/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith...

Fishman
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
:sl:
The Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) forbade a man from praying in his trousers (saaraweel) unless he had a wrapper (rida) on him. [Abu Dawud, al-Haakim and the hadeeth is Hasan]
How true is this?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

what wrapper? :oS

Fishman
10-25-2006, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

what wrapper? :oS
A thing like a sarong I suppose, or a thobe or the flappy bits on a kameez.

Pk_#2
10-25-2006, 11:02 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

maybe coz the trousers were short over the knees? i'm guessing but the wrapper, cloak or waheva wud cover it, hang on lemme find this hadith !

Tc Fish :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2006, 11:03 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

well the hadith states that it is hasan: 'The final verdict on a hadith, i.e. Sahih (sound), Hasan (good), Da`if (weak) or Maudu` (fabricated, forged), depends critically on this factor.'

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Hadith/Ulum/asb7.html

hope that helps

Pk_#2
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Jazakhala :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2006, 11:12 AM

wa iyyaki

Mawaddah
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
It's hasan like the sister stated.

Sheikh Albani also gave out a fatwa on praying in trousers.

When we say trousers here we mean those ones which are tight around the hips.

Reason being, when a man makes sujood, it becomes very tight and revealing and thus does not cover the awrah properly.

Wallahu A3lam.

Fishman
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

Reason being, when a man makes sujood, it becomes very tight and revealing and thus does not cover the awrah properly.

Wallahu A3lam.
Don't all Western trousers do this? When you prostate they pull foreward and press on the rear, whilst when you kneel they pull backward and press on the knees.

I used to think the trousers that the hadith was referring to were tight trousers like tracksuit bottoms, and that most western torusers were allowed. But after wearing a salwar kameez for all of yesterday (Eid clothes), which did not press on my awrah at all, I'm not so sure.

Fishman
10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Still no answer...

Mawaddah
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Don't all Western trousers do this? When you prostate they pull foreward and press on the rear, whilst when you kneel they pull backward and press on the knees.

I used to think the trousers that the hadith was referring to were tight trousers like tracksuit bottoms, and that most western torusers were allowed. But after wearing a salwar kameez for all of yesterday (Eid clothes), which did not press on my awrah at all, I'm not so sure.
That's exactly what I meant Brother.

The regular Western trousers which get tight on the rear when you kneel over. That's why you're supposed to wear something which covers your rear, like a salwar kameez top or an izaar or something.

Imagine, you're making prostration to your Lord wearing such revealing clothes!! isn't that sure sign of disrespect or what?

Fishman
10-25-2006, 04:00 PM
That's exactly what I meant Brother.

The regular Western trousers which get tight on the rear when you kneel over. That's why you're supposed to wear something which covers your rear, like a salwar kameez top or an izaar or something.
Firstly, I have no choice but to wear Western trousers at school, that's the school uniform. I have two pairs of school trousers. One of them is too long and goes past my ankles, whilst the other is too tight, according to this hadith.

Secondly, my parents probably don't want me to start wearing a salwar kameez regularly. They let me do it for Eid, but until I move out, a complete wardrobe change is unlikely.

Thirdly, since we should wear things that are the custom in this period (of the halal things), an izaar is probably a bad idea too.

Imagine, you're making prostration to your Lord wearing such revealing clothes!! isn't that sure sign of disrespect or what?
It's not easily avoidable at the moment, so presumably it's forgivable, right?

Mawaddah
10-25-2006, 04:04 PM
" Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope " [2:231]

:)

If possible, lengthen your shirt, if not possible, then the Ayat applies insha'allah.

Allahu A3lam.

Fishman
10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
" Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope " [2:231]

:)

If possible, lengthen your shirt, if not possible, then the Ayat applies insha'allah.

Allahu A3lam.
I do have several longer shirts, but they are not much longer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.