/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegation against Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid

kadafi
06-21-2005, 08:15 PM
:sl:

Not too long ago, I once read an article slandering Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid by labelin' him as the head of Qutubiyyah. Consequently, many Muslims shunned the website and the fatwas pusblished.

Firstly, the allegation that the Shaykh is a qutbi is groundless since he himself has refuted that allegation at the following link:

He was asked:

Our Shaykh, I love you for the sake of Allaah and I hope that you can tell me how to silence those who slander the scholars. There are people who accuse you of being extreme in labeling others as kaafirs and of Qutbi (a group that claims to base its ideas on the writings of Sayyid Qutb) _ as they call it. What is your answer? Please note that I am _ as Allaah knows _ one of those who love you for the sake of Allaah.

He answered (excerpts only -- see full link for detailed reply):

With regard to what you have said in your question, we advise you to keep away from everyone who speaks about your Muslim brothers or slanders them, or accuses them and casts aspersion on their intentions. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "O you who have spoken the words of faith but faith has not entered your hearts! Do not backbite about the Muslims or seek our their faults, for whoever seeks out their faults, Allaah will seek out his faults even if he is his house." Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 4880; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

It is also necessary for you to advise these people to fear Allaah and refrain using such labels and names that divide the Muslims. With regard to offering advice and correcting mistakes, this should not be done by means of exposing people's faults or casting aspersions on their intentions etc.

And

Moreover, everyone who levels an accusation against another person must provide proof:

"Say (O Muhammad), Produce your proof if you are truthful"

[al-Baqarah 2:111]

"Since they produce not witnesses, they are the liars in the sight of Allaah"

[al-Noor 24:13]

This problem is widespread among some of those who claim to be religiously-guided, may Allaah guide them, for they make accusations against people on grounds that are not regarded as something worthy of criticism in sharee'ah or that do not undermine a person's religious commitment.

Then they do not bring any proof of that, and they follow their own whims and desires, because it is human nature to appoint oneself as judge, praising and condemning on a whim.

In other words, the Shaykh has been accused without any basis or actual evidence.

The only so-called "evidence" that they have against the Shaykh is that the directed a Muslimah to theal-Muntada al-Islaami centre in London.

He wrote:
_ Look for Muslim sisters with whom you can make friends and be in touch, so that they can help you to learn the religion and remain steadfast in following it. There follows the telephone number of al-Muntada al-Islami in London, so you can call them and ask about the times of women's classes; this may be a starting point for you, since you live in the U.K. [44-207-7369060]

They base this evidence as an starting point that he adheres to that manhaj since the Al-Muntada Al-Islaami centre [allegedly] follows the manhaj of the Suuori/Qutbi.

Once again, an allegation that is unfounded. The al-Muntada al-Islaami centre in London promotes Islam in its true form, which is based on the 'aqeeda and manhaj of Ahlu As-Sunnah Wal-Jama'ah.

In their about-us page, they wrote:
Al-Muntada Al-Islami was initiated in Britain in 1406H in order to act as one of the principles of the Sunnah and Jama’a creed. This establishment is intended to follow the path of Al-Sunnah Al-Jama’a and call Muslims to believe in Allah and remind them of their method in neither excess nor deficiency.

http://www.almuntada.org.uk/aboutus.htm

Furthermore, Shaykh Salih bin Abdulaziz Al Shaykh visited that institution and praised it for their correct manner of propagting Islam. Since the link where it was posted does not work at the moment, some one else posted on a forum which I will quote:

In the name of Allah – the Most Merciful – the Dispenser of Mercy

Praise be to Allah, and the Salaah and the Salaam of Allah be upon the Messenger of Allah, his family, his companions and whoever is guided by
his guidance.

Today, particularly this Tuesday evening, 7/8th/2/1422 AH, I was delighted to pay a visit to al-Muntada al-Islami in a short time, with a hope to re-visit.

I found it to be a centre needed by Muslims to fulfil the need in this country and elsewhere. Thus, al-Muntada al-Islami is thanked for its endeavour in its devotion to the Sunnah and Da’wah to the ‘Aqeedah of the Salaf as-Saalih, and its communication with the scholars and its inclination towards their [scholars’] Minhaaj.

I pray to Allah that He actualises for us all that we hope for, from honour of Islaam, and the elevation of the Muslims, in the shade of distinct Manhaj of as-Salaf as-Saalih.

And may the Salaah of Allah be upon our Prophet Muhammad.

Saalih bin ‘Abdil-‘Azeez Aal-ash-Sheikh
Minister of Islaamic Affairs
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

end quote

In addition, no major scholar made tazkiya on the institution. Here, I have dicussed that the so-called [evidence] is not probative but rather filmsy.

I hope insha'Allah, this post will will once and for all settle the slanderous allegations leveled against this Shaykh.

May Allah (Exalted is He) bless him for the amount of service that he provided for the Ummah.

Please note this topic has no sectarian intention but rather addressin' a misconception that many Muslims hold about the islamqa.com website.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
madeenahsh
07-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Asalaam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

May I ask where did you get this information from?

Barakatullahi feekh

Wasalaam alykum

S_87
07-05-2005, 02:21 PM
JazakaAllah khair for that

one person also called him a sufi???

i think it was some people on salafitalk who were dissing him . :(

kadafi
07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
JazakaAllah khair for that

one person also called him a sufi???

i think it was some people on salafitalk who were dissing him . :(

Salafitalk members are the Salafi brothers who Ibn Uthaymeen(May Allaah have Mercy on him) warned us about. They even accused Dr. Bilaal Philiphs of innovation.

He said:

From his [the Prophet] sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam's statement,

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah",

It can be learnt that if parties (ahzaab) within the ummah emerge in increasing numbers then one should not affiliate himself to a party (hizb). In the past, many groups have appeared; Khwaarij, Mu'tazilah, Jahmiyyah, Shee'ah, even Raafidah. Then there appeared, later on Ikhwanis, Salafis, Tablighis, and all those like them. Put all of them to one side and take [the path] ahead. Which is what the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallaam guided to, "Adhere to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs." No doubt, it is obligatory for all Muslims to adopt the way of the salaf as their madhhab, not affiliation to a specific party (hizb) named, "The Salafis". It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

What is the objective? Following the Salaf. Why? The salafi brothers are the closest sect to that which is right, no doubt, but their problem is the same as others, that some of these sects declare others as being misguided, they declare them to be innovators and as being sinners. We don't censure this, if they deserve it, but we censure handling this bid'ah in this way. It is obligatory for the leaders of these sects to get together and say, "Between us is the book of Allah, and the Sunnah of His messenger, so lets us judge by them and not according to desires, opinions and not according to personalities. Everyone makes mistakes and achieves correctness no matter what he has reached with regards to knowledge and worship. Infallibility is [only] in the religion of Islam."

In this hadeeth the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallaam guided to the way in which a person secures himself. He doesn't affiliate him to any sect, only the way of the salaf as-salih, to the Sunnah of our Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallaam and the rightly guided caliphs.
Sharh of An-Nawawi's 40 hadeeth

Asalaam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Barakatullahi feekh

Wasalaam alykum
:w: akhee,

What do you mean exactly?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by madeenahsh
If you mean the article, he wrote it himself. If you mean the quotes, it was from Shaykh Munajjid's site.

format_quote Originally Posted by jannah
Bilaal Philips is another brother ppl slander and say things about him...i advice ppl to read his books! He is a brother upon Quran and Sunnah Insha Allah! May Allah protect him!
This Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid is subhanallah a great shaykh...i read alot of his books and they are authentic...i don't know why ppl say things about him! May Allah Guide us all!
I agree, well said, mash'Allah.

snipeaac
07-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Hmm by the way, Dr.Saleh as Saleh (one of the students of Ibn al-Uthaymeen) warned against associating with Saleh al-Munajjid. Also I heard from Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree warn against Saleh al-Munajjid. So those "Salafitalk" brothers were 100% correct.

Silver Pearl
07-26-2005, 12:02 PM
:w: warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

Jizakallah khair for the article brother.

Had those who slander sheikhs stopped and dwelled only in their own sins and feared for their own self surely they'd see their own errors. Judging others and picking the flaws of others is yet another trick of the shaytan. It makes us forget of our own faluts, instead we only pile up the sins we already have. It saddens me to see this act shown amongst our brothers and sisters wallahi :'(

Ya rabb, ehdeena siratul mustakeen....

panIslamist
07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snipeaac
Hmm by the way, Dr.Saleh as Saleh (one of the students of Ibn al-Uthaymeen) warned against associating with Saleh al-Munajjid. Also I heard from Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree warn against Saleh al-Munajjid. So those "Salafitalk" brothers were 100% correct.
For those we may not know, Dr. Saleh gives a lecture on Paltalk almost everyday at 9 PM Makkah time. You can access his site at understand-islam.net.

And there is no salafitalk connection here.

Abu Zakariya
07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
As-salaamu 'alaykum

If you want to see what time the lecture by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh will be where you live, you can check it out at this site, insha'Allah:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_SA.aspx

HumbleServant
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Sheikh Munajjid is one of the few scholars who backs up EVERYTHING he says. He never quotes a hadeeth without full details about it and so on.

Any person can understand one who speaks TRUTH, with one who speaks OPINIONATED FALSITY. out of all the scholars - sheikh munajjid is one whom i rely on, due to his extensive explanation for everything he said.

If anyone wants to slander him or any scholar, so be it, but the slanderers punishment from the Lord Amighty on Yawm-ul-qiyaamah will be worse, and far more embarassing for them.

so slander all u like, Oh ignorant fools! little do you understand, that this is a time for muslims to pull together! Not spend time in spreading rumours and lies about others! What good do you get out of accusing others!

May Allah protect and safeguard His righteous servants, and grant them all patience for the difficulty they endure.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.