/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whats this?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 06:16 PM
The Companions of the Wood, and the People of Tubba'; each one (of them) rejected the messengers, and My warning was duly fulfilled (in them).

(Surah Qaf Verse 14)

^^ Companions of the wood? People of tubba? umm someone fill me in here :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 06:39 PM
i love getting ignored :D :D :D

oh and

*BUUUUMP*

*noor
10-21-2006, 06:41 PM
just so you know i didn't ignore this. i read it but I too have no idea

sorry
lets wait till someone knowledgeable about the quran comes.

chacha_jalebi
10-21-2006, 06:50 PM
i think bro these are just people mentioned in the quran, like the people of thamud are and stuff like that, inshallah some one more knowlegdeable can help you out propa :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i think bro these are just people mentioned in the quran, like the people of thamud are and stuff like that, inshallah some one more knowlegdeable can help you out propa :D
ye but it must hav a story behind it :eek: and i REALLY wanna kno :D

Muezzin
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Were there any footnotes in to read in your Quran translation?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Were there any footnotes in to read in your Quran translation?
it was within the translation of an online recitation by Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy !

Muezzin
10-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Ah. Well I just checked my printed translation and it doesn't explain who those people are either. Hmm...

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-21-2006, 07:21 PM
dis dnt answer ur question but who is Allah referin 2?

Are they better or the people of Tubba’ and those before them? We destroyed them because they were indeed Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.). [44] Surah Ad-Dukhan

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
dunno :eek:

AhlaamBella
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
hmm...my Quran doesn't have any footnotes either. I'll ask my step-dad lol

Mujahidah4Allah
10-21-2006, 09:18 PM
:sl:

people of wood i was thinking maybe fire but i cnt make my own tafseer yaara.. we need sheikh fi sabilillah wait lemme c :D

ma'salamah

AhlaamBella
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article...tory-of-Arabia

I found this...

IbnAbdulHakim
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah

people of wood i was thinking maybe fire but i cnt make my own tafseer yaara.. we need sheikh fi sabilillah wait lemme c :D

ma'salamah
i already asked him on MSN lol, he doesnt know either :uuh:

Mujahidah4Allah
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM

:omg: sheikh fi sab dnt knw jokezzzz

you wanna knw about people of tubba it's gonna take me time to type it 1 page long i dnt mind i just need sum1 to hold the book 4 me

ma'salamah

amirah_87
10-21-2006, 09:31 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

In Tafseer ibnu Kathir it says: Ashaabul Aykah are :Qawm Shu'aib 'alayhis Salaam (The People of Shu'aib).

and it also says the same in tafseer At-Tabariy!!

Hope that helps InshaAllah .. :)

H@fiz Aziz
10-21-2006, 09:44 PM
rite....

Mujahidah4Allah
10-21-2006, 09:52 PM

The Story of Tubba’

“Are they better or the people of Tubba’? [44:37].” The people of Tubba’ have been referred to twice in the Quran. Here and in Surah Qaf. In both places only their name has been mentioned without recounting their chronicle. Therefore, the commentators have discussed extensively about the people of Tubba’, trying to identify them and their history. Tubba’ is not the name a particular individual, but is said to be the royal title of the kings of Himyar in Yemen. The Kings of Yemen were only known by this title when held sway over Himyar, Arabia, Syria, Iraq and parts of Africa for a long time; western part of Yemen was their capital. Therefore, the plural of Tubba’ is Tababi’ah, and the kings are called Tababi’ah of Yemen. It is not clear which of the Tababi’ah is referred to here. Hafiz Ibn Kathir’s research and conclusion would appear to be most plausible. His conclusion is that Tubba’ here refers to Tubba’ Ausat (Middle Tubba’] whose name was As’ad Abu Kuraib Ibn Ma’dikarab Yamani. This king ruled at least seven hundred years before the advent of the Holy Prophet of Allah [saw]. Among the Himyari Kings, he ruled the longest. During his rule, he went on a journey of conquest invading many regions and annexing them to his domain until he reached Samarqand, expanding his kingdom. According to Muhammad Ibn Ishaq’s narration, during his conquest once he passed by the area of Madinah and indented to attack it. The inhabitants of Madinah adopted the attitude that during the day they used to resist his attacks and during the night they entertained him. He felt embarrassed and abandoned the intention of fighting. During this period, two Jewish Rabbis warned him that that was the place of migration of the Final Prophet of Allah, and that he will never be able to prevail over that city. He was thus persuaded and left Madinah and went away with the two Rabbis to Yemen. The Rabbis invited him to embrace the Mosaic religion. However, after his death they went astray and reverted to idolatry and fire-worship. This brought down on them the Divine wrath, the details of which are available in Surah Saba’. (Condensed from Tafsir Ibn Kathir: vol. 4/p 144). This incident shows that the Tubba’ mentioned here had himself embraced Islam, but his people later went astray. On both occasions the Quran has mentioned reference to the ‘people of Tubba’, and not to Tubba’ himself. This is supported by the narratives of Sayyadina Sahl Ibn Sa’d and Ibn Abbas [ra] which are recorded by Ibn Abi Hatim, Imam Ahmad, Tabarani and others that the Messenger of Allah said: “Do not revile Tubba’, because he had embraced Islam.” (ibidem).

hope that helps inshaAllah if not sorry i'm not good at this stuff :hiding:

ma'salamah

IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2006, 10:01 PM
jazakAllah khair!!!! mashaAllah

Abdul Fattah
10-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Refutation of Those Who deny the Resurrection

Here Allah denounces the idolators for their denial of the Resurrection and their belief that there is nothing after this life and no life or resurrection after death, which they based on the fact that their forefathers had died and had not returned. They said, If the resurrection is true,

[فَأْتُواْ بِـَابَآئِنَا إِن كُنتُمْ صَـدِقِينَ ]
(Then bring back our forefathers, if you speak the truth!) This is false evidence and a specious argument, for the resurrection will happen on the Day of Judgement, not in this world; it will happen when this world has ended and ceased to be. Allah will bring all creatures back, created anew. He will make the evildoers fuel for the fire of Hell, and on that Day you will be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger will be a witness over you. Then Allah threatens them and warns them of the irresistible torment other idolators like who denied the resurrection, suffered. Such as the people of Tubba`, i.e., Saba'. Allah destroyed them, wreaked havoc upon their land and scattered them here and there throughout the land, as we have already seen in Surah Saba'. This was brought about because the idolators denied the Resurrection. Here too, the idolaters are compared to them. They Tubba` were Arab descendants of Qahtan, just as these people (Quraysh) were Arab descendants of `Adnan. Among the people of Himyar -- who are also known as Saba' -- when a man became their king, they called him Tubba`, just as the title Chosroes was given to the king of Persia, Caesar to the king of the Romans, Fir`awn to the disbelieving ruler of Egypt, Negus to the king of Ethiopia, and so on among other nations. But it so happened that one of the Tubba` left Yemen and went on a journey of conquest until he reached Samarqand, expanding his kingdom and domain. He is the one who founded Al-Hirah. It is agreed that he passed through Al-Madinah during the days of Jahiliyyah. He fought its inhabitants but they resisted him; they fought him by day and supplied him with food by night, so he felt ashamed before them and refrained from harming them. He was accompanied by two Jewish rabbis who advised him and told him that he would never prevail over this city, for it would be the place to which a Prophet would migrate towards the end of time. So he retreated and took them (the two rabbis) with him to Yemen. When he passed by Makkah, he wanted to destroy the Ka`bah, but they told him not to do that either. They told him about the significance of this House, that it had been built by Ibrahim Al-Khalil, peace be upon him, and that it would become of great importance through that Prophet who would be sent towards the end of time. So he respected it, performed Tawaf around it, and covered it with a fine cloth. Then he returned to Yemen and invited its people to follow the religion of guidance along with him. At that time, the religion of Musa, peace be upon him, was the religion followed by those who were guided, before the coming of the Messiah, peace be upon him. So the people of Yemen accepted the religion of guidance along with him. `Abdur-Razzaq recorded that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "The Messenger of Allah said:

«مَا أَدْرِي تُبَّعٌ نَبِيًّا كَانَ، أَمْ غَيْرَ نَبِي»
(I do not know whether Tubba` was a Prophet or not.) It was narrated that Tamim bin `Abdur-Rahman said: " `Ata' bin Abi Rabah said, `Do not revile Tubba`, for the Messenger of Allah forbade reviling him.''' And Allah knows best.

[وَمَا خَلَقْنَا السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا لَـعِبِينَ - مَا خَلَقْنَـهُمَآ إِلاَّ بِالْحَقِّ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْثَرَهُمْ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ - إِنَّ يَوْمَ الْفَصْلِ مِيقَـتُهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ - يَوْمَ لاَ يُغْنِى مَوْلًى عَن مَّوْلًى شَيْئاً وَلاَ هُمْ يُنصَرُونَ - إِلاَّ مَن رَّحِمَ اللَّهُ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الرَّحِيمُ ]
(38. And We created not the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, for mere play.) (39. We created them not except with truth, but most of them know not.) (40. Verily, the Day of Judgement is the time appointed for all of them --) (41. The Day when a near relative cannot avail a near relative in aught, and no help can they receive,) (42. Except him on whom Allah has mercy. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.)

Source: tafsir ibn kathir
available online at: http://www.theholybook.org/en/a.47853.html

Ummu Sufyaan
10-26-2006, 11:37 AM
:sl: awww. iwanted to answer/research that. thn i discovered that someone beat me to it.

jazakallah kahir anyways.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.