/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shesha

SHAH G
10-20-2006, 04:24 PM
:sl: 2 ALL
are we allowed 2 smoke hooka i mean the hooka dat taste lyk apple n u can
get different tastes cos i heard u can take it and ther is no harm n not much 2bacco init sorri 4 my writin i'm in a hurry

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
:sl:

im guessing that since there still is some tobacc in it, it will cause some effects over time...so im guessing its haram :?

:w:

Kittygyal
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Assalamualikum Warahmatullahi warbarakathuhu
oh i used to somke that && ya it does like apple but you know what it is harmful i aint sure if your allowed tho humm will find out inshallah ;)
Wailakumassalam warahmatullhi Warbarakathuhu

muzna
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
i heard that it was more dangerous than cigarette..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
10-20-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna

i dont think he is talking about the usual shesha that not-so-cool people have :)

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
sheeeeeeeeeeshaaaaa LOL

haram?

err i dun fink so!!

If tobacco int haraam, tis makruh, wah makes sheesha haraam?

I duno,

buh try all da flavours LOL

Tc...

dun listen to me!

S_87
10-20-2006, 04:50 PM

^ smoking is haraam sis :)

the scholars also deem shisha as haram.....

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 04:51 PM
:rollseyes It is?

Proof? Please!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2006, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna

same here

S_87
10-20-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
:rollseyes It is?

Proof? Please!

for smoking?

SHAH G
10-20-2006, 06:30 PM
scholars is different ting cos it's there own point of view i want to know if you can take it cos there so little 2bacco and i aint gunna smoke everyday jus there and then u know

DigitalStorm82
10-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

Perhaps you know that all nations of the world – Muslim and kaafir alike – have now started to fight smoking, because they know that it is very harmful. Islam forbids everything that is harmful, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There should be no harming or reciprocating harm.”

Undoubtedly there are foods and drinks which are beneficial and good, and others which are harmful and bad. Allaah described our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the following terms (interpretation of the meaning):

“he allows them as lawful At Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)

[al-A’raaf 7:157]

Is smoking one of the good and lawful things (al-tayyibaat) or one of the evil and unlawful things (al-khabaa’ith)?

Secondly: it was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah forbids you to trade gossip, to ask too many questions and to waste money.” And Allaah forbade wasteful extravagance when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“and eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allaah) likes not Al Musrifoon (those who waste by extravagance) [al-A’raaf 7:31]

And He described the slaves of the Most Merciful as follows (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who, when they spend, are neither extravagant nor niggardly, but hold a medium (way) between those (extremes)” [al-Furqaan 25:67]

The whole world now knows that the money spent on smoking is to be considered as money wasted, from which no benefit is gained; indeed, it is money spent on something harmful. If the money which is spent on smoking worldwide were to be collected, it could have saved entire populations who have died of starvation. Is there anyone more foolish that one who holds a dollar bill and sets fire to it? What is the difference between him and the one who smokes? Indeed, the smoker is more foolish, because the folly of the one who burns a dollar bill ends there, whilst the one who smokes burns his money and also harms his body.

Thirdly: how many disasters have been caused by smoking, because of cigarette butts which are thrown away and cause fires. Other disasters have been caused in other ways, as when a house was burned down with its occupants inside, when a man lit his cigarette when there was a gas leak.

Fourthly: how many people are offended by the smell of smokers, especially when you are unfortunate enough to have one of them standing next to you in the mosque. Probably any nasty smell is easier to bear than the smell of the smoker’s mouth when he has just woken up. It is amazing how many women can put up with the smell of their husbands’ mouths! The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade those who had eaten garlic or onions from coming to the mosque so that they would not offend their fellow-worshippers with their smell. The smell of onions and garlic is easier to bear than the smell of the smoker and his mouth.

These are some of the reasons why smoking is haraam.

Shaykh Sa’d al-Humayd

Also check out these fatawah

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=smoking

Kittygyal
10-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Assalamulaikum Warahmatullahi Warabarakathuhu
Akhi smaoking is Haram && also there && then is simple to say but trust you get addicted to it, i myself used a take it but taking that can lead to illness so becareful okay
WalikumAssalam Warahmatullahi Warbarakthuhu

~Stranger~
10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Perhaps you know that all nations of the world – Muslim and kaafir alike – have now started to fight smoking, because they know that it is very harmful. Islam forbids everything that is harmful, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There should be no harming or reciprocating harm.”

now u dont need to be a scholar to know islam wont allow us to do something that will bring nothing but harm to us.

im happy to know scholars say its haraam coz its the same principle as with alcohol- its damage and disadvantage is more that advantage

it wont kill us to use our brains from time to time, dont u agree? :)

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 10:06 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

yes Amani,

Jazakhala Digital/Stranger,

ur links aint working for me :s

Tc

*noor
10-20-2006, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHAH G
i want to know if you can take it cos there so little 2bacco and i aint gunna smoke everyday jus there and then u know
I don't have the hadith at hand now but im paraphrasing a hadith says something like If something is haraam or harmful even a little bit of it is haraam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:13 PM
shisha has tobacco in it?? does it? since when :? ooo im confuzled.. *dnt wori i aint tried it hehe*

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 10:14 PM
:O ........ oh no

*waits patiently for the hadith*

but a lil bit of alcohol is ok init?

is that off topic?

anyways Tc.. :)

~Stranger~
10-20-2006, 10:16 PM
but a lil bit of alcohol is ok init?

no alcohol- doesnt matter if little or too much- is HARAAM

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 10:17 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

that's what i thought coz lil dnt really affect you, so what's wrong with sheesha den?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
noooo, alcohol iz haram sis :-\

so what IS wrong wid sheesha?

~Stranger~
10-20-2006, 10:19 PM

alcohol=smoking= sheesha=its damage and disadvantage is more that advantage

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2006, 10:21 PM
salaam

i think anythin is haram if your addicted to it for the wrong reasons and it can intoxicate ya:D

sheesha is jus lik havin a strawberry den smokin :p

sum sheeshas jus have the flavoured tablet, which has no tobacco n sum of them do hav tobacco, so i wud say the ones with tobacco a no no, and the ones that are jus strictly no tobacco, are k:p but why imitate summin haraam? :D:D:D

lol its a two way argument innit :p

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 10:23 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

ur smileys are getting to me man,

anyways,

i just want a hadith about smoking, and it being haraam,

yeah i did say theres some wivout tobacco dint i ?

Anyways,

Hmm...

we need some scholars man!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:25 PM
yeh, but u cant say ALL sheeshaz r haram, cuz some may not hav tobaco in it.. therefore we can try it.. rite?

and u not tryn alcohol sis hmmm yh :p muhaha

~Stranger~
10-20-2006, 10:27 PM

theres a hadith of the prophet that we shoud remember that means: whateveer is doubtful should be avoided

my last entry in this subject (and forum hopefully)

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
we need some scholars man!
*puts on scholar hat* :p

:D:D:D:D :p

in surah al Maidah v 5 it says

"o ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling are an abomination of Satan's handiwork. Avoid such abominations that ye may prosper."

tobacco/fags :p are intoxicatin, therefore they are haraam :p

and smokin is like killin yourself, your payin yourself to die and that would be the same with tobacco sheesha, if u do it:p then your just dyin a slow death and tastin diff flavas :p

Allah (swt) says in surah al Baqarah v 195

" make not your own hands contribute to your destruction."

:p so by smokin ur basically jus makin ur own hands kill yaself :D

also . ....

smokin damages you from the inside and outside, aint you seen them posters of that woman, then she turns all funky :p thats all true and its bcosh of smokin!

and you cant cause yourself damage :D because it says in surah Nisa v 29

"Nor kill or destroy yourselves for verily Allah hath been to you most Merciful."

also also, smokin harms others :p and theres bare hadiths and quranic verses sayin dont harm others :p so i say brap brap :p and try to avoid tobacco cos its for the best :D:D:D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:34 PM
alreet... point made :D

but i stil dnt c how flavours like apple etc can damage ur body but hey ignore me.. :D

Pk_#2
10-20-2006, 10:35 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

not uuuuuuu

but jazakhala!

Hmm...

Mr.sscj (schilar smiley chacha jalebi)

cheers man!

QUIT USING EMMM

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2006, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
alreet... point made :D

but i stil dnt c how flavours like apple etc can damage ur body but hey ignore me.. :D
if they hav tobacco in em, then they will, but if they dont then they obviosly cant :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
if they hav tobacco in em, then they will, but if they dont then they obviosly cant :D
soooo we can stil have shisha, if we'r absolute 100% certain derz no tobaco in it.. :D:D

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2006, 10:39 PM
so lol i would say

the sheeshas dat jus hav the flavour cube wit smoke comin out r okie dokie :D

but i stil tink its kind of copyin summin haraam, you get moi :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
so lol i would say

the sheeshas dat jus hav the flavour cube wit smoke comin out r okie dokie :D

but i stil tink its kind of copyin summin haraam, you get moi :p
its juz 4 da muslims who dnt smoke or drink 2 hav a buzz :p lol jokz 8-)

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2006, 10:46 PM
now now sisters :D

tasmiyah b sounds lik she has a sheesha shop :p n muslim sista sounds lik she produces em

im jus a innocent bystander:embarrass

but yeh i wud say it aint haram, but ders no need 2 copy summin dat is haram

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:48 PM
:O how insultin lol

but i dont get u *yes i mayb dum bt das me!* u sed u wud say its not haram but theres no need 2 copy sumin dat is haram.. xflain?

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2006, 10:52 PM
like imagine u watch tv, and erm the shows crimewatch :D

now theres nothin wrong with watchin crimewatch, but to imitate the thins on crimewatch like jackin a oap, would be haraam

same wit sheesha, nutin wrong wit d non tobaco 1s, but why copy it

ya get moi blud :D:D:D :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:54 PM
i getz yer blad.. :D

jazakz 4 xplainin :D

*noor
10-20-2006, 10:56 PM
'A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about Al-Bit' (an intoxicant prepared from honey), whereupon he said: Every drink that causes intoxication is forbidden.
Bukhari

From looking at the above hadith, i think it can be concluded that anything that may harm or intoxicate you (including sheesha even the fruit flavors) is haraam. Sheesha is not healthy for you, its bad for your lungs and other things as well. Just because its not as extreme as tobacco, doesn't mean its not harmful.

wallaahu a3lam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:59 PM
BUT if it doesnt hav any tobaco in it, how does it harm ur body?! da fruits dont ^o)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-20-2006, 10:59 PM
whats harmful in shisha? can u name da fingyz plz :D

*noor
10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
found this on another forum

1. Adverse effect on pulmonary function (lungs)
Al-Fayez SF et al. Effects of Shesha and cigarette
smoking on pulmonary function of Saudi males and females. Trop Geogr Med
1988; 40: 115- 123.

2. Sheesha smoker have higher blood carboxyhaemoglobinthan cigarette smokers.
Zahran FM et al. Carboxyhaemoglobin concentrations in
smokers of sheesha and cigarettes in Saudi Arabia. Br Med J 1985; 291: 1768- 1770.
NB Haemoglobin has higher affinity for carbon monoxide than oxygen, that’s what kills you in smoke inhalation deaths.

3. Sheesha smokers have lower birth weight babies compared to non-smokers.
Nuwayhid IA et al. Narghila (Hubble- Bubble) Smoking, Low Birth Weight and Other Pregnancy Outcomes. American Journal of Epidemiology 1998; 148: 375-83.
(women smokers of course)

4. Sheesha smokers have more plaques than cigarette smokers!
im pretty sure that deliberately harming your body is haraam. :)

DigitalStorm82
10-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Its flavored! Its not fruit itself!

Sheesha is haraam people... Even if its smoke by itself... it has toxic fumes...

...and becareful of the free mixing please.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
you dudes seriously need to stop carin bout dis sheesha business, its sooo minor why take the chance of it being haram, what if allah asks u why u didnt avoid the doubtful. man jus avoid it :rant:

*noor
10-20-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
you dudes seriously need to stop carin bout dis sheesha business, its sooo minor why take the chance of it being haram, what if allah asks u why u didnt avoid the doubtful. man jus avoid it :rant:
at least somebody's making some sense here!

Umu 'Isa
10-21-2006, 04:49 AM
:salamext:
Subhan Allah, please avoid free mixing and free posting.

A review published in the medical journal Pediatrics found that the concentration of cancer-causing and addictive substances in water-pipes may be equal to those found in cigarettes, with the heat involved being sufficient to generate carcinogenic nitrosamines, and the smoldering charcoal adding some carcinogenic hydrocarbons as well as heavy metals to the smoke.[7] Similarly, a study in the November 2005 issue of the Journal of Periodontology found that the impact of water pipe smoking is equivalent in magnitude to that of cigarette smoking.[8] Ironically, use of the hookah may increase the smoker's toxic exposure, in that studies have shown that the typical hookah smoker spends more time per smoking session than do other smokers, presumably because the smoke is less immediately harsh or irritating. Thomas Eissenberg, a professor of psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University co-authored a hookah study which found that a session of hookah smoking which lasts about 45 minutes, delivers 36 times more tar, 15 times more carbon monoxide and 70% more nicotine than a single cigarette. Generally, a cigarette will last no more than 5 minutes, which makes approximatively 9 cigarettes in order to compare to the 45 minutes hookah session. A study in the Journal of Periodontology found that hookah smokers were five times more likely than non-smokers to have signs of gum disease.
Read more here

1. There is no disagreement among the physicians and sane people that smoking is harmful for health. It is one of the major causes of lung cancer and other diseases. It is also one of the major causes of death. Since, it is known that the Islamic law prohibits everything that is harmful for a human being. Allah said (interpretation of meaning):

"Do not kill yourself. Allah is Merciful unto you." (Surat al-Nisaa' 4:29)

In addition, His Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him) said:

"There is no harm or causing of harm (in Islaam)." (Arabic "laa darar wa laa diraar")

He SAWS (peace be upon him) also said:

"A person will not be able to move on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about ... his body as to what he engaged it in."

Smoking also goes against the saying of the Prophet SAWS:

"Your body has a right on you."
Rulings on smoking

CONCLUSION: Smoking hookah is haraam

muzna
10-21-2006, 06:25 AM
and you can get high smoking sheesha..ive seen people act really strange after smoking hooka

SHAH G
10-21-2006, 12:53 PM
i don't tink you can get high over hooka unless you add budda and also smoking fags you aint gunna get high you will jus damage your body the hooka has a tiny bite of tobacco all hooka has em they have alittle tobacco and then at the top they have bits of jelly lyk ting in a cup then they have foil over it with holes and then they put coal to heat it up to actavate the tobacco and jus dat you all understand dat you don't get intoxicated i aint dat stupid if you get intoxicated your imaan hovers over your head and if you die in dat state you will die as a kaffir i hope you understand and you can get high from tobacco but dats pure tobacco many guys put it under ther bottom lips it's called kubber and many people have tulsi and paan dat can affect em but it jus lyk hooka but with taste;)

Kittygyal
10-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Assalamulaikum Warahmatullahi Warabarakathuhu
Shesha doesn't get you high but it depends if you take that && then wine on top that gets you high for defnate, but i just wana say that smoking fags harm you lungs && shesha doesn't really harm you that much as smokinhg fags
WalikumAssalam Warahmatullahi Warbarakthuhu

H4RUN
10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
'smoke weed evryday' chacha, cut down on it mn! u always on a HIGH LoL, sheesha a NO NO,add sum ahem *special stuff* then i'll consider it :p:p only messin people lol [or was i?:D]

Umu 'Isa
10-21-2006, 01:14 PM
subhan Allah imsad
Did you people even bother to read my post?

If you did, you would of discovered that shesha is infact more harmful than regular cigarettes and is haraam. Khalas.

therefore..

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!