PDA

View Full Version : Grave Worshipping in Islam



AvarAllahNoor
10-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Is it permissable? Personally from what i've heard i'd say it was forbidden in Islam, but i've seen it happen so many times. Some say Shai's do it more in a way of tradition.

Your views please? Any verses from the Quran back this up?

sectarian
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Is it permissable? Personally from what i've heard i'd say it was forbidden in Islam, but i've seen it happen so many times. Some say Shai's do it more in a way of tradition.

Your views please? Any verses from the Quran back this up?


sectarian


its completely forbidden, thats shirk. We worship no-one BUT Allah !!
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM
:sl:

It is forbidden and completely contrary to what Islam is, which is worshipping none but God. See,

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...n-tawheed.html

:w:
Reply

S_87
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
:sl:

that link says its shias anyhow :X
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
snakelegs
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Is it permissable? Personally from what i've heard i'd say it was forbidden in Islam, but i've seen it happen so many times. Some say Shai's do it more in a way of tradition.

Your views please? Any verses from the Quran back this up?

sectarian
i am not qualified to answer your question.
some would say that the respect sikhs show to the SGGS constitutes worship. i think there is some confusion between the 2 terms "respect" and "worship".
some also say that the respect muslims show to the ka'ba is worship. i think that's incorrect also.
Reply

*noor
10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
:sl:

Well the shahaadah says its all:

There is none worthy of worship but Allah.
Reply

wilberhum
10-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I too think there is some confusion between the 2 terms "respect" and "worship".
I think we respect many places, including graves. That has nothing to do with worshiping.
Reply

moujahid
10-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
i am not qualified to answer your question.
some would say that the respect sikhs show to the SGGS constitutes worship. i think there is some confusion between the 2 terms "respect" and "worship".
some also say that the respect muslims show to the ka'ba is worship. i think that's incorrect also.
:sl:

Ka'bah is just the Qibla (the direction for facing while praying)..thats why we face the Qibla. We do not worship the Ka'bah, we worship the Lord of the Ka'bah.

As far is people visiting graves, it is allowed and encouraged to make dua'a (supplicate) FOR the forgiveness of the dead.
But people go there for different reasons - they do shirk there by asking dua'a FROM the dead person. shirk is the worst crime a human being can commit, since he/she is associating parterns to Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Only in Allah's hands is our destiny. He is the Only One to ask for help.
Shirk is what is forbidden in Islam. Allah, the Just and Merciful is everywhere. Every Muslim has a direct connection to his Lord.
People have come up with these innovative ideas of visting graves of pious people to ask from them. SubhanAllah! may Allah protect us from all sorts and forms of Shirk.
Ameen
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
10-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
i am not qualified to answer your question.
some would say that the respect sikhs show to the SGGS constitutes worship. i think there is some confusion between the 2 terms "respect" and "worship".
some also say that the respect muslims show to the ka'ba is worship. i think that's incorrect also.
Indeed, but bowing to a grave of a deceased is completely different to prostrating before the 'Shabad' (Word of God) These are people who were once human, and only God is worthy of Worship.
Reply

snakelegs
10-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by moujahid
:sl:

Ka'bah is just the Qibla (the direction for facing while praying)..thats why we face the Qibla. We do not worship the Ka'bah, we worship the Lord of the Ka'bah.

As far is people visiting graves, it is allowed and encouraged to make dua'a (supplicate) FOR the forgiveness of the dead.
But people go there for different reasons - they do shirk there by asking dua'a FROM the dead person. shirk is the worst crime a human being can commit, since he/she is associating parterns to Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Only in Allah's hands is our destiny. He is the Only One to ask for help.
Shirk is what is forbidden in Islam. Allah, the Just and Merciful is everywhere. Every Muslim has a direct connection to his Lord.
People have come up with these innovative ideas of visting graves of pious people to ask from them. SubhanAllah! may Allah protect us from all sorts and forms of Shirk.
Ameen
i understand what you are saying above and the difference in praying for the forgiveness of the dead. i guess only god knows what is in a person's heart.
Reply

snakelegs
10-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Indeed, but bowing to a grave of a deceased is completely different to prostrating before the 'Shabad' (Word of God) These are people who were once human, and only God is worthy of Worship.
yes, you're right - they are different. my point was that people shouldn't judge what is in someone's heart - this should be in god's department. a sikh bowing to the SGGS might, to an outside observer look like he was worshiping it, even though he was/does not.
obviously, according to islam, i am incorrect.
Reply

Hijrah
10-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Please realize that Shias are just as much a cult that is far from Islam just like Qadianis and NOI
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by amani
:sl:

that link says its shias anyhow :X
Not sure what that means? Are they not muslim?? :? :-S
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
10-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Hijrah
Please realize that Shias are just as much a cult that is far from Islam just like Qadianis and NOI
Oh that answers my question. To be completely honest i wasn't aware of cults existence in Islam. Reason why i respected it so much.
Reply

S_87
10-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Not sure what that means? Are they not muslim?? :? :-S
Peace

check this out ..

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...-overview.html
Reply

justahumane
10-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by wilberhum
I too think there is some confusion between the 2 terms "respect" and "worship".
I think we respect many places, including graves. That has nothing to do with worshiping.
Agreed, but if respecting a grave prompt U to visit it every Thursday and sing songs in praise of the person resting there, and asking the person to get ur work done, offer him some sweets on his grave,................than indeed its something un-islamic.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
10-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by justahumane
Agreed, but if respecting a grave prompt U to visit it every Thursday and sing songs in praise of the person resting there, and asking the person to get ur work done, offer him some sweets on his grave,................than indeed its something un-islamic.
lol, True - Manmat as we say...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 08:30 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 04:33 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!