/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Blackrook
10-26-2006, 06:37 AM
I am an immigration lawyer and I represent people from all over the world. Three of my clients right now are from Afghanistan. They are seeking political aslyum in the United States to get away from the Taliban.

My sister married an Egyptian, and converted to Islam. Previously, she was an athiest and her life was a total disaster. Now, she's settled down and taking life seriously.

So with that said, my personal experience with Muslim people has rather favorable. However, the image I get of Muslim people from the news is extremely bad.

Every day you hear about Muslims in the street rioting, burning churches, killing people, and committing acts of terrorism.

Ever since 9/11, people are perceiving Muslim people as the enemy. Every time a Muslim commits an act of violence, that perception grows stronger.

I'm sure you're all aware of the problem I'm talking about. The question I have is, what do you plan to do about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
10-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Hey Blackrook - nice to have you here! Welcome. :)
Yes, the problem you are talking about, we are quite aware of. It faces us everyday - I think about it everyday. Our strategy right now is education, education, education. It is a very complex problem - and I hardly think it can be solved in an instant. Some things are very overpowering - political decisions and the way people choose to act in certain situations can have a major effect on lifestyles and the perception others have of us.
My personal plan is this: Actions say more than words. I smile, attempt to have a friendly chat with everyone (not necessarily about Islam or the state of the world), have a joke with people, and do 'kind' things for people;e.g. give them advice if they're struggling (I'm a teacher), open doors, carry books - stuff that is hopefully considered to be polite.
I also wear hijab (cover modestly) and so what I do is very important.
If the topic comes up, yes, I will explain the Islamic viewpoint of the subject, but I refuse to do it in a way that would negate another persons point of view.

Thats all for now. Thanks for reading.
Peace

Pk_#2
10-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Peace be with you and may God guide you,

yeah welcome dude,

I dun get you man :oS

Sal3ma 7
10-27-2006, 02:09 AM
:welcome:
Hope u enjoy ur stay!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
hiya :)...:welcome: to the forums...hope you have a good, enjoyable and beneficial stay here :)...you will get to know the true face of islam here insha'allah (God willing)

looking forward to your posts :)

peace :peace:

Maimunah
10-27-2006, 02:31 PM
hello
welcome to Li
enjoy ur stay
peace

amatu
10-27-2006, 02:53 PM
welcome to the forum

Riya90
10-27-2006, 03:03 PM
welcome :)

Khayal
10-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi

:welcome:

Aisha20
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
:welcome: to da forum

جوري
10-27-2006, 10:42 PM
[BANANA]welcome to the forum[/BANANA]
to answer your Q
we are hoping it would go away like a bad itch caused by tinea pedis;)
seriousely what can we do about it? we are the new commis...... every few decades the "modern world" needs to create a new enemy....... we are the "it" child for now......... one good thing that has come out of it is, some are willing to pick a decent book and learn about Islam and Muslims or interact with some dignified conversation on forums the likes of this... as opposed to not knowing who or what we are at all........ the down fall is all you see plus the increased number of hate crimes and anti-islamic website in every terminal of the web........

with that being said ........have a beneficial stay
peace

amirah_87
10-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi ,

Welcome to LI, hope you have nice and beneficial stay!!

Peace :peace:

Ali_slave of Allah
10-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi ,

Welcome to da forum, hope you have nice and beneficial stay!!

snakelegs
10-28-2006, 01:50 AM
welcome to the forum!
peaceful muslims are boring and don't make good news stories.
also, the less peaceful among them are great for serving the political agenda that is fashionable these days.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!