/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience?

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
:sl:

I'm having trouble of choosing what I'm going to do for W.E.

Any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
10-24-2006, 09:10 PM

whats W.E???

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Work Experience (W.E.) Sorry should have made it clear.

*noor
10-24-2006, 09:13 PM
oh sorry my bad its in the title:hiding:

that depends what do you want to do in the future inshaAllah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
10-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Well.....What I want to do in the future has very few things that I can do today.

I wont be able to work in a hospital....

Oh by the way, my work experience is in first week on January.

*noor
10-24-2006, 09:16 PM
what about work in a clinic or something like that?

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:18 PM
:-\

lol, I'm not sure....They'll make me do stupid jobs, like be a receptionist...or file folders.....Degrading? though so! :-\

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:20 PM

what do u wanna b bro..if u dnt mind me asking...:?

u'v gotta choose init

:w:

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah...Meds....

I know I'm just going to kill myself doing it

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

lol, I'm not sure....They'll make me do stupid jobs, like be a receptionist...or file folders.....Degrading? though so! :-\

yes thats what its gona b...dats what id did when i did ma W.E. coz i chose admin...i worked in a mental hospital...

*noor
10-24-2006, 09:21 PM

well is there a list of things you have to choose from or do you just go look for one on your own??

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:22 PM
I choose.....I can also put in a special word for advanced stuff....Choices which aren't on the choices, only for some people...I doubt I'll even be allowed to do that.

Muezzin

Who cares if it's 'degrading'? If you're well-behaved and polite, you may well make your first contact in the medical world. Getting your foot in the door is crucial in today's competitive world, trust me.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
yeah...Meds....

I know I'm just going to kill myself doing it

coool ma'shaAllah...

i doubt they will let u actualy work with patients coz of the age n dat...

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Who cares if it's 'degrading'? If you're well-behaved and polite, you may well make your first contact in the medical world. Getting your foot in the door is crucial in today's competitive world, trust me.
Yeah I know it'll be...But it just feels, so crappy. If you get me? I mean I wont be filing folders of receptionist after doing Meds.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal

coool ma'shaAllah...

i doubt they will let u actualy work with patients coz of the age n dat...

Yeah....

*noor
10-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Muezzin has a really good point. If not always what you know, but who you know especially when its competitive. What you know will not always be enough

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 09:26 PM

I'm having trouble of choosing what I'm going to do for W.E.

Any ideas?
be an imam for ur local mosque, trust me, thats some niiice experience :coolious:

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
be an imam for ur local mosque, trust me, thats some niiice experience :coolious:
lol u crazy old Mazed :p

If they did Makkah I wouldn't mind lol

Muezzin
10-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah I know it'll be...But it just feels, so crappy. If you get me? I mean I wont be filing folders of receptionist after doing Meds.
True, but realistically, what is any non-retail employer going to offer a secondary school work experience student? If I were you, I'd go for work experience in the medical field. Simply having experience in the field will look good on your CV in the future, and you don't have to mention that all you did was filing etc... if anything, you could put a cool twist on it and said you learnt some communications skills.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:31 PM
hey why dont u work in a school..part of care experience...

but then again alot of girls go for that...lol.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM

he gets a week out of school and u tell him to go bak in? lol :heated:

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM
True, but realistically, what is any non-retail employer going to offer a secondary school work experience student? If I were you, I'd go for work experience in the medical field. Simply having experience in the field will look good on your CV in the future, and you don't have to mention that all you did was filing etc... if anything, you could put a cool twist on it and said you learnt some communications skills.
yup absolutley true...:D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:33 PM

HHAHAHAA...o yeh...didnt think...but am talking about them little peoples school..

Kittygyal
10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
salam.
do it in a computer place trust me or in in Town like TK.MAX or somewhere you will have fun because work experience is a laugh because thats the only time you'll be out school apart from after year 11 what ever you wana do then so do it where ever you wana inshallah :)

hope it goes well for you && have fun inshallah
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 09:37 PM

HHAHAHAA...o yeh...didnt think...but am talking about them little peoples school..

little people? are we forgetting that iqram is 15.... bhai am i right? ur 15 right?

alternatively u can see what it feels like to be a toilet cleaner, i heard they get a real appreciation for breaks ;D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:39 PM
little people? are we forgetting that iqram is 15.... bhai am i right? ur 15 right?

alternatively u can see what it feels like to be a toilet cleaner, i heard they get a real appreciation for breaks ;D

lol....aaaaaw am not tyin to b nasty...lol...

i ment them little ppl what they called...one below high skooll:rolleyes:
toilet cleaner....;D ;D ;D ;D

Mujahidah4Allah
10-24-2006, 09:40 PM

pharmacy that was sum nice experience try it :)

ma'salamah

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah :P Would look good on my CV for a fact....But at the expense of being bored STIFF!!! And no bonuses that I'd get from other places (PC World :happy:)

LOL ^o) u feelin ok? jk

HAHAHA yeah was abt to say :p

:eek: yeah I'm NEARLY 15 :p

pharmacy that was sum nice experience try it

ma'salamah
Might give it a thought....:confused:

*noor
10-24-2006, 09:43 PM

:eek: yeah I'm NEARLY 15 :p
yea he's getting there lol

anyways whatever you do, try to pick something that'll look good even though you'll be bored for a while....i think its worth it in the long run.

then again what do i know?

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:45 PM
lol^ You all have a point....

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2006, 09:46 PM

naah honestly work in a mental hospital its well goood....

my cousin got chased by a homosexual mental patient. wallahi im not joking, i strongly hope iqram looking like the innocent lil dude does NOT consider this !!!

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
my cousin got chased by a homosexual mental patient. wallahi im not joking, i strongly hope iqram looking like the innocent lil dude does NOT consider this !!!
:uuh:

lol...........HAHAHAHHAHA...am literally falling of ma chair laughin sooo much....

that neva happened to me...even though the ward was like next door to the office...
:uuh:

What do u think i am? mental hospital....:uuh:

u ppl ignore me, iqqy ima never advise u agen bhai maz i swear u used 2 be mature ppl change oh well... i'm so off topic...
:offended: I did agree to your one.....

Mujahidah4Allah
10-24-2006, 09:53 PM

if u wanna go into pharmacy you need A's in science, ur probs thinking wow she gots A's buttt plz dnt ask.. :offended: but yeah it's really intesresting minus the screwing the bottle lids on alone in the dark :mmokay:

ma'salamah

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:53 PM

mental hospital...u belong there...lol...jkz...

naaah honestly its good expereince...i had a laugh..

afriend
10-24-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah

if u wanna go into pharmacy you need A's in science, ur probs thinking wow she gots A's buttt plz dnt ask.. :offended: but yeah it's really intesresting minus the screwing the bottle lids on alone in the dark :mmokay:

ma'salamah
lol...I'm not going to get into pharma....It's a nice one...But just not my sort of subject.

Mujahidah4Allah
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM

ehem all u ever complaines about was 'they always make us do filing work etc so boring' so how was it a laf shishtar? :rollseyes

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
lol...I'm not going to get into pharma....It's a nice one...But just not my sort of subject.

social work? they may promote u IF ur good enough u'll be loaded akhi :D
or there's bin man [ask bro A7med for advice], retail [this is BORING] i cnt remeber anymore...

ma'salamah

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
^^^my friend works there...well suppose to b voluntry summat she wants to do in uni..but she gets paid am like:offended: ....but mashaAllah shes really clever...:D

go wit what ur heart says inshaAllah whateva it is it wont be CLENING THE TOILETS AT SKOOL...which my freinds did lol..coz they got kikd out of their W.E.

mohammed farah
10-24-2006, 10:45 PM
why dont you try working at retailer shops theyll probably give you discounts on theyre goods when your finished with them

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-24-2006, 11:26 PM
retail..:offended: :offended:

discounts yeeeh go 4 it..:D

Arwa
10-24-2006, 11:38 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Iqram, if you're going to do medicine in the future then I seriously would advise you to do work experience in a medical field. It might be boring but trust me that might be thing that would get you into medicine. It's very tough to get into medicine these days especially if you want to go to a good university. It's only 2 weeks right? They'll go by really quick! Just do it!

In future when you're in college insha'Allah you will have to do a lot of work experience 'care/medical related'. So you're going to start at some point, you might aswell start now.

IB-Staff
10-24-2006, 11:42 PM

Can we seriously tone down on all the joking around and random comments? Please think before posting and remember the forum rule:

8. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.

Jazakallahu Khair.

PS Iqram, you'll be surprised how much paperwork a doctor must do. Better to be doing paperwork than lifting and unloading in a retail job.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-24-2006, 11:49 PM

Just a sidenote akhi, Medical costs ALOT. You have to start working hard in school from right now and try your best to get top grades. You'll need scholorships to do medical unless your very rich :D

afriend
10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makkiyah
wa alaikum assalam

Iqram, if you're going to do medicine in the future then I seriously would advise you to do work experience in a medical field. It might be boring but trust me that might be thing that would get you into medicine. It's very tough to get into medicine these days especially if you want to go to a good university. It's only 2 weeks right? They'll go by really quick! Just do it!

In future when you're in college insha'Allah you will have to do a lot of work experience 'care/medical related'. So you're going to start at some point, you might aswell start now.
Yes...I suppose :uhwhat....But if you think about it, being a doc is boring anyway! Everything about it....But just rewarding, that's all....

format_quote Originally Posted by LI-Staff

Can we seriously tone down on all the joking around and random comments? Please think before posting and remember the forum rule:

8. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.

Jazakallahu Khair.

PS Iqram, you'll be surprised how much paperwork a doctor must do. Better to be doing paperwork than lifting and unloading in a retail job.
:uuh: Yeah...I'm deinately going to need a lot of holidays....:mad:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

Just a sidenote akhi, Medical costs ALOT. You have to start working hard in school from right now and try your best to get top grades. You'll need scholorships to do medical unless your very rich :D

Big difference here in the uk :p...We have something called 'a student loan' Which comes in very handy cos u don't even have interest on it :smile:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
go 4 skoool.. nursery skool :D:D dat wot im gna do lol.. i wna go in2 medz aswel inshahallah, not much u cn do in skool :-\ wot a shame innit :? but i fink u shud go 4 skool :D

afriend
10-25-2006, 05:40 PM
like mazed bhai sed...I get 2 weeks away from Hell...And u wanna send me back? :offended:?

chacha_jalebi
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
salaam

whatever you do, dont apply for some funky job or office work, cos you will be so bored :D, erm erm do teachin assistance or jus pretend you work @ ur uncles shop and stay home the 2 weeks :D:D:D:D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
lol..already mentioned that sis..

brother go wit what u think is best 4 u..because at the end of the day even if u choose to work in a medical feild mostly likely u'll be doin fieling,photocopying etc...beter than doing noting i guess...but once u trun 16 inshaAllah...then u can get into loadsa voluntry work which can boost ur confidence in working in the medical fields n all sorts..its only the 1st step so dont kill yourself ova it if it summat u dont want its the experience that counts:D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
noooo but if u wrk at a nusery itl b goood :D lil cute annoyin kidz :D:D lol

actuali u got a point, gettn away 4rm skool iz da main ting :p wot els cn u do ^o) hmmm.. we dnt hav much of an option.. :-\ dpendz on wot subjectz uve chosen

IbnAbdulHakim
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
or jus pretend you work @ ur uncles shop and stay home the 2 weeks :D:D:D:D
i got a nice slap for asking my dad if he'd let me do that.

well it wasnt nice but u kno wat i mean

IbnAbdulHakim
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
lol..already mentioned that sis..

brother go wit what u think is best 4 u..
Agreed ! Iqram u kno leading at ur masjid for two weeks sounds best for you :p

then u can get into loadsa voluntry work :w:
lol that word cracks me up :D

Helena
10-25-2006, 05:55 PM
work experince dilemma?

well i remember working in da hospital field as a accotant and a clerk....it was a pretty easy darn work....basically filing, answering da telephone, photocopying, using da comp and so on......managed to finish everything before hand....enjoyed it actually.....treated moi like a mini adult...bought moi cakes and prezzie for me birthday......well i enjoyed it....

u shud choose something that ur interested in...ur future career path...jus to feel early experince inshalah....

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
lol that work cracks me up :D
hey its the expereince that counts....its not thats bad:uuh:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
did u mean word? ^o) (2 mazed)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-25-2006, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
did u mean word? ^o) (2 mazed)
fixed :thumbs_up

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-25-2006, 06:10 PM
ohhh alreet.. but wots so funni :? :rollseyes

H4RUN
10-25-2006, 06:49 PM
lil ahem gangsta:p
dont get 2 worked up lol
i did mine last year, althogh i didn't get the workplace i wanted...i chose them cos i thought id get some heavy prezzies:p [cycle king...maybe a BIKE lollll ok well sum spare tubes:p or PC world :p mp3 players anyone? :p]
but i was stuck with maplin electronics.....
GOOD thing was it was in town, in the shoppin mall, so wooohooo, plus meet loadsa peeeps, u feel good cos u can say 2 sum1, ' i work in town' :p
did quite bit of work tho lol...
so all in all m8y, wrk xperience doesnt really matter when thinkin 4 the futre, yes u'll get xperience of the field...but honestly college wont look at your certificate, wel i very mch doubt it anyway....
SO erm, find somewhere that you will enjoy....
:D

Mujahidah4Allah
10-25-2006, 06:52 PM

go for the masjid :uhwhat teach the kids about Sheikh Shuraim ..

ma'salamah

Hijaabi22
10-25-2006, 07:00 PM

FRIGGIIIIIN WAT WORK EXPERIENCE! THEY JUS TREAT U AS A A SKIVVY!! DONT TAKE ANY CRAP 4RM EM OK DUDE, I DID MY YEAR 11 WORK EXP AT ABBEY NATIONAL BANK, APPARENTLY I WAS ''REAALLY GUD'' ALL I DID WAS FILIN N SAT BEHIND DA COUNTER LOLLL WAS QUITE A LAFF ACTUALLY

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
its year 10 u do it in.. not 11 :rollseyes lol

*btw sis eid mubarak.. cudnt say it yday :p*

looooool at sis mujahida :p

afriend
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM

go for the masjid :uhwhat teach the kids about Sheikh Shuraim ..

ma'salamah
:shade: Now you're talking....:shade: :coolious:

format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
lil ahem gangsta:p
dont get 2 worked up lol
i did mine last year, althogh i didn't get the workplace i wanted...i chose them cos i thought id get some heavy prezzies:p [cycle king...maybe a BIKE lollll ok well sum spare tubes:p or PC world :p mp3 players anyone? :p]
but i was stuck with maplin electronics.....
GOOD thing was it was in town, in the shoppin mall, so wooohooo, plus meet loadsa peeeps, u feel good cos u can say 2 sum1, ' i work in town' :p
did quite bit of work tho lol...
so all in all m8y, wrk xperience doesnt really matter when thinkin 4 the futre, yes u'll get xperience of the field...but honestly college wont look at your certificate, wel i very mch doubt it anyway....
SO erm, find somewhere that you will enjoy....
:D
;) My good man (bro :p)...I had exact same idea in mind ;D LOL!

Sister_6038
10-26-2006, 12:46 PM
you could actually do one week in one work environment and one week in another so you get the best of the awful world of work, whatever you do, try out an office environment, that will be enough to put you off working in one forever!!

ha im joking my work experience was a blast and that was in a office, but hey i guess its all what you make it

afriend
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
If that is possible then that would be great.

I want to have some fun too.

Sister_6038
10-26-2006, 12:53 PM
it should be my friend did one week with county court and the other in a solicitors, you can choose whatever you want to do as its you who sets it up, my little sister did some funky thing where she went to like 12 different work environments in two weeks, bah humbug, she got loads of freebies, i got £40 and thats a lot of money for a 14 year old kid, i think i was 14 cant remember it was so long ago

afriend
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
I didn't think you would get paid for your work. Well, jazakallah for your advice, I am going to see if I can work at two different locations. One week in a medical field, and the second week at PCWorld.

afriend2
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Salaam,

Ha, this is a coincidence considering I'm at my work experience right now. I chose to do it with my brother in his computer company (No this wasn't a sly way to come on LI :rollseyes )

Wassalam :peace:

afriend
10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
so you got to choose exactly where you were going to work? That's great I could work at home, testing out software for microsoft.

And then in my second week work at a clinic or GP surgery.

Re.TiReD
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM

lol yeah....i dint do work experience in skoolcoz...well just didnt an den las year i taught the kiddies in the masjid...its TOP!! trust me...

pharmacy that was sum nice experience try it :)

ma'salamah
yup....but the girlies go there...well ma m8 did...:)

so you got to choose exactly where you were going to work? That's great I could work at home, testing out software for microsoft.

lol :D you know what...just do anythin...at the end of the day its just the experience in a work environment that you need to look good on your CV..even then you can make stuff up...(i did! :D ) :w:

akulion
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM
grab a broom

go out and start cleaning up the streets

- will be helping society - doing a community service
- good deeds registered for striving for cleanliness
- can be put down in CV as voluntary community service
- good exercise
- good workout for the muscles
- also will make u more humble being able to put away all pride to serve society

afriend2
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM

Salaam,

We got given out forms where we put down occupations we wanted, in order of the best at the beginning. And the teacher's job is to find you a placement....

And if you have already spoken with a particular company/workplace then you're sorted.

Wassalam :peace:

Ur_Sister
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Its best to work in a field you are interested in e.g. if you want to become a doctor you should work in a hospital as it will give you an idea of you want to be in a future.

I wanted to work in a pharmacy but once I did my two weeks experience there I hated the job; it was so boring, rude customers and decided I would rather work in a office.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Its best to work in a field you are interested in e.g. if you want to become a doctor you should work in a hospital as it will give you an idea of you want to be in a future
not allowed 2 work in a hosp. until da age of 16

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.