that he (pbuh) was a person like you and me? They believe he (pbuh) is not human but a special being and that he is alive in his (pbuh) grave and that he can hear and see every one of us, and that he listens to and accept our duas when we say 'ya muhammad'-ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH.

What kind of shirk is this? The prophet (pbuh) is not God.

Theres no mway im going to that mosque again!!!!1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jameel
11-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Those who call out and say "ya muhammad" and make dua to him, have no knowledge of the deen whatsoever!, To call out and say this you are contradicting they verse you recite in your salah every day
"You ALONE we worship, and YOU ALONE WE SEEK HELP" (surah al-fatihah)
This is a clear contradcition, andby saying this you are inducng shirk, and you become a kaafir.

Brother i think that masjid you attended is a brawelli mosque.

H4RUN
11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
:sl:
hey man dont generelaise akhi, you say it's the brailwi community that say this sort of stuff, just to break the icing it's not all....
:w:

Jameel
11-13-2006, 10:56 AM
brawellis.....why do they do this sort of stuff? what evidences do they produce to back up there grave worshipping??? Does anyone know??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
11-13-2006, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nishom
As Muslims were suppose to believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final messenger of Allah. We should believe the message he delivered through God (the Quran( as well as his teachings (the sunnah, his examples).
We should try to follow him as closely as possible.

Also the prophet (pbuh) was a human being who recived divine inspiration from God.

So why are people telling me im wrong and that i shouldnt believe that he (pbuh) was a person like you and me? They believe he (pbuh) is not human but a special being and that he is alive in his (pbuh) grave and that he can hear and see every one of us, and that he listens to and accept our duas when we say 'ya muhammad'-ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH.

Theres no mway im going to that mosque again!!!!1
I have read that it has been narrrated that if someone sends their salam to Prophet muhammad, that he peace be upon him, will be informed.

But I have yet to see where it states that he forgives or anything, he could not forgive people when he was alive peace be upon him, but he can when he is dead?

He is a person like us, one from mankind, but he is also a prophet and messenger which does make him special, but still human, he had to go toilet, he had reletions with his wives and so on, pretty human.

May Allah's blessings and peace be upon him

Abu Ibraheem
11-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Salams poster -

I understand where you are coming from and how you feel.

1. Muhammad pbuh is human, but not like us as in our nature. This doesnt imply in anyway he is divine. We are very sinful humans whilst he was the best of creation, an example for us all. No Prophet is a ordinary human being. What is emphaszied is their status with Allah. They have senses that a normal human being can not sense. The Prophet heard and saw things we couldnt.

2. All Prophets are alive in their grave and that was the aqeedah of the early muslims and even later day scholar Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahaab, it is only recent saudi "scholars" who claim that the prophets are bones and their bodies have been absorbed by worms. Keep in mind they are a very small minute minority who beleive such a disrespectful thing. The rest of the Salafiyah are sound in creed.

3. It is mere speculation about the sight and hearing of the Prophet. Whether he can see you and hear you now, that knowledge is with Allah, and by Allahs permission it could be made possible. However! its speculation and there is no scriptual evidence to support their claim. There is a hadith, however, which suggests that our deeds are presented to the Prophet pbuh every friday and there is also the hadith about the angels conveying your Salaam to the Prophet.

4. It is major shirk to call upon the Prophet asyou would call upon Allah.

Wasalams

LUVAR
11-13-2006, 06:45 PM
subhanAllah thats shirk

raushan
11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
21:107 We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures.
-------

Biographies of the Prophet usually treat their subject as if he were a person endowed with great magical powers, one who by mysterious means brought the whole of Arabia under his wing. These books read like fairy tales; even events, which have no miraculous content, have been given a fanciful, miraculous interpretation. Take the case of Suhaib Ibn Senan’s migration from Mecca to Medina. When some Quraysh youths blocked his path, Suhaib pleaded with them: “If I let you have all my property, will you let me go?” They said that they would. Suhaib had a few ounces of silver with him. He gave it all to them and carried on to Medina. According to a tradition in Baihaqi, Suhaib said that when the Prophet saw him in Medina he told Suhaib that his trading, that is, his handing over of his property to the Quraysh, had been very profitable. Suhaib, according to the tradition, was astounded, for no one had arrived in Medina before him who could have brought the news. “It must have been Gabriel who told you,” he said to the Prophet.

But the same event has been related by Marduya and Ibn Sa‘ad. According to them, Suhaib told his own story in these words:

“I carried on until I reached Medina. When the Prophet heard about my handing over my property to the Quraysh he said: ‘Suhaib’s trading has profited! Suhaib’s trading has profited!”

The entire life of the Prophet was, in fact, a simple human event, that is why it serves as an example to us. He was a human being like ay other, but his life was a perfect pattern for others. According to Bukhari, he stumbled on the road and was hurt like anyone else. Indeed, the reason that his congregation refused to believe that he was the receiver of divine revelation was the very fact that, to all appearances, the Prophet appeared just like any normal human being:

“You may transactions in the town. You see a livelihood just as we do.” (Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah)

The truth is that the greatness of the Prophet’s life lies in its being a human event rather than a far-fetched tale of inimitable miraculous actions. The Prophet was God’s humble and very human servant, and, having been chosen by God to spread His message, he was helped by Him at every critical hour. In this sense his success was miraculous, but the Prophet himself was in no way endowed with superhuman powers. It is rather the human aspect of his life, which emerges from a study of the Qur’an.

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Miracles were manifested through the Prophet pbuh but these were not by his own power. Please dont say the Prophet pbuh us just like you and me because he is not. In human form yes, hes human, but characterwise hes better than an angel. I find it dsrespectful when somebody says Muhammad pbuh was a normal normality of a normal norm! thats very degrading. He was the best of creation, a ruby amongst stones and in his footsteps we find perfection. wasalams

raushan
11-22-2006, 12:18 PM
1.The entire life of the Prophet:arabic5: was, in fact, a simple human event, that is why it serves as an example to us.
2.He :arabic5: was a human being like ay other, but his life was a perfect pattern for others.
3.that he :arabic5: was the receiver of divine revelation was the very fact that, to all appearances, the Prophet appeared just like any normal human being

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 12:58 PM
1.The entire life of the Prophet was, in fact, a simple human event, that is why it serves as an example to us.
I agree his life was human, but he was not just any simple human, he was a special human.

2.He was a human being like ay other, but his life was a perfect pattern for others.
He was created like any other, but in no way is anybody comparable in the slightest to him. He is the best of all creation.

3.that he was the receiver of divine revelation was the very fact that, to all appearances, the Prophet appeared just like any normal human being .
I see the Prophet peace be upon him as the best of human beings, in that respect we can follow him but we will never be on the same footing with him, therefore i dont consider him normal but special.

I dont deny the miracles of the Prophet peace be upon him, i dont belittle his knowldge of matters in the world and the hereafter, i believe that the Prophet was sinless and i definatly believe that he is special speacial speacial and not normal. I am not saying Muhammad peace be upon him is divine, no, he is a human that was chosan for divine revalation. I believe he was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet sent. I do not believe Muhammad peace be upon him is God or a part of Gods personal light. I fully believe that Muhammad peace be upon him was created.

He peace be upon him did have so many miracles, we cant say he didnt and that he is like any other human, just normal without miracles. Theres only one other human that i can think over who rode with flying animals at the speed of light and that is Santa claus, except Santa is a lie, our Prophet peace be upon him is a reality!

I am sure that we are speaking past each other here and that we have the same love and reverance for the Prophet peace be upon him, however the usage of words can be highly misunderstood.

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 01:08 PM
:salamext:

subhan Allaah, i agree abu ibraheem :)

Umar001
11-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Brothers and Sisters,

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
..believe he was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet sent.
What makes you believe this?

Skillganon
11-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I too would like to know that.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-22-2006, 09:02 PM
ok so what about Sami Yusuf. In one of nasheeds, "Al Muallim," he says Ya Muhammad...:?

Abu Ibraheem
11-22-2006, 10:07 PM
:sl: Tayaba

We do say as-salaamu alayka ayuhan nabi in our salah which cariies the same meaning its just that yaa is omitted most of the time when there is a "al" (al marifu bilaami) in the munaada. When i said that it is shirk to call upon the Prophet like you would Allah, i meant in terms of asking for help, health, children and wealth asonly Allah can decide and bestow these things.
The way Sami Yusuf is using yaaa is an expression of love, he is not calling for help. wasalams.

H4RUN
11-22-2006, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Assalamu Aleykum Brothers and Sisters,

What makes you believe this?
okay 1st and foremost no hadiths to back me up whatsoever, short of time.....

This duniya, this temporary duniya....why was it created? If there was no beloved Prophet there'd be no duniya, it was created for him....just as everything was created from the Nur of Prophet Muhammad pbuh, the nur which was given to him by Allah subhanawata'ala. Why was this done?

Allah swt could just as easily have created everything directly from his own nur....Muhammad pbuh was and is the best of his creations...

If it wasn't for him, there would be no duniya, if it wasn't for him just imagine how much worse off we would be.....

So to have everything created from the nur of Muhammad pbuh which was a portion given by Allah swt to me means that something must have been created, a soul.
So in that essence the soul of Muhammad pbuh was created before anything, and the physical body was to be known to us as the last Prophet....
Allahualim:)
fiamanAllah
ps. some parts were heard in lectures/khutba's hence quoting may not be entirely correct...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-22-2006, 11:03 PM
:sl: Tayaba

We do say as-salaamu alayka ayuhan nabi in our salah which cariies the same meaning its just that yaa is omitted most of the time when there is a "al" (al marifu bilaami) in the munaada. When i said that it is shirk to call upon the Prophet like you would Allah, i meant in terms of asking for help, health, children and wealth asonly Allah can decide and bestow these things.
The way Sami Yusuf is using yaaa is an expression of love, he is not calling for help. wasalams.
Yea i figured so. Jazak Allah for confirming, i just needed to make sure.

Muhammad
11-22-2006, 11:09 PM
1. Believing that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is not like the rest of humanity, and that he is light from the Light of Allaah Himself is not a correct belief, because it contradicts the Qur’aan. Allaah has stated that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is human, and has explained what makes the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) different from the rest of mankind. He said (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your God is One God (Allaah). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.” [al-Kahf 18:110]

Mankind, human beings, are created, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him He created his wife (Hawwa/Eve), and from them both He created many men and women…” [al-Nisaa’ 4:1]

“O mankind, if you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily! We have created you from dust, then from a nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge)…” [al-Hajj 22:5]

“O Prophet! Verily, We have sent you as witness, and a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner, - and as one who invites to Allaah by His leave, and as a lamp spreading light.” [al-Ahzaab 33:45-46]
In contrast, Allaah is the First, and He has no beginning, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), the Most High (nothing is above Him), and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him). And He is the All-Knower of every thing.” [al-Hadeed 57:3]

Allaah called His Prophet “light” and a “lamp spreading light” because of the guidance and light with which Allaah sent him, with which Allaah guides all those who answer his call

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… Indeed, there has come to you a light (Prophet Muhammad

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) and a plain Book (this Qur’aan).”
[al-Maa’idah 5:15]

2. Saying that he is present and watching in every place, that he is himself present at every gathering to celebrate his birthday, and that he hears what the people present are saying, is all false. There is no basis for this in either the Qur’aan or the Sunnah.

3. Calling on him and seeking his help and support is a form of major shirk which is not permitted, whether one is calling on the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or on any other created being, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… so invoke not anyone along with Allaah.”[al-Jinn 72:18]

“And whoever invokes (or worships) besides Allaah, any other god of whom he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely! Al-kaafiroon (the disbelievers) will not be successful.” [al-Mu’minoon 23:117]

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 3/4)
The Muslim should follow, not innovate. He should believe in Allaah alone, call on Him alone and seek His help alone. He should not call on or seek the help of anyone else. The consequences of shirk are devastating, as it will wipe out all a person’s good deeds and lead to his doom in Hell. Bid’ah is a serious matter, which will cause a person’s deeds to be thrown back at him, not accepted. The Muslim should love, respect, honour and obey the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and give his words precedence over the words of any other human being, but it is not permitted to exaggerate about him, or to raise his status above that which has been bestowed upon him by Allaah, or to call on him instead of Allaah, because this is a violation of the rights of Allaah, and involves directing acts of worship to someone other than Allaah, when they should only be directed towards Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted. We ask Allaah to help us to do that which will please Him and to avoid that which will earn His wrath, and to help us to love Him and His Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1196&ln=eng

it was created for him....just as everything was created from the Nur of Prophet Muhammad pbuh, the nur which was given to him by Allah subhanawata'ala.
Where is the evidence for this?

Umar001
11-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Sounds abit like cultural stuff to me ;) :p

Like the Hadeeth that says the World was Created for Muhammad, peace be upon him.

H4RUN
11-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Hazrat Ibn-e-Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) cousin of the holy prophet (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon Him) says in the commentary of the verse 35 from chapter 24: Sura Noor. "The similitude of the Noor (Light) of Allah is Noor (light) of the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace and Peace be upon Him), when he was in the backs of ancestors". (Tafseer-e-Ibne Abbas)

And the business of 'light'

"O people of the Scripture! Now has Our Messenger come unto you, expounding unto you much of that which you used to hide in the Scripture, and forgiving much. Now has come unto you Light from Allah and a plain scripture whereby Allah guides him who seeks His good pleasure unto paths of peace. He brings them out of darkness unto light by His decree, and guides them unto a straight path." 5:15-16

"Then those who believe in him (Muhammad), and honour him, and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him, they are the Successful. 7:157

I don't know if im missing something, but to me from the above, the Prophet is being reffered to as the 'light'....

Abu Ibraheem
11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Salaam

Indeed the Prophet saaws is a light from Allah but how is that to be understood is the dispute.

The evidence is clear considering the following facts:

Evidence from the Qur’aan:

قَدْ جَاءَكُمْ مِنْ اللَّه نُور وَكِتَاب مُبِين

There has come you from Allah a Light, and a Manifest Book" (Quran 5:15).

Ibn Abbas, the cousin of the Prophet and the most learned in the field of tafaseer says:

رسول يعني محمداً

A messenger meaning Muhammad peace be upon him (Tanweer ul Miqbaas)

See for yourself here: http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...&UserProfile=0

Imam Suyuti says about the نُور :

هُوَ النَّبِيّ صَلَّى اللَّه عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

"It is the Prophet peace be upon him" (Tafsir al Jalalayn)

see with your own eyes at http://quran.al-islam.com/Tafseer/Di...EEN&tashkeel=0)

at-Tabari says

يَعْنِي بِالنُّورِ مُحَمَّد صَلَّى اللَّه عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

He means by the Light: Muhammad peace be upon him (Tafsir Tabari jami` al-bayan)

See for yourself by visiting this site http://quran.al-islam.com/Tafseer/Di...ARY&tashkeel=0

Furthermore Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan confirms Prophet Muhammad is the light referred to in Surah.5:15 and this is a Salafi Dar us Salam publication!

How are we to understand this?

If we were to look in the Qur’aan at ayah 4:171 we will find that Isa عليه السلام is a spirit from Allah (wa Ruhun minhu) so would it be wrong? shirk? Bidah? kufr? to say that the Holy Prophet صلي اللّه عليه وسلم
is nurun minhu? a light from Allah? According to Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khan the answer is no. Dr Muhsin Khan in his footnote to Surah 4:171 explains:

‘Ruh-ullah: According to the early religious scholars from among the Companions of the Prophet صلي اللّه عليه وسلم and their students and the Mujtahideen, there is a rule to distinguish between the two nouns in the genitive construction:

a) When one of two nouns is Allah, and the other is a person or a thing, e.g Allah’s house (Bayt-ullah); Allah’s Messenger (Rasul-ullah); and Allah’s slave (Abd-ullah); Allah’s spirit (Ruh-ullah), the rule for the above words is the second noun, e.g., house, messenger, slave or spirit is created by Allah and is honorable in His sight, and similarly, Allah’s spirit may be understood as the spirit of Allah, in fact it is a soul created by Allah, i.e. Isa (Jesus)…

b) But when one of the two is Allah and the second is neither a person nor a thing, then it is not a created thing but is a quality of Allah, e.g. Allah’s knowledge (‘Ilm-ullah); Allah’s life (Hayt-ullah); Allah’s statement (Kalam-ullah); Allah’s self and (Dhat-ullah).
(The Noble Qur’an, translated by Muhammad Muhsin Khan, footnote to surah 4: verse 171, Dar us Salam publications)

Therefore, on the strength of the evidence, one simply has to conclude that Muhammad peace be upon him a light from Allah. Howver Muhammad saaws was not made from Allahs personal light because that would be saying that Muhammad is a part of Allah.

And also i am checking surah noor in Ibn Abbas right now and i will get back to you about it.

Abu Ibraheem
11-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Actually Ibn Abbas says in regards to "the simlitude of His light":

نور المؤمنين ويقال مثل نور الله في قلب المؤمن

The light of faith and saying the likeness of the light of Allah is in a heart of a believer(punch me if i translated it wrong i am not a scholar).

you can see for yourself here http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...&UserProfile=0

Muhammad
11-23-2006, 08:00 PM

Regarding Allaah's mentioning of "light", the Q&A which I posted above already mentioned that:
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Allaah called His Prophet “light” and a “lamp spreading light” because of the guidance and light with which Allaah sent him, with which Allaah guides all those who answer his call

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… Indeed, there has come to you a light (Prophet Muhammad

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) and a plain Book (this Qur’aan).”
[al-Maa’idah 5:15]
As for the verse in Soorah Noor, I checked Tafseer Ibn Katheer, but I did not find such a view stated by Ibn Abbas and instead I found this:
(The parable of His Light) There are two views concerning the meaning of the pronoun (His). The first is that it refers to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, meaning that the parable of His guidance in the heart of the believer is
[كَمِشْكَاةٍ]

(as a niche) This was the view of Ibn `Abbas. The second view is that the pronoun refers to the believer, which is indicated by the context of the words and implies that the parable of the light in the heart of the believer is as a niche. So the heart of the believer and what he is naturally inclined to of guidance and what he learns of the Qur'an which is in accordance with his natural inclinations are, as Allah says:
[أَفَمَن كَانَ عَلَى بَيِّنَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّهِ وَيَتْلُوهُ شَاهِدٌ مِّنْهُ]
(Can they who rely on a clear proof from their Lord, and whom a witness from Him recites it (can they be equal with the disbelievers)) [11:17].

Sunni Student
11-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I believe he was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet sent.
The evidence for that is that Allah commands the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] to Say in the Holy Quran:

"Wa Ana Awwalul Muslimeen"

So the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is the first Muslim!

Before I explain how this is proof that the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] was created before any other Prophet.

I would like your respnses on this Ayah, and yes I am aware of what the Tafsirs say about this Ayah
:D

Abu Ibraheem
11-24-2006, 01:10 AM

I dont think your asking me, then maybe yet again you are.
I believe hes the premordial Prophet not due to the evidence you presented but when the Prophets made a pact with Allah to support Muhammad saaws whilst the Prophets was still just a ruh. Plus theres the hadith on the subject about the Prophet saaws existing whilst Adam was still being fashioned in the clay. The evidence you presented can be argued against due to the fact that many Prophets say in the Qur'aan that they were the first Muslim, i.e, the first to submit from amongst their people. But i know where you are coming from. wasalams

Sunni Student
11-24-2006, 01:20 AM

I dont think your asking me, then maybe yet again you are.
I believe hes the premordial Prophet not due to the evidence you presented but when the Prophets made a pact with Allah to support Muhammad saaws whilst the Prophets was still just a ruh. Plus theres the hadith on the subject about the Prophet saaws existing whilst Adam was still being fashioned in the clay. The evidence you presented can be argued against due to the fact that many Prophets say in the Qur'aan that they were the first Muslim, i.e, the first to submit from amongst their people. But i know where you are coming from. wasalams
I know not much people try to establish this belief from the Quran!

However you are Incorrect to saying that Other Prophets have said they are the first Muslims!

I challenge anyone to bring one Ayah of the Quran where any other Prophet is told to say that they are the First Muslim!

Its not there, yes Musa has said he is the first Mu'min which is the first to believe, now I hinted to the Tafsirs in my previous posts, now the Tafsirs say that Musa is the first as in the first from his Ummah to believe and The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is the first to Submit/Surrender to Allah from his Ummah!

Now just tell me who is from the Ummah of Musa and who is from the Ummah of The Prophet Muhammad?

Grace Seeker
11-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Reflecting on both of the following:
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
okay 1st and foremost no hadiths to back me up whatsoever, short of time.....

This duniya, this temporary duniya....why was it created? If there was no beloved Prophet there'd be no duniya, it was created for him....just as everything was created from the Nur of Prophet Muhammad pbuh, the nur which was given to him by Allah subhanawata'ala. Why was this done?

Allah swt could just as easily have created everything directly from his own nur....Muhammad pbuh was and is the best of his creations...

If it wasn't for him, there would be no duniya, if it wasn't for him just imagine how much worse off we would be.....

So to have everything created from the nur of Muhammad pbuh which was a portion given by Allah swt to me means that something must have been created, a soul.
So in that essence the soul of Muhammad pbuh was created before anything, and the physical body was to be known to us as the last Prophet....
Allahualim:)
fiamanAllah
ps. some parts were heard in lectures/khutba's hence quoting may not be entirely correct...
and

Salams poster -

1. Muhammad pbuh is human, but not like us as in our nature. This doesnt imply in anyway he is divine. We are very sinful humans whilst he was the best of creation, an example for us all. No Prophet is a ordinary human being. What is emphaszied is their status with Allah. They have senses that a normal human being can not sense. The Prophet heard and saw things we couldnt.

3. It is mere speculation about the sight and hearing of the Prophet. Whether he can see you and hear you now, that knowledge is with Allah, and by Allahs permission it could be made possible. However! its speculation and there is no scriptual evidence to support their claim. There is a hadith, however, which suggests that our deeds are presented to the Prophet pbuh every friday and there is also the hadith about the angels conveying your Salaam to the Prophet.

Now, I am aware that as a Christian I do not know all that I should know or understand about the Prophet (peace be upon him). So I truly mean no disrespect to him nor to Islam in any of my following comments.

As you write, you recognize the humanness of Muhammad (pbuh). So that is his nature. His nature is human nature the same as any other human. Aren't all prophets ordinary human beings, for there is no such thing as an unordinary human being? But of course he was special. For though the Prophet (pbuh) would have been an ordinary human being, he was blessed by Allah (swt) in extra-ordinary ways. However, he was special because not because of his own nature, but because of his submission to Allah. By his submission we have Allah's nature revealed to us.

You say:
But Allah has always provided a prophet when the people have needed a prophet. How wonderful that Muhammad (pbuh) was willing to be the servant of Allah. But if he had not been, surely Allah the Almighty could have found and used another human to serve Allah's purposes.

Thus it was Allah that made Muhammad (pbuh) special. It was Allah that gave him the recitations. And it was and is Allah who by Allah's own nature make true all of the other things you said about the Prophet. In honoring the Prophet (pbuh), do not turn it into worship, to pray dua to Muhammad (pbuh) would seem to me to be idolatry. Even if
There is a hadith, however, which suggests that our deeds are presented to the Prophet pbuh every friday and there is also the hadith about the angels conveying your Salaam to the Prophet.
this only suggests that the Prophet (pbuh) is able to hear our prayers. It is still only Allah who can respond to such prayers and therefore it is only Allah to who is worthy of such prayers and to whom they should be addressed.

Yes, Muhammad (pbuh) is special, but to Allah be all the praise.

Abu Ibraheem
11-24-2006, 03:18 PM
However you are Incorrect to saying that Other Prophets have said they are the first Muslims!
Yes you are correct, dont let it satisfy your nafs though. The truth is that other Prophets in the Qur'aan have declared to be the first of the believers (Mumin or Mumineen) and not Muslim. I was incorrect.

I challenge anyone to bring one Ayah of the Quran where any other Prophet is told to say that they are the First Muslim!
Your challenge cant be met, i searched the Qur'aan for a good 15 minutes and benifitted because now i know how to answer Christian missionaries who claim there is a contradiction in the Qur'aan in regards to this point.

Its not there, yes Musa has said he is the first Mu'min which is the first to believe, now I hinted to the Tafsirs in my previous posts, now the Tafsirs say that Musa is the first as in the first from his Ummah to believe and The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is the first to Submit/Surrender to Allah from his Ummah!
Valid point, no dispute.

Now just tell me who is from the Ummah of Musa and who is from the Ummah of The Prophet Muhammad?
What do you mean and more over what do you know and how do you know?

My believe:

Muhammad saaws was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet to be sent according to this hadith:

"I was a Prophet when Adam was still between spirit and body." ( Tirmidhi, Ahmad, Hakim and Bukhari in Tarikh.)

Umar001
11-24-2006, 03:32 PM
"I was a Prophet when Adam was still between spirit and body." ( Tirmidhi, Ahmad, Hakim and Bukhari in Tarikh.)
Is that hadeeth sahih?

Abu Ibraheem
11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
The Quraanic verse it has connection with is Sahih:

And remember when Allah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying, ‘Take what I have given you of the Book and the Wisdom and afterwards there will come to you a messenger confirming what is with you; you must them believe in him and help him.’ Allah said, ‘Do you affirm and take up the covenant?’ They said, ‘We affirm.’ He said, ‘Then bear witness, for I am with you amongst those who have bore witness.’ Surah Aali `Imraan 3:81

If we look to the view of scholars such as Imaams Ibn al-Jawzi (his book al-Wafaa'), Qaadi `Iyaad (ash-Shifaa, Ch. 1, p. 48) Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali (Lataa'if al-Ma`aarif, pp. 158-162), Ibn Taymiyyah (Majmu` al-Fataawa, V. 1, pp. 95-97), Ibn ul-Qayyim (Badaa`i ul-Fawaa'id, p. 63) we will see that they believe Muhammad saaws was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet sent.

wasalams

Skillganon
11-24-2006, 06:05 PM
I got this from Tafsir of ibn Khatir: http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=3&tid=8624

Taking a Pledge From the Prophets to Believe in Our Prophet, Muhammad

Allah states that He took a pledge from every Prophet whom He sent from Adam until `Isa, that when Allah gives them the Book and the Hikmah, thus acquiring whatever high grades they deserve, then a Messenger came afterwards, they would believe in and support him. Even though Allah has given the Prophets the knowledge and the prophethood, this fact should not make them refrain from following and supporting the Prophet who comes after them. This is why Allah, the Most High, Most Honored, said

[وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَـقَ النَّبِيِّيْنَ لَمَآ ءَاتَيْتُكُم مِّن كِتَـبٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ]

(And (remember) when Allah took the covenant of the Prophets, saying: "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah.'') meaning, if I give you the Book and the Hikmah,

[ثُمَّ جَآءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُّصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنصُرُنَّهُ قَالَ ءَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَى ذلِكُمْ إِصْرِى]

("and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him.'' Allah said, "Do you agree (to it) and will you take up Isri'')

Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Ar-Rabi`, Qatadah and As-Suddi said that `Isri' means, "My covenant.'' Muhammad bin Ishaq said that,

[إِصْرِى]

(Isri) means, "The responsibility of My covenant that you took,'' meaning, the ratified pledge that you gave Me.

[قَالُواْ أَقْرَرْنَا قَالَ فَاشْهَدُواْ وَأَنَاْ مَعَكُمْ مِّنَ الشَّـهِدِينَفَمَنْ تَوَلَّى بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ]

(They said: "We agree.'' He said: "Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses.'' then whoever turns away after this,'') from fulfilling this pledge and covenant, c

[فَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْفَـسِقُونَ]

(they are the rebellious.) `Ali bin Abi Talib and his cousin `Abdullah bin `Abbas said, "Allah never sent a Prophet but after taking his pledge that if Muhammad were sent in his lifetime, he would believe in and support him.'' Allah commanded each Prophet to take a pledge from his nation that if Muhammad were sent in their time, they would believe in and support him. Tawus, Al-Hasan Al-Basri and Qatadah said, "Allah took the pledge from the Prophets that they would believe in each other'', and this statement does not contradict what `Ali and Ibn `Abbas stated.

Therefore, Muhammad is the Final Prophet until the Day of Resurrection. He is the greatest Imam, who if he existed in any time period, deserves to be obeyed, rather than all other Prophets. This is why Muhammad led the Prophets in prayer during the night of Isra' when they gathered in Bayt Al-Maqdis (Jerusalem). He is the intercessor on the Day of Gathering, when the Lord comes to judge between His servants. This is Al-Maqam Al-Mahmud (the praised station) [refer to 17:79] that only Muhammad deserves, a responsibility which the mighty Prophets and Messengers will decline to assume. However, Muhammad will carry the task of intercession, may Allah's peace and blessings be on him.

[أَفَغَيْرَ دِينِ اللَّهِ يَبْغُونَ وَلَهُ أَسْلَمَ مَن فِى السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ طَوْعًا وَكَرْهًا وَإِلَيْهِ يُرْجَعُونَ - قُلْ ءَامَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَمَآ أُنزِلَ عَلَيْنَا وَمَآ أُنزِلَ عَلَى إِبْرَهِيمَ وَإِسْمَـعِيلَ وَإِسْحَـقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالاٌّسْبَاطِ وَمَا أُوتِىَ مُوسَى وَعِيسَى وَالنَّبِيُّونَ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ - وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلَـمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِى الاٌّخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَـسِرِينَ ]

(83. Do they seek other than the religion of Allah, while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.) (84. Say: "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim, Isma`il, Ishaq, Ya`qub and Al-Asbat, and what was given to Musa, `Isa and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted.'') (85. And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.)

Sunni Student
11-25-2006, 12:57 AM

What do you mean and more over what do you know and how do you know?
Is the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] a Prophet only for those people who lived during his life and those people to come untill the day of Judgement or is The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] a Prophet sent to all Mankind, there is A hadith in Sahih Muslim "Ursil thu ilal khalqi Kaafa" and the many Quran Ayahs that say the Prophet was sent for all Mankind.

So if he was sent to All Mankind, meaning All Humans and All Jinns then that also means he is the Prophet of All Mankind including the other prophets.

Now you said you agreed that Muhammad [Peace be upon him] was the first to surrender to Allah out of his Ummah, what I am saying is that All the Prophets are from the Ummah of the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] thus he surrendered to Allah's will before any of them!

Thus he was created before them!

[I can give the full refs of the Ayahs and Hadith that state the Prophet was sent to All Mankind]

Abu Ibraheem
11-25-2006, 05:34 AM
I think it would be less tedious if i just agreed with you ...

anyways i am heading down manchester next week. Whats that bookshop in Bolton that Qais buys his books from? can you give me directions from Ashton? and tell me where exactly this book shop is?

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
^^

salam

Do u want me to pass that message on to brother Qais..??

wasalam

Abu Ibraheem
11-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Salam i got the adress its 119 halliway road out in Bolton, ufortuntly they do not have what i want yet ... so may be a delay ...thanks though ... wasalams

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-25-2006, 03:37 PM
ok no problemo

wasalam

Abu Ibraheem
11-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Salam, the address is a book shop, so dont be going there thinking youre knocking on my door lol! (not directed at Sum Muslim Gal)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-25-2006, 06:11 PM
hahah..very funny lol...:D

its pretty funny coz theres a massive box just besides me with books in outside the box says bolton - with the address u given above lol..could have easily given that..duuh!!

wasalam

Umar001
11-29-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunni Student
Is the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] a Prophet only for those people who lived during his life and those people to come untill the day of Judgement or is The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] a Prophet sent to all Mankind, there is A hadith in Sahih Muslim "Ursil thu ilal khalqi Kaafa" and the many Quran Ayahs that say the Prophet was sent for all Mankind.

So if he was sent to All Mankind, meaning All Humans and All Jinns then that also means he is the Prophet of All Mankind including the other prophets.

Now you said you agreed that Muhammad [Peace be upon him] was the first to surrender to Allah out of his Ummah, what I am saying is that All the Prophets are from the Ummah of the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] thus he surrendered to Allah's will before any of them!

Thus he was created before them!

[I can give the full refs of the Ayahs and Hadith that state the Prophet was sent to All Mankind]
Akhi, Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah :)

Am confused, peep:

YUSUFALI: It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).

Does that mean the Gospel and Torah are for those before it was revealed and us now?

Eesa.

Sunni Student
11-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Simple Question tell me if there is a difference between Mankind and All Mankind?

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا كَافَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (34:28)

And O beloved! We sent not you but with Messenger ship encircling entire mankind, as a bearer of glad tidings and a Warner, but most of the people do not know. [Kanzul-Iman 34:28]

NOW [as for thee, O Muhammad,] We have not sent thee otherwise than to mankind at large, to be a herald of glad tidings and a Warner; but most people do not understand [this] [M Asad 34:28]

We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not. [Yusuf Ali 34:28]

And We have not sent thee (O Muhammad) save as a bringer of good tidings and a Warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not. [Picktall 34:28]

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا(7:158)

Say you, 'O mankind'; I am Messenger to you all from Allah [Kanzul-Iman 7:158]

Say: "O men! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah [Yusuf Ali 7:158]

Say [O Muhammad]: "O mankind! Verily, I am an apostle of God to all of you, [M Asad 7:158]

Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah to you all [Picktall 7:158]

Abu Ibraheem
11-29-2006, 11:07 PM
we are dealing with ism jinns - denoting the whole genus right?

Grace Seeker
11-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Simple Question tell me if there is a difference between Mankind and All Mankind?
This is where it is important to read Arabic, and I don't. In English, there really is no difference. But there might be in Arabic. Can you tell me?

Umar001
11-30-2006, 10:01 PM

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا كَافَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (34:28)

And O beloved! We sent not you but with Messenger ship encircling entire mankind, as a bearer of glad tidings and a Warner, but most of the people do not know. [Kanzul-Iman 34:28]

NOW [as for thee, O Muhammad,] We have not sent thee otherwise than to mankind at large, to be a herald of glad tidings and a Warner; but most people do not understand [this] [M Asad 34:28]

We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not. [Yusuf Ali 34:28]

And We have not sent thee (O Muhammad) save as a bringer of good tidings and a Warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not. [Picktall 34:28]

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا(7:158)

Say: "O men! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah [Yusuf Ali 7:158]

Say [O Muhammad]: "O mankind! Verily, I am an apostle of God to all of you, [M Asad 7:158]

Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah to you all [Picktall 7:158]
Assalamu Aleykum Brother.

I will ask you to read tafsir focous on the special 5 things Muhammad was given.

Also, I will ask, did the people before Muhammad then have to believe in Him? Like normal people? Was Their Kalimah was La Ilaha Ill Allah Musa RasulAllah wa Muhammad RasulAllah?

Maybe our conversation can carry on from there.

And yes there is a difference between mankind and all mankind.

Abu Ibraheem
11-30-2006, 10:35 PM
The Kalimah has always been suffixed with Muhammad ur Rasoolullah, The Prophets all took a covenant to believe in him and help him, in which they did! Muhammad peace be upon him was the first prophet created and the last prophet sent. All the prophets had knowledge of the final prophet and that is demonstrated in the Qur'aan. They spoke to their people only what they could understand, therefore they left the more complicated matters for the last and final Prophet, that is somewhat demonstrated in the Bible where Jesus says that the spirit of truth shall guide you into all things. wasalams

Sunni Student
12-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Assalamu Aleykum Brother.

I will ask you to read tafsir focous on the special 5 things Muhammad was given.

Also, I will ask, did the people before Muhammad then have to believe in Him? Like normal people? Was Their Kalimah was La Ilaha Ill Allah Musa RasulAllah wa Muhammad RasulAllah?

Maybe our conversation can carry on from there.

And yes there is a difference between mankind and all mankind.
Regardless of what the Kalimah of the other Ummah's was, the fact is that it is established from Quran that the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] was sent to ALL MANKIND!

And the Ayah you quoted for the Scripture states 'mankind' not 'All Mankind'

And regarding the Hadith with the 5 things, one of the 5 things states 'I have been sent [as a messenger] to the entire creation'

Umar001
12-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Assalamu Aleykum

Regardless of what the Kalimah of the other Ummah's was, the fact is that it is established from Quran that the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] was sent to ALL MANKIND!

So do you believe that people at the time of Moses had to testify in Muhammad's Prophethood and Messengership?

And the Ayah you quoted for the Scripture states 'mankind' not 'All Mankind'
Akhi, All mankind does not neccesarily mean previous people.

Umar001
12-01-2006, 12:50 AM
The Kalimah has always been suffixed with Muhammad ur Rasoolullah, The Prophets all took a covenant to believe in him and help him, in which they did! Muhammad peace be upon him was the first prophet created and the last prophet sent. All the prophets had knowledge of the final prophet and that is demonstrated in the Qur'aan. They spoke to their people only what they could understand, therefore they left the more complicated matters for the last and final Prophet, that is somewhat demonstrated in the Bible where Jesus says that the spirit of truth shall guide you into all things. wasalams

Assalamu Aleykum,

So please reply in simple terms since I do not like to make assumptions.

Are you telling me that Muhammad was sent as a Messenger and Prophet to the people who were dead before he had been born?

Eesa

Abu Ibraheem
12-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Salams

Brother, thats a valid question and i understand where youre coming from and how you are having difficulty with this. Allow me to explain.

The ruh of everybody here, there and everywhere was created before Adam was sent down to the earth. Muhammad was the first human soul created by Allah. When Allah created the souls he made a covenant with everybody to believe in Him and his Messengers. All i am saying is Muhammad pbuh was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet sent. The only Prophet that is included in the ummah of Muhammad is going to be Jesus / Isa pbuh.

Umar001
12-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Salams

Brother, thats a valid question and i understand where youre coming from and how you are having difficulty with this. Allow me to explain.
Wa Aleykum Salam,

Wallahi Akhi I am not trying to be arguementative, I honestly do not udnerstand and thank you for your patience and may Allah reward you with Jannah. Ameen

The ruh of everybody here, there and everywhere was created before Adam was sent down to the earth. Muhammad was the first human soul created by Allah. When Allah created the souls he made a covenant with everybody to believe in Him and his Messengers. All i am saying is Muhammad pbuh was the first Prophet created and the last Prophet sent. The only Prophet that is included in the ummah of Muhammad is going to be Jesus / Isa pbuh.
But what is the evidence that the First soul created was that of Muhammad, peace be upon him, thats what am stuck at.

Are you talking about when Allah took us out of Adam's loin and made a covenant with us? peace be upon Adam.

Sunni Student
12-01-2006, 07:00 PM
So do you believe that people at the time of Moses had to testify in Muhammad's Prophethood and Messengership?
No I dont!

Well unless there is a reason for us to believe otherwise why shouldnt we accept that?

Has any other Prophet said this?

Grace Seeker
12-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Well unless there is a reason for us to believe otherwise why shouldnt we accept that?

All mankind could mean all those presently living at the time the phrase is spoken, or at whatever time the referred to action takes place.

For instance, if the Prophet had said that all mankind would die in a nuclear holocaust, would mean that all of humanity that previously existed would have to be brought back to life, just so that they could die in the nuclear holocaust. But that at the time of some future nuclear holocaust, all those living at that time would die in it.

It depends very much on context. What was the context in which the "all mankind" phrase you are referring to was used?

Grace Seeker
12-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Salams

You mention something here that is new to me: The ruh of everybody here, there and everywhere was created before Adam was sent down to the earth.

Is it the teaching of Islam that Allah created all souls before the creation of the world itself?

So then, the souls of all who shall one day live in the future have also already been created. Are they actually alive? Where are they now?

Does Allah determine where they will be born?

What of those children who die still in the womb, does Allah give them a soul also? When does the soul become a part of the person?

Do these pre-existing souls know each other before they are sent down to earth?

When Allah created the souls he made a covenant with everybody to believe in Him and his Messengers.
It seems like you are saying that we all begin life as part of some great spiritual Ummah, and that it is only on earth that we go astray from that.

Our minds obviously don't remember this, do our souls have a separate memory of their own?

If our souls have no memory of the covenant, how would Allah expect those who have never heard of his message to keep the covenant?

If our souls do have a memory of the covenant, then those who have never heard with their ears should still be responsible for breaking the covenant made prior to their birth, but I understand that Islam does not hold those who have not heard the message of Islam as accountable as those who have. So, does this imply that Islam does not believe there to be a separate memory of the soul? And if there is no separate memory of the soul, then what is the purpsoe of Allah making a covenant with everybody that they are not going to be able to even remember making?

Should I create a new thread to ask all of these questions in?

Abu Ibraheem
12-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Salams

you could make a new thread, however it is relevant, i will try to answer as much as i know. Souls are created before they get put into the body. As the terminology of scriptures put it God breathes the soul into the human. An angel brings the soul to a devleping baby in the womb, so babys that die, premature of in the womb still get a funeral according to Islam for they still was a living soul. And even scholars argue that abortion is forbidden using the evidences i have only refered to, it would be a interesting study for you to look up, abortion and Islams posistion on that as it will give you most of the clues and evidences to which i speak, if there is anything i have missed please forgive as my time is limited , please re-ask or remind ..peace

Grace Seeker
12-01-2006, 08:34 PM
So then, the souls of all who shall one day live in the future have also already been created. Are they actually alive? Where are they now?

Does Allah determine where they will be born?

Do these pre-existing souls know each other before they are sent down to earth?

Abu Ibraheem
12-01-2006, 09:23 PM
The soul is lives forever once created.

the life of the soul is different to that of the body

the soul has an interlect seperate from the brain

the souls are with Allah without explaining how

Allah knows where they will be born

And do the souls know each other ? Allah knows best. and certainly He does .

Umar001
12-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah Sunni Student :)

No I dont!
That was in reply to

[INDENT]"So do you believe that people at the time of Moses had to testify in Muhammad's Prophethood and Messengership?"[INDENT]

So what do you believe, you previously wrote:

So clarify for me, what is your position, was Muhammad, peace be upon him sent to Mankind, before and after his coming, as your words, "So if he was sent to All Mankind, meaning All Humans and All Jinns then that also means he is the Prophet of All Mankind including the other prophets." indicate, or do I follow your position that people did not have to believe and place him in their testimony of faith?

Also you asked if he's a prophet, peace be upon him, for just the people of his lifetime and us or All mankind. It does not need to be an OR question, he is both, in the context given.

All Mankind could mean different things, so, we go to the Tafsir books to find out what it means, this is why I refered you to the Tafsir.

Just us alone in this thread can understand 'All Mankind' to mean different things:

*Mankind from before and now
*Mankind to come till the end of time, i.e. the remaining

For as you have said, it could be All mankind from before Adam.

Or as Grace Seeker has said it could mean all mankind now as he said:

format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
All mankind could mean all those presently living at the time the phrase is spoken, or at whatever time the referred to action takes place.

For instance, if the Prophet had said that all mankind would die in a nuclear holocaust, would mean that all of humanity that previously existed would have to be brought back to life, just so that they could die in the nuclear holocaust. But that at the time of some future nuclear holocaust, all those living at that time would die in it.

So for this reason I asked you to go to the Tafsir.

If you had done so, and openly accepted the Tafsir, you'd see:

Muhammad bin Ka`b said concerning the Ayah:

﴿وَمَآ أَرْسَلْنَـكَ إِلاَّ كَآفَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ﴾

(And We have not sent you except to all mankind) meaning, to all the people. Qatadah said concerning this Ayah, "Allah, may He be exalted, sent Muhammad to both the Arabs and the non-Arabs, so the most honored of them with Allah is the one who is most obedient to Allah.'' In the Two Sahihs it was reported that Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him said, "The Messenger of Allah said:

«أُعْطِيتُ خَمْسًا لَمْ يُعْطَهُنَّ أَحَدٌ مِنَ الْأَنْبِيَاءِ قَبْلِي: نُصِرْتُ بِالرُّعْبِ مَسِيرَةَ شَهْرٍ، وَجُعِلَتْ لِيَ الْأَرْضُ مَسْجِدًا وَطَهُورًا، فَأَيُّمَا رَجُلٍ مِنْ أُمَّتِي أَدْرَكَتْهُ الصَّلَاةُ فَلْيُصَلِّ، وَأُحِلَّتْ لِيَ الْغَنَائِمُ وَلَمْ تَحِلَّ لِأَحَدٍ قَبْلِي، وَأُعْطِيتُ الشَّفَاعَةَ، وَكَانَ النَّبِيُّ يُبْعَثُ إِلَى قَوْمِهِ خَاصَّةً وَبُعِثْتُ إِلَى النَّاسِ عَامَّة»

(I have been given five things which were not given to any of the Prophets before me. I have been aided by fear (the distance of ) a month's journey. The entire earth has been made a Masjid and a means of purification for me, so that when the time for prayer comes, any man of my Ummah should pray. The spoils of war have been made permissible for me, whereas they were not permitted for any before me. I have been given the power of intercession; and the Prophets before me were sent to their own people, but I have been sent to all of mankind.)'' It was also recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said:

«بُعِثْتُ إِلَى الْأَسْوَدِ وَالْأَحْمَر»

(I have been sent to the black and the red.) Mujahid said, "This means to the Jinn and to mankind.'' Others said that it meant the Arabs and the non-Arabs. Both meanings are correct.

Extract, Tafsir of Surah 34, heading The Prophet was sent to all of Mankind Allah says to His servant and Messenger Muhammad, I encourage everyone to read it.

Allah says to His Prophet and Messenger Muhammad ,

﴿قُلْ﴾

(Say), O Muhammad,

﴿يَـأَيُّهَا النَّاسُ﴾

(O mankind!), this is directed to mankind red and black, and the Arabs and non-Arabs alike,

﴿إِنِّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا﴾

(I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah,) This Ayah mentions the Prophet's honor and greatness, for he is the Final Prophet who was sent to all mankind ﴿and the Jinns﴾. Allah said,

﴿قُلِ اللَّهِ شَهِيدٌ بِيْنِى وَبَيْنَكُمْ وَأُوحِىَ إِلَىَّ هَـذَا الْقُرْءَانُ لاٌّنذِرَكُمْ بِهِ وَمَن بَلَغَ﴾

(Say, "Allah is Witness between you and I; this Qur'an has been revealed to me that I may therewith warn you and whomsoever it may reach.'') ﴿6:19﴾,

﴿وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِهِ مِنَ الاٌّحْزَابِ فَالنَّارُ مَوْعِدُهُ﴾

(but those of the sects that reject it, the Fire will be their promised meeting place)﴿11:17﴾, and,

﴿وَقُلْ لِّلَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْكِتَـبَ وَالاٍّمِّيِّينَ ءَأَسْلَمْتُمْ فَإِنْ أَسْلَمُواْ فَقَدِ اهْتَدَواْ وَّإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلَـغُ﴾

(And say to those who were given the Scripture and to the illiterates (Arab pagans): "Do you (also) submit yourselves (to Allah in Islam)'' If they do, they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message.) ﴿3:20﴾ There are many other Ayat and more Hadiths than can be counted on this subject. It is also well-known in our religion that the Messenger of Allah was sent to all mankind ﴿and the Jinns﴾. Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Ad-Darda' said, "Abu Bakr and `Umar had an argument in which Abu Bakr made `Umar angry. So `Umar went away while angry and Abu Bakr followed him asking him to forgive him, but `Umar refused. `Umar shut his door closed in Abu Bakr's face and Abu Bakr went to the Messenger of Allah while we were with him. The Messenger of Allah said,

«أَمَّا صَاحِبُكُمْ هَذَا فَقَدْ غَامَر»

(This fellow of yours (Abu Bakr) has made someone angry! `Umar became sorry for what he did, went to the Prophet and greeted him with the Salam and sat next to him, telling him what had happened. The Messenger of Allah became angry (at `Umar), and realizing that, Abu Bakr said, `O Allah's Messenger! It was me who was unjust.' The Messenger of Allah said,

«هَلْ أَنْتُمْ تَارِكُو لِي صَاحِبِي؟ إِنِّي قُلْتُ: يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا فَقُلْتُمْ: كَذَبْتَ وَقَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ: صَدَقْت»

(Will you leave my Companion (Abu Bakr) alone! I said, `O People! I am the Messenger of Allah to you all,' and you said, `You lie,' but Abu Bakr declared, `You said the truth.')'' Al-Bukhari recorded it. Imam Ahmad recorded that Ibn `Abbas said that the Messenger of Allah said,

«أُعْطِيتُ خَمْسًا لَمْ يُعْطَهُنَّ نَبِيٌّ قَبْلِي وَلَا أَقُولُهُ فَخْرًا بُعِثْتُ إِلَى النَّاسِ كَافَّةً الْأَحْمَرِ وَالْأَسْوَدِ وَنُصِرْتُ بِالرُّعْبِ مَسِيرَةَ شَهْرٍ وَأُحِلَّتْ لِي الْغَنَائِمُ وَلَمْ تَحِلَّ لِأَحَدٍ قَبْلِي وَجُعِلَتْ لِيَ الْأَرْضُ مَسْجِدًا وَطَهُورًا وَأُعْطِيتُ الشَّفَاعَةَ فَأَخَّرْتُهَا لِأُمَّتِي يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ فَهِيَ لِمَنْ لَا يُشْرِكُ بِاللهِ شَيْئًا»

(I have been given five things which were not given to any Prophet before me, and I do not say it out of pride. I was sent to all mankind (their) black and white alike. Allah made me victorious by fright, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey. The spoils of war are lawful for me, yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform purification with. I have been given the Shafa'ah (right of intercession), and I saved it for my Ummah on the Day of Resurrection. Therefore, the Shafa'ah will reach those who associate none with Allah in worship.) This Hadith's chain of narration is suitable, but the Two Sahihs did not record it.

Extract of Tafsir Surah 7, heading Muhammad's Message is Universal, I encourage everyone to read it.

So it is clear, we can see, All mankind means, not only to his own people, as the previous prophets and messengers, peace be upon him, rather he was special, he was sent to the Arabs and Non Arabs, to All Mankind, in that sense. So we see what 'All Mankind' means. No need for us to go into assuming it means this and also that and maybe the other.

You nearly answered this yourself:

And regarding the Hadith with the 5 things, one of the 5 things states 'I have been sent [as a messenger] to the entire creation'
Although I have yet to see that hadeeth, what the Tafsir says is:

(I have been given five things which were not given to any Prophet before me, and I do not say it out of pride. I was sent to all mankind (their) black and white alike.
(I have been given five things which were not given to any of the Prophets before me. I have been aided by fear (the distance of ) a month's journey. The entire earth has been made a Masjid and a means of purification for me, so that when the time for prayer comes, any man of my Ummah should pray. The spoils of war have been made permissible for me, whereas they were not permitted for any before me. I have been given the power of intercession; and the Prophets before me were sent to their own people, but I have been sent to all of mankind.)''
Maybe brother this is why no other Prophet, nor Messenger, peace be upon them said this, because everyone else was sent to their own people, but the Prophet Muhammad, as he states, was given something not given to others, and one of that gift is that he is not just sent to his own people, the Arabs, but All Mankind, the white and black and brown and red.

Thats what 'All Mankind' is stated as being, nothing there about people before him, peace be upon him.

It depends very much on context. What was the context in which the "all mankind" phrase you are referring to was used?
The context is given, as you have stated there could be different views so it is essential we refer it back to the earlier people of knowledge, and the context is as given above that the other Messengers and Prophets, peace be upon them were sent to their own people, but Muhammad, as part of his special gift thing was sent to All Mankind as opposed to just his own people, the Arab.

It's pretty clear. ;)

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 12:40 AM
o.k i have missed some of you questions Isa , insha'allah i will catch up with them tomorrow

Umar001
12-02-2006, 12:45 AM
o.k i have missed some of you questions Isa , insha'allah i will catch up with them tomorrow
No worries, I dont know what questions you've missed but take your time and take care brother, keep safe and keep Muslim inshaAllah.

Eesa :)

Sunni Student
12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
So what do you believe, you previously wrote:
I believe the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is the Prophet of All Mankind, All Jinns and All Humans, Including All The Prophets, But only when He physicaly came to the world and proclaimed his messengership did people have to testify in him.

It is established also from the following authentic Hadith:

"I was a prophet while Adam was between the spirit and body" narrated by at-Haakim and others [See 'Silisilah as-Saheehah' of al-Albaanee (no. 1756) for detailed documentation.]

That the Prophet was a Prophet before any other Prophet was even created, and before they proclaimed there messengership.

Although I have yet to see that hadeeth
Hadith 523 of Sahih Muslim

Abu Hurayrah [May Allah be pleased with him] narrates that The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] said ‘I have been given superiority over other prophets in these six things’:

- I have been given Jawamiy al-Kalim [ability to speak eloquently and succinctly]

- I have been aided by awe, [Ru'ub]

- Spoils of war [ghanayim] are made lawful to me

- the entire earth has been made clean for me and a place of prayer

- I have been sent [as a messenger] to the entire creation

- Prophethood has been sealed with me [I am the last prophet]

---------------------
So what is there to deny, he was a Prophet before All Prophets, He was sent to the entire creation, having that in mind why should we objecty that he is sent to All Mankind? Past, Present and Future?

Tafsir Ibn Kathir states:

Allah says to His Prophet and Messenger Muhammad, (Say), O Muhammad, (O mankind!), this is directed to mankind red and black, and the Arabs and non-Arabs alike, (I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah,) This Ayah mentions the Prophet's honor and greatness, for he is the Final Prophet who was sent to all mankind ﴿and the Jinn’s

Further on when explaining this Ayah Ibn Kathir says the following,

There are many other Ayat and more Hadiths than can be counted on this subject. It is also well-known in our religion that the Messenger of Allah was sent to all mankind ﴿and the Jinn’s

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

(And We have not sent you except as a giver of glad tidings and a Warner to all mankind,) i.e., to all of creation among those who are accountable for their deeds. This is like the Ayah: (Say: "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.'') (7:158) (Blessed be He Who sent down the Criterion to His servant that he may be a Warner to the all creatures.) (25:1)

You have your opinion and we have ours, and seeing that there is nothing against this Position and it is supported by Quran and Sunnah, at least accept it is a valid opinion of difference!

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I believe the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is the Prophet of All Mankind, All Jinns and All Humans, Including All The Prophets, But only when He physicaly came to the world and proclaimed his messengership did people have to testify in him.

"I was a prophet while Adam was between the spirit and body" narrated by at-Haakim and others [See 'Silisilah as-Saheehah' of al-Albaanee (no. 1756) for detailed documentation.]

That the Prophet was a Prophet before any other Prophet was even created, and before they proclaimed there messengership.

Abu Hurayrah [May Allah be pleased with him] narrates that The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] said ‘I have been given superiority over other prophets in these six things’:

- I have been given Jawamiy al-Kalim [ability to speak eloquently and succinctly]

---------------------
So what is there to deny, he was a Prophet before All Prophets, He was sent to the entire creation, having that in mind why should we objecty that he is sent to All Mankind? Past, Present and Future?

Allah says to His Prophet and Messenger Muhammad, (Say), O Muhammad, (O mankind!), this is directed to mankind red and black, and the Arabs and non-Arabs alike, (I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah,) This Ayah mentions the Prophet's honor and greatness, for he is the Final Prophet who was sent to all mankind ﴿and the Jinn’s

There are many other Ayat and more Hadiths than can be counted on this subject. It is also well-known in our religion that the Messenger of Allah was sent to all mankind ﴿and the Jinn’s

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

(And We have not sent you except as a giver of glad tidings and a Warner to all mankind,) i.e., to all of creation among those who are accountable for their deeds. This is like the Ayah: (Say: "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.'') (7:158) (Blessed be He Who sent down the Criterion to His servant that he may be a Warner to the all creatures.) (25:1)

You have your opinion and we have ours, and seeing that there is nothing against this Position and it is supported by Quran and Sunnah, at least accept it is a valid opinion of difference!
Why you making this long. Why don't you Just say that Allah(s.w.t) has decided on Prophet Muhammad to be the last of the prophets.

You are trying to make it as prophet muhhamad was sent for Adam, Ibrahim, e.t.c and All the people in the past.
How could he be sent to them when they are gone.

If Pophet Muhhamad did come upon the people of the past in their time it was incumbent on them to accept him.
Like it was Incumbent on them to other prophets on their time.

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Salams Sunni Student

I agree entirly with you on this issue of Muhammad saaws being a prophet sent to the whole of mankind, however i dont like it that you quote from the Kanzul-Iman of Rida Khan Brelvi as he is a deviant and has caused much of this sectarian debate we see nowadays. Alot of the "Brelviyah" are not aware of the true teahings of Rida Khan Brelvi, how he bought a doctrine that was unheard of, he was argumentative and vicious when he spoke, he accused a whole continent of Muslims to be deviants based on his own personal hatred, moreover he taught that saints are divine and share god hood with Allah. I have documented evidence to proove this and if you are from the U.K i will be more than happy to make prints and send you through the post. He caused alot of trouble and forced his bidah hasanahs upon people like they was faraaid! he even told his followers to follow his doctrine only, which suggests he laid claim either to some special type of waliyat or even prophet hood. More than that he stole and plagurized alot of his aqeedah from the Ahmedians. wasalams

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Salams Sunni Student

I agree entirly with you on this issue of Muhammad saaws being a prophet sent to the whole of mankind, however i dont like it that you quote from the Kanzul-Iman of Rida Khan Brelvi as he is a deviant and has caused much of this sectarian debate we see nowadays. Alot of the "Brelviyah" are not aware of the true teahings of Rida Khan Brelvi, how he bought a doctrine that was unheard of, he was argumentative and vicious when he spoke, he accused a whole continent of Muslims to be deviants based on his own personal hatred, moreover he taught that saints are divine and share god hood with Allah. I have documented evidence to proove this and if you are from the U.K i will be more than happy to make prints and send you through the post. He caused alot of trouble and forced his bidah hasanahs upon people like they was faraaid! he even told his followers to follow his doctrine only, which suggests he laid claim either to some special type of waliyat or even prophet hood. More than that he stole and plagurized alot of his aqeedah from the Ahmedians. wasalams
Actually I will like to know what exactly do you agree, with prophet Muhammad(saaw) was sent for All-Mankind, I do agree with the statement but please Clarify & elaborate on what you mean?. Than state the Logic's behind your assertion. Bear in mind it has to make sense.

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Salam.

Allah created the Prophet saaws to deliver His ultimate final message, people were not ready for the final Prophet in before nations, thats why Allah sent other prophets, they were all to help the Prophet deliver the last and final message. Keep in mind that the Qur'aan was written on the preserved tablet way before any messnger stepped on this earth here as Allah knew everything that was going to happen, nothing is new to the knowledge of Allah. Even though past nations did not know about Muhammad saaws like we do, we still have to stop right here and ask ourselves, "so why was Muhammad saaws mentioned to the Jews???????? Why was he even mentioned in previous scriptures?????? even the hadith gives us clear indication that on yawm ul qiyaamah, we wont be able to go to Abraham, Jesus, Moses etc to plea for our forgiveness, they will all point to Muhammad saaws, everybody from every nation, past present future will have to go to Muhammad saaws so that he may plea before Allah fo his ummah and even the rest of the ummahs before. We can not say the past nations did not know about Muhammad saaws otherwise we would be contradicting the Qur'aan and numerous ahaadith on this subject. The Kalimah has always been suffixed with Muhammad ur Rasoolullah but reserved for us. Every prophet begged to be under the banner of the kalimah , meaning to be part of this ummah but only Isa was accepted. wasalams

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Salam.

Allah created the Prophet saaws to deliver His ultimate final message, people were not ready for the final Prophet in before nations, thats why Allah sent other prophets, they were all to help the Prophet deliver the last and final message. Keep in mind that the Qur'aan was written on the preserved tablet way before any messnger stepped on this earth here as Allah knew everything that was going to happen, nothing is new to the knowledge of Allah. Even though past nations did not know about Muhammad saaws like we do, we still have to stop right here and ask ourselves, "so why was Muhammad saaws mentioned to the Jews???????? Why was he even mentioned in previous scriptures?????? even the hadith gives us clear indication that on yawm ul qiyaamah, we wont be able to go to Abraham, Jesus, Moses etc to plea for our forgiveness, they will all point to Muhammad saaws, everybody from every nation, past present future will have to go to Muhammad saaws so that he may plea before Allah fo his ummah and even the rest of the ummahs before. We can not say the past nations did not know about Muhammad saaws otherwise we would be contradicting the Qur'aan and numerous ahaadith on this subject. The Kalimah has always been suffixed with Muhammad ur Rasoolullah but reserved for us. Every prophet begged to be under the banner of the kalimah , meaning to be part of this ummah but only Isa was accepted. wasalams

1. Prophet Muhammad was the last messenger to come, that is why he was mentioned in mainly the revelation to the Jews and the one revealed to Isa. It will be incubent for the Jews and everyone when he comes to accept him. Allah(swt) is giving the Glad tiding. A warning aswell.

2. Yes, the message was a continuation of the message until the final revelation, revealed to Prophet Muhammad.

3. Yes the Quran was written in the preserved tablet, but that does not mean prophet muhammad was sent to past, present and future. However it does not make it he came for the past, present & future.
How could he be sent to the people, when he was not sent to the people in their time. It's illogical.

4. I do not know about the Prophet Muhammad interceding for the whole mankind in the past, present and the future can you post the full hadith?

Although I hardly think it will make little difference.

- Qatada -
12-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Relevance of This Verse to the Subject of Tawheed - Kitaab ul Tawhid

Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhaab

That the verse confirms that intercession is the dominion of Allah (subhana wa ta'aala ), to which none other than He is entitled. Therefore, seeking it from other than Allah (swt ) is an act of major Shirk, including those idols which people worship, claiming that they are doing so in order to obtain intercession.

Important Note

Allah's Words: " to Allah belongs all intercession" Prove that intercession is of many different kinds and the scholars have mentioned eight of them:

1. Major Intercession: It is that which will fall upon the shoulders of the Prophet Muhammad (saas ) after all the other Prophets and Messengers have refused to accept it on the Day of Resurrection: The people will ask all of the previous Prophets and Messengers to intercede with Allah (swt ) on their behalf but they will refuse, saying: "Myself! Myself!" Then they will come to the Messenger of Allah (saas ), and he will accept, and go to his Rabb and prostrate before Him for as long as He wills, then he will be given permission to raise his head and intercede on behalf of the believing people, and none other than he (swt ) shall be given this right and privilege.

2. Intercession for the People of Paradise: This has been confirmed by the long Hadith of Abu Hurairah (radhiAllaahu anhu ) which has been narrated by Bukhari and Muslim and which mentions that the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam ) will intercede with Allah (swt ) on behalf of the People of Paradise that they may be allowed to enter therein.

3. Intercession for the Disobedient Muslims: He (saas ) will intercede with his Lord on behalf of those Muslims who may have committed sins of disobedience to their Rabb, Almighty, that they may not be placed in the Fire.

4. Intercession for the Disobedient People of Tawheed: He (saas ) will intercede with Allah (swt ) on behalf of those Muslims who have entered the Hell-fire because of their sins, that they may be removed from it. The authentic narration concerning this has been widely reported and all of the Companions and Ahl As-Sunnah are agreed upon it.

5. Intercession for Increasing the Reward of the People of Paradise: The Messenger of Allah (saas ) will intercede on behalf of a people from amongst the People of Paradise, that they may have their reward increased and their status elevated; and there is none who disputes this.

6. Intercession of the Prophet (saas ) for his Uncle: He (saas ) will intercede on behalf of his uncle Abu Talib, that his punishment in the Hell-fire may be lightened.

7. Intercession of the Children: Those children who died while still below the age of reason will intercede on behalf of their believing parents.

8. Intercession of Some of the Believers for Others: It is authentically confirmed that some of the Believers will intercede on behalf of their believing brothers.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...1-chap-15.html

Umar001
12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Bismillah...May peace and blessings be upon Muhammad, and the Prophets and Messengers before him.

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah,
For the third or so time, insha'Allah one day I will get a reply from you, since I am under the impression that you are Muslim.

"I was a prophet while Adam was between the spirit and body" narrated by at-Haakim and others [See 'Silisilah as-Saheehah' of al-Albaanee (no. 1756) for detailed documentation.

I honestly do not know if you are truly seeking knowledge, if you are truly a student of knowledge or not, since it seems to me, when a matter in a Tafsir or Hadeeth is speaking in favour of your opinion you seem to quote it, even if the same Tafsir book speaks on the matter and explains it. In this case you have quoted a hadeeth, but do you know the meaning of it? It would be nice, please, before I refute your understanding of the hadeeth, if you show us where you found it, so at least we can see if you left any bits of that article or source out.

Again, what does entire creation mean here? The entire including all those before him or the entire meaning not just his own tribe people as was the case with the previous Messengers and Prophets, and we see that the second meaning is backed up with authentic sources whilst the former meaning is nowhere to be seen or heard.

Muhammad bin Ka`b said concerning the Ayah:

﴿وَمَآ أَرْسَلْنَـكَ إِلاَّ كَآفَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ﴾

(And We have not sent you except to all mankind) meaning, to all the people. Qatadah said concerning this Ayah, "Allah, may He be exalted, sent Muhammad to both the Arabs and the non-Arabs, so the most honored of them with Allah is the one who is most obedient to Allah.'' In the Two Sahihs it was reported that Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him said, "The Messenger of Allah said:

«أُعْطِيتُ خَمْسًا لَمْ يُعْطَهُنَّ أَحَدٌ مِنَ الْأَنْبِيَاءِ قَبْلِي: نُصِرْتُ بِالرُّعْبِ مَسِيرَةَ شَهْرٍ، وَجُعِلَتْ لِيَ الْأَرْضُ مَسْجِدًا وَطَهُورًا، فَأَيُّمَا رَجُلٍ مِنْ أُمَّتِي أَدْرَكَتْهُ الصَّلَاةُ فَلْيُصَلِّ، وَأُحِلَّتْ لِيَ الْغَنَائِمُ وَلَمْ تَحِلَّ لِأَحَدٍ قَبْلِي، وَأُعْطِيتُ الشَّفَاعَةَ، وَكَانَ النَّبِيُّ يُبْعَثُ إِلَى قَوْمِهِ خَاصَّةً وَبُعِثْتُ إِلَى النَّاسِ عَامَّة»

(I have been given five things which were not given to any of the Prophets before me. I have been aided by fear (the distance of ) a month's journey. The entire earth has been made a Masjid and a means of purification for me, so that when the time for prayer comes, any man of my Ummah should pray. The spoils of war have been made permissible for me, whereas they were not permitted for any before me. I have been given the power of intercession; and the Prophets before me were sent to their own people, but I have been sent to all of mankind.)'' It was also recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said:

«بُعِثْتُ إِلَى الْأَسْوَدِ وَالْأَحْمَر»

(I have been sent to the black and the red.) Mujahid said, "This means to the Jinn and to mankind.'' Others said that it meant the Arabs and the non-Arabs. Both meanings are correct.

Extract, Tafsir of Surah 34, heading The Prophet was sent to all of Mankind Allah says to His servant and Messenger Muhammad, I encourage everyone to read it.
That is my proof right there for why I hold my position, from Tafsir to clearly show All Mankind is refering to All people, which was different to the Prophets and Messengers before since they only went to their people.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Again, this shows us that the Prophet was sent to All Mankind, what does this mean? It means that unlike the other Messengers and Prophets who were sent only to their tribes, as shown to us in authentic sources, Muhammad had from his special gifts, the fact that he was sent to All People, All Mankind, the white and black the Chinese and Jamaican. This is what we find in authentic sources, we have yet to see any source which states Muhammad was sent to every person from Adam till the end of time, and that that is what was meant 'All Mankind'

Who is 'we'? also, there is no proof for your opinion, you claimed 'All Mankind' proves it, no it doesn't All Mankind means the White and the Black, Arab and Non Arab, that is the difference between Muhammad and those before him. No authentic source proves that Muhammad was sent to people before his physical birth.

I sincerly ask all Muslims to not try to squeeze their beliefs into the Quran and Sunnah but derive their beliefs from it. InshaAllah.

So Brother Sunni Student, Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah, I hope to see the article and so forth from which you brought the hadeeth from, and after that I will share my view on it.

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulahi Wa Berekatu Brother Ibraheem,

Even though past nations did not know about Muhammad saaws like we do, we still have to stop right here and ask ourselves, "so why was Muhammad saaws mentioned to the Jews???????? Why was he even mentioned in previous scriptures??????

So that they could recognise him, Eesa told his people glad tidings of Ahmad, we are told that the unlettered prophet was mentioned in the Gospel, the jews I think new the discription of Muhammad, why? Because so that when he come they could follow him since if a messenger comes you follow the messenger. That's all.

Please provide us evidence that supports that the Prophet, peace be upon him, was sent to people at the time of Aadam, or Ibrahim.

Your brother, who loves for the sake of Allah, Abu Ikhlas.

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
1. Prophet Muhammad was the last messenger to come, that is why he was mentioned in mainly the revelation to the Jews and the one revealed to Isa. It will be incubent for the Jews and everyone when he comes to accept him. Allah(swt) is giving the Glad tiding. A warning aswell.

2. Yes, the message was a continuation of the message until the final revelation, revealed to Prophet Muhammad.

3. Yes the Quran was written in the preserved tablet, but that does not mean prophet muhammad was sent to past, present and future. However it does not make it he came for the past, present & future.
How could he be sent to the people, when he was not sent to the people in their time. It's illogical.

4. I do not know about the Prophet Muhammad interceding for the whole mankind in the past, present and the future can you post the full hadith?

Although I hardly think it will make little difference.
Salams

1. agreed

2. agreed

3. He was sent to the last of mankind, but his mission was for the entire, the message of the prophets was the same. The previous prophets were a build up to Muhammad.secondly thank you kindly for misrepersenting my argument. i said "everybody from every nation, past present future will have to go to Muhammad saaws so that he may plea before Allah fo his ummah"

4. this hadith can be found in Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 507:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Allah will gather the believers on the Day of Resurrection in the same way (as they are gathered in this life), and they will say, 'Let us ask someone to intercede for us with our Lord that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Then they will go to Adam and say, 'O Adam! Don't you see the people (people's condition)? Allah created you with His Own Hands and ordered His angels to prostrate before you, and taught you the names of all the things. Please intercede for us with our Lord so that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Adam will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking' and mention to them the mistakes he had committed, and add, "But you d better go to Noah as he was the first Apostle sent by Allah to the people of the Earth.' They will go to Noah who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention the mistake which he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Abraham, Khalil Ar-Rahman.'

They will go to Abraham who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and to whom He spoke directly' They will go to Moses who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'You'd better go to Jesus, Allah's slave and His Apostle and His Word (Be: And it was) and a soul created by Him.' They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking, but you'd better go to Muhammad whose sins of the past and the future had been forgiven (by Allah).' So they will come to me and I will ask the permission of my Lord, and I will be permitted (to present myself) before Him. When I see my Lord, I will fall down in (prostration) before Him and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then it will be said to me, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then raise my head and praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit whom I will admit into Paradise.

I will come back again, and when I see my Lord (again), I will fall down in prostration before Him, and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then He will say, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit to whom I will admit into Paradise, I will return again, and when I see my Lord, I will fall down (in prostration) and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then He will say, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit to whom I will admit into Paradise. I will come back and say, 'O my Lord! None remains in Hell (Fire) but those whom Qur'an has imprisoned therein and for whom eternity in Hell (Fire) has become inevitable.' "

The Prophet added, "There will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: 'La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of a barley grain. Then there will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: ' La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of a wheat grain. Then there will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: 'La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant)."

The post by Fisabilillah quoting from Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahaabs text also confirms this:

1. Major Intercession: It is that which will fall upon the shoulders of the Prophet Muhammad (saas ) after all the other Prophets and Messengers have refused to accept it on the Day of Resurrection: The people will ask all of the previous Prophets and Messengers to intercede with Allah (swt ) on their behalf but they will refuse, saying: "Myself! Myself!" Then they will come to the Messenger of Allah (saas ), and he will accept, and go to his Rabb and prostrate before Him for as long as He wills, then he will be given permission to raise his head and intercede on behalf of the believing people, and none other than he (swt ) shall be given this right and privilege.

wasalams

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 10:22 PM
OK, you mentioned here the hadith about our prophet interceding in the heare-after. I even heard that.

All you can say in the heareafter Prophet Muhammad(saaw) will intercede (for a certain kind of people).
However it does not support that prophet Muhammad "SENT" for the people in the past, present & Future.

He was sent to mankind starting from when he was sent. From the point Allah (swt) he was commanded to give the message.

So please refrain from using he was sent to the people past, present future as it's illogical.
Because in simple he was not sent in the past, he was not sent in the present (accept for his present) and he was not sent in the future.

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Brother he was sent as a mercy to the entire of creation. In that sense i am saying he was sent. He was sent for the entire creation. I am not saying that the Qur'aan was revealed for the people before. My question to you is that will every Muslim accept him as the messenger of Allah on yawn ul qiyaamah or will they scream "no only Moses, only Jesus" etc? The kalimah of la ilaaha illa Allah Muhammad ur Rasoolullah has always stood. I challenge you to sift through the Bible and find There is no God , or One God and Moses, Jesus is his messenger. Not to say they was not His messengers. There is only one Messenger that has had his name written in the same sentence as Allah's for testification of faith. I think we ought to respect that fact and not bicker over the issue. If you want to nitpick, find a monkey!

Umar001
12-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Brother he was sent as a mercy to the entire of creation. In that sense i am saying he was sent. He was sent for the entire creation. I am not saying that the Qur'aan was revealed for the people before. My question to you is that will every Muslim accept him as the messenger of Allah on yawn ul qiyaamah or will they scream "no only Moses, only Jesus" etc? The kalimah of la ilaaha illa Allah Muhammad ur Rasoolullah has always stood. I challenge you to sift through the Bible and find There is no God , or One God and Moses, Jesus is his messenger. Not to say they was not His messengers. There is only one Messenger that has had his name written in the same sentence as Allah's for testification of faith. I think we ought to respect that fact and not bicker over the issue. If you want to nitpick, find a monkey!
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah,

brother believing in a propher and messenger does not mean that he was sent for you. Just because people of Old will believe in Muhammad as well as their Messenger, it does not mean Muhammad was sent to them. Rather it is an obligation, what Allah says we believe, if people of old were told to believe in an upcoming prophet, because he was from Allah then they would believe not because he was going to be sent to them but also because if they reject him they reject Allah, same as those who reject one angel.

Also, the Bible has been changed, it is no challenge to ask for us to look into the bible for kalimahs.

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Brother he was sent as a mercy to the entire of creation.
You must have tripped and fell right into the middle of the paragraph, totally missing my point.

Secondly the Bible hasnt been changed! In actual fact the Bible is merely a substitute for the real revelation from Allah which is still perfectly preserved but hidden.

Skillganon
12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Brother, I am not here to argue with you. I am here to understand where one derive the opinion one has stated, and if it does stand up to it. For me 1) it does not exactly make sense, 2) does not seemed to be supported. or 3) One has not been sufficient in explaining one's assertion.

It is a bad analogy to use the bible. The Bible is not mentioned in the Quran, nor it has anything to do with the point of the topic.

Abu Ibraheem
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
For those who have the srength to understand,sift through my posts. Wasalams

Umar001
12-03-2006, 01:02 PM
You must have tripped and fell right into the middle of the paragraph, totally missing my point.

Secondly the Bible hasnt been changed! In actual fact the Bible is merely a substitute for the real revelation from Allah which is still perfectly preserved but hidden.

Assalamu Aleykum Brother,

I read your paragraph and I highlighted the part I wanted to ask about, I understand Muhammad is a mercy for the creation, this is something something which is hidden, every Muslim knows that.

With regards to the Bible, you claim it has not change, but it is a substitute for the real revelation, again, the Bible is known to have changed, paragraphs taken in and out and not in manuscripts and so forth.

Secondly, you claim the real revelation of Allah is still perfect, so where did you get this information from? Please akhi tell me the sources, because you said 'but hidden' so indicating that it is in the unseen so it must be from a source that you got this from.

I just ask that for our opinions on things we should have some sort of reason and source to back it up. Please show me those sources.

Abu Ibraheem
12-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I have showed you the sources before but you questioned their authencicity even though it was Imaam suyuti that presented the hadith. I will however quote these hadith again. As for the Bible changing, maybe in translation, a hell of a lot, i undertsand theres much dispute about the codexes and also books, verses thrown out, and thrown in. However, it is true that the same Bible we see today was the same Bible in Muhammads saaws time. I never say the Bible was corrupted as from the very beginning we are dealing with a thrown together, man made scripture which was thrown together in a desperate attempt to revive what the Jews had lost therefore i find it useless arguing the irrelevant, blah blah, the Bible has been corrupted (when it was corrupt in the first place) type argument, i always to try shift peoples attention to what was put inside the ark of the covenant. here are the ahadith:

The Mehdi will remove the Ark of the Covenant from Lake Tiberias. (Iqd al-Durar fi Akbar al-Imam al-Muntadhar, by Shaikh Jamaluddin Yusuf al-Damishqi, p. 51-a)

The reason he will be known as the Mahdi is that he will show the way to a hidden thing. He will bring the Ark to light from a place called Antioch. (Suyuti, al-Hawi li'l Fatawa, II, 82)

The reason he will be known as the Mahdi is that he will go to one of the mountains in Sham. From there he will unearth the (true) books of the Torah and bring forth evidence against the Jews. (Suyuti, al-Hawi li'l Fatawa, II, 81)

And also we have to question the Biblical ayahs in connection with this:

Deuteronomy 31: 24-29

[24] And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, [25] That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, [26] Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your G-d, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

We have to ask here what book? the Bible? Did Moses command the Levites to put the Bible in the ark with these verse already present within that text? or are we looking at a substitute for that book placed in the ark!

I will leave for the people to draw their own conclusions.

Abdul Fattah
12-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah this stuff happens, last summer I went to istanbull, there they even made dua to a sahabi.

Hijrah
12-03-2006, 02:30 PM
which one?!

Muhaammad Mahdi
12-03-2006, 02:54 PM

They believe he (pbuh) is not human but a special being
The prophet (saww) is human just like us but he is infallible. (was)

and that he is alive in his (pbuh) grave and that he can hear and see every one of us, and that he listens to and accept our duas when we say 'ya muhammad'-ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH.

The prophet (saww) is not god, but he cann grant our duas when we ask him, because, due to his good deeds, Allah has given him the ability to do so.

The Quran says,
In Sura Al-Baqarah 2:154
“And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah’s way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not perceive”

Even in Sura Ale-Imran 3:169 conveys the similar message as follows,
“And reckon not those who are killed in Allah’s way as dead; nay, they are alive ……......”

hence one can conclude that the prophet is not dead.

hope that clears the misconception.

Umar001
12-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulahi Wa Berekatu,

I have showed you the sources before but you questioned their authencicity even though it was Imaam suyuti that presented the hadith. I will however quote these hadith again. As for the Bible changing, maybe in translation, a hell of a lot, i undertsand theres much dispute about the codexes and also books, verses thrown out, and thrown in. However, it is true that the same Bible we see today was the same Bible in Muhammads saaws time. I never say the Bible was corrupted as from the very beginning we are dealing with a thrown together, man made scripture which was thrown together in a desperate attempt to revive what the Jews had lost therefore i find it useless arguing the irrelevant, blah blah, the Bible has been corrupted (when it was corrupt in the first place) type argument, i always to try shift peoples attention to what was put inside the ark of the covenant. here are the ahadith:

The Mehdi will remove the Ark of the Covenant from Lake Tiberias. (Iqd al-Durar fi Akbar al-Imam al-Muntadhar, by Shaikh Jamaluddin Yusuf al-Damishqi, p. 51-a)

The reason he will be known as the Mahdi is that he will show the way to a hidden thing. He will bring the Ark to light from a place called Antioch. (Suyuti, al-Hawi li'l Fatawa, II, 82)

The reason he will be known as the Mahdi is that he will go to one of the mountains in Sham. From there he will unearth the (true) books of the Torah and bring forth evidence against the Jews. (Suyuti, al-Hawi li'l Fatawa, II, 81)

And also we have to question the Biblical ayahs in connection with this:

Deuteronomy 31: 24-29

[24] And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, [25] That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, [26] Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your G-d, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

We have to ask here what book? the Bible? Did Moses command the Levites to put the Bible in the ark with these verse already present within that text? or are we looking at a substitute for that book placed in the ark!

I will leave for the people to draw their own conclusions.
Thank you, I think maybe a different thread might be needed for this but thanks for the sources, also I was refering to the sources for holding the opinions which are at the heart of this thread.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaammad Mahdi
The prophet (saww) is human just like us but he is infallible. (was)

and that he is alive in his (pbuh) grave and that he can hear and see every one of us, and that he listens to and accept our duas when we say 'ya muhammad'-ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH.

The prophet (saww) is not god, but he cann grant our duas when we ask him, because, due to his good deeds, Allah has given him the ability to do so.

The Quran says,
In Sura Al-Baqarah 2:154
“And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah’s way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not perceive”

Even in Sura Ale-Imran 3:169 conveys the similar message as follows,
“And reckon not those who are killed in Allah’s way as dead; nay, they are alive ……......”

hence one can conclude that the prophet is not dead.

hope that clears the misconception.
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah Brother Muhaammad Mahdi,
Welcome to the forum and hope you find it to be a nice place :) InshaAllah,

To proceed, what type of life are 'they' in, when it says 'they are not dead' what does it mean?

Muhaammad Mahdi
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

They are alive but we do not percieve them. Thats what the holy Quran tells us.

If one views death from the Islamic point of view, it is not the end of life rather the continuation of eternal life in hell or heaven (after the barzakh).

The soul never dies. Hence the argument that the prophet is dead is not a spiritual one rather a material one.

I believ after his "death" the prophet was not physically with us but spiritually with us, granting us our legitmate desires, through the power given to him by Allah.

Grace Seeker
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I sincerly ask all Muslims to not try to squeeze their beliefs into the Quran and Sunnah but derive their beliefs from it. InshaAllah.

Eesa, I really appreciate your sincerety in seeking for the truth. I doing so, you seem to desire to find it in what you actually read read in your scriptures rather than determining what you want them to say, and then reading your version of the truth into them. I wish more Christians would approach the Bible as you approach the Quran.

Grace Seeker
12-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I believ after his "death" the prophet was not physically with us but spiritually with us, granting us our legitmate desires, through the power given to him by Allah.
Now you have me confused again.

I thought that Muslims do not pray to a man, but to God. How then can Muhammad (pbuh) grant us anything, only God can do that? And if one can pray to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh), why would anyone have a problem with praying to Jesus (pbuh) who is also recognized as a prophet by Islam and had (again according to Islam) exactly the same message to share. For what I have been taught is that all the prophets had the same message, just were sent to different groups of people.

Umar001
12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Again Brother Muhaamad,

I really hope that you feel like home inshaAllah also do not feel that I do not like your or that I am angry in my writing, I do come across as harsh sometimes but it is not my intention and those who know me in real life know I would not hurt a fly, unless in war :p

Thanks for the warm welcome.

They are alive but we do not percieve them. Thats what the holy Quran tells us.

If one views death from the Islamic point of view, it is not the end of life rather the continuation of eternal life in hell or heaven (after the barzakh).

The soul never dies. Hence the argument that the prophet is dead is not a spiritual one rather a material one.

When I asked you they are not dead what does it mean, I was hoping that you would go and discover the meaning of the verse, reading Tafsir or something, because as Muslims we should realise that we cannot give meaning of verses on our own, but rather turn to what the Prophet or Companions said, inshaAllah, may Allah be pleased with them and peace be upon the Prophet.

So I ask you, what kind of life do they have? Is it life like our life? Are they with us on earth? Among us? What is this life that we cannot percieve.
I entrust that in seeking for the truth you will turn to authentic sources.

Your brother Eesa :)

Eesa, I really appreciate your sincerety in seeking for the truth. I doing so, you seem to desire to find it in what you actually read read in your scriptures rather than determining what you want them to say, and then reading your version of the truth into them. I wish more Christians would approach the Bible as you approach the Quran.
Hi Grace Seeker,

I don't want to change my whole life and embrace Islaam only to force upon it my views and thoughts, that would not be embracing Islaam, that would desecrating the name of Islaam and using it as a justification for following my own desires, thats definetly something I don't want to do, and any good I do then thats Allah's Mercy on me.

Now you have me confused again.

I thought that Muslims do not pray to a man, but to God. How then can Muhammad (pbuh) grant us anything, only God can do that? And if one can pray to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh), why would anyone have a problem with praying to Jesus (pbuh) who is also recognized as a prophet by Islam and had (again according to Islam) exactly the same message to share. For what I have been taught is that all the prophets had the same message, just were sent to different groups of people.
Maybe I can try and help, heres some stuff you seem to have missunderstood:

• Muslims cannot pray to Muhammad, Muhammad peace be upon him, is only like us, the difference is that he is close to Allah, so some Muslims have the opinion that because of him being closer, his prayers are more likely to be responded and accepted. So they ask Muhammad to pray to Allah. This is something that alot dislike because it leads to asking Muhammad for things as many people do, and it leads to asking 'saints' for things which is disliked.

• Jesus, peace be upon him, might have not had exactly the same message, not all the Prophets and messengers had, they had the same basic message, i.e. the fundamentals were the same, this is established in Allah saying that no Prophet was sent except that they were inspired 'Worship Me' or something to that effect, but as for laws and regulations this might have differed as we see that Sulaiman was allowed to build statues something which is not allowed for Muhammad, peace be upon them both.

So everyone agrees noone can grant anyone anything except Allah, God, but they only ask Muhammad to ask Allah since Muhammad's prayer is more likely to be accepted, they hold. Although I personally agree to a certain extend, Idont think Muhammad can hear our calling out to him and that is a pivatol point of that subject. Also in the Qu'ran Allah tells us time and time again to call to him, so it seems pretty silly for Muslims not to do that but to be so shy as to always call through Muhammad, this is why I personally dislike that if it makes sense, there was a whole thread on this.

Abu Ibraheem
12-03-2006, 11:46 PM
i would say not even in war but accidently

Skillganon
12-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Salams

3. He was sent to the last of mankind, but his mission was for the entire, the message of the prophets was the same. The previous prophets were a build up to Muhammad.secondly thank you kindly for misrepersenting my argument. i said "everybody from every nation, past present future will have to go to Muhammad saaws so that he may plea before Allah fo his ummah"

Assalamu alaikum brother.

I apologies for that, I did it without realising when you used the term past, present & future, as when you used in the case of the hadith above.

I will refrain from further discussion as I am not entirely clear what we are arguing about in the first place.

If you just simply say"Prophet Muhammad was sent for mankind, past, present & future. Than most people naturally will be confused, because he was sent starting from a certain time period, and hence until the day of Judgement it is incumbent for people to accept the Guidance.

I do not see the above hadith on the day of Judgment supporting that. It's a bad analogy to use.

Abu Ibraheem
12-04-2006, 12:35 AM
No worries bro ..lol you have to excuse my sarcasm at times, wasalams

Umar001
12-04-2006, 01:03 AM
i would say not even in war but accidently

And I love you too Brother! :p

Ironbeard
12-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Assalamualaikum

Some people say that Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) is omnipresent (Haazer and Naazer), and they argue that in the Qur’an, Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala says ;

“O Prophet! Truly We have sent thee as a Witness a Bearer of Glad Tidings and a Warner" (Surah 33, Al-ahzab Ayah 45)
"How then if We brought from each people a witness and We brought thee as a witness against these people!." (Surah 4, An-Nisaa Ayah 41)

They say that to be a witness, the Prophet (SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) has to be present and seeing the event. But in other Ayahs of the Qur’an, Allah Subhanahu wa ta ‘ala says:

"This is of the tidings of things hidden. We reveal it unto thee (Mohammad). Thou wast not present with them when they threw their pens (to know) which of them should be the guardian of Mary, nor wast thou present with them when they quarrelled (thereupon)." (Surah 3, Al-‘Imraan, Ayah 44)
"Thou wast not on the Western Side when We decreed the commission to Moses nor wast thou a witness (of those events). " (Surah 28, Al-Qasas Ayah 46)

We see from these two Ayahs that the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) was not present at certain events, and was not present nor was he witnessing these important moments in history.

We have now established that he is not present and seeing everywhere, and for that matter, nor is any other creation of Allah.
We as Muslims, pray Salah, and in that Salah, we say “I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammed is the messenger of Allah. Now any person with reasonable intelligence will realize that we bear witness, but do we see Allah Subhanahu wa ta ‘ala and do we see the Prophet of Allah (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) ? Then how can we be witnesses? We are witnesses because The Prophet and Final Messenger (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) has told us the truth…. In the same way, the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) does not need to be present or seeing to be a witness, because he will be a witness to what Allah Subhanahu wa ta ‘ala tells him.

We send Salat -as -Salaam on Muhammed Mustafa (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) many times a day. It is a tremendously virtuous deed, as stated in the Qur’an (33:56) and many hadith. How do we send blessings on him? Well many hadith will point out that the best way, is to recite Durood Ibrahim.

“Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! send ye blessings on him and salute him with all respect. ” Surah 33, Al-Ahzab Ayah 56
The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! How shall we (ask Allah to) send blessings on you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Say: O Allah! Send Your Mercy on Muhammad and on his wives and on his offspring, as You sent Your Mercy on Abraham's family; and send Your Blessings on Muhammad and on his offspring, as You sent Your Blessings on Abraham's family, for You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious." Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.588 Narrated by Abu Humaid As Saidi (R.A.)

Note, the key word being “Send”. We ask Allah to Send His blessings, and they are Conveyed by Angels to him, as the following hadiths prove;

Abu Hurairah (Radiallahu anhu) reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Do not turn my grave into a site of festivities, but send greetings to me for your greetings are raised to me wherever you might be." (Reported by Abu Daw'ud with a sound chain of authorities)
Aus (Radiallahu anhu) reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "The best of your days is Friday, so send more and more greetings to me on it, for your greetings are presented to me." They asked, "How are our greetings presented to you while you are dead and your body is turned into dust?" He replied, "Allah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the prophets." (Abu Daw'ud and Nasa'i)
Abu Hurairah (Radiallahu anhu) reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "When any Muslim sends greetings to me, Allah returns my soul to me so that I may respond to his greetings." (Reported by Abu Daw'ud with a sound chain of authorities)
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: There is a mobile (squads) of Angels on Earth convey to me the blessings invoked upon me by my Ummah. Transmitted by Nasa'i and Darimi. Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 924 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (R.A.)

Now we can see that blessings and greetings are carried/conveyed to him and presented to him, he is not present and seeing, as some people wrongly believe. And, from the penultimate hadith mentioned, it is clear that his soul is returned to his body, so he can return the greetings, but if he was omnipresent, then his soul would not need to return to his body, because it would already be there…. and also everywhere else! And there is not a shred of Qur’anic / hadith evidence that says that the prophet is everywhere and all seeing and all knowing. People are too eager to jump on the bandwagon without finding out for themselves.

If the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) was omnipresent, what was the need for him to make a physical night journey to Heaven? And why would he need a creature (Buraq) to carry him to Heaven?

The Prophet (S.A.W) said, "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. I was carried on it, and Jibraeel (Alayhis salaam) set out with me till we reached the nearest heaven. Sahih Al-Bukhari hadith 5.227, Narrated by Abbas bin Malik (R.A.)

The following hadith states that the Prophet of Allah (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) will not know what the people innovated after he left. If he was “haazer and naazer” then he should know what the people did after he left…should he not?

The companions of the Prophet (S.A.W.) said, "Some men from my companions will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it, and I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge of what they innovated after you left: they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from Islam)." Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.586 Narrated by Ibn Al Musaiyab (R.A.)
The Prophet (S.A.W.) said, "Some of my companions will come to me at my Lake Fount, and after I recognize them, they will then be taken away from me, whereupon I will say, 'My companions!' Then it will be said, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you.' " Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.584 Narrated by Anas (R.A.)

We all know that Sayyedna Muhammed Mustafa (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) is the highest of creation, and is to be treated with the utmost respect, and to invent things about him is against all Islamic teachings. To make claims that he was not human and that he is omnipresent is completely baseless and makes a mockery of Islam. May Allah Subhanahu wa ta ‘ala guide us on the true path, Amin.

Sunni Student
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Now what has Hazir wa Nazir got anything to do with the discussion we are having? :rollseyes

Ironbeard
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM
If you read the previous posts carefully, you will see Hazir Nazir has been discussed. :coolious:

Sunni Student
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Has it? :?

Man this thread is getting complicated where like discussing so many different Issues at the same time!

The Issues are:

1) The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is sent to All Mankind, can this be regarded as meaning past, present and Future?

2) Asking the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] to supplicate for us, which we shouldnt discuss in this thread as a brother has pointed out we have a complete thread on this.

3) and now Hazir wa Nazir, which i dont think is relevent to what we have been discussing.

Ironbeard
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
[COLOR="Blue
3) and now Hazir wa Nazir, which i dont think is relevent to what we have been discussing.[/B]
Salaam,

Forgive me brother, but i'm only replying to an earlier post in this thread. If you actually see the brother who started this thread wanted to know about "YA Muhammad (saw)", Isn't that Hazir Nazir?.

Sunni Student
12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ironbeard
Salaam,

Forgive me brother, but i'm only replying to an earlier post in this thread. If you actually see the brother who started this thread wanted to know about "YA Muhammad (saw)", Isn't that Hazir Nazir?.
lol my mistake!

Ok I just would to know how you define the term Hazir and Nazir when it is applied to the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]?

And does saying Ya Muhammad on its own wih out looking into the belief when saying this statement apply these attributes to the Prophet [Peace be upon him]?

Ironbeard
12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
lol my mistake!

Ok I just would to know how you define the term Hazir and Nazir when it is applied to the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]?

And does saying Ya Muhammad on its own wih out looking into the belief when saying this statement apply these attributes to the Prophet [Peace be upon him]?

The statement ‘Yaa Rasoolullah’ consists of two grammatical components. The first is the word ‘Yaa’ which is known as ‘Harf Nidaa’ (vocative particle). The second is the word Rasoolullah which will be considered as the ‘Munaada’ (the person being called). Arabic grammarians state that ‘Yaa’ is a particle which comes in place of the word ‘Unaadi’ which means ‘I am calling’ (Lisaanul Arab pg.506). Thus, the sentence ‘Yaa Rasoolullah’ would be translated as ‘I am calling you, Oh Prophet of Allah.’ It can be translated ‘Oh Rasoolullah’.

‘Yaa’ is one of the eight different vocative particles of the Arabic language. Some of these particles are used solely for the purpose of calling unto someone who is far away whilst other particles are solely used for the purpose of calling those who are close by. However, the particle ‘Yaa’ can be used for both far and close. (Jaamin Durood Arabin vol.2 pg.106). Hence, grammatically, it would be correct to say ‘Yaa Rasoolullah’ when Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is called upon whether close by or far away from the person calling unto him. However, this is permissible in regards to Arabic grammar only.

There is also the aspect of Aqaaid (ideology) that has to be considered as well. It is the belief of the Ahlus sunnah Wal Jamaa that Allah Ta’ala is One. He has no partner or equal and nothing resembles Him from His creation. (Aqeeda Tahawiy). Allah Ta’ala is Samee (the All-Hearing). Thus, nothing can resemble Allah Ta’ala in this attribute of being All-Hearing. Allah Ta’ala is also ‘Alaa kulli shay-in qadeer’ (able to do anything He please). Thus, if He wishes to allow someone to hear something, then he can permit it even though outwardly it might seem physically impossible. Bearing the above in mind, thus, it could be said that to say ‘Yaa Rasoolullah’ whilst being close to him, as in the case of visiting his blessed grave would be correct both grammatically and ideologically. Hence, the recommended Durood (salutation) which visiting is ‘Assalaamu alayka yaa Rasoolullah’. This is due to the fact that the belief of the Ahlus Sunnah is that Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is alive in his blessed grave and as the authentic Ahaadith mention that angels present salutation of the Ummah to Rasoolullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam].

On the contrary, if a person says ‘Yaa Rasoolullah’ whilst being far away from him then although grammatically it would be correct, but if the person believes that Rasoolullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] can hear him due to him being All-Hearing or Haazir (omnipresent) or Naazir (All-Seeing) then such a statement and belief would be Kufr. This is due to the person attributing the sole qualities of Allah Ta’ala to His creation which is Shirk (polytheism).

Sunni Student
12-04-2006, 01:37 PM
So what is your [Ironbeard] view on sending Salam from afar by the words 'Assalathu Wassalamu Alaika Ya Rasoolullah" with the Aqeedah that the Salam will be presented to the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]?

Abu Ibraheem
12-04-2006, 01:52 PM
1) The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is sent to All Mankind, can this be regarded as meaning past, present and Future?
The brothers seem to all agree that our Prophet saws was sent as a Mercy to the entire creation. No need to argue any further.

Ironbeard
12-04-2006, 02:26 PM
So what is your [Ironbeard] view on sending Salam from afar by the words 'Assalathu Wassalamu Alaika Ya Rasoolullah" with the Aqeedah that the Salam will be presented to the Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him]?
As we learn from Ahadith, when we send salam on our Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w), the angels deliver our salaam to him and he replies to our salaam. He cannot hear or see us anywhere in the world, thats a sole quality of Allah almighty.

About Assalatu wassalamu Alaika Ya rasoolillah, it depends on the reciters intention, if he recites it with the intention that Prophet (s.a.w) can hear him and see him there and then, thats wrong and against what Allah teaches us. If out of love one says "Ya Rasoolullah" then that is different".

Skillganon
12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
[quote-Sunni Student]
1) The Prophet Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is sent to All Mankind, can this be regarded as meaning past, present and Future?[/quote]

The brothers seem to all agree that our Prophet saws was sent as a Mercy to the entire creation. No need to argue any further.
I will not say All brother's agree with the statement, because all brother's don't understand what you mean by sent to allmankind past, present & future.

This statement is an over-simplication and therefore misleading or at least confusing.

Abu Ibraheem
12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
there is a Qur'aan ayah in the 7th or 9th surah , mercy to the worlds , universe , or howver you want to translate it. I would advice consulting the tafaaseer before bashing me upsides the head with what you havent researched yet

Skillganon
12-07-2006, 09:06 PM
there is a Qur'aan ayah in the 7th or 9th surah , mercy to the worlds , universe , or howver you want to translate it. I would advice consulting the tafaaseer before bashing me upsides the head with what you havent researched yet
Assalamu alaikum

I am not bashing you bro, I just get confused the way some word's are use in a sentence.

:grumbling

Abu Ibraheem
12-07-2006, 09:28 PM
o.k no worries. - but study into the tafaaseer insha'Allah

Umar001
12-08-2006, 12:48 AM
I think it has already been understood how this 'All Creation' 'All Mankind' is meanto be understood.

I still await answers for some stuff brought up but until then Alhamdulilah.

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulahi Wa Bereaktu guys.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.