/* */

PDA

View Full Version : desperately need help understanding something

atha
10-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Assalam-u-alaikum Everyone

I so need help understanding something. You see, my intended (the guy I wish to marry) and I disagree on something. Now, if i just let this disagreement sit here, it won't help at all. I mean both of need to learn about Islam. That's why I am asking help from fellow muslims. Please help out. I so seriously need to understand these issues. Kindly give your answers in the light of sunnah and Quran. and your answers get too long, don't worry about it InshaAllah, they will be read fully. :-) Here are my questions.

1-I know its preferred for men to pray in jammaat. What about the women? Is it preferred for them to pray in jammaat or in isolation?

2-What's this deal with seperate halls in the masjid? How was it at the time of the Prophet? Did the prophet instructed that the women may pray in the same hall (but at the back) or did he say that women and men must pray in separate halls?

3-Is an itaakaaf done in the house, by a woman, valid? Can a women do an itaakaaf in the masjid? If yes, who takes care of the kids?

Thanks
Jazakallah Khair
Assalam-u-Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
10-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Asalamu Alaikum,

As far as my knowlege is...

1. Women can pray in jamaah but its better for them to pray at home. You can make a jamaah with the sisters at home inshallah.

2. Seperation at weddings is a must in the Islamic law. During the time of the prophet, there were no "halls." So, we can take an event such as Eid into consideration, where the women pray behind men... seperated by a measurable distance. The first row or saf is best for men... and the last row or saff is best for women... creating the gap largest as possible.

3. I'm not sure... so I will not say anything.

Inshallah someone will advise you on that.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

akulion
10-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Regarding Itaakaaf (related)

Fiqh-us-Sunnah
Fiqh 1.54

Staying in the mosque

It is forbidden for one who is physically unclean (because of sex or menstruation) to stay in the mosque. 'Aishah said, "The Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, saw that his companions' houses were practically in the mosque. He said, 'Direct those houses away from the mosque.' He then entered the mosque, but the people did nothing, hoping that Allah would reveal to Muhammad that what they were doing was permissible. After he came out, he said, 'Direct those houses away from the mosque, for it is not permitted for a menstruating woman or sexually impure person to be in the mosque." (Related by Abu Dawud.)

Umm Salamah related that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, came to the mosque's courtyard and said at the top of his voice, "The mosque is off limits to menstruating women and the sexually impure persons." (Related by Ibn Majah and at-Tabarani.) Such people can, however, pass through the mosque, for says Allah, "O you who believe, draw not near unto prayer when you are drunk until you know that which you utter, nor when you are impure save when journeying upon the road, until you have bathed" (an-Nisa' 43). Said Jubair, "One of us used to pass through the mosque though he was impure." (Related by Ibn Abu Shaibah and Sa'eed ibn Mansur in his Sunan.) Zaid ibn Aslam said, "The companions of the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, used to walk through the mosques while they were sexually impure." (Related by Ibn al-Mundhir.) Yazib ibn Habib reported that the companions' doors opened up into the mosque, and that when they were sexually impure, they could find no water or any path to water save through the mosque. Then Allah revealed, "...nor when you are impure, save journeying upon the road..." (Related by at-Tabari.)

Commenting on the preceding reports, ash-Shaukani says,"The meaning is so clear that there is no room for doubt." Said 'Aishah, "The Prophet said to me, 'Hand me my cloth from the mosque.' I said, 'I am menstruating.' He said, 'Your menstruation is not in your hand." (Related by the group, except for al-Bukhari.) Said Maimunah, "The Messenger of Allah used to come to one of our rooms while we were menstruating and put his head on (his wife's) lap and recite the Qur'an. Then one of us would take his clothes and put them in the mosque while she was menstruating." (Related by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i. The report has supporting evidence.)

akulion
10-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Regarding Congegational Prayer for Women

Fiqh-us-Sunnah
Fiqh 2.50

Women and congregational prayers

It is better for women to pray in their houses than to attend congregational prayers. However, they may go to the mosque and attend the congregational prayer if they avoid wearing or using any attractive or tempting adornment or perfume.

Ibn 'Umar reports that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Do not prevent the women from going to the mosques, although their houses are better for them." Abu Hurairah relates that the Prophet said: "Do not keep the slave girls of Allah from the mosques of Allah. And they are to go out unperfumed." These two ahadith were related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud. Abu Hurairah also reports that the Prophet said: "Any woman who uses some scent should not be present with us during the night prayer." This is related by Muslim, Abu Dawud, and an-Nasa'i with a hasan chain.

As stated earlier, it is better for women to pray in their houses. Ahmad and at-Tabarani record that Umm Humaid as-Sa'diyah came to the Messenger of Allah and said: "O Messenger of Allah, I love to pray with you." The Prophet said: "I am aware of that, but your salah in your residence is better for you than your salah in your people's mosque. And your salah in your people's mosque is better than your salah in the [larger] congregational Mosque."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
10-19-2006, 06:07 AM
Regarding where women should stand

Fiqh-us-Sunnah
Fiqh 2.63a

The positioning of the young and the women

The Messenger of Allah placed the men in front of the young boys and the women behind the young boys. This is related by Ahmad and Abu Dawud.

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allah said: "The best rows for the men are the first rows and the worst rows for them are the last rows. The best rows for the women are the last rows and the worst for them are the front rows." The last rows are the best for the women because they are farther away from the men as against the first rows that are nearest to men's rows. This is related by the group except al-Bukhari.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.