/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best Internet Browser in the world!

akulion
10-19-2006, 03:50 PM
salam alaikum

Well often people keep taking about browser this and browser that and mine is better and mine can do this yada yada

So I thought..hey how about a tour of the worlds best browser :D Yup you guessed it ladies and gentlemen...Firefox!

A few reasons why Firefox is better.....

The experts recommend it and as a result its won award after award....

PHP runs faster on Firefox!
That means forum systems like Li will load a LOT LOT noticibly faster on Firefox! Try it today to see for yourself. Its free.

Tabbed browsing better than ever.....Browse multiple pages at the same time.

Automatic Updates:
The new Software Update feature makes it easy to get the latest security and feature updates to Firefox. Firefox automatically downloads these small updates in the background and prompts you when they are ready to be installed.

Stronger Security
Firefox keeps you more secure when you’re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.

Customize the way your browser looks with 10000's of themes!!!!!!

[/td]

Add-ons for everything you could ever imagine!!!!

Answers Add-on

Hold down Alt (or Option on a Mac) and click on any word to get a quick definition, an up-to-the-minute reference and more. You don't even need to highlight the word!

Foxy Tunes

Do you listen to Nasheeds while surfing the Web or Quran Recitations?
Now you can control your favorite media player without ever leaving the browser and more...

Had enough? Well ok maybe just 1 more :D lol

Access millions of simileys with a single click! TOTALLY Spyware and Adware free - firefox guranteed!

MillBar Toolbar & Smiley Xtra
2 addons which add a whole databse of smileys for you to use in any forum in any email in any place on the net!!! Nothing to type, just double click....
Examples of some of the smileys from my browser:

And soooo much more!!!!

And no Firefox isnt paying me for this lol - I just wanted to share this with everyone so everyone could browse the net faster, better, securer and with more fun...

To download free right now click >> GET FIREFOX

Bro Aku

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
10-19-2006, 04:01 PM
oh and one more thing i forgot to add

After you install Firefox - be sure to go to their Plugins page and get Flash player and the other players for fre from there.

since a new browser installation will require those plugins to be authorized for the new browser :D

Aku - over and out

Woodrow
10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I like crazy Browser. It don't do much, but it has a nice name.

Crazy Browser is a powerful Web browser. It provides many features that make surfing the web more comfortable and less confusing. It has the ability to open multiple sites and windows inside a single browser task. This Web browser also has a Smart Pop-up Blocker - it blocks all the annoying pop-ups automatically!

This free Web Browser has full support for Windows XP Theme and P3P privacy policy and JavaScript error suppression.... It can handle multiple monitors and has tab status indicators. Annoying ad windows can be removed automatically and multiple pages can be saved and reopened together. Crazy Browser comes with many preconfigured search engines, but you can extend it to use your own.

February 12, 2006 Crazy Browser 3.0 Beta2 released

Download Now
It's freeware, no ads, no spyware

To a tabbed Web browser, what is the most important thing? That is stable, if you used to open dozens of tab, but the browser always crashs, what do you think? Now, you have choice - Crazy Browser, Crazy Browser is the most stable tabbed Web browser! By the way, it's freeware, totaly free, no ads, no spyware.

Highlights

Tabbed Browsing
It has the ability to open multiple sites and windows inside a single browser task.Web pages are organized on tabs to prevent your screen from getting cluttered.

Customizable Mouse Navigation (Mouse Gesture)
A fast way to control the Web Browser. Mouse gestures can provide quick access to common functions of Crazy Browser.

Plug-ins
Currently, Crazy Browser supports for 3 kinds of plug-ins: COM Objects, Scripts and Executable Files.

Built-in Smart Pop-up Blocker
Crazy Browser allows you to prevent most pop-up windows from appearing over pages you want to view while you're using the Internet.

Groups: You can set up several different groups of sites that all open on different tabs with just one click.
Multimedia Data Loading: Control the download of multimedia, ActiveX, Images, Videos...
Handle multiple monitors
Tab status indicators
Middle mouse button click on links open on new tab
Security: Crazy Browser has full support for P3P privacy policy and zone-based security assignments.
Zooming Web page
Discover more superb features

Copyright © 2000 - 2006 CrazyBrowser.com - All Rights Reserved.

Actually I use several Browsers. I do use firefox quite often. I like the ease of Slimbrowser but when I am using more then one monitor I use crazy browser. I know when does a person use more then one monitor, answer: when they have monitors and keyboards in more then one room. Although I seldom use the other keyboard and monitor, I like to use crazy browser when I do.

To be honest I don't care what browser I use as long as it is not IE,

akulion
10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
be sure to try firefox out too bro

it will change ur internet life TRULY!

but one thing: dont use IE - it is now officially the most BUGGIEST browser in the world currently - followed by "AOL"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
be sure to try firefox out too bro

it will change ur internet life TRULY!

but one thing: dont use IE - it is now officially the most BUGGIEST browser in the world currently - followed by "AOL"
Third runner up has to be the MSN browser, it is trying to become the world's buggiest. If there is anybody who has not installed the AOL browser, I advise them not to, it is easier to get rid of most viruses than to undo that monster.

I do use firefox quite often. It all depends on what I am doing. Crazy browser does not have a lot of firefox's features but it has one feature I do like. I can divide the screen and have up to 4 windows visible at the same time. Very handy when comparing things.

Slim browser is nice for the way the tabs are organised, but that is probably because I have used slimbrowser for a long time and am very accustomed to it. right now since I am stuck on dial-up I do not get full use of all of firefox's benefits. to me it seems firefox is designed for high speed internet and I am still in the stoneage.

sameer
10-19-2006, 05:20 PM
hmm i wonder if mozilla pay u guys?;D

i must admit though..i like/use firefox.
Ever notice how IE tends to crash a lot?

DigitalStorm82
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
I use Avant and Firefox

They are both good...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
:sl:

Access millions of simileys with a single click! TOTALLY Spyware and Adware free - firefox guranteed!

MillBar Toolbar & Smiley Xtra
2 addons which add a whole databse of smileys for you to use in any forum in any email in any place on the net!!! Nothing to type, just double click....
Examples of some of the smileys from my browser:
Are you positive that its spyware, adware, malware, virus free?

If so, i want that!

:w:

akulion
10-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Milli Toolbar is not that useful since it takes u to a page to get the smileys from

but the Smiley Xtra one ive been using since about 2 months and havent had any problems at all - so get that one :D

Pk_#2
10-19-2006, 06:13 PM
wooot i got the best internet browser *rolls eyes*

The Ruler
10-19-2006, 08:09 PM

its in arabic...how do you change it to english or can you not :?

Eric H
10-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Greetings bro. akulion;

Now about this super Firefox you have been telling us all about, the best thing since the wheel.

I have just downloaded it and it seems slower than IE which I have been using, and it is also very jumpy when I scoll down the page.

Sadly I still have ME on my computer, will that make a difference; any tips !!

Take care,

Eric

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-19-2006, 09:37 PM

Eric, try adding this extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1269/

Also, Google Web Accelarator is very useful.

Heres a list of Must Have Extensions:

Download Statusbar
1-Click Weather
Dictionary Tooltip
DownloadThemAll
AdBlock Plus
AdBlock Filterset G.Updater
Google Toolbar for Firefox
Tabbrowser Preferences
Minimize to Tray
GooglePreview
ErrorZila Mod

Just type each on here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/extensions/

in the upper right corner in the Search Bar.

jzcasejz
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaan...That Browswer Was Really Good..But From Now I'm Back On IE As Whenever I Open Firefox...It Takes Up 4 Times The Required Memory And Never Loads Up...When B4 It Used 2 Work Fine...Das Y I Deleted It...Any1 Know Wtz Up?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-19-2006, 09:43 PM

^ Maybe you have alot of extensions. I do too..but i feel its better over all even tho firefox tends to crash alot now.

muslim786
10-19-2006, 09:46 PM

to keep your browser spyware and malware free use spywareblaster
I kept getting trojans even with firefox browser, but with this program have had no problems download here http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

akulion
10-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Bre Eric

I havent used FF on ME - so it might not work as well on that, im not sure.

But on XP - wow it sure works fast and good :D

aku

*noor
10-19-2006, 11:54 PM
i think firefox really is the best. it's like twice as fast as internet explorer.

blue_dew
10-20-2006, 03:45 AM
i hardly use IE since installing firefox. It is better than IE!

akulion
10-20-2006, 02:17 PM
i used to use IE all the time before (when I was new to the net)

I think IE us in majority used by people mainly cos it came with Windows....

But there are so many better alternatives to IE currently.

The biggest flaw in IE is that it comes with windows lol as a result it suffers all the vunrabliities windows does plus more internet related ones too. Only recently 1200+ computers got hacked via IE cos a security loophole was discovered. It sucks - so better be safe than be sorry

Mawaddah
10-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I just use IE and I'm fine with it :D

I had firefox before and like how someone mentioned, it was very jumpy and jammy and all of that :-\

This new update for IE....IE7 is it any good?

Woodrow
10-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Unless things have been updated recently the new IE7 is a Beta version. To be honest I have been burned so often with Micro-soft's Beta versions I will not download any Micro-soft Beta. To me it seems that when MS releases a Beta it only means they have not gotten all the bugs out and release it to wait for the complaints and then just fix the common complaints and then release it as the final version. I got tired of being a guinea pig for MS.

akulion
10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I dont have anything against microsoft - after all I use MS Windows and word etc

But their browser is something I would caution everyone against simply because it has the worst history as far as hacking and security loopholes is concerned.

It is not uncommon to see major reports like this one on BBC and other major newspapers regarding IE often.

On the other hand: Opera, Firefox and many others, you hardly get to see anything in the news about them cos they dont suffer such major slipups.

Bittersteel
10-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Opera all the way.

The Ruler
10-20-2006, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

its in arabic...how do you change it to english or can you not :?

[S]
mmm...mm...anyone :?
[/S]

akulion
10-20-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
Opera all the way.
personally the only reason I dont like opera is because it takes away from the users web experience by preventing Java from running properly and also the way it handles DHTML (a web based language) has been widely criticized by everyone around the net.

Plus its got adverts on it.

Woodrow
10-20-2006, 03:51 PM

[S]
[/S]

I must be missing something, what is in Arabic?

akulion
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM

[S]
[/S]

lol its not in arabic :P

u must have downloaded their arabic pack or something...

go to http://getfirefox.com and download the file featured right in front - ots 100% english

The Ruler
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM

ok i clicked on the link and this is what comes up...

and i did downloadyesterday from the same thingamajig...and it all comes in arabic :confused:

muzna
10-20-2006, 04:05 PM
firefox is the best definitely...powerful pop up blocker and easy tabbing...

akulion
10-20-2006, 04:13 PM

ok i clicked on the link and this is what comes up...

and i did downloadyesterday from the same thingamajig...and it all comes in arabic :confused:

u must have ur language settings in window set to arabic or something - dont know for sure

i get the same button but with english

To get a direct link to english click the link below:
http://www.mozilla.com/products/down...win&lang=en-US

The Ruler
10-20-2006, 04:17 PM

thanks...its loading..i just hope it works out alright :).......

it did work :D:D:D

------
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
:salamext:

*BUMP

Firefox is WAY better than IE. It rocks!

Ali.
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM

I use IE at the moment and it's fine, no need to download Firefox :).

NoName55
03-27-2008, 06:24 PM
overall Internet Explorer is the best for windows, faster, more compatible, less resource hungry than the alien firefox which is childisly easy to exploit except that no one bothers with it because everyone is on "bash bill gates" bandwagon,

http://home.comcast.net/~SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html
http://www.webdevout.net/firefox-myths

Uthman
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM

Browsers go head-to-head

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.