/* */

PDA

View Full Version : iz he my bro ??..

AnonymousPoster
10-20-2006, 01:44 AM
:sl: im kinda new here.. so ye sori if i posted in the wrong section..
wel i'm a bit confused..
well i drank this ladies milk , & with me her daughter also,who iz 1 yr elder thn me, so she obviously becomes my milk-sister .. (i think thats wat u call it) , wel from that same lady my DISTANT COUSIN drank her milk 4 yrs before me.. ? so i wud like to know does that make him my brother(m-bro) and iz it ok to marry him (not tht m gona..)??? :?
thnx,
repli ASAP plz.. il b waiting thnx
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2006, 01:47 AM
it only counts if your below the age of 4 when drinking the milk accordin to yasir abu ammar qadhi

Allahu Allam

Snowflake
10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
As far as I remember reading, you cannot marry him. But I'll be back with some evidence inshaAllah.

Snowflake
10-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Here..

{And do not marry women whom your fathers married except what has already passed. It was indeed obscene, hateful and an evil way. (22) Forbidden to you in marriage are: your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's sisters, your sister's daughters, your wet nurse, your 'sisters' by nursing, your wives mothers, your step daughters under your guardianship born of your wives with whom you have consummated - if you did not consummate then there is no sin upon you, the wives of your blood sons, two sisters at the same time, except for that which has already passed. Verily, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (23) And those already married except those whom your right hand possesses (through capture). Allah's ordinance upon you. And allowed for you are all besides these if you seek them with your property seeking chastity not fornication... (24)} An-Nisaa:22-24

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
:sl:

does it matter though that they were breast feed at different times? :?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2006, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

does it matter though that they were breast feed at different times? :?
i dont thnk so, u just hav to be infants at the time :?

im startin to think it was below the age of 2 now, wat three year old still takes mummy's milk :uuh:

is this for the sisters section :uuh: :? :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
:salamext:

For breast-feeding to have the effect of making a child a relative (mahram), two conditions must be met:

(1) The number of breast-feedings should be five or more, because of the hadith of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), who said: "When the Qur’an was first revealed, the number of breast-feedings that would make a child a relative (mahram) was ten, then this was abrogated and replaced with the number of five which is well-known." (Reported by Muslim, no. 1452).

(2) This should happen within the first two years of the child’s life, because of the hadith: "Harmalah ibn Yahya told us that ‘Abdullah ibn Wahb told us that Ibn Lahimah informed us from Abu al-Aswad from ‘Urwah from ‘Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr that the Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) said: "There is no breast-feeding except what fills the stomach to bursting point." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no. 1946; see also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 7495).
Islam Q&A
Read full article HERE

:wasalamex

DigitalStorm82
10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Allah mentioned in surat al-nisaa', 4:23 (interpretation of the meaning):

Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (who breast-fed you), foster-sisters (who breast-fed from the same woman as you); your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives with whom you have consummated marriage, no prohibition if ye have not consummated; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

It's clearly stated in the Quranic verses that persons breast-fed by the same woman are brothers and sisters... any hadith which goes against the Quran should be rejected.

Mujahidah4Allah
10-20-2006, 01:32 PM

yeah this reminds me of a story this man and woman to get married who were fed by the same woman, she came to the wedding before they got their nikaah done she told them they cant get married because she fed them both... so yeh be careful..

ma'salamah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-20-2006, 03:43 PM
oh wow thats a close one!

amirah_87
10-20-2006, 05:07 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Allahu Alam but it'd depend on how many times you drank the milk.. if it was more than fives times then you fall under that hukm (according to shiekh uthaymeen rahimahullah).
If you did drink it more than fives times then he is your brother.

Some Scholars May Allah have mercy on them say that this depends if the weaning happened within the first two years of the child's life. and other's say otherwise..
but there's also a hadeeth that Sahaabiyah "Sahla" was concerned about the growth and maturity of a boy that was living with her and that she'd rasied.. she went to the Prophet salalaah alayhi wasallam about this,then He ordered her to give Him breastmilk..

Wallahu A'lam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!