/* */

PDA

View Full Version : loving for the sake of allah

AnonymousPoster
10-21-2006, 12:14 PM
:salamext:

a lota people say stuff lik 'i luv ya for the sake of Allah' n i dont really get what it means to luv someone 100% for gods sake... n wat if u luv the person coz the person is just a really good person? can u luv the person for gods sake and for some other reason 2?

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
10-21-2006, 12:23 PM

The issue of Love itself is a big matter, there are different types of love. For example I would say to a sister 'I love you for the sake of Allah' to show my appreciation to what she might have done for me. Of course you can love a person apart from the sake of Allah. I love my brother, not for the sake of Allah per say but because he is just one cool brother lol.

I was taught to say "Ahabbaka Allahu ladhi ahbabtani lahu" Which means "May Allah, for whom you have loved, love you" If one declares their love for you for the sake of Allah.

Wa Allahu'3llim

anonymous
10-21-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:salamext:

a lota people say stuff lik 'i luv ya for the sake of Allah' n i dont really get what it means to luv someone 100% for gods sake... n wat if u luv the person coz the person is just a really good person? can u luv the person for gods sake and for some other reason 2?

salams bro/sis

dunno but there's some bros out there who are reeealllly cool mashalah... really kind n polite n friendly n advisive n all that n u just cant help btu love them. n i guess coz of the fact i love them for their good character n islamic behaviour i say to them 'I love you for the sake of Allah' (i.e. i love you because of your character which pleases Allah which in turn pleases me)

if u get wat im tryin 2say :?

on the other hand... some people love others for financial reasons (they have personal intersts from being a colleague of someone, e.g. getting a bizness deal ro soemthing)... which sin't a love in the casue of Allah....

hope that helps

salams

DigitalStorm82
10-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If any of you loves his brother then he should inform him" (Tirmidhi, Hadeeth Hasan Sahih) Also, Anas ibn Maalik related: "I was sitting with the Prophet when a man came passing by, and he said, ‘Oh Prophet of Allaah, indeed I love this man (in a brotherly way)’; so he (the Prophet ) said, ‘Have you informed him of this?’; so the man said, ‘No.’; so the Prophet said, ‘Get up and go tell him.’; so he got up and went to him and said, ‘Oh so-and-so, by Allaah, indeed I love you for the sake of Allaah’; so he said, ‘May the One for whom you have loved me, love you (in return)." (related by Imam Ahmad and Abu Daawood and it is hadeeth sahih.)

So I say to you: ‘ahabbak allaah ullaadhi ahbabtani feeh’ (May the One for whom you have loved me, love you, in return.)

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
10-27-2006, 07:13 AM
jazaks bro :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-27-2006, 07:52 AM
:sl: brothers ans sisters.
i wanted to ask: how do we know if we love for te sake of allah? for example, if person x visits a friend to discuss hadith and/or quran, the whole visit, and not talk about wordly things, can this be described as loving for the sake of allah. :sl:

DigitalStorm82
10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I believe loving them for their character and islamic behavior and acts of worship fall under the category of loving for the sake of Allah swt.

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Interesting topic.

Mujahidah4Allah
10-27-2006, 09:39 PM
:sl:

shukran for the info ima write the arabic part down :)

ma'salamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.