/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim observed Fasting - Assam . India

AFDAL
10-24-2006, 10:57 AM
NORTH LAKHIMPUR, Oct 23 – Deviating from convention, i.e., of organising iftar parties during Ramazan, the district Congress Committee (DCC) here distributed sweets, fruits and other eatables among faithfuls in 12 mosques in and around the town on Thursday.

Congress’ ST unit office-bearer Lakheswar Gam also observed fasting and broke it with other Muslims at the historic mosque in the Kamalabari Road as a sign of harmony and solidarity.

They also participated in the prayer for the peace and development of the nation in general and North Lakhimpur in particular. The local MLA, Ghana Borgohain, veteran worker and academician Dr Puspa Borah, DCC’s president Brajen Saikia nad Farukh Ahmed in the iftar arrangements.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
i just find that weird.... :heated: :? :? :?

but mashaALlah, this might open their hearts up to the beauty of islaam.

may Allah guide them Ameen !

justahumane
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i just find that weird.... :heated: :? :? :?

but mashaALlah, this might open their hearts up to the beauty of islaam.

may Allah guide them Ameen !
Why U feel wired brother? may I know?

And fasting by non-muslims in India during Ramadan is not something strange. I myself fast on last 5 days of Ramadan, coz one of my muslim sister want me to do so. U will find it amazing,but here Some Muslims and Hindu families have extremely close relations amongst them.

In India, most of Iftar parties during the holy month are organized by hindus.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
Why U feel wired brother? may I know?.
Forgive me if i sounded rude at all but i just found it hard to understand why people would fast in this month of ramadan along with the muslims whilst not believing in Allah swt and his messenger because that is the main reason we fast, as a command from our lord and its been prescribed for us. Its mainly from spiritual benefit but seeing as these people have not yet embraced islam i hope their fasting will lead them to it :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joe98
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Catholics fast for 40 days and 40 nights before Easter.

They don't give up the fast after dark.

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
so they just dont eat anything at all for 40 months?

*i dont think so* im pretty sure they fast different to muslims

muzna
10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Catholics fast for 40 days and 40 nights before Easter.

They don't give up the fast after dark.
they dont eat anything for forty days???wow..
i think they are allowed to drink water during the fast right?
peace

justahumane
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Forgive me if i sounded rude at all but i just found it hard to understand why people would fast in this month of ramadan along with the muslims whilst not believing in Allah swt and his messenger because that is the main reason we fast, as a command from our lord and its been prescribed for us. Its mainly from spiritual benefit but seeing as these people have not yet embraced islam i hope their fasting will lead them to it :)

No brother it didnt sound rude.

Well main reason of these kind of activities like throwing out iftar parties by hindus in general and observing fast by some is just an attempt to preserve the secular fabric of India which is under danger, thanks to fundamentalist elements present in both hindu and muslim societies. And it also reflects age-old bond the two communities share from centuries. Religion has nothing or too less to do with it.

Joe98
10-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Catholics give up some of their favourite foods during the 40 days and 40 nights.

And the money normally spent on those things is saved and given to the poor. After all, you are not going to miss the money.

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Jews have many different days across the year that are "Fast days" where you drink no food or water for 25 hours.

AFDAL
10-27-2006, 08:28 PM
I my self agree with you , if they do not know the real essence of fasting than what the use ?????????????????

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.