/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Charles urged to give Christianty main role

AvarAllahNoor
10-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Charles urged to give Christianty main role

Prince Charles should become the defender of the Christian faith and not represent other religions in his title when he becomes king, according to a report out tomorrow.

The study by the Evangelical Alliance says the coronation service should not become an inter-faith ceremony, although it conceded that guests from non-Christian religions should feature.

The Prince of Wales told his biographer Jonathan Dimbleby in 1994 that he wanted to be seen as “defender of faith” instead of “defender of the faith” – a title used by British monarchs since Henry VIII.

This was seen as a sign that he wanted to recognise and represent all the religions practised in Britain.

But the Alliance’s report Faith And Nation calls for him to make a deeper commitment to Christianity. The Alliance aims to unite Christians of all denominations to reduce poverty and influence the Government on
religious policy, and its report makes 100 recommendations, ranging from religious liberty to the environment and constitutional matters.

Dr David Muir, the Alliance’s public policy director, said: “We hope our report will help people understand the continued importance of the Christian faith in 21st century Britain.

“It offers Christians, peoples of other faiths, and those of no faith, resources for engagement, discussion and action on a range of contemporary issues.”
Clarence House, the Prince’s office, refused to comment.

Your views?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
10-22-2006, 06:06 PM
I understand that many would want to keep with tradition in this matter. I don't really see a problem since Prince Charles is just a figurehead. If he was actually a "king" I would probably be against it.

Bittersteel
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
even if he was a king ,a ruling Monarch I wouldn't be against him "defending THE Christian faith" provided he does no harm to the Non-Christians.

lavikor201
10-23-2006, 03:10 AM
provided he does no harm to the Non-Christians.
You see the thing is... whenever someone says they are a "defender" of a faith, many times they view another faith as an "attacker".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
10-23-2006, 03:13 AM
oh,how about eh a moderation?

look By God UK is a christian Kingdom.

lavikor201
10-23-2006, 03:15 AM
A "Christian Kingdom"? What are you in the Middle Ages? Yet you speak about "moderation"...

Bittersteel
10-23-2006, 03:41 AM
I meant its predominantly Christian state and according to law the King or Queen is supposed to be the Head of the Church ,right?

Dahir
10-23-2006, 04:14 AM
I agree with Emir Aziz; The UK has every right to become a 'Christian Kingdom' -- and it should become just that, especially with its high Christian majority.

If these new rule goes into effect, I hope the UK becomes a proper Christian nation, not perverted by politics like the United States.

Many Eastern European nations are a beautiful model for Christian rule -- the UK should emulate that.

AvarAllahNoor
10-23-2006, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I agree with Emir Aziz; The UK has every right to become a 'Christian Kingdom' -- and it should become just that, especially with its high Christian majority.

Just because they are are white does not make them 'Christian' a majority do not follow Christianity. :)

Charles Visted the 'Golden Temple' in Amritsar sacred of all sites to Sikhs. And he went to 'Anandpur' Guru Gobind Singhs sacred site. that was a great gesture. - He seems very tolerant of other faiths, so it's all welcomed by me.

Dahir
10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Just because they are are white does not make them 'Christian' a majority do not follow Christianity. :)

Charles Visted the 'Golden Temple' in Amritsar sacred of all sites to Sikhs. And he went to 'Anandpur' Guru Gobind Singhs sacred site. that was a great gesture. - He seems very tolerant of other faiths, so it's all welcomed by me.
I was not following the 'White is Christian' notion -- I only say that because even though many do not practice, a large sector of the nation is truly Christian.

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
The study by the Evangelical Alliance
Of course evangelicals want more religion. But only if it supports there beliefs. Nothing new here. It would be news if they wanted more of someone elses religion.

IzakHalevas
10-26-2006, 08:18 PM
agree with Emir Aziz; The UK has every right to become a 'Christian Kingdom' -- and it should become just that, especially with its high Christian majority.
So if Muslims from Pakistan continued to immigrate to England, and became a majority, would it then become a Muslim nation in your opinion?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.