/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eid-different Days????

bluesky
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
:sl:
U KNOW 1 THING DAT IS SO :confused: IS DAT PPL CELEBRATE EID ON DIFFERENT DAYS, I MEAN WE'RE SUPPOSED 2 BE A BIG STRONG UMMAH, BUT INSTEAD WE CELEBRATE HAPPINESS ON DIFFERENT DAYS.
IT MAKES ME SOOOO ANGRY!:grumbling :rant: :mad: :anger:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
10-25-2006, 02:44 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Eid is bound to be celebrated on different days in different countries. But when it comes down to celebrating Eid on different days in the same country, then that's where you're in a pickle.

bluesky
10-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeh, I Mean In Da Same Country How Can Eid Be On Different Days, Not Like Da Moon Comes Out Different Days 4 Different Parts Of Da Country
:? :? :?

Fishman
10-25-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bluesky
U KNOW 1 THING DAT IS SO :confused: IS DAT PPL CELEBRATE EID ON DIFFERENT DAYS, I MEAN WE'RE SUPPOSED 2 BE A BIG STRONG UMMAH, BUT INSTEAD WE CELEBRATE HAPPINESS ON DIFFERENT DAYS.
IT MAKES ME SOOOO ANGRY!:grumbling :rant: :mad: :anger:
Does it really matter? We have Sunni and Shia, Salafists and Liberalists, Sufi and Orthodox, but what people moan about is something as trivial as celebrating Eid on different days!
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
10-25-2006, 04:56 PM
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=50412&ln=eng
Among the evidence that supports that is the report narrated by Muslim (1819) from Kurayb, that Umm al-Fadl bint al-Haarith sent him to Mu’aawiyah in Syria.

He said: I came to Syria and did her errand, then the new moon of Ramadaan came when I was in Syria, and I saw the new moon on Thursday night.

Then I came to Madeenah at the end of the month and ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) asked me about the new moon.

He said: “When did you see the new moon?”

I said: “We saw it on Thursday night.”

He said: “Did you see it?”

I said: “Yes, and the people saw it, and they fasted, and Mu’aawiyah fasted.”

He said: “But we saw it on Friday night, and we will carry on fasting until we complete thirty days or we see it.”

I said: “Is not the sighting and fasting of Mu’aawiyah sufficient for you?”

He said: “No; that is what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined upon us.”
If having different days was not a problem for the Sahâba, it shouldn't be a problem for us.

BlissfullyJaded
10-25-2006, 04:58 PM

^ Precisely brother. Jazakallah khair for that! :)

edil
10-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Salams everyone and I hoped you had a wonderful Eid. Most of the times its not about the moon cicle its about the muslims having different sects and thats why we have people celebrating at different days and that really angers me because its like seeing my people saying their muslims but celebrating different days as though they have a completly different religions. Salamz.

bluesky
10-25-2006, 08:17 PM
If having different days was not a problem for the Sahâba, it shouldn't be a problem for us.
:w:[/QUOTE]

YEH, I UNDERSTAND WHERE UR COMIN 4M, BUT WASN'T DAT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES :SYRIA AND MADINAH?
:?

umm aymin
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
salaams fyi : in south africa we too had a sighting last year in zimbabwe but it was not accepted even though zims falls within our region?? as opposed to the fact that the zim's accept sa's sighting almost every year & celebrate eed along with sa. Allahu Aalam. was salaam

AhlaamBella
10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
SubhanAllah! So confusing :heated:

ishkabab
10-25-2006, 11:43 PM
ive noticed some people live here in New York and they do eid according to Saudi Arabia ......

bluesky
10-26-2006, 03:03 PM
yeh, same in uk, whereas if u r livin in a non-islamic country i.e.uk, den ur supposed 2 do eid wiv da nearest muslim country, which 4 uk is morocco.
wasallam

cool_jannah
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM

I think nationalism is a BIG problem here too. Here in America, for some weird reason, mostly nationalism, Yemenis follow Yemen, Saudis follow Saudi, Turkish communities follow Turkey and so on. No matter what happens, even if they sight the moon in N. America they like to follow their countries. Only a few wise people who care about not messing up the days of Ramadan and the days of Laylatul Qadr actully look out for the moon before starting or ending the month. SubhanAllah may Allah bring us closer to the Sunnah of RasoolAllah, Salallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam and guide this Ummah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.