PDA

View Full Version : UK White Students Impede Integration

scentsofjannah
10-21-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...10/21/02.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
10-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Not exactly a scientific study, and the results would depend upon what all-white school was used for the study. If I choose an all white school known for having intolerant views then it really isn't an honest study of British society as a whole. The same with the Muslim school and the mixed school. I don't really see the point to the study in the first place, but it was obviously a study with an agenda, and those usually aren't the most reliable.

Muezzin
10-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Keltoi, it was a government study commissioned by the Home Office.

Keltoi
10-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Doesn't matter whether it is a study from the International Committee of Unbiased Studies, using an all white school as an example of the majority of British people is a loser from the start.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
10-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Keltoi, this is exactly the same bias you use against the muslims shown on the media. It's not right to label the majority by what a minority does. Even if it is shown by the media, and if it is said that they are from that certain group.

Peace.

Muezzin
10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
What I took from this story is that Muslims aren't as unwilling to 'integrate' as certain propaganda might suggest.

united
10-21-2006, 07:08 PM
the difference is that muslims have to integrate whereas a white person in an all-white region may not need to ingegrate.
yes, it is biased.

Joe98
10-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Why does the article compare "white" with "muslim" ? Since when is "muslim" a race?

Why does the article ignore the thousands of immigrants from all over the world who are not muslim? They have no trouble integrating!

Muezzin
10-22-2006, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Why does the article compare "white" with "muslim" ? Since when is "muslim" a race?
It's not. What is revealing is the fact that this study shows that Muslims are not as averse to integration as the popular literature might suggest.

Why does the article ignore the thousands of immigrants from all over the world who are not muslim? They have no trouble integrating!
Why do you constantly liken Muslims to immigrants? Can you not comprehend the simple fact that many Muslims (or people who ultimately convert to Islam) are born in the West and as such should be able to do as they like so long as they abide by the laws of the land?

The Ruler
10-22-2006, 12:40 PM
:sl:

well...that is what you would normally expect after what we see and face sometimes in school :rollseyes

:w:

AvarAllahNoor
10-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Now how will they try to 'resolve' this problem, considering it's whites who don't want to intergrate i wonder....

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Commissioned by the Home Office, a Lancaster University study found that nearly a third of white students believed one race was superior to another.
I’m surprised it was only one-third.
The concept is superiority is one of the ills of humanity.

I think the survey is a bit valueless.

Ask a person “What are you?” Then check the answer.
If there answer is a religion, and then ask them about “Religious Superiority”.
If there answer is a race, and then ask them about “Racial superiority”.
If there answer is ABC, and then ask them about “ABC Superiority”.

I bet that approach would yield much more than one-third, I would guess at least twice as much, like a minimum of two-thirds.

Where as if you ask them about the superiority of a category that was not there answer, I assume the percentage would be much lower.

The concept of superiority is one of the easiest sells in the world and there are millions if not billions of buyers.

Woodrow
10-23-2006, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I’m surprised it was only one-third.
The concept is superiority is one of the ills of humanity.

I think the survey is a bit valueless.

Ask a person “What are you?” Then check the answer.
If there answer is a religion, and then ask them about “Religious Superiority”.
If there answer is a race, and then ask them about “Racial superiority”.
If there answer is ABC, and then ask them about “ABC Superiority”.

I bet that approach would yield much more than one-third, I would guess at least twice as much, like a minimum of two-thirds.

Where as if you ask them about the superiority of a category that was not there answer, I assume the percentage would be much lower.

The concept of superiority is one of the easiest sells in the world and there are millions if not billions of buyers.

I doubt if the numbers would increase that much. Not that I don't feel more believe they are superior, it is just that most people do not consider it politicaly correct to express superiority, even if they believe it.

It does appear to be a valuless poll and most likely did not reflect the true feelings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.