/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am new here, hear about my fight to wear a hijab

aminahshijabs
06-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I live in the US right now, but have spent time several months living in Kuwait with my husband’s family.

After converting to Islam in 1995, I had trouble wearing hijabs, because they would slip down and show the front of my hair. So during my search I found a two piece hajab, one that pulls your hair back tight and a second part that covers the rest of your hair. This is the type of hijab that I sell at my e-bay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Aminahs-Hijabs Please take a look at it.

A Short story about:
My fight to wear a hijab after becoming Muslim:

I didn't wear a hijab when I first became Muslim, because I didn't feel comfortable. In fact I was told by my boss at the time if I came in with a hijab on she would fire me. After chatting on the internet I was told that if she fired me, that he would help me sue them.

The next day, I went to work with a hijab on and was told I was fired by the store Manager, the Asst. Manager was standing there and before the Store Manager could say another word she said "Don't worry you aren't fire." I guess the Asst Store Manager knew what would have happen if I was fired. After that day they didn't say another word about me wearing a hijab, also I have worn a hijab since that day.

Please let me know if you are wearing a hijab.

If you are wearing a hijab, not why?

If so what kind is your favorite?

Don't forget to look at my e-bay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Aminahs-Hijabs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A7med
06-22-2005, 04:46 PM
salaam, sis .....
welcome and hope u enjoy
and NO I DONT WEAR AN HIJAB!!!

Muhammad
06-22-2005, 05:03 PM
:sl:

Lol (brown clown)^^! Welcome to the forum sister and I hope you will learn much from it Insha'Allaah. May Allaah reward you for striving for His Sake, Aameen. That was a great and very inspiring story of yours Masha'Allah.

nasheedlover
06-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Salam sis!

Welcome! I wear the hijab, however, my story is nothing close to as inspiring as your story was. I starting wearing the hijab in grade three b/c I went to Islamic school and it was must. After leaving Islamic school I took it off b/c I didn't really understand why I was covering my head. I finally got my knowledge together and permanently wore the hijab from the beginning of high school to this day.

Your story is amazing! You seem like an amazingly strong woman, I can only imagine how different it might have felt to take a step in the right direction. Alhanduillah it is good to see that hijabis are not fully extinct species. Have fun inshAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
06-22-2005, 07:48 PM

Welcome sister!

And don't ever worry about any of these threats about being fired for wearing hijaab - that's a grounds for an unfair dismissal tribunal if ever I've seen one.

أحمد
06-23-2005, 10:26 AM
:D Welcome to LI Islamic Forum . . . Have Halal Fun @ http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 :D And learn at the same time Insha-Allah . . . :p CLICK WELCOME TO LISTEN TO YOUR WELCOME NASHEED . . . ;)

:w:

sistajannah
06-23-2005, 09:05 PM
welcome sister
inshaAllah you enjoy your stay here

fazi
06-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Assalamu alaikum sisters.

Yeah I wear the hijab. I started wearing abaya a few months ago as well. I love it. But I'm still at school and sometimes people take the mick. It's okay when they are non-muslims but when my muslim friend misinterpret the hijab I really feel bad.-Not about me wearing it, but about them noy wearing it.

Uthman
07-03-2005, 05:54 PM

Welcome to LI sister. :) SubhanAllah, what an inspiring story. :) Its a pleasure to have you here. :)

:w:

Hajar
07-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Assalamu alaykum sister!!!

Welcome to the Forum.... :)

sena
07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
WELCOME to among us sister aminahshijabs.

:welcome:

thanks much for sharing your story. may Allah reward you for your
patience :) :) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.