/* */

PDA

View Full Version : KUFR THOUGHTS, how to get rid of them? :'(

AnonymousPoster
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
:sl:

for obvious reasons i prefer to complain anonymously regarding this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...aith-iman.html

personally i suffer from that alot

Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that a man came to the Prophet and said: "I talk myself into something which, to become a charcoal or ashes is preferable to me than to speak it out." The Prophet replied to him: 'Praise be to Allah, Who has sent Satan's trick back to him.'"

In another Hadith [saying of Prophet Muhammad ], some of the Companions of the Prophet came to the Messenger and said: "O Messenger of Allah! We are used to feel some thoughts in our minds which we consider too gruesome to speak out." The Prophet answered: "Is that so?" They replied, "Yes." Then he said: "That is the pure Iman (belief)." It is as if the Prophet was telling his Companions: The meaning of its being pure Iman is that, this emerging insinuations, your shunning of it and regarding it as too gruesome; will cause no harm to your Iman but it is rather an indication that your Iman is pure and unadulterated.
Issue is, EXTREMELY ugly and haram thoughts and phrases pass by my mind, even regarding Allah SWT :cry: things that would render someone an apostate if they said them verbally.

My worry is, these thoughts are becoming so frequent that I can't even tell whether i'm inducing these thoughts or whehter its purely shaytan's interference :cry: . Not that these thoughts are due to doubts existing in me, i totally reject them, but they just keep occurring to me even though i dont feel even the slightest inclination to them.

I really hate to mention details, but sometiems shaytan makes me imagine myself uttering words against Allah and his prophet, when i get these thoughts hit I immediately follow it by seeking refuge from shaytan, and seriously the only way i get rid of the thoguhts is by shaking my head (physically) till the thoguht gets out of me. But sometimes i get flash backs and it's as if i'm saying it to myself and i don't know if that was intentional or was it shaytan whispering those thoughts to me.

I think this has been happening to me for over two years now. And i'm really suffering, but i'm really worried maybe because its my nafs that's seriously trying to play 'ill dare myself to say that n then seriously regret it'.

I must add, I TOTALLY REJECT THESE THOUGHTS, i love Allah and his messenger. But i don't know how to stop remembering these terrible things :cry: :cry:

Does the hadiths refer to such things? like recalling (without will) these incidents and it almost feels as if ur saying those phrases to yourself?? but then u really regret it and keep saying istighfar and seeking refuge from Allah?

please help :(
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
salaam

maybe this verses might help

"Repel evil with that which is best: We are well acquainted with the things they say.
And say "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones.
"And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! lest they should come near me."

wasalaam

Firdaus
10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
hi sis i think you should often read the surat Baqarah and yaassin a lot to drive away these evil thoughts in your mind. You should also do a lot of Zikr-Ul-Allah a lot.

anonymous
10-19-2006, 11:37 AM
^agree

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Firdaus
hi sis i think you should often read the surat Baqarah and yaassin a lot to drive away these evil thoughts in your mind. You should also do a lot of Zikr-Ul-Allah a lot.
may allah reward u best sis :)
yes istighfar does help... but it's those moments when you get caught unaware by these memory flash backs. So distressing subhanallah.

"Repel evil with that which is best: We are well acquainted with the things they say.
And say "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones.
"And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! lest they should come near me."
thankyou sis, i never knew 'hamazaat ashayateen' referred to this sort of thing :)

salams

Salmaan
10-19-2006, 11:44 AM

say a'uudhubillahi minash-shaytaanir-rajeem

recite ayatul-kursi

do zikrullah and pray

and remember that Allah knows best about our iman :)

Muhammad
10-19-2006, 11:49 AM

Perhaps one way to remove these thoughts is to root out any doubts by learning more about Islam. At least this way you can become more firm on your faith and clarify any misconceptions. Also make plenty of du'aa to Allaah to remove these doubts from you and to give you firm conviction Insha'Allaah. Occupy yourself with good deeds such as reading the Qur'an and studying it, and protect yourself from Shaytaan by frequently seeking refuge with Allaah and also making the adhaan makes him go away.

And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitân (Satan) then seek refuge with Allâh. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

Verily, those who are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2), when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitân (Satan), they remember (Allâh), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

Qur'an 7:200-201

- Qatada -
10-19-2006, 12:31 PM
:salamext:

This is from another post, so some things might not relate to you. But its referring to the waswasa (satanic whispers) so it might be of some help insha'Allaah.

jazak Allaah khayr for explaining your situation, because the cure to ignorance is asking, as our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) said.

I just want you to know that what you are experiencing now is quite common to happen to the believer (the mu'min) and it is a sign of faith. In islam, its called waswasa (the whisperings of satan) and it is one of the ways shaytan will try to put someone off the right path.

Its also important to remember that one of the main reasons you feel weak is because you believe in Allaah, but you don't have any evidence in your mind to prove those satanic thoughts wrong. And the only cure to that is by reading more and more from the Qur'an and Sunnah to clear the misconceptions that satan puts in your mind. This way, the more evidence you have - the more stronger a believer you will become insha'Allaah, and the more evidence you will have to drive away them satanic thoughts insha'Allaah.

We advise you not to pay any attention to these whispers, and to ignore them, and to do the opposite of what they are calling you to do. For these whispers (waswaas) come from the Shaytaan to cause grief to those who believe. The best way to deal with them is to remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr), to seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan [by saying: a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim; I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed).], to keep away from sins and wrong actions which are the means by which Iblees gains control over the sons of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Nahl 16:99]
It is worth quoting here what Ibn Hajar al-Haythami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said about dealing with waswasah in his book al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah al-Kubra, 1/149. This is what he said:

“He was asked about the problem of waswasah (insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan), and whether there is a remedy for it.

He replied by saying that there is an effective remedy for it, which is to ignore them completely, no matter how frequently they may come to mind. When these whispers are ignored, they do not become established, rather they go away after a short time, as many people have experienced. But for those who pay attention to them and act upon them, they increase until they make him like one who is insane or even worse, as we see among many of those who have suffered from them and paid attention to them and to the devil whose task it is to insinuate these whispers, whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us against when he said, “Beware the whispers with regard to water (i.e., wudoo’) which is caused by a devil called al-Walhaan” – because that causes a person to go to extremes with regard to doing wudoo’, as was explained in Sharh Mishkaat al-Anwaar.

In al-Saheehayn there is a report which supports what has been mentioned above, which is that whoever suffers from waswaas should seek refuge with Allaah and turn away from the waswaas. So think about this effective remedy which was taught by the one who does not speak of his own whims and desires to his ummah, and understand that whoever is deprived of this is deprived of all goodness, because waswasah comes from the Shaytaan, according to scholarly consensus, and the accursed one (the Shaytaan) has no other desire than to make the believers go astray, make them confused, make their life a misery, cause them distress to the extent that they leave Islam without realizing it.

“Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy”

[Faatir 35:6 – interpretation of the meaning]
According to another hadeeth, the one who suffers from waswasah should say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers).” Undoubtedly, whoever thinks of the paths of the Messengers of Allaah, especially our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will find that his path and his law is easy and clear, with no hardship in it.

“… and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever ponders this and believes in it sincerely, the problem of waswasah and listening to the Shaytaan will go away. In the book of Ibn al-Sunni it is narrated via ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), “Whoever suffers from this waswaas, let him say ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)’, three times, and it will go away from him.”

Al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam and others mentioned something similar to the above. They said: the treatment for waswasah is to believe that this is an idea from the Shaytaan and that Iblees is the one who is bringing these thoughts to his mind, and he should strive to fight him. Then he will have the reward of the mujaahid, because he is fighting the enemy of Allaah. If he does that, then the Shaytaan will flee from him. This is what mankind has been tested with from the beginning of time, and Allaah has given him (Iblees) some power over man as a test for him, so that Allaah may show the truth to be true and falsehood to be false, even though the disbelievers may hate that.

In Muslim, hadeeth no. 2203, it is narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.”

This hadeeth proves the point we are making, which is that waswasah can only overpower the one who is ignorant and confused and does not know what’s what. But the one who has knowledge and understanding will the Sunnah and keep away from bid’ah. The worst of the innovators are those who follow waswaas, hence Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated that his shaykh al-Rabee’ – who was the imam of the people of his time – was the fastest of the people in relieving himself and doing wudoo’.

Ibn Hurmuz used to be slow in relieving himself and in doing wudoo’, and he used to say “I have a problem, do not follow my example.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said that one of the scholars thought it was mustahabb for the one who was affected by waswasah with regard to his wudoo or prayer to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, for when the Shaytaan hears dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) he slinks away, and Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is the best of dhikr, and the most effective remedy for warding off waswasah is to remember Allaah a great deal.

We ask Allaah to take away the waswasah that you are suffering and to increase us and you in faith, righteousness and piety. Ameen.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&QR=62839

I strongly encourage you to read the following threads too:

Soul Selling
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-counselling/7895-soul-selling.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-counselling/5028-did-you.html

Satanic Whispers: Meaning & Remedy
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544296

You may feel afraid that you're sinful for this act, even though its not your fault. But alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah Almighty) - our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Allaah has forgiven for my ummah that which is whispered to them and which crosses their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6664; Muslim, 127)

Allaah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss. (17:82)

So listening and reciting to the Qur'an (especially surah falaq (113) and surah nas (114)) may help insha'Allaah:

http://quran.jalisi.com (beautiful Qur'an recitations - Sa'ad al ghamdi)

All of them are authentic and enjoyable masha'Allaah, and it may make it easier to get a deeper understanding of islam so you can beat those evil thoughts because the cure to ignorance is knowledge.

Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (Allaah Almighty knows best.)

If you got any questions, please do ask insha'Allaah. jazak Allaah khayr.

:wasalamex

I think you should check this link out also insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-counselling/20440-please-brothers-sisters-i-need-help.html

When a person has faith, then shaytan will keep whispering to the person to try to distract them from the siraat-ul mustaqeem (the straight path) . So keep remembering Allaah, and keep praising Allaah (i.e. subhan Allaah, alhamdulillah, Allaahu akbar, La illaah illallaah etc.)

Whenever you pray 5 daily prayers, then concentrate on what you say, because within surah fatiha - you recite 'ikhdinas-siraat-al mustaqeem' (guide us to the straight path.) - and if you're sincere in this, Allaah Almighty will keep you on the straight path insha'Allaah, because you pray this surah about 17times a day [minimum] (when you pray your 5 daily salaah/prayers.)

If you remember Allaah Almighty at times of ease, Allaah will remember you at times of hardship insha'Allaah.

We will keep you in our dua's insha'Allaah. :)

:wasalamex

anonymous
10-20-2006, 09:20 AM
by allah, I am astonished!! i get the same thing, and i even shake my head. sometimes my neck hurts as well. sometimes i sort of blink coontinusly, my mum has even noticed it. its my way of distracting myelf. whih isn't good, as there is a better way: seeking refuge, which also prevents the the pain. im not lying. i was reading it, and some of it sounds like me!! sometimes they are so strong, it feels that the next step (i.e ext time i think of them) is to utter them. say i did, accidently (sometimes I speak the same time as i think of what m thinking), am i responsible.

may allah reward u best sis
yes istighfar does help... but it's those moments when you get caught unaware by these memory flash backs. So distressing subhanallah.

sis/brother anonymousgender, do you mean here that you think back and ask yourself, did i really say that, or am i imagining that i said that?? is that what u mean??

AnonymousPoster
10-20-2006, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
by allah, I am astonished!! i get the same thing, and i even shake my head. sometimes my neck hurts as well. sometimes i sort of blink coontinusly, my mum has even noticed it. its my way of distracting myelf. whih isn't good, as there is a better way: seeking refuge, which also prevents the the pain. im not lying. i was reading it, and some of it sounds like me!! sometimes they are so strong, it feels that the next step (i.e ext time i think of them) is to utter them. say i did, accidently (sometimes I speak the same time as i think of what m thinking), am i responsible.
i dont think it ever got to point where i wanted to say it verbally. but the thoughts come in such a way as if i decided 2think it. :cry:

n yeh i go through all the underlined bits too. i just hope Allah lifts that torture from me ameen.

may allah reward u best sis

sis/brother anonymousgender, do you mean here that you think back and ask yourself, did i really say that, or am i imagining that i said that?? is that what u mean??
yes :heated:

thanks brother fi and Muhammad. I think it's a test for me. It's nothing to do with lack of understanding of why the thoughts are wrong. Allah al musta'3an.

anonymous
10-20-2006, 10:13 AM
yeah sis/brother anonymousgender, do you mean here that you think back and ask yourself, did i really say that, or am i imagining that i said that?? is that what u mean??

also i think, yeah it could be bad/i could have said something becuse..., or i think, nah, inshallh i'll be right. sometimes the way i look at it is: if the wiswaas is gone, than i've done something bad, if it still comes, then inshallah, im okay. and sometimes when i ignore it, satan whispers to me something even stronger.
my wiswaas usully comes when i've been working on something for too long. eg: if i've been doing my homework for too long. somehting like that.

its reached a point where somedays i go through it, and it effects me in the respect of my sleep. i.e i go to sleep thinking about it, and wake up thinking about it. im feel uncomfortable in mydreams even. i know that sounds weird, but its true. come to think of it, its like i know the real world and wahst happening to me, even in my dreams. some times i wake up and go, Yuk!! i just wanna fall back asleep.
anyways, better go.

AnonymousPoster
10-20-2006, 10:38 AM
also i think, yeah it could be bad/i could have said something becuse..., or i think, nah, inshallh i'll be right. sometimes the way i look at it is: if the wiswaas is gone, than i've done something bad, if it still comes, then inshallah, im okay. and sometimes when i ignore it, satan whispers to me something even stronger.
my wiswaas usully comes when i've been working on something for too long. eg: if i've been doing my homework for too long. somehting like that.

its reached a point where somedays i go through it, and it effects me in the respect of my sleep. i.e i go to sleep thinking about it, and wake up thinking about it. im feel uncomfortable in mydreams even. i know that sounds weird, but its true. come to think of it, its like i know the real world and wahst happening to me, even in my dreams. some times i wake up and go, Yuk!! i just wanna fall back asleep.
anyways, better go.
you are different to the other anon poster? :-[
could all anonymous people post in different colours to distinguish their anon posts from other anon ones?

The Ruler
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM

you know...i get them thoughts at times too...but reading the Qur'an with meaning clears all my thoughts...also thinking about how muslims are being disgraced and punished around the world only increases my faith alhamdulillah :)

AnonymousPoster
10-20-2006, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

you know...i get them thoughts at times too...but reading the Qur'an with meaning clears all my thoughts...also thinking about how muslims are being disgraced and punished around the world only increases my faith alhamdulillah :)

alhamdulilah, i do that too, but its nothing to do with faith decreasing or lack of belief as i mentioned... they are thoughts that strike even during prayer or reading quran, absolutely nothing to do with not believing what i read. But... oh nevermind.

your input appreciated though :)

DigitalStorm82
10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Bro/Sis,

Try to avoid seeing and hearing much fitnah as possible... stop watching tv or listening to the radio if you do... or restrict it as much as possible. Try to avoid seeing fitnah in the streets... lower your gaze.

The less fitnah your mind is exposed to... less it will dig up images of kufr. If you're experiencing such things in salaah during the month of Ramadan... shaytan is tied up... so its the shaytan within you... You need to control it.

Involve yourself in rememberence of Allah swt and seek refuge with him from the shaytan and from yourself.

May Allah make it easy for you, Inshallah.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Malaikah
10-21-2006, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
alhamdulilah, i do that too, but its nothing to do with faith decreasing or lack of belief as i mentioned... they are thoughts that strike even during prayer or reading quran, absolutely nothing to do with not believing what i read. But... oh nevermind.

it seems like most peoples advice isnt helping you...

you just keep shaking your head... sounds like these are purely random thoughts that you obviously dont believe... just keep shaking your head or whatever and make dua that it does away...

AnonymousPoster
10-21-2006, 03:06 AM
^ thanks sis for advise.
and digi thanks too.....

wasalaam.

Malaikah
10-22-2006, 01:19 AM

i was listening to a lecture yesterday and the sheikh guy talked about this issue and he said when the shaytan comes and makes you think about stuff that you dont mean, like the ones mentioned in the 1st post in this thread, then just seek refuge from allah swt... that its just purely from that shaytan and stuff...

so i guess all you can do it seek refuge when it happens... but i think if you are still worried you should talk to a sheikh about it to get some better insight or something

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2006, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

i was listening to a lecture yesterday and the shiek guy talked about this issue and he said when the shaytan comes and makes you think about stuff that you dont mean, like the ones mentioned in the 1st post in this thread, then just seek refuge from alalh swt... that its just purely from that shaytan and stuff...

so i guess all you can do it seek refuge when it happens... but i think if you are still worried you should talk to a shiek about it to get some better insight or something
much appreciated :)

ps: It's sheikh by the way - just thought i let you know-.

Hijrah
10-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Just to let the topic starter know, you are not alone, I have the same problem.

Assalamualaikum

Malaikah
10-22-2006, 01:32 AM
much appreciated :)

ps: It's sheikh by the way - just thought i let you know-.
picky! ok ill change it :rollseyes lol jk

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2006, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
picky! ok ill change it :rollseyes lol jk
lol sorry didn't mean to be picky.... shiek wasn't very different to 'shrek' lol.

Malaikah
10-22-2006, 01:43 AM
^LOL! in the lecture i was talking about the SHEIKH said shirk and he said 'whats shirk, no i didnt say shrek, i said shirk'

:hiding: sorry off topic...

Curaezipirid
10-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Assalamualaikumu

this is the better question of many

often it is seeking money which causes kafr thoughts

the explaination is embedded within Chinese culture; and the story of the cultural revolution is that resolution which the Chinese find in a sort of Jihad of non-believers who try to fault believers and find that they can not.

The Chinese whom are wrongly accused by non-believers (and it often has been that non-believers have successfully accused Chinese believers of kafr when they could not of any other thing) are enormously resilient. They can accomodate entire mountains of pain in their psychology.

The Chinese eventually arrive at the solution of counter accusing the non-belivers; but rather than a counter accusation with non-belief; a counter accusation of "if you want to believe in forever then in Allah you are to be accepted only if your forever into the future includes forever was the ill of the past yours also"; in that counter a believer is rescued by Allah, but a non-believer is in the definition of not believing, only thereby becoming responsible for every ill of the past:- that is, if they want forever to be real. That way the kafir are less difficult; and less kafr is stirred.

So the solution to avoiding kafr is to trust that fear of forever to Allah/ even if you are not yet able to be certain, know Allah is. It is the blessed thing to know that the thing you most fear is the resolution into nothing to fear. Alcoholics Anonymous call it "rock bottom". There are very many ways in many cultures of accepting that most difficult of all du'a. Allah grant that Humanity is freed of any kafr.

Meanwhile try the simplicity of never knowing what any other persons fault could be within not knowing even the accountiblity of your own faults. Just pray and commit to accepting what the account is in Allah even when it is not known. Then it is easier to always assume the best intentions.

Many folk in modern societies are socially pushed into considering it unwise, or ill-educated, or lacking in means, to just be like a child in assuming justice is. Why not try believing fully in innocent until proven guilty? That usually is effective.

Also whenever you catch yourself in kafr then make du'a to prevent any shaytan whom might have supposed to be taking advantage of forcing your mind into kafr; if they force your mind then you can not uncreate what they have caused; but you can notice that it was not what you wanted and thereby if you make du'a you become a shaytan catcher since they learn what not to do when Humans make du'a.

I hope that helps. Also learning the imagery of Animist cutlural belief always helps because then the shaytan can't make money from forcing you into kafr; since the result is not profitable to them. When a common kafr attaches to specific imagery of an animal then any harm from is connected back to the processes of mother nature, and proper management of the Earth's atmosphere.

mu'assalam

AnonymousPoster
10-22-2006, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
Assalamualaikumu

this is the better question of many

often it is seeking money which causes kafr thoughts

the explaination is embedded within Chinese culture; and the story of the cultural revolution is that resolution which the Chinese find in a sort of Jihad of non-believers who try to fault believers and find that they can not.

The Chinese whom are wrongly accused by non-believers (and it often has been that non-believers have successfully accused Chinese believers of kafr when they could not of any other thing) are enormously resilient. They can accomodate entire mountains of pain in their psychology.

The Chinese eventually arrive at the solution of counter accusing the non-belivers; but rather than a counter accusation with non-belief; a counter accusation of "if you want to believe in forever then in Allah you are to be accepted only if your forever into the future includes forever was the ill of the past yours also"; in that counter a believer is rescued by Allah, but a non-believer is in the definition of not believing, only thereby becoming responsible for every ill of the past:- that is, if they want forever to be real. That way the kafir are less difficult; and less kafr is stirred.

So the solution to avoiding kafr is to trust that fear of forever to Allah/ even if you are not yet able to be certain, know Allah is. It is the blessed thing to know that the thing you most fear is the resolution into nothing to fear. Alcoholics Anonymous call it "rock bottom". There are very many ways in many cultures of accepting that most difficult of all du'a. Allah grant that Humanity is freed of any kafr.

Meanwhile try the simplicity of never knowing what any other persons fault could be within not knowing even the accountiblity of your own faults. Just pray and commit to accepting what the account is in Allah even when it is not known. Then it is easier to always assume the best intentions.

Many folk in modern societies are socially pushed into considering it unwise, or ill-educated, or lacking in means, to just be like a child in assuming justice is. Why not try believing fully in innocent until proven guilty? That usually is effective.

Also whenever you catch yourself in kafr then make du'a to prevent any shaytan whom might have supposed to be taking advantage of forcing your mind into kafr; if they force your mind then you can not uncreate what they have caused; but you can notice that it was not what you wanted and thereby if you make du'a you become a shaytan catcher since they learn what not to do when Humans make du'a.

I hope that helps. Also learning the imagery of Animist cutlural belief always helps because then the shaytan can't make money from forcing you into kafr; since the result is not profitable to them. When a common kafr attaches to specific imagery of an animal then any harm from is connected back to the processes of mother nature, and proper management of the Earth's atmosphere.

mu'assalam
salams sis, lol i only kind of understood the bit on bold.

But mashalah you're way too philosophical.... can you pls simplify wat you're trying to say for me :X

no offense intended!

Farhan1
10-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I also have this problem first thing dont be panic be relaxed ask dua to ALLAH then mindfullness is the best solution for this kind of thoughts do some meditation just for 10minutes do in this way in your meditation that thoughts regarding ALLAH and Prophets those bad thoughts will not come up in my mind its all over like this you just tell to yourself little by little you will get controll over it do you know i suffered like 13 years of this thoughts. Just be cool and calm keep your prayers steadfast and read quran with meaning. Inshallah you will be cured.
This is called OCD (Obssession compulsive disorder) another name given by scientists they say this occurs becos of neurons in the brain transmission is affected around 2% of the world population has this in various ways. You can tackle this thoughts through Conginative behaviour exercise you can see lots of things through net which will be helpful for you to controll or eradicate this thoughts. Like Yoga and Meditation which will be more helpful.

anonymous
10-24-2006, 10:49 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

13 years of this thoughts.
im about to go crazy and i've been suffering wodoo/wiswaas/prayer for only a few months. I don't know what i complain about sometimes.

p.s im not the original anon poster.

DigitalStorm82
10-24-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...eng&txt=waswas

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...glist=0&ln=eng

Allah-creation
10-24-2006, 09:51 PM
i belive one of the methods to get rid off the Kufir thoughts is Fear. Fear of Allah (SW) and his punishments.

anonymous
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM

for obvious reasons i prefer to complain anonymously regarding this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...aith-iman.html

personally i suffer from that alot

Issue is, EXTREMELY ugly and haram thoughts and phrases pass by my mind, even regarding Allah SWT :cry: things that would render someone an apostate if they said them verbally.

My worry is, these thoughts are becoming so frequent that I can't even tell whether i'm inducing these thoughts or whehter its purely shaytan's interference :cry: . Not that these thoughts are due to doubts existing in me, i totally reject them, but they just keep occurring to me even though i dont feel even the slightest inclination to them.

I really hate to mention details, but sometiems shaytan makes me imagine myself uttering words against Allah and his prophet, when i get these thoughts hit I immediately follow it by seeking refuge from shaytan, and seriously the only way i get rid of the thoguhts is by shaking my head (physically) till the thoguht gets out of me. But sometimes i get flash backs and it's as if i'm saying it to myself and i don't know if that was intentional or was it shaytan whispering those thoughts to me.

I think this has been happening to me for over two years now. And i'm really suffering, but i'm really worried maybe because its my nafs that's seriously trying to play 'ill dare myself to say that n then seriously regret it'.

I must add, I TOTALLY REJECT THESE THOUGHTS, i love Allah and his messenger. But i don't know how to stop remembering these terrible things :cry: :cry:

Does the hadiths refer to such things? like recalling (without will) these incidents and it almost feels as if ur saying those phrases to yourself?? but then u really regret it and keep saying istighfar and seeking refuge from Allah?

please help :(
this happens 2 me alot & i now tend to get rid of them by doing more zikr of Allah (s.w.t) n fear of the consequences in both worlds

Hawa
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah-creation
i belive one of the methods to get rid off the Kufir thoughts is Fear. Fear of Allah (SW) and his punishments.

It isnt lack of fear, subhanallah if anything it increases my Fear of Allah everytime I get an evil thought. Lately it's getting worse and I keep thinking that perhaps it isnt shaytan... maybe its my own subconscious.....
I dont know....
ive been talking to myself alot lately, everytime I get such a thought I try to distract myself and start talking loudly to myself, people around me are getting pretty worried. I've read all there is to read about waswas, its just you cant help but feel like an ungrateful creature when you harbour such thoughts against your Creator. I feel Allah cannot have mercy on me imsad

im surprised so many people go through this, I didnt want to talk about it but last night I hardly slept because of guilt, I can barely look at the screen right now... I guess the only defence mechanism against these thoughts is to read and live the Quran.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
It isnt lack of fear, subhanallah if anything it increases my Fear of Allah everytime I get an evil thought. Lately it's getting worse and I keep thinking that perhaps it isnt shaytan... maybe its my own subconscious.....
I dont know....
ive been talking to myself alot lately, everytime I get such a thought I try to distract myself and start talking loudly to myself, people around me are getting pretty worried. I've read all there is to read about waswas, its just you cant help but feel like an ungrateful creature when you harbour such thoughts against your Creator. I feel Allah cannot have mercy on me imsad

im surprised so many people go through this, I didnt want to talk about it but last night I hardly slept because of guilt, I can barely look at the screen right now... I guess the only defence mechanism against these thoughts is to read and live the Quran.
try distracting yourself. like take up an activity. such as, a course or something. and dont let shaytan tell you its your subconsious, think of this ayah:

"Then set your face upright for religion in the right state-- the nature made by Allah in which He has made men; there is no altering of Allah's creation; that is the right religion, but most people do not know--" 30,30.

hope that helps. PM me if you need futher help. i was the other anon.

Annie
11-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Salams
sis just keep reminding yourself that shaythans plot is weak and dont let these thoughts affect your deen. Also recite surat Baqrah and there is an excellent lecture by Riyadulhaq about siatanic whispers,which will also help you.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-01-2006, 07:25 AM
jazakallahu khair for that advice annie. im not the original poster, but there were things in there that inshallah, can he;lp me (suffering form a different type of wiswas)

AnonymousPoster
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM

I'm the original poster, alhamdulialh its been almost a month and a bit more and i havn't had any of these thoughts occurring to me anymore, i'm soo pleased alhamdulilah :)

i dont know how exaclty i stopped it, but Alhamdulilah!

Jazakum Allah khayr so much for your help!

mpk
01-06-2007, 04:18 AM
you need to relax...Most of the time, these things happen because you think too much about these things. If you are constantly worried about having these thoughts, then you WILL have these thoughts. For example, try telling yourself not to think of a zebra, you won't be able to stop thinking about it. Just chill, busy your mind with things, sports, studies etc.

AnonymousPoster
01-06-2007, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mpk
you need to relax...Most of the time, these things happen because you think too much about these things. If you are constantly worried about having these thoughts, then you WILL have these thoughts. For example, try telling yourself not to think of a zebra, you won't be able to stop thinking about it. Just chill, busy your mind with things, sports, studies etc.

I think what helps is if you make istighfaar alot. Trying to focus on something else sometimes actually makes it worse.... :X i been thru this.

lolwatever
01-06-2007, 04:21 AM
^ ya not surprising, istighfar is always helpful in erasing sins and causing Allah to accept your dua to drive away those sorta thoughts.

all the best
salamz :)

Skillganon
01-06-2007, 04:41 AM
LOL, I think nearly everyone has this kind of thought's, it is when it becomes to much it may be seen a problem. I guess first thing is to do is to ignore much as possible, and keep yourdelf in learning the deen.

It effects people especially during going to sleep, Prayers (salat), and when one becomes distressed or depressed.

C'est Moi
02-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Assalaamu alaykum..hey ukhti(im assuming ur a sister?)i hope ur well inshaallah.. i am a sister and im new to the forum, I wanted to let u know that i have been through the same situation as you and i am still suffering from these evil whisperings, it has been over 2 years for me too. Inshaallah if you ever want to talk to me in private please do not hesitate, it would be nice to be able to talk about this problem to someone who is experiencing the same thing and maybe we could offer some advice to eachother to help us over come this problem. Inshaallah if you ever want to talk to me in private about this issue then please do not hesitate (only if ur a sister :sunny:) if you want my email address inshaallah i can provide you with that and you can contact me via email inshaallah. hope to hear from you soon inshaallah.

Wassalaamu alaykum

AnonymousPoster
02-02-2007, 06:24 AM
jazakilah khayr sis!.. "fortunately/unfortunately :X" i'm not a sis, alhamdulilah i got over it though short while back

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...tml#post617965

appreciate it though!

C'est Moi
02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
wa iyaak..im happy to hear that these thoughts have gone Alhamdulilah. I Know u said that u dont know exactly how these thoughts dissapeared but i just wanted to ask what things did u do in particular to help urself..i have read many fatwaas on fighting these evil thoughts but its just a matter of acting upon the advice and being consistent upon it imsad

Wassalaamu alaykum

AnonymousPoster
02-03-2007, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi
wa iyaak..im happy to hear that these thoughts have gone Alhamdulilah. I Know u said that u dont know exactly how these thoughts dissapeared but i just wanted to ask what things did u do in particular to help urself..i have read many fatwaas on fighting these evil thoughts but its just a matter of acting upon the advice and being consistent upon it imsad

Wassalaamu alaykum
salams sis

allahu alam but i adopted this habit where i make istighfar everytime i can... when i walk to work or walking around i just keep saying it as well as 'laa ilaha ilalah' and 'authu bilah' (when thoughts cross)

alhamdulilah i havnt got them for loooong time now.. i do get the occasional flashback where i recall an instance but its very very rare alhamdulilah n its more like a memory ratehr than shaytan making me think im saying it...

srsly it works well... just make it a habbit inshalah, its not a hard habit to adopt

C'est Moi
03-04-2007, 01:44 AM

Im in need of some advice inshaallah. I read one of the posts where someone mentioned that they have these thoughts when they are trying to sleep... and this also happens to me and its really frustrating when i cannot sleep. The strange thing is that as soon as its about 1am i always find myself unable to sleep even though i am really tired..the whisperings seem to get worse and i just start to feel all weak and dizzy etc even though im extremely tired i just cAnnot sleep because of this weird feeling in my body..its hard to explain..is there anyone in this forum who experiences anything similar to what i have...also when this is happening i feel scared that im going to die and it makes me feel even more anxious..:cry:

One of the members mentioned that they suffered from these whisperings for 13 or so years..i just wanted ask if you have recovered from it and are there any tips you can offer me...this has been happening to me for 3 years now and i feel like i will never improve.. the problem just seems to be getting worse and the whisperings are getting stronger....:confused:

Barakallahu feekum

C'est Moi
03-19-2007, 02:06 AM

No one has responded to my post :?

:cry:

wisnu
08-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Salamualaikum.

Yes. Ive been throu those hard phases. It was started in 2005, I was doing Taraweh and suddenly the thougts came out of the blue. I was trembled, I was scared to death, and I felt alone, I said to my self that it was impossible for me to tell this to everyone as I was afraid they would think Im crazY! doh...

It disappeared after I spent so many naights crying and begging.

Last few weeks, the thoughts came again even stronger, such an ironic, I had those blasphemy when I was in Majlis Dzikr, I was trembled and fallen to pieces, I thought I was a munafiqun who have "illnesses in their heart", but thats not the case. I browsed in the internet relating to my symptoms, and apparently I have this Obsessive unwanted thoughts. it is close to OCD.
I couldnt sleep, I didnt go to work, I hardly did anything. How could I eat, work, sleep while my Iman is damage? But insha Allah, that is not the case. It is a test. I kept searching in the internet ... but they didnt satisfy me,
I was longing for islamic explanations, subhanallah, I have found it.
It is waswas.

And the idea how you overcome with such unwanted and disturbing thoughts, you may find them in this forum, check again, many good people have explain, esp those who have been throu this.

The stronger your fear is, the stronger the thoughts have the power.. when you are less fear, the thoughts will be weaker insha Allah. but its easy to say, yes indeed, but nothing is impossible for Allah. down on your knee and pray, cry:cry:, beg, I used to mention in details what I felt in my prayer, my fear, anxious, my worries, and come up with blasphemious thoughts and I seeked refugee, forgiveness and power to cope with these thoughts, and tears in prayers really help a lot, that surely helps insha Allah.

And one thing for sure, Shodaqoh-to needy people, to the closest relatives, to donate to your nearest Mosque, they will insha Allah fasten your prayer. Wallahu alam bishawab

A friend said to me (and she has decent knowledge in Islam), it is a good sign, the tests insha Allah will bring you to higher Maqom. I asked to a Ulama, Hasan Shahab, and he said it is relatively normal.

"And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of FEAR and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient," (Al Baqoroh - 155). :)

arabianprincess
08-15-2008, 07:11 AM
salam wa 3lykom

well i did have that problem n sometimes i still get it but during salah n the only way to stop it is to say awzo bel allah men el shytan el reajeem n its makes it go away .. i used to hit my self .. but then u know as they say just from now on say the zekr n inshallah it will go away peace

ayan333
08-18-2008, 08:27 PM

subhanALLAh...once agin im speachless...i use the same wording,if not exact when i finally had theguts to tell my Mom.of course i didnt tell her wut i wa sthinking,just the fact that it was so bad that i couldnt say it

completely goes against eveything i believe.SubhanALLAH...i thought i would go to hell for having such thought,although i always rejected with such passion...now-d-days i completely ignore it,try to not let it bother me although its hard

SubhanALLAH..i thought i was alone when it cam eto this,although all the things i have wen through, a sis on this board has also,i mean exact same things ive went through,i cnat even explain it,no termanolgy...all i can say is SubhanALLAH

i always Pray to ALLAH (SWA) in Sajood,after second Rak'a and after i read Ayatal Kursi,Nas,Falaq,n Ikhlas that He (SWA) may protect me from these eveils things and not to let them effect me physically,mentally,or effect my Iman,always ask ALLAH (SAW) to make your Iman stronger and guide you to the right path

ok well i hope yall all bat the shaydaan,although sometime its tough.Remember keep faith and trust in ALLAH (SWA) n he always be on your side,SubhanALLAH

ayan333
08-18-2008, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wisnu
Salamualaikum.

Yes. Ive been throu those hard phases. It was started in 2005, I was doing Taraweh and suddenly the thougts came out of the blue. I was trembled, I was scared to death, and I felt alone, I said to my self that it was impossible for me to tell this to everyone as I was afraid they would think Im crazY! doh...

It disappeared after I spent so many naights crying and begging.

Last few weeks, the thoughts came again even stronger, such an ironic, I had those blasphemy when I was in Majlis Dzikr, I was trembled and fallen to pieces, I thought I was a munafiqun who have "illnesses in their heart", but thats not the case. I browsed in the internet relating to my symptoms, and apparently I have this Obsessive unwanted thoughts. it is close to OCD.
I couldnt sleep, I didnt go to work, I hardly did anything. How could I eat, work, sleep while my Iman is damage? But insha Allah, that is not the case. It is a test. I kept searching in the internet ... but they didnt satisfy me,
I was longing for islamic explanations, subhanallah, I have found it.
It is waswas.

And the idea how you overcome with such unwanted and disturbing thoughts, you may find them in this forum, check again, many good people have explain, esp those who have been throu this.

The stronger your fear is, the stronger the thoughts have the power.. when you are less fear, the thoughts will be weaker insha Allah. but its easy to say, yes indeed, but nothing is impossible for Allah. down on your knee and pray, cry:cry:, beg, I used to mention in details what I felt in my prayer, my fear, anxious, my worries, and come up with blasphemious thoughts and I seeked refugee, forgiveness and power to cope with these thoughts, and tears in prayers really help a lot, that surely helps insha Allah.

And one thing for sure, Shodaqoh-to needy people, to the closest relatives, to donate to your nearest Mosque, they will insha Allah fasten your prayer. Wallahu alam bishawab

A friend said to me (and she has decent knowledge in Islam), it is a good sign, the tests insha Allah will bring you to higher Maqom. I asked to a Ulama, Hasan Shahab, and he said it is relatively normal.

"And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of FEAR and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient," (Al Baqoroh - 155). :)

subhanALLAH,i love being a Muslim

its like all my problems have goen through others as well,i always thought i was the only one.very hard and depressing

so sture,im not a emotional person,thus is very hard for me to cry in Salat,doesnt matter how long n hard i try,i even began to think me not being able to cry ment that i was a bad Muslim

i us eto Ask ALLAH (SWA) to make me of those who wept out of fear and love for him n now wen i really do mean it its easy for me to cry and you feel so so so much satisfaction afterwards.Alhamdulilah it feels so great..it has a lasting effect on u for while also

JazakALLAh Khair for sharing.May ALLAH (SWA) rewrd you,Insh ALLAH,Ameen

wisnu
08-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Alhamdulillah ...

Alhamdulillah Sister. Jazzakallah Khoir ....

You are not alone. We are not alone. We, as moslems, have to stick together in good or bad times. And Allah Will Help us, insha Allah.

I still have the thoughts, but they are now weaker. It is not because I have stronger faith, but it is Allah Gives me strength by showing me this forum and these people who have the same problems. Believe this, Allah Will NEVER do you harm. NEVER.

I'll pray for you and others, please pray for me too.

Salamualaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.