/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iran warns of israel revenge

nishom
10-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Iran warns of revenge over Israel

Ahmadinejad has questioned the extent of the Holocaust many times
Iran's president has warned that Muslims around the world will take revenge on states who supported Israel against the Palestinians.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad again questioned the extent of the Holocaust, when German Nazis murdered six million Jews.

Israel was founded on "claims about the Holocaust" for which the Palestinians were paying the price, he told a rally.

He was speaking on Jerusalem Day, when there are large demonstrations in Iran in support of the Palestinians.

BBC Tehran correspondent Frances Harrison says the tone of the speech was hardline, even by Mr Ahmadinejad's standards.

Implicit threat

Mr Ahmadinejad called Israel's leaders a "group of terrorists" and appeared to threaten any country that supports it.

Even if we assume the Holocaust is true, then why should the Palestinians pay the price for it

Iran's proud and discreet Jews

"You imposed a group of terrorists... on the region. It is in your own interest to distance yourself from these criminals... This is an ultimatum. Don't complain tomorrow."

The "ultimatum" was directed at European states in particular.

"We have advised the Europeans that the Americans are far away, but you are the neighbours of the nations in this region," Mr Ahmadinejad said.

"We inform you that the nations are like an ocean that is welling up, and if a storm begins, the dimensions will not stay limited to Palestine, and you may get hurt."

'Israeli insecurity'

Mr Ahmadinejad said Israel no longer had any reason to exist and would soon disappear. "This regime, thanks to God, has lost the reason for its existence. Efforts to stabilise this fake regime, by the grace of God, have completely failed."

Mr Ahmadinejad said: "Even if we assume the Holocaust is true, then why should the Palestinians pay the price for it."

He said millions of Israelis should go back to their countries of origin.

Mr Ahmadinejad said Lebanese Hezbollah militants had shattered the myth of Israel's military power, so that "Zionists" in their homes in various corners of the world, could not now enjoy security.

The Iranian president has regularly questioned the extent of the Holocaust, and been a trenchant critic of Israel.

In 2004 he drew widespread and angry international criticism when he approvingly quoted comments by Ayatollah Khomeini that Israel's existence should be brought to an end.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
10-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Iran is going to talk their way into a bad situation.

wilberhum
10-20-2006, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Iran is going to talk their way into a bad situation.
He has already done that. The question is how bad a situation he is going to talk himself into.

Dahir
10-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I think its time for Ahmadinejad to shut his trap -- NOW!

If he doesn't want Tehran to go back to the stone age, he'd better not mess with Israel.

If his plans are to 'wipe Israel off the map' he'd better be ready, which he isn't.

I also don't like that he's using Palestine as the backbone of his rabid agenda.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
This may be very interesting. Israel will not allow Iran to get Nuclear Weapons most likley, so like Iraq they may very well attack with air power. This could lead to a regional war and the deaths of a lot more inncoent than guilty.

Joe98
10-22-2006, 11:53 PM
What is the problem with Iran?

Now they are threatening to attack Europe.

Even during the cold war, the Russians and the Americans never threatened each other the way Iran does!

MTAFFI
10-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Iran is out of control, their government is controlled primarily by extremist, including Ahmadinejad. He thinks he has all of this power and that he is going to go to war and win, but i dont think her realizes just what he is contending with. Not just the US but Europe, India, etc. He needs to quit trying to provoke a war and concentrate on his own countries problems. (unemployment for example) And to think that this man wonders why everyone questions his nuclear ambitions, how about the fact that everytime he gets a chance he threatens international peace.

Dahir
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Iran is out of control, their government is controlled primarily by extremist, including Ahmadinejad. He thinks he has all of this power and that he is going to go to war and win, but i dont think her realizes just what he is contending with. Not just the US but Europe, India, etc. He needs to quit trying to provoke a war and concentrate on his own countries problems. (unemployment for example) And to think that this man wonders why everyone questions his nuclear ambitions, how about the fact that everytime he gets a chance he threatens international peace.
True. I think Iran has a great economy, very self-sufficient and forward too. I think Ahmadinejad would be prized by Iranians if he made the economy the #1 priority. He's not bad for his people, in my opinion. But he should look steadfast to becoming a power through economy.

MTAFFI
10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
True. I think Iran has a great economy, very self-sufficient and forward too. I think Ahmadinejad would be prized by Iranians if he made the economy the #1 priority. He's not bad for his people, in my opinion. But he should look steadfast to becoming a power through economy.
i wouldnt say he is horrible but i would say that is economy is not in very good shape. Iran has 40% of its people living in poverty and an almost 12% unemployment rate (which has been going down, but is still not at all impressive) When you say their economy I agree, the oil will always keep Irans economy afloat, but i do worry about their people, especially since many are not as educated as some nations and they have Mr. Ahmadinejad constantly filling their head with propoganda.

I figured i would leave a website so you or anyone could look over the figures and see what you think for yourself

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...k/geos/ir.html

Dahir
10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
i wouldnt say he is horrible but i would say that is economy is not in very good shape. Iran has 40% of its people living in poverty and an almost 12% unemployment rate (which has been going down, but is still not at all impressive) When you say their economy I agree, the oil will always keep Irans economy afloat, but i do worry about their people, especially since many are not as educated as some nations and they have Mr. Ahmadinejad constantly filling their head with propoganda.

I figured i would leave a website so you or anyone could look over the figures and see what you think for yourself

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...k/geos/ir.html
Those figures look pretty good for a developing nation. The key thing is that each slot in those statistics is growing. The numbers are much higher than before.

Iran, unlike much of the Middle East, reserves its oil and sells to the highest bidder. Iran is loyal to its people, not anyone else.

Iran is also highly dependant on industry -- manufacturing. Iran makes its own cars and military equipment, a very good sign of things to come.

MTAFFI
10-24-2006, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Those figures look pretty good for a developing nation. The key thing is that each slot in those statistics is growing. The numbers are much higher than before.

Iran, unlike much of the Middle East, reserves its oil and sells to the highest bidder. Iran is loyal to its people, not anyone else.

Iran is also highly dependant on industry -- manufacturing. Iran makes its own cars and military equipment, a very good sign of things to come.
I agree with that

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.