/* */

PDA

View Full Version : TV Times. What's up?!

AhlaamBella
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
SubhanAllah, in the UK all the good documentaries about Islam come on in the middle of the night (e.g. 12:30am) and the ones that show Islam in a bad light come on at prime time (e.g 8:00pm). It really annoys me! :rant:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohammed farah
10-26-2006, 01:32 AM
i know excactly what u mean its the media that give islam a bad name,
a few years ago channel 4 always used to show intresting and decent documentaries but now its all about islamterrorist islamterrorist islam terrorist

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 02:14 PM
and the ones that show Islam in a bad light come on at prime time (e.g 8:00pm).
They have documentaries in the UK that show Islam in a bad light? Or are you referring to the daily news reports?

afriend2
10-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Salaam,

There was one I remember was on at 8 I think, and it was called "I'm a gay muslim".

They didn't in fact mention, how it contradicts, and just said that Islam was too "backwards" :offended:
Wassalam :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 03:25 PM
They didn't in fact mention, how it contradicts, and just said that Islam was too "backwards"
Did the documentry say that islam was to "backwards" or did the "gay muslim" say this. There is a huge differences.

The Ruler
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
There was one I remember was on at 8 I think, and it was called "I'm a gay muslim".
:sl:

yeah i remember that :grumbling

i remember this programme that came on once and it actually showed the beautifu mosques around the world...that was great :happy:

:w:

Pk_#2
10-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Gay Muslims?:offended:

imsad Hmm..

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Gay Muslims?:offended:

imsad Hmm..
Could you point me towards the verse in the Quran which deems homosexuality to be bad. It is clear in the Torah, so I am just curious of what the Quran has to say.

afriend2
10-27-2006, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Did the documentry say that islam was to "backwards" or did the "gay muslim" say this. There is a huge differences.
Salaam,

Documentaries that show a one sided view of something, nearly always have a hidden agenda. From where I was sitting (which was on my mum's new sofa :)) they tried to imply that Islam needed to change. :heated:

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Documentaries that show a one sided view of something, nearly always have a hidden agenda. From where I was sitting (which was on my mum's new sofa :)) they tried to imply that Islam needed to change.
So then would you say that a documentry that shows all the good about Islam, but does not show or tell the viewer about the bad side of Islam also carries a hidden agenda. What I am thinking is if Islam and the Quran strongly condemn homosexuality, is their really a positive aspect a homosexual can attribute to Islam, as well as the other two montheistic religions which strongly condemn them?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
Salaam,

They didn't in fact mention, how it contradicts, and just said that Islam was too "backwards" :offended:
i actually saw this one, half way thru i decided to call my cousin who said that his gonna throw away his tv, its been defiled. At least some good came out of it

:lol:

but subhanALlah, its true, and yet the muslims are blind to how brainwashed they are. They really need to put down there magz, newspapers etc and pick up their quran's :anger:

AhlaamBella
10-27-2006, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but subhanALlah, its true, and yet the muslims are blind to how brainwashed they are. They really need to put down there magz, newspapers etc and pick up their quran's :anger:
Try telling them that and actually getting through lol.

There is a documentary on muslim women denied the right to be allowed into a mosque. The preview showed the Ummah in utter chaos. imsad

- Qatada -
10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Could you point me towards the verse in the Quran which deems homosexuality to be bad. It is clear in the Torah, so I am just curious of what the Quran has to say.

Check these links out insha'Allaah :)

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=homosexuality

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=homosexuality

Peace.

Muezzin
10-27-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
SubhanAllah, in the UK all the good documentaries about Islam come on in the middle of the night (e.g. 12:30am) and the ones that show Islam in a bad light come on at prime time (e.g 8:00pm). It really annoys me! :rant:
Because more controversial shows will get higher ratings, and what better time to get high ratings than primetime?

AhlaamBella
10-27-2006, 08:53 PM
*sulks* It still annoys me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.