/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Sea

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
:sl:

It is in the middle east. The Dead Sea is such that anyone who does not know to swim can still go in the middle of that sea, without any protection. Because The Dead Sea is such that nobody drowns there insha'Allah. subhanallah !!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_slave of Allah
10-22-2006, 11:48 AM
i heard there is too much salt dere thats y

Arwa
10-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Me too. ^

Malaikah
10-22-2006, 12:01 PM

Its the location of the city that was destroyed in Prophet Lut's time isnt it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_slave of Allah
i heard there is too much salt dere thats y
Yep thats what I heard too

Mujahidah4Allah
10-22-2006, 12:30 PM

isnt it in Jordan :? i know 2 girls from my Jamia who didnt know what it was went in and they were so shocked they were floating, teachers cme runing to tell em to get out..imagine what wuda happened :omg:

ma'salamah

The Ruler
10-22-2006, 12:36 PM

that's news to me...subhan'allah...that's amazing :happy:...but if there's an article or something around the net then please post that up :)

:w:

AhlaamBella
10-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Sea

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 04:44 PM

there is a lot of information which insha'Allah you can get from www.google.com just search 'The Dead Sea'.

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah

isnt it in Jordan :? i know 2 girls from my Jamia who didnt know what it was went in and they were so shocked they were floating, teachers cme runing to tell em to get out..imagine what wuda happened :omg:

ma'salamah
lol...lol...that was funny.....the girls must have known about the speaciality of that sea, so they might have taken a chance.

I think the Dead Sea is somewhere between Jordan and Israel.

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

I don't think so.

What I know is that Prophet Lot (pbuh) was sent in the town of Sodom somewhere in/near Palestine.

Fishman
10-22-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

I saw an interesting program on that once. Some scientists were asked to find Sodom and Gomorah on the shore of the dead sea. When they went down into the water in a (very heavy) submarine, they found a strange object that stuck up from the bottom of the sea bed, when all of the rest was flat. They didn't manage to come to any conclusions about it though.

There is a lot of methane around the Dead Sea. Lots of scientists have suggested that lightning or siesmic activity ignited this gas and blew the cities and the surrounding area into the sea. The showers of stones would probably have been rubble from the explosion.

I don't think so.

What I know is that Prophet Lot (pbuh) was sent in the town of Sodom somewhere in/near Palestine.
The Dead Sea is near Palestine, on the border between Palestine and Jordan.

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The Dead Sea is near Palestine, on the border between Palestine and Jordan.
But what I know is that The Dead Sea is on the border between Israel and Jordan. :-\

Fishman
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan
But what I know is that The Dead Sea is on the border between Israel and Jordan. :-\

The Israeli who wrote the article you read probably thinks that Palestine is part of their country! :D :okay: J/K

Nope, it is definitely in Palestine, as well as Israel and Jordan:

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 05:08 PM

Jazakallah for the map.
So The Dead Sea is sorrounded by Israel, Palestine and Jordan. :)
I would definitely like to go for a bath there some day insha'Allah. :okay:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-22-2006, 05:10 PM

That is the place where the people of Lut were. They were homosexuals and they have recieved the worst punsihment from Allah out of all the nations that were destroyed. 3 evil torments together, the Saihah (evil cry), being flipped over and slammed down, and an evil rain of baked clay.

Today, the West are the ONLY people after the people of Lut who are not only accepting these people and their pervertedness but even making it lawful and something to be proud of and letting them get married and commit this evil in the open without any shame. And homosexuality isnt something genetic because Allah says in the Quran,

28. And (remember) Lout (Lot), when he said to his people: "You commit Al-Fahishah (sodomy the worst sin) which none has preceded you in (committing) it in the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns)."

No one commited this evil before them. Had it been genetic, it would have been commited from the time of Adam a.s.

15: 73. So As-Saihah (torment - awful cry, etc.) overtook them at the time of sunrise;

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely! In this are signs, for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of All�h).

76. And verily! They (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now) .

77. Surely! Therein is indeed a sign for the believers.

25: 40. And indeed they have passed by the town [of Prophet Lout (Lot)] on which was rained the evil rain. Did they (disbelievers) not then see it (with their own eyes)? Nay ! But they used not to expect for any resurrection.

27: 58. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). So evil was the rain of those who were warned.

Must listen lecture:

Story of Prophet Lut by Anwar Al Awlaki

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 05:17 PM

The people of Lut did not reside on that sea, did they? :-\
It is better to say that the people of Lut resided close to The Dead Sea.

muzna
10-22-2006, 05:26 PM

Jazakallah for the map.
So The Dead Sea is sorrounded by Israel, Palestine and Jordan. :)
I would definitely like to go for a bath there some day insha'Allah. :okay:
you'd end up with really dry skin..
wassalam

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
you'd end up with really dry skin..
wassalam
Why? :rollseyes I would not wipe myself from towels in that sea :mmokay:

muzna
10-22-2006, 05:30 PM
if it is really salty..

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 05:33 PM
So what if it is salty? Then insha'Allah I would enjoy my bath much more :D I would drink that water during the bath ;D

muzna
10-22-2006, 05:37 PM
So what if it is salty? Then insha'Allah I would enjoy my bath much more :D I would drink that water during the bath ;D
oh....kay......

Salmaan
10-22-2006, 05:40 PM
insha'Allah I would definitely go some day to have a greeaaat bath in the middle of The Dead Sea. insha'Allah I would enjoy it. we don't drown in The Dead Sea insha'Allah so anyone who does not know how to swim can also join in to have a greeeaaat bath.....

Fishman
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.
Another historical miracle of the Quran. Whilst the Bible says the towns were destroyed by fire and brimstone, the Quran saya that they were turned upside down and showered with baked clay, which is more fitting with the popular hypothesis of an explosion followed by a landslide into the Dead Sea*.

*This is by no means a unanimously accepted hypothesis, there are a number of others, which are not as popular. There is, of course, the sceptical hypothesis which states that the towns never even existed.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 06:18 AM

The Dead Sea is like a lake. It is the lowest lake in the world, about 400 metres below sea level and contains the saltiest water in the world. This is because several streams and rivers carry minerals into the lake, but no rivers flow back out of it. All the minerals, including salt, therefore, accumulate.

The Dea Sea contains six times more salt than normal sea water. The salt makes it easy for anyone to float insha'Allah, because the body becomes buoyant. If you happen to visit the Dead Sea, you could lie on your back in the water and read a book without fear of sinking.

Malaikah
10-23-2006, 06:34 AM
insha'Allah I would definitely go some day to have a greeaaat bath in the middle of The Dead Sea. insha'Allah I would enjoy it. we don't drown in The Dead Sea insha'Allah so anyone who does not know how to swim can also join in to have a greeeaaat bath.....

yeh.. what a great bath that would be:rollseyes with a hijab swim suit :p unless you can get the whole sea for yourself...

im the mean time you can just fill your bath tub with water and a whole heap of salt :D

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 06:37 AM

I am male !!
Why will I wear a hijab and swim suit ?!

I will go open only wearing shorts !! :mmokay:

Duhaa
10-23-2006, 06:38 AM
I've been there, actually went in the Dead Sea.

Yeah you see the tourists floating in it having a sunbathe. ;D

Forgot, I was a tourist too but I wouldn't be caught dead doing that. I was ill that day so I couldn't spend too much time there but hey, I did get to see it and we bought some salt to take home so we could watch pennies floating in the sink. ;D

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 06:43 AM

You are just making an excuse that you were ill. :p

I think you got afraid of having a try to jump in the Dead Sea ;D

Duhaa
10-23-2006, 06:49 AM
I have witnesses.....

I even went to pharmacy in Jordan.....

I was disappointed aswell, maybe next time, insha Allah. :)

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 07:04 AM

I want opinion from you all.

The Dead Sea should have been included among the wonders of the world.

Agree OR Disagree

Duhaa
10-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Agree.

People from all around the world go to see it.
And I'd recommend anyone to go. And get yourself a guide because they tell you all the stories behind the 'wonders' so to speak.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Why has the Dead Sea not been included among the wonders of the world? Really surprising !

There are 7 wonders of the world, right? So now people should seriously start thinking of making the Dead Sea the 8th wonder of the world.

Duhaa
10-23-2006, 07:22 AM
What are the seven wonders?

Just wondering but maybe if you list the seven wonders then we'll find the answer there....

Maybe it has to be a solid thing or summat. :rollseyes
1 of em is the The Great Wall of China, right?

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Complete Listing of World Wonders

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

* The Great Pyramid of Giza
* The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
* The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
* The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
* The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
* The Colossus of Rhodes
* The Pharos of Alexandria

The Seven Wonders of the Medieval Mind

* Stonehenge
* The Colosseum
* The Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
* The Great Wall of China
* The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
* The Hagia Sophia
* The Leaning Tower of Pisa

The Seven Natural Wonders of the World

* Mount Everest
* The Great Barrier Reef
* The Grand Canyon
* Victoria Falls
* The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
* Paricutin Volcano
* The Northern Lights

The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World

* Palau
* The Belize Barrier Reef
* The Galapagos Islands
* The Northern Red Sea
* Lake Baikal
* The Great Barrier Reef
* The Deep Sea Vents

The Seven Wonders of the Modern World

* The Empire State Building
* The Itaipú Dam
* The CN Tower
* The Panama Canal
* The Channel Tunnel
* The North Sea Protection Works
* The Golden Gate Bridge

The Seven Forgotten Natural Wonders of the World

* Angel Falls
* The Bay of Fundy
* Iguaçú Falls
* Krakatoa Island
* Mount Fuji
* Mount Kilimanjaro
* Niagara Falls

The Seven Forgotten Modern Wonders of the World

* The Clock Tower (Big Ben)
* Eiffel Tower
* The Gateway Arch
* The Aswan High Dam
* Hoover Dam
* Mount Rushmore National Memorial
* The Petronas Towers

The Seven Forgotten Wonders of the Medeival Mind

* Abu Simbel Temple
* Angkor Wat
* Taj Mahal
* Mont Saint-Michel
* The Moai Statues
* The Parthenon
* The Shwedagon Pagoda

The Forgotten Wonders

* The Aztec Temple
* The Banaue Rice Terraces
* The Borobudur Temple
* The Inca City
* The Statue of Liberty
* The Mayan Temples
* The Temple of the Inscriptions
* The Throne Hall of Persepolis
* Petra
* The Suez Canal
* The Sydney Opera House
* The Red Fort in India

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 07:29 AM
^^^ The Dead Sea is nowhere :rollseyes

Nablus
10-23-2006, 07:31 AM
The Dead Sea is the lowest and saltiest sea in the world.bcz of too much salt the fish and other creatures cant live there.ولهذا سمي البحر الميت

Malaikah
10-23-2006, 09:28 AM

Why has the Dead Sea not been included among the wonders of the world? Really surprising .
Because its just a sea...... with too much salt... wheres the wonder? :?

* The Galapagos Islands
;D ;D

Fishman
10-23-2006, 09:45 AM
There are 7 wonders of the world, right? So now people should seriously start thinking of making the Dead Sea the 8th wonder of the world.
That's because the seven wonders are man-made, the Dead Sea is a natural formation. And there are loads of other weird places like that that are not world wonders. The Soda lakes, the Guiana Highlands, the Stone Forest, the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes, and loads more.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
That's because the seven wonders are man-made, the Dead Sea is a natural formation. And there are loads of other weird places like that that are not world wonders. The Soda lakes, the Guiana Highlands, the Stone Forest, the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes, and loads more.

Not at all ! If you see above post of mine, there are seven natural wonders of the world as well. You can read that post of mine insha'Allah, there are different sections of the seven wonders.
But The Dead see is nowhere to be seen. :rollseyes

Fishman
10-23-2006, 10:02 AM

Not at all ! If you see above post of mine, there are seven natural wonders of the world as well. You can read that post of mine insha'Allah, there are different sections of the seven wonders.
But The Dead see is nowhere to be seen. :rollseyes

The original seven wonders of the world are all man-made. They are:
* The Colossus of Rhodes

All of the other lists of wonders were invented recently.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM
The original seven wonders of the world are all man-made. They are:
* The Colossus of Rhodes

Where is the Taj Mahal ?! And Statue of Liberty ?!:ooh: :uuh:
They were there in the original seven wonders.

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 02:05 PM
The Dead Sea is not there even in those recent lists of wonders. :rollseyes
But why?! Really surprising ! :heated:

Salmaan
10-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Then those 7 wonders should be known as 7 wonders of MAN. :rollseyes

Mujahidah4Allah
10-23-2006, 08:22 PM

hmm people wanna swim in it isnt it risky dya actually wanna float in a place where Allah [swt] sent His wrath upon :? Allahu A3aalam but i wouldnt risk it because well Allahu A3alam what could happen to you :hiding:

ma'salamah

lavikor201
10-23-2006, 08:23 PM
I go there sometimes, a few times a year. you float on the water.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.