/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Numerical Miracles of the Quran: True or False?

Avicenna
10-22-2006, 09:59 PM
I have heard that there are numerical miracles in the Quran, all of which are mentioned here:

http://www.-----------------------/mathematical_01.html

I tried to verify some of these “miracles” but they have proven to be false. For instance, a search of the word “month” gives us seven results. This is against the claim of Muslim apologetics that the word “month” is in the Quran twelve times. Similarly, all other “miracles” are falsified with investigation.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

If the Quran has the word “month” twelve times, how can you prove this? Which ayats are among these twelve? Are Muslim apologetics becoming delusional?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azim
10-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi.

Well the miracles regarding the numbers exist in the Arabic, you're searching through the English. It makes a big difference.

There was actually a thread where we posted the actual references for each time a word was mentioned, I can't seem to find it. I'm going to PM one of the mods (Ansar-al-Adl) who worked on it and he should have the link.

Peace.

Avicenna
10-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks, I would like to see this thread.

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-23-2006, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
Thanks, I would like to see this thread.
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...tml#post170015

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Avicenna
10-23-2006, 04:12 AM
Thanks, but how can I verify if the word "month" is in the Quran 12 times??

Is there an Arabic word search I can use??

Thanks.

- Qatada -
10-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Why not actually look and reflect on the content of the Qur'an instead. :)

Peace.

azim
10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

Masha'allah - brother Ansar posted before I even pm'd him! Jazakallahu khair bro!

Regarding using an Arabic word search, its possible (thats how I usually do it) but its difficult and you need a decent understanding of Arabic to be able to differentiate between words (Arabic is an inflective language, so many words are similar with the same root, but can mean completely different things).

www.openburhan.com is the best out there, but this one requires a very good understanding of Arabic to operate.

I used it and I'm pretty sure its found me the 12 mentions of month, but my Arabic isn't that strong so I'll need to check it with someone whos Arabic is stronger. I'll post all references when/if I work it out insha'allah.

As fi_sabillilah said however, these are nice little signs in the Quran of its validity - there are plenty, but to concentrate on them however would be to miss entire point, as the once-kick-ass Bruce Lee said in a very cheesy kung fu movie with bad dubbing and really bad English: -

"It's like a finger pointing at the moon..if you concentrate on the finger, you'll miss all the heavenly glory" (don't ask me why I know it off by heart, it just stuck :p).

Its true though, the message of the Quran is THE most important thing, don't get distracted with the arguably insignificant aspects of the Quran such as this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.