/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Jesus's Islam

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
:salamext:

i kno this may sound like a stupid question or may have been asked before but i just wanted to know.

What is the proof from the bible that Jesus isnt a muslim? I mean he forbade pork, worshipped one God, ok he did consume whine but so did the muslims until it was forbidden so via revelation.

Whats the proof that jesus wasnt muslim?

:wasalamex

PS: This is just to help me understand something a bit better :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
10-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
What is the proof from the bible that Jesus isnt a muslim? I mean he forbade pork, worshipped one God, ok he did consume whine but so did the muslims until it was forbidden so via revelation.

Forgive me if I sound stupid - here's how I understand it:

Jesus may well have behaved in some respects like a Muslim, but he wouldn't have been given that label until several centuries later, when the concept of Islam as a force on the world stage really began.

Peace

wilberhum
10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Where is the proof he was?
Oh I forgot Islam started with Adam. :hiding: :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Forgive me if I sound stupid - here's how I understand it:

Jesus may well have behaved in some respects like a Muslim, but he wouldn't have been given that label until several centuries later, when the concept of Islam as a force on the world stage really began.

Peace
Greetings

You dont sounds stupid at all :).

You see islamic belief is that islam was around since the time of Adam. Monotheism is basically islam, to truelly believe and worship one God. So i cant find one single thing which proves that jesus wasnt a muslim. It may very well be because i have done extremely little research, that is why im asking now.

:peace: :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Where is the proof he was?
Oh I forgot Islam started with Adam. :hiding: :hiding:
lol nice, you catch on quick ;)

Thats right, so whats the proof that jesus wasnt muslim?

wilberhum
10-24-2006, 06:15 PM
lol nice, you catch on quick ;)

Thats right, so whats the proof that jesus wasnt muslim?
Wasn't I born a Muslim? I thought everyone was. You only become a non-muslim when you don't accept Islam.

Any one can make baseless claims that no evidence can be produced.

I can claim little green men come to me in my dreams. No one can disprove it.
Therefore it is true. :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Wasn't I born a Muslim? I thought everyone was. You only become a non-muslim when you don't accept Islam.

Any one can make baseless claims that no evidence can be produced.

I can claim little green men come to me in my dreams. No one can disprove it.
Therefore it is true. :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:
lol, yes your right, little green men can indeed come into your dreams. I see no reason why they cant.

Also i seriously see nothing which defies Jesus's islam from everything i heard so far. If you read the bible, he never ever says "worship me", or "i am God" or the like.

So i seriously wonder where "christianity" came from because as you know "islam" and "Muslim" is mentioned in the Quran quite a lot and christianity never appears in the bible...

wilberhum
10-24-2006, 06:35 PM
christianity never appears in the bible.
That is because Christianity did not exits.
Just like Islam didn't exits. That is why you don't see Islam in the Bible.
We are rapidly aproaching circular logic. :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Wasn't I born a Muslim? I thought everyone was.
That is slightly incorrect. You and every person is born upon the 'Fitrah' which is the natural state of man. I.e. If a person were to be raised away from all religions and all external influences he would be strictly monotheistic.

Proof of this is the fact that there were people in the pre-Islamic age that lived in Arabia and were not idolators and they strictly believed in One God. They werent Jews or Christians either, but 'Hanifs' that worshipped only One God.

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
That is because Christianity did not exits.
Just like Islam didn't exits. That is why you don't see Islam in the Bible.
We are rapidly aproaching circular logic. :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:
bible wasnt in arabic, otherwise im sure we would have found the word islam in there :)

lol you giggly schoolgirl :p (IM SRY I CUDNT RESIST)

duskiness
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
He was Jew.
Monotheism is basically islam, to truelly believe and worship one God.
using this definition you make Judaism and Christianity also "Islam". And Bahai. And maybe Hinduism. Words have their meanings. "Islam" means Islam. "Monotheism" monotheism, and it has broader meaning than "Islam". When we mix meanings, discussion is a bit more difficult
i have done extremely little research, that is why im asking now.
ask as much as you wish. I bet all "local" christians will be more than happy to answer :giggling:
If you read the bible, he never ever says "worship me", or "i am God" or the like.
Oh...our God is a humble one ;)
you are simply asking "why christians believe He was God?", aren't you? We had this discussion more than once here. If you are still interested in it, then ok - we may have it once more :D
So i seriously wonder where "christianity" came from because as you know "islam" and "Muslim" is mentioned in the Quran quite a lot and christianity never appears in the bible...
it appear 3 times in Bible. Firstly in Acts (book about what have happen with disciples after Jesus death and resurrection) 11;26
The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
So it was a nickname given to us.

wilberhum
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
bible wasnt in arabic, otherwise im sure we would have found the word islam in there :)

lol you giggly schoolgirl :p (IM SRY I CUDNT RESIST)
Schoolgirl. Wrong on two counts.
Since the bible is perfect. :giggling: :giggling: I to am sure that if it was in Arabic, it would have fortold the comming of Islam 1400 years later. :hiding:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-24-2006, 07:01 PM
using this definition you make Judaism and Christianity also "Islam". And Bahai. And maybe Hinduism. Words have their meanings. "Islam" means Islam. "Monotheism" monotheism, and it has broader meaning than "Islam". When we mix meanings, discussion is a bit more difficult
I think there is need of clarification here. Islamic Monotheism is different from your definition of Monotheism. Islamic Monotheism is extremely strict on the fact that no one is worthy of worship except God. It negates worshipping anything or anyone except God and affirms that only God is worthy of Worship. And God is only One.

Under Islamic Montheism, chrisitians are polytheists due to their associationism of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit along with God. Furthermore they are polythiests because they took their Monks and priests as Lords beside God, obeying them in what they made lawful and/or unlawful whereas this right only belongs to God and His Messenger.

Hindus are polytheists. There is no question about that. They worship that which they create with their own hands.

As for why the Jews are disbelievers, see here:

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=9905&ln=eng&txt=uzair

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
thank you for the answers duskiness, i will reply when i have time :)

glo
10-24-2006, 07:37 PM
If you read the bible, he never ever says "worship me", or "i am God" or the like.
There are several passages in the gospel, in which Jesus gives hints to his divinity. Remember that it was not his intention to make people 'worship him' until he had accomplished his purpose.

But I cannot demonstrate Jesus' divinity, unless you can credit the Bible with some authority.
My guess is that you cannot, therefore it is pointless to even have this conversation.

Peace :)

- Qatada -
10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi glo.

If the bible went with along with the trail of logic, it would be easy for us to reflect on it - even if we didn't believe it was revelation/inspiration. This is what scripture is supposed to do, similarly some non muslims who read the qur'an become muslims due to it's logic.

May i ask, how come jesus (peace be upon him) never asked people to worship him, if he was God anyway?

Peace.

Umar001
10-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmetulah
Peace be upon those who submit to G-d

What is the proof from the bible that Jesus isnt a muslim? I mean he forbade pork...
Just to say, Biblically speaking, Jesus did not forbid pork.

format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
He was Jew.
He could have been a Jew and Muslim. Being Jew doesn't disprove his Muslim side. Peace be upon him.

Jus to sum up, by asking what proof is there that Jesus is not muslim I hope you don't think you will convince anyone to think he was, am just wondering.

:)

Joe98
10-25-2006, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Being Jew doesn't disprove his Muslim side.
The world's first police force was set up in the UK in the 19th century.

Being a Roman Soldier doesn't disprove his policeman side.

-

Umar001
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi there,

format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
The world's first police force was set up in the UK in the 19th century.
Being a Roman Soldier doesn't disprove his policeman side.
I don't know what is meant, anyhow, peace.

Woodrow
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
There is no way that anything can be disproven. We know the definition of Muslim. The Bible indicates that Isa(as) followed the 5 articles of faith so I would say that the Bible offers some verification that Isa(as) was a Muslim.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi there,

I don't know what is meant, anyhow, peace.
i find that confusin maself :p

czgibson
10-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Greetings IbnAbdulHakim,
You dont sounds stupid at all :).
Thank you. :)

You see islamic belief is that islam was around since the time of Adam.
Yes.

Monotheism is basically islam, to truelly believe and worship one God.
I can see how Islam could be considered an extension of monotheism, but the two concepts are surely different.

So i cant find one single thing which proves that jesus wasnt a muslim.
If you're asking was Jesus someone who submitted fully to the one true god, then he was a Muslim in that sense.

But that is not all that is meant by the name Muslim today. A Muslim today is a member of the religious movement founded by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Although this did indeed include elements of traditional monotheism as it existed to that point, Islam is a refinement and embellishment of it according to the interpretations and examples from the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh). By the sheer force of history, Jesus cannot have been a Muslim of this type, since the very concept of 'Muslim' would not exist in the modern sense until the first convert recited the shahada under the apostolate of Muhammad (pbuh).

It may very well be because i have done extremely little research, that is why im asking now.
Good for you! Never stop asking questions.

Peace

Joe98
10-26-2006, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There is no way that anything can be disproven. We know the definition of Muslim.

And we know the definition of Christian.

[removed]

Muslim Knight
10-26-2006, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
And we know the definition of Christian.

[removed quote]
Nabi 'Isa 'alayhissalaam has never mentioned himself as a Christian. No verse in the Bible can prove otherwise. However, he fulfilled the pre-requisites of a Muslim.
When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims. (Q 3:52)
Prophet Muhammad professed himself as a Muslim and the Messenger of Allah, and can never be equated as a Christian.
Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will). (Q 3:64)

glo
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hi glo.
May i ask, how come jesus (peace be upon him) never asked people to worship him, if he was God anyway?
Peace.
Hi Fi_Sabilillah

I do not assume to know God's reasons for his actions - that would be very proud and pretentious!
I can only tell you what Christianity teaches me, and what I believe to be true.

I won't go into why (according to Christian belief) Jesus came into the world - that would lead into original sin, which we have discussed in other threads. :rollseyes
(Edited: I didn't mean it would lead into original sin, but into the topic of original sin ... just thought I ought to clarify! :giggling: )

I believe the answer to your question can be found right at the beginning of Jesus' ministry, when he spent 40 days fasting in the desert.
You may know the story of satan tempting Jesus:
The Temptation of Jesus
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'
"

Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor."All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. (Matthew 4: 1-11)
As satan knew, and Christians still believe, Jesus could at any point have displayed and used his divine power.

Even at the cross he was taunted to display his powers, and he never did:
In the same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. "He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! Let this Christ, this King of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe." Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him (Mark 15: 31-32)
The point is, that Jesus (despite being God), came to live as man.

I understand that the very thought of God humbling himself to become a human being and - worse still! - dying a terrible death, is utterly outrageous and even blasphemous in the Islamic view ... but it is the very centre of Christianity.

Jesus never intended to use his divine powers or to be recognised as God whilst living as a human being.
It was not until after his death that his full glory would become evident - not only to his own followers, but to others too:
The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!" (Matthew 15: 38-39)
I think this is the best I can do to explain my faith. :)

I am - together with everybody else - at God's mercy ... for all I ever strive to do is to serve him and please him! :)

Peace

- Qatada -
10-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi glo.

Thanks for quoting your evidences from the bible. It gave me a better understanding of what the bible teaches.

If i was to read that without having knowledge that Jesus was 'God' - then i would naturally be inclined to believe that Jesus was a special creation of God, who God had blessed, who satan envied so much that he wanted this special creation to bow to him to show that he (satan) is powerful enough to persuade this special creation to worship him, or to submit to the evils of this world.

That's really similar to how the satan's/devils try to lead mankind astray from the right path, and they work hard on making the path tough for the Messengers of Allaah Almighty.

Thanks again.

Allaah Almighty know's best.

Peace.

Umar001
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah,
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,
Peace and blessings be upon Jesus son of Mary and his mother,
And Immune be he from anything falsly attributed to him.

I will only go into so much detail due to the fact that you, Glo, seem very well versed with the Gospels.

I have just some personal confusion, and difference of understanding.

The question was:

how come jesus (peace be upon him) never asked people to worship him, if he was God anyway?
And an answer:

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I believe the answer to your question can be found right at the beginning of Jesus' ministry, when he spent 40 days fasting in the desert.
You may know the story of satan tempting Jesus:

As satan knew, and Christians still believe, Jesus could at any point have displayed and used his divine power.
I disagree, with the statement that Jesus could at any point have used any divine power, rather I think he would only be able to use his power if G-d allowed. He could of his own self 'do nothing'

The answers Jesus gave to the request's of Satan are answers that any normal person would give, for example, if a Christian is asked to take the 'falsification' test, they would naturally say, 'Do not put G-d at test'

So it could be possible that either Jesus, did not have the ability to just initiate divine power at his own will, rather only when G-d allowed him.

Even at the cross he was taunted to display his powers, and he never did:

The point is, that Jesus (despite being God), came to live as man.
Again, who said he could use the power?

Reasons for not using the power could be two, that I can think of:

1 He could not use divine power

He cannot use the power without G-d's acceptance, I say this because, we see that Jesus prayed so much before hand, for the cup to pass Him.

Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
He also before hand said:
Matthew 26:38:

"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death..
This was the state of Jesus, maybe he was 'hoping' for help. He felt helpless, it seems, listen to what he says on the Cross:
Matthew:27:46

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi,[c] lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Jesus was helpless, he could not use divine power, he waited for G-d to help him, yet he felt 'forsaken'. This wasn't Jesus being humble while powerful, this was Jesus, a creation, being in need and feeling that G-d had left him.

2.That Jesus understood his mission, so he took the abuse not because he was being humble but rather because he knew that it was part of G-d's greater plan.

The reason I say this, is in response to, "Even at the cross he was taunted to display his powers, and he never did" if he had shown the power which they wanted to see, i.e that he 'save' himself.

"He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself!
Imagine, if he had saved himself it would go against his own teaching, for he rebuked peter for even trying to 'comfort' Jesus:
Matthew 16:21-23

21From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"

23Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Jesus knew his mission, you claim the reason he didn't show powers was because he was humble, rather it was because to save himself would have been a work of Satan, he knew G-ds plan!

Jesus never intended to use his divine powers or to be recognised as God whilst living as a human being.
It was not until after his death that his full glory would become evident - not only to his own followers, but to others too.
Or it could be that Jesus is not G-d, rather "a man accredited by God to his people by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among his people through him"
Maybe the reason why Jesus did not claim to be G-d whilst living (also after the resurection I believe) is because he was not G-d.

Even after his death, at a time where his 'full glory' was evident, he was never even then called G-d.

That's just my understanding, I don't wanna impose my views on anyone, just thought it would be nice for me to understand more by posing my contrasting views :)

"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

glo
10-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I will only go into so much detail due to the fact that you, Glo, seem very well versed with the Gospels.
The only reason I am getting so well versed with the Gospels, Isa, is because people in this forum keep asking me questions and challenging my faith! :giggling:

I disagree, with the statement that Jesus could at any point have used any divine power, rather I think he would only be able to use his power if G-d allowed. He could of his own self 'do nothing'

The answers Jesus gave to the request's of Satan are answers that any normal person would give, for example, if a Christian is asked to take the 'falsification' test, they would naturally say, 'Do not put G-d at test'

So it could be possible that either Jesus, did not have the ability to just initiate divine power at his own will, rather only when G-d allowed him.

[...]

Or it could be that Jesus is not G-d, rather "a man accredited by God to his people by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among his people through him"
Maybe the reason why Jesus did not claim to be G-d whilst living (also after the resurection I believe) is because he was not G-d.

[...]
Clearly Jesus had divine powers!

Satan knew this, when he tried to tempt Jesus into using them:
Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" (Matthew 4)
The spirits, which he drove out during his ministry years, knew it too:
"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!" (Mark 1:24)
When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don't torture me!" (Luke 8:28)
And, of course, Jesus himself knew it:
"Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?" (Matthew 26: 53-54) From your own quote in another thread
But I guess our difference in opinion does not lie with whether Jesus had special powers or not - but whether he had them because he had 'a special connection with God', or because he was the Son of God.

For me, as a Christian, the entire Bible as a whole speaks utterly and without doubt of Jesus' divinity!
For you, obviously, your journey has taken you on a different route towards Islam.

Since we cannot prove or disprove each other's points-of-view, can I humbly suggest that we agree to disagree, and respect each other's beliefs? :)

Isa, I am surprised by the degree of interest you have in the Bible. Often the Islamic view I hear is simply 'it has been tampered with, so it has no validity' ... whereas you seem to draw so much from the Gospels.
In contrast to that, in doodlebug's 'revised bible and torah?' thread, you speak very strongly against using the Gospels as a reference.
Can I ask you how much credibility to (personally) really give them? :?

Peace :)

Umar001
10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Since we cannot prove or disprove each other's points-of-view, can I humbly suggest that we agree to disagree, and respect each other's beliefs? :)

Isa, I am surprised by the degree of interest you have in the Bible. Often the Islamic view I hear is simply 'it has been tampered with, so it has no validity' ... whereas you seem to draw so much from the Gospels.
In contrast to that, in doodlebug's 'revised bible and torah?' thread, you speak very strongly against using the Gospels as a reference.
Can I ask you how much credibility to (personally) really give them? :?
I think that questioning each other's theory is excellent since it excresises the mind and allows people to explore different avenues and come to a better understanding of other's understanding which may result in changing their own view completly or maybe developing their own view to some extent.

I personally, do hold that the Bible is curropt, and even if it was the exact original, then I would still hold that it wasn't the product of the disciples of Jesus, I think since Christianity, rather, Biblical Jesus has played such a part in my life, I tend to delve into the Gospels more, than Just say 'they are tampered' although I do believe that. I also hold a personal view that, although the actions and the circumstances in the Gospels may not be true, the Character of Jesus has been captured in some sense, to me, when reading the Gospels, which I have not done for a while, I see a Jesus' whos' Character is so similar to Islam's discription, I have been Muslim for a year or so, and have just come to read the story of Mary in there, a experience I cannot detail with words, but something amazing.

I wish I had Jesus with me now, but I don't I pray I am here when he returns and that we are close, physically, the reason I opposed to using the Bible as a source for deriving our laws and life as such from, because, well, think about it Glo, for a minute, imagine, you had a book, which confirms another book, but tells u, that book is from G-d but it was for other people, and that we should only follow our own book, then surely u wud take heed to that message.

And many other reasons.

I have probably made mistakes I'm tired.

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Being Jew doesn't disprove his Muslim side. Peace be upon him.
It certainly does if he believed Isaac to be the son Abraham sacrificed, ect. Didn't he also drink Alcohol? That is not very Muslim like is it?

Umar001
10-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi glo.

If the bible went with along with the trail of logic, it would be easy for us to reflect on it - even if we didn't believe it was revelation/inspiration. This is what scripture is supposed to do, similarly non muslims who read the qur'an become muslims due to it's logic.

Peace.
Bro, the bible is quite logical, it is only when people tell you 'I am a bible believer' and then go on to tell u their beliefs, and instead of taking their belief from the bible, they take their belief and make them fit into the bible, which can be confusing

جوري
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
It certainly does if he believed Isaac to be the son Abraham sacrificed, ect. Didn't he also drink Alcohol? That is not very Muslim like is it?
can you prove what he believed? Do you know for a fact he drank alcohol?
otherwise we'll all be dabbling in conjectures and refutations.....

http://www.amazon.com/Muslim-Jesus-L...e=UTF8&s=books
An excellent read!

- Qatada -
10-27-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas

The sharia' (law) in different nations differed. Alcohol is forbidden for the followers of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) - whereas it may have been permissible for the children of Isra'eel. We also know that the booty of war was forbidden for the children of Isra'eel, whereas it is permissible for the followers of Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

Allaah Almighty is the All Knowing, Most Wise, and He know's what is best for each specific nation.

PS: brother IsaAbdullah, jazak Allaah khayr for clarifying :)

Peace.

Umar001
10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
The sharia' (law) in different nations differed. Alcohol is forbidden for the followers of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) - whereas it may have been permissible for the children of Isra'eel. We also know that the booty of war was forbidden for the children of Isra'eel, whereas it is permissible for the followers of Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

Allaah Almighty is the All Knowing, Most Wise, and He know's what is best for each specific nation.

PS: brother IsaAbdullah, jazak Allaah khayr for clarifying :)

Peace.
I was just about to say that, the laws CAN differ.

wilberhum
10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
The sharia' (law) in different nations differed
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
God's laws in one country is different from god's laws in another country?

- Qatada -
10-27-2006, 07:24 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
God's laws in one country is different from god's laws in another country?

We're talking about the followers of different prophets. It's not talking about countries. Anyway, i think thats the closest word to the word 'ummah' in arabic.

Obviously they all stuck to the main concepts of islaam such as worshipping the Creator, Allaah without no associates. And obeying the messengers etc. but other issues differed according to their situation. Allaah Almighty know's best.

Peace.

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
can you prove what he believed? Do you know for a fact he drank alcohol?
Well a Jew would drink wine every Shabbos, in the kiddish cup praising G-d, and would also believe in the Torah.

[removed]

Umar001
10-27-2006, 07:37 PM
I think nation is rather more understandable, you see:

All messengers were sent with the duty to call to Allah, it is said in the Quran.

Laws for the people maybe different, they are chosen by G-d for certain times and certain people.

For example, Moses' nation had a law, after Moses other prophets used that law, but that was only for Moses' people, i.e. Moses was sent as a messenger to a recipient.

Now, Muhammad was sent to all mankind, so the law is the same for all here, but the law that we have, may have been slightly different to the law that David and Solomon had, because they had a law for their people and their time.

- Qatada -
10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi IzakHalevas.

What you said is against the rules, so i removed your comment. :)

No attacks against Islam in any form will be tolerated on this discussion board. This includes, but is not limited to attacks on the Qur'an, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), his family and companions, or any other prophets in Islam, or Islamic scholars, past or present. While some may complain that there is "freedom of speech" please remember this is a privately owned discussion board which was created and is maintained to serve the purpose of promoting Islam. What is allowed in speech is determined by the Admin and not the member. 20% warning

czgibson
10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Greetings,
This is what scripture is supposed to do, similarly non muslims who read the qur'an become muslims due to it's logic.
Erm, not all of them do...

Peace

- Qatada -
10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi CZ.

This is what scripture is supposed to do, similarly some non muslims who read the qur'an become muslims due to it's logic.
http://www.islamicboard.com/536884-post16.html

Happy? :p

Umar001
10-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Am confused, is ther any actual point to this thread?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.