/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Isolation

Fishman
10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
:sl:
I feel really isolated now, especially since it's near eid. I don't know how I will be able to cope seeing other Muslims celebrating together, whilst all I can do is sit in fromt of a computer screen at home. There is only one Muslim who I often talk to, I hardly get a chance to communicate with anybody else at school. I often cry about this, even when it isn't at night, which is unusual for me. I don't think any of the Muslims I know really understand what this is feels like. Imagine that your parents were not Muslim, and that you hardly knew any of your friends, and that you couldn't regularly go to the Masjid. It's awful.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear this bro :( Can't you join in with the other Muslims? I'm sure you can find a way, InshAllah. If not, you always have us! I'll be here =)) lol, maybe.

Fishman
10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
I'm sorry to hear this bro :( Can't you join in with the other Muslims? I'm sure you can find a way, InshAllah. If not, you always have us! I'll be here =)) lol, maybe.
My friend says I probably won't be able to stay at his house for Eid, I can't talk to abu Jafar 'cause he never anwers the phone, and my parents probably don't want me to stay at stranger's houses, for ovious reasons. Peaople keep saying that I should celebrate with my own family, but then Eid would just be like another christmas, no rememberace of Allaah, no praying with each other and I would still feel isolated from other Muslims.

bint_muhammed
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
thats really sad, maybe you should spend eid in mosque where you can meet up with other muslims. have you not made any muslim friends, likei n the masjid?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
10-18-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
thats really sad, maybe you should spend eid in mosque where you can meet up with other muslims. have you not made any muslim friends, likei n the masjid?
I have not really made many friends at the Masjid, because now that school has started I never get to see them.

Kittygyal
10-18-2006, 06:03 PM
assalamualikum warahmatullahi warahbarakathuhu

am so sowiee to hear that Akhi, i feel like crying walahi i do beacuse i can't do anything to help you :cry:, well it's okay for me because me step papa is a muslim so i go to his family's house because all of my family is a christain, Akhi why don't you join a community?, or maybe ask one of the brothers on this forum if they live near you so you can huck up with them OMG!! i feel like a nonsense by not helping you :(, i know it will be hard for you because your family will like be against you if you go to someone's house that they don't know whom it is but maybe you can call one of the brothers from LI to coem to your house inshallah, don't cry Akhi, ask Allah subhanwatallah for help inshallah, he will help you && don't feel left alone because the most beloving is with you ALLAH, inshallah i pray that everything turns good inshallah, at times i feel like that because ALL of me family are christains, apart from me step papa's side whom i don't get along with so yeah i do undertsand but inshallah just stay happy inshallah. Also go to a mosque inshallah nearby

Wailakumassalam warahmatullahi warabarakthuhu

anonymous
10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I feel really isolated now, especially since it's near eid. I don't know how I will be able to cope seeing other Muslims celebrating together, whilst all I can do is sit in fromt of a computer screen at home. There is only one Muslim who I often talk to, I hardly get a chance to communicate with anybody else at school. I often cry about this, even when it isn't at night, which is unusual for me. I don't think any of the Muslims I know really understand what this is feels like. Imagine that your parents were not Muslim, and that you hardly knew any of your friends, and that you couldn't regularly go to the Masjid. It's awful.
Sad to hear bro.

But you're sharing the reward of *millions* of Muslims this year who for whom eid will be a sad day :cry: even more sad than what you find it, they don't have homes (coz htey got destroyed), they don't have food, relatives... or nefn of the sort to celebrate with.

So we shoudl rememebr those who are below us and that will aid us in beign patient insha Allah :)

i'm in kinda same situation, uni steals my eid day :rant:

:okay:

all the best bro!!
salamz

Woodrow
10-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Isolation is a very difficult trial. Especialy for a young person. This will be my first Eid in the presense of Muslims. However, I am certain I am not affected by isolation as much as you are. For the past 10 years or so I have been pretty much a hermit and for over 20 years I have lived far from any cities or towns. Now that I am in Austin, it is the first time I have lived in a city in a very long time. I know, what do my ramblings have to do with your isolation?

Think of them as being my long winded way of saying that being alone and being isolated are not the same. With Allah(swt) you are never alone, even if you are isolated from people. Hopefully at least one Muslim you know will come visit you on Eid. But, even if you do not see anyone in a physical sense remember we are all here and you are in our thoughts and your presence is part of our Eid.

Fishman
10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
The problem is not just eid ether, it's everything in general. I don't feel like part of the community of Muslims, I feel like an island. All the Muslim families are together in a network, but I'm not. I'm outside it and on my own. And I'm worried that this will never change until I have a family of my own.

anonymous
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
The problem is not just eid ether, it's everything in general. I don't feel like part of the community of Muslims, I feel like an island. All the Muslim families are together in a network, but I'm not. I'm outside it and on my own. And I'm worried that this will never change until I have a family of my own.
You're like the youth of the cave. All alone.
Even more, you're like Ibraheem, an individual all alone! Your age too! (he was 15ish when he started).

so be proud mashalah!
salamz :D

Kittygyal
10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
assalamualikum warahmatullahi warahbarakathuhu

Akhi don't feel like this always say SUBHANALLAH!! your a muslim i used to feel the same but Alhamdulillah once you talk to people && communicate with different muslims you understand, inshallah go to Mosque && make some friends there inshallah

May Allah Subhanawatallah make it easy for you inshallah (Amin)

Wailakumassalam warahmatullahi warabarakthuhu

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Eid is the 24th rite?? i got a test that day omg! no fair!!

Durrah
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM

Its a great shame that none of the muslim brothers you have gotten to know havent invited you to their homes for Eid.

Your not alone though. Unfornatly muslims have a habit of doing this. At first when a brother or sister reverts to islam, everybody is rushing around them, bending their backs to help them and may brag that their friend is a revert, but once the 'novelty' so to speak wheres off, suddenly that brother/sister is dropped like hot cakes, eid is a 'family only event' or marriage is only between 'their kind' etc..

Its a very big shame and i can only hope that between now and Eid, one of those brothers whom you know has a change of heart and makes the effort to welcome you into their home, even if its only for you to join them for Eid prayer and a meal in the afternoon (so you can be back home in the evening and your parents dont worry).

I pray that your situation gets better for you brother inshallah.

Fi'ameen allah

DigitalStorm82
10-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Asalamu Alaikum Bro,

You know it has been a while that we've been exchanging posts... and I still don't know your name... other than "fishman." Have you picked an Islamic name yet, I know you've been called various name, but has anything been official?

Well, that being said, I want you to know that Eid is a holiday that is to be celebrated with the Muslims and with a sense of brotherhood... and you deserve and have EVERY right to be granted such a gift of celebration, especially with all the trials that you're faced with in your daily life.

I know it can be very discouraging to spend Eid alone or any Islamic events for that matter and continue in the path of Allah... many respects for you bro. Just keep in mind that Allah is our friend and our creator and protector... and Muslim ummah is our family… you’re not alone.

Even with your current situation... I don't want you to spend Eid by yourself... do whatever it takes... get involved with the Masjid activities for Eid. Ask someone at the Masjid or even the Imam if you can join in on the Eid festivities... You may feel intrusive... but bro this is your right... some people may not understand how important this is for you because they haven't faced what you have faced... and some people have taken their families for granted... some don't even stay in touch with their parents neglecting the countless blessings Allah has provided them.

Don't worry Bro, you too will get your share... in this life and in the next... you just have to be patient… Most Masjids have get together with brothers n sisters… have a cookout and play some games… Perhaps your Masjid is one of them… If not, try talking to some of the brothers and form a group that will host the Eid party… pick a brother who has a big house and you can help them n get involved Inshallah. It’s up to you bro.. if you make an effort Inshallah Allah will make it easy for you…

Keep us posted on how Awesome your Eid was! ;)

Take care, May Allah make it easy for you and keep you motivated in the path of Allah. Ameen.

W’salaamz,
Hamid

Sabbir_1
10-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Why dont u just chill at home (like me), spend time wid da family .. tell them about islam. if there interested show them one of khalid yasin videos.. bro fish may allah bring ur family to the true deen.

nothing much to do on eid day anyway just another normal day realy for me. ... just go mosque pray eid namaz.. relatives come . u go 2 relatives.. Eat.. that bout it..just keep urself occupied.. trust me tym will fly by..

glo
10-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Have you managed to make any Eid arrangements, Fishman?

Fishman
10-21-2006, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Have you managed to make any Eid arrangements, Fishman?
I have now, alhamdulilah! The chairman of the Masjid says that I can stay with his family on Eid. He says that I can come with them after I've been to Eid prayers.
My mum said it was impolite of me to ask him though. Which is probably correct in normal circumstances.
Now I just have to inform my mum that on Eid, 'smart clothes' means sunnah clothes not shirt and trousers!

DigitalStorm82
10-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Thats great news bro! :)

Don't worry about the formalities and being impolite... we're all brothers and sisters in Islam.

Enjoy Eid bro! :)

W'salaamz

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
bro where do u live? is it in london?

u can come ova here for eid aaanytime, we'll go out somwhere :D

Fishman
10-21-2006, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
bro where do u live? is it in london?
Sorry, I live in Nottingham.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry, I live in Nottingham.
:( sry bro, seriously i usually go out to like places wiv a few brothers n we hav jokes plus learn bout islam, i wudnt hav minded neiva wud they if u was to come :D. well mayb if ur in london :p lol

Snowflake
10-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Salam Fishman bro,

I asked you on behalf of my brother in PM where you lived. I mentioned ur post to him and I think he wanted to invite you. He asked me your location and I said well it's some place called Terrania City lol! He said that must be somewhere in America *rolf* Now I find out you're in Nottingham!!! :giggling:

Neway we're glad you've been invited to spend Eid with the mosque chairman's family. Hope you have a wonderful day inshaAllah. :)

snakelegs
10-22-2006, 02:58 AM
I have now, alhamdulilah! The chairman of the Masjid says that I can stay with his family on Eid. He says that I can come with them after I've been to Eid prayers.
My mum said it was impolite of me to ask him though. Which is probably correct in normal circumstances.
Now I just have to inform my mum that on Eid, 'smart clothes' means sunnah clothes not shirt and trousers!
i am so glad to hear this - also, that you asked the chairman - look at it this way - you provided an opportunity for him to do a good deed for a fellow muslim.
eid mubarak!

Fishman
10-22-2006, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Salam Fishman bro,

I asked you on behalf of my brother in PM where you lived. I mentioned ur post to him and I think he wanted to invite you. He asked me your location and I said well it's some place called Terrania City lol! He said that must be somewhere in America *rolf* Now I find out you're in Nottingham!!! :giggling:

Neway we're glad you've been invited to spend Eid with the mosque chairman's family. Hope you have a wonderful day inshaAllah. :)
Terrania City is a ecumenopolis featured in my sci-fi works.

The Ruler
10-22-2006, 02:19 PM

its amazing that it has worked out for you...even if it hadnt happened, you shouldn't be sad since there are many out there that are speding their eid wih nothing let alone family :)...i mean although i am spending mine with my family, it isnt the best :)...you might think what do you know about being alone...but trust me i understand exactly what you mean...and to tell you the truth i would prefer to keep myself to myself...its just the best :)...but that's if youre ever alone and aint got no one..but now that you do...thats great :D...enjoy your eid bro :)

Dawud_uk
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM

assalaamu alaykum brother,

i know a lot of muslims in nottingham, i would be very happy to come down from sheffield and do the introductions. they are very friendly and good bunch of brothers and i know they could help out.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

DigitalStorm82
10-26-2006, 03:09 PM
How was your Eid bro?

Fishman
10-26-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
How was your Eid bro?
Alhamdulilah I had a happy Eid, which I spent with my friend's family. I gave them presents, they gave me some as well (which was very kind of them), I prayed three times with other people, we had a big meal, and I wore a salwar kameez for my Eid clothes!

Maimunah
10-26-2006, 06:22 PM
mashaAllah bro, i'm glad u've enjoyed it. read the quran n the seerah alot n u won't feel bored. pray to Allah to grant u a righteous freind n inshaAllah i'll the same for u.
wasalaam:)

DigitalStorm82
10-26-2006, 09:20 PM
:) Sounds good!

Pretty much what we did lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.