/* */

PDA

View Full Version : seen a ghost?!!!!

nishom
10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Do ghosts actually exist or are they just a figment of our imagination.

Also,has anyone had a spooky experience?:uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Oooh I've had LOTS of spooky experiences

But naah, ghosts aren't real, in the Hadeeth already Rasulullah said there are no such things as ghosts.

But there are Jinns and they are even more scarier than ghosts at times!!

Fishman
10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nishom

:sl:
The 'ghost sightings' are either fakes or Jinn, at least that's what a scholar told me!
:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Oooh I've had LOTS of spooky experiences
!!
tell us then inshaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salmaan
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM

what you call as ghosts are actually jinns

and yes, sometimes some jinns scare and harm some people.....

nishom
10-26-2006, 11:34 AM
But i thought we cant see jinns.
If so what do people see?

Mawaddah
10-26-2006, 11:34 AM
A few 'creepy' experiences

So there was one time, when I had a party at my house (girls get together) whilst I was in Yemen and it finished real late so I didn't have time to clean up the house before rushing off to a talk (Sheikhs had come from Saudi) so me and my friends rushed off and left the house in a total mess, intending to clean up when we got back.

3 hours later, when we got back, I unlocked the front door of the house and walked in..........and I saw that the floors were flooded and water was running in the sink!! so I ran in and saw that the kitchen was spick and span and all the dishes washed and the countertops shining.........but the water was running and the floor flooded.

At first I thought that perhaps my brother or father had done it, but no! they were at classes for the whole day....so until now I'm still wondering, who did it? It was reallllll creepy at the time.

Another time (in Yemen also) I woke up in the middle of the night suddenly, and for some reason I was feeling really.....apprehensive, and alert, but I didn't know why....I listened for five minutes, but heard nothing, so I decided to go back to bed ( There was no electricity in that place at the time so I couldn't be bothered to light a candle and all ). So I try to go back to sleep, and all of a sudden I hear like whisperings in my ear......barely audible, but whisperings to be sure. But I thought it was all in my head so I just shook my head and turned over...and the whisperings came again!! realllllly loudly and right next to my ear. Well I was scared stiff already by this time, Subhanallah, and I was like frozen and then to top it off...I started feeling something gently gently stroking my legs!!! like realllllly cold fingers :uuh: . I began to read my Ayat al-Kursi, but all of a sudden that thing grabbed my legs and began scratching it......I just got up and ran to my parents room :lol:. It sure wasn't anyone playing a prank on me because my bedroom door was locked....Jinn most probably. And in the morning there were long bloody scratches on my legs :uuh:

And then another time, when we first moved to Yemen, it ws just before fajr, and like I said, there wasn't any electricity in that place, and the house was built in Bedouin style with the bathroom outside :rollseyes so me and my sis Nawal went out together to prepare for Fajr. All of a sudden my little brother who was 2 years at the time came running outside.....and we turned toward him and just began screaming!!!!
Because his face was transformed completely!!!!! AStaghfirullah....it was like a glowing green and his eyes were bloodshot red, and his nose had looked like a snout Wallahi.....and when we began screaming all of a sudden his face changed to normal and he began crying......but Nawal refused to go next to him for days after that :lol:

I've got to go get ready to go to work now, someone else can share :D

Mawaddah
10-26-2006, 11:35 AM
But i thought we cant see jinns.
If so what do people see?
Jinns can make themselves apparent to people in many shapes and forms if they wish to.

lolwatever
10-26-2006, 11:35 AM

i dont think jinn can be seen in their natural form... our eyes simply can't detect them....

in physics terms, can't detect the wavelenghts that they emit :p

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
^who says they even emit anything at all? lol

lolwatever
10-26-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
we'll never find out i guess... dat was just my lil hypothesis :hiding:

nishom
10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Once i had a vision of my late grandmother who gave me salaam.

This wasn't scary at all.

Was this my imagination? Cause at the time it felt real, and even today, i dont consider it to having imagined it.

Fishman
10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
They're made of 'fire' (or something that the Arabs didn't know about, like plasma or something, which was just explained to be fire), so they probably emmit some energy.

nishom
10-26-2006, 11:41 AM
In Surah Rahman, verse 15, it says,

'And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke'

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Adam, and thus humans, was made out of clay. Does that mean we resemble clay? Not at all. So in the same way, just cos jinn were made from fire, doesnt mean they are fire or resemble it...

not like humans dont emit anything anyway- infrared! but seriously allahu a'lam!

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM

jinns cannot be seen in their true original form....but jinns can take up the form of human beings....and they become visible to us...

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Once i had a vision of my late grandmother who gave me salaam.

This wasn't scary at all.

Was this my imagination? Cause at the time it felt real, and even today, i dont consider it to having imagined it.

hmm try and get it iterprated :)

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM

freaky stuff is the only thing for me... i kept hearing sum1 calling my name at jamia, people claim there's jinns but i dunno... wureva it was kept calling me n it was annoying so i told it'shurp wureva u r' :D and it did shut up :D

ma'salamah

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
i once saw an apparition lift my little cousin up in the kitchen.

thats about it :eek:

then the next day a cop came around and reported a murder in the house of a neighbour :uuh:

nishom
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah

hmm try and get it iterprated :)

ma'salamah

I dont feel the need for it to be interpreted.
I see it as my grandma giving me salaam-Period!!!!!
It was pretty strange though cause id never seeen her before as she lived in Pakistan and passed away their.
When I saw her I was like, who's that woman?
But later when I saw a picture of the same woman and my dad said it waqs His mom.
Im sure i didn't see any picture of her before cause otherwise, i would have known who it was when I saw her.
Anyway, my explanation for this is that i probably did see a picture of her when i was younger, but that i cant remember.

lolwatever
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
:lol: @ mazed n the aparition

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
wow bhai creepy...hmmm any more stories anyone?

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
I dont feel the need for it to be interpreted.
I see it as my grandma giving me salaam-Period!!!!!
It was pretty strange though cause id never seeen her before as she lived in Pakistan and passed away their.
When I saw her I was like, who's that woman?
But later when I saw a picture of the same woman and my dad said it waqs His mom.
Im sure i didn't see any picture of her before cause otherwise, i would have known who it was when I saw her.
Anyway, my explanation for this is that i probably did see a picture of her when i was younger, but that i cant remember.
hmmm ok akhi maybe u did see a pic of her when you were younger :)

ma'salamah

nishom
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Anyone remember that progremme

'STRANGE BUT TRUE?'

They should bring that back!!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
my bro sed he saw a figure form in the chimney once, lol that was funny tho i craked up n called him a nutter ;D

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 11:57 AM
bhai u expect people to believe you and call the rest nutters ^o)

ma'salamah

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok, so is it possible for human to contact Jinn and talk to them?

What about people like David Eykes who can speak to a loved one if you go to him?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
wow bhai creepy...hmmm any more stories anyone?

ma'salamah
an apparition is like a ghost, its basically a fake image

you wish i would giv u a rep :p

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
no bhai :offended: ur so cruel ya i told u.. but u broke the trust...

i've seen a ghost, wait no i havent but i think i have...

ma'salamah

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
^ you told me what :? lol.. wat?

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Ghosts do exist!!!!!-If the person believes them to be real then in that persons view they are real.

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
stop going off topic and b] you never read the bengali part did u punk!

anyways more ghost stories..

ma'salamah

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Once my Mom was looking at me and sad 'You look like a ghost.'

But then again, it was dinner time and I was looking at what she was serving for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
LOL hahaha hmm so ur the ghost of the house :)

ma'salamah

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:15 PM

um bro, ghosts are not real. a ghost is like a 'shadow' or something of a dead person, maybe its soul, or an impression, i dunno whatever- its some kind of see through white thing that looks like the dead person

anyway, dead people cant leave their graves!!! their souls are stuck there till day of judgement

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
:w: aha the powerof cheese has spoken yeh tis just jinns, no ghosts

ma'salamah

lolwatever
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
their bodies r decomposed there till DOJ.. btu their souls are in barzakh...

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:17 PM

um bro, ghosts are not real. a ghost is like a 'shadow' or something of a dead person, maybe its soul, or an impression, i dunno whatever- its some kind of see through white thing that looks like the dead person

anyway, dead people cant leave their graves!!! their souls are stuck there till day of judgement

Try telling that to someone whos seen a ghost or live in a haunted house.

Ooh, theres a good question,

DOES ANYONE LIVE IN A HAUNTED HOUSE?

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:18 PM
i think ur seeing jinns bro :?

ma'salamah

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
their bodies r decomposed there till DOJ.. btu their souls are in barzakh...
whats barzakh? :?

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:19 PM
barzakh where the soul/spirit of a person goes after death...

ma'salamah

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:20 PM
and that is where...?

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
it's a world of spirits i think...

ma'salamah

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
:w: aha the powerof cheese has spoken yeh tis just jinns, no ghosts

ma'salamah

'Ghosts' and 'Jinns' are mere WORDS.

Loads of people claim to see 'Ghosts'.

Whether you want to call them 'Ghosts' or Jinns' it doesn't matter.

We cant deny that people see these 'VISIONS.'

What is true, though, is the fact that whatever these people claim to see is real.

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM

umm according to islam-qa barzakh is a time not place.. :?
The belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah is that there is torment and punishment in the grave and life in al-barzakh (the interval between death and the Day of Resurrection), and there is blessing and pleasure, according to the status of the deceased.

Mujahidah4Allah
10-26-2006, 12:25 PM

yes yes sorry ppl ask me this and i find it hard to explain for sum reason :D

period of time.. thats the word i think...

ma'salamah

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Whether you want to call them 'Ghosts' or Jinns' it doesn't matter.
Bro, we are muslims, we KNOW jinns exist because god told us so! and theres no ghosts in islamic belief!

so if u see something that u think is 100% supernatural, its aint a ghost!!

lolwatever
10-26-2006, 12:26 PM
umm according to islam-qa barzakh is a time not place.. :?
oh k sorry i never knew that :)

jazaks
salams

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Bro, we are muslims, we KNOW jinns exist because god told us so! and theres no ghosts in islamic belief!

so if u see something that u think is 100% supernatural, its aint a ghost!!
OK, so if you see something supernatural its a jinn and not a Ghost.

I dont see the difference.

So rather than people seeing ghosts, they see jinns-But we cant contens that they didnt see anything.

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
In Arabian and Muslim folklore jinns are ugly and evil demons having supernatural powers which they can bestow on persons having powers to call them up. In the Western world they are called genies.
Legend has it that King Solomon possessed a ring, probably a diamond, with which he called up jinns to help his armies in battle. The concept that this king employed the help of jinns may have originated from 1 Kings 6:7, "And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought there, so there was neither hammer nor axe nor and tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building."

In Islam, jinns are fiery spirits (Qur'an 15:27) particularly associated with the desert. While they are disruptive of human life, they are considered worthy of being saved. A person dying in a state of great sin may be changed into a jinni in the period of a barzakh, separation or barrier.

The highest of the jinns is Iblis, formerly called Azazel, the prince of darkness, or the Devil. The jinns were thought by some to be spirits that are lower than angels because they are made of fire and are not immortal. They can take on human and animal shapes to influence men to do good or evil. They are quick to punish those indebted to them who do not follow their many rules.

In the "Arabian Nights" jinns or genies came from Aladdin's Lamp.

There are several myths concerning the home of the jinns. According to Persian mythology some of them live in a place called Jinnistan. Others say jinns live with other supernatural beings in the Kaf, mystical emerald mountains surrounding the earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
nishom,

what are you talking about...:?

do u know what a ghost is??

Ghosts are the supposed apparitions of the dead. A ghost is often thought to be the spirit or soul of a person who has remained on Earth after death. According to some sources, a ghost may be the personality of a person after their death, and not tied directly to the soul or spirit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost

thats explains better than i did... so ghosts are apparitions of dead people- jinns are creatures created by god!! who will be judged just like humans will! theres a huge difference!

jinns exist, ghosts dont!

lolwatever
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
^ matter solved
:threadclo

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:37 PM
The Qur’aanic View about the Jinn

Allah has enlightened us on the subject of Jinn through the seventy second (72nd) Surah Surah Al-Jinn, revealed late in Makkah and various other aayaat in the Holy Qur’aan. The Holy Qur’aan reveals that Jinn are created from fire whereas the human beings are created from clay. Although they are invisible to human eyes, the jinn can see us. Like human beings they are also entrusted with responsibilities (careers, family life, etc.). They too will be rewarded for their righteousness and will receive punishment for their wickedness.

“I created jinn and mankind only that they may worship me.” (Al Zariyat:56)

“Whosoever fears the standing before his Lord, for him there are two paradises.” (Rahman:46)

“And among us ( the Jinns ) there are the righteous folk and among us there are far from that; we are sects having different rules.” (Jinn:11)

Views from Ahadith

Ahadith enlighten us further and some of these are quoted below:

1. Jinn have been given power to change their form and appear in front of human beings in various forms; such as an animal, a reptile, or even a human being. In a hadith from Abu Saeed Khudri , it is believed that a jinn came in the form of a gigantic serpent. It is narrated that: “A sahabi , returning from the battle of Khandaq saw his newly wed wife stood outside their house. He could not bear this sight and got extremely angry . He pointed the spear (at her), which he had in his hand , and asked her for an explanation. She asked him to go inside the house and see what was there before taking any further action against her. She was obviously scared by what she had seen. He entered the house and saw a huge python. He killed the python but as he was returning, it suddenly attacked him and it was not known which of the two had died first.

Upon learning about the above incident, the Holy Prophet remarked, “Indeed you will find some inhabitants within your household, so whenever you come across any of these warn them three times, if they go away it is alright otherwise you may kill them.” The serpent, it seems, was a jinn.

Shaytaan, who is also from the family of Jinn, came in the form of an old man on the day of Badr (the famous battle in the year 2 A.H.). He tried to uplift the morals of the kafir fighters but when he saw the army of the angels descending to aid the Muslims, he could not bear the sight of them and ran away.

2. It was the custom of Jahiliyyah to fear the Jinn. Throughout their journey whenever the mushrikeen would break the journey in a desert or in a jungle, They would seek the refuge of the Jinns in that area. This would encourage the Jinn to cause a lot of disturbance and also increase their revolt.

3. Upon the advent of the Holy Prophet , many jinns accepted the mission and message of the Holy Prophet. They heard the Qur’aan read by the Noble Prophet while performing Fajr salaah in Ukaz and they also began to believe in the Prophet. As such, amongst the Jinns, there too are different religions, groups, sects and cults such as Christians, Jews, etc,. Among those who call themselves Muslims there are sects like Ahle Sunnah, Qadiani, Shiahs, etc.

Human beings are superior to Jinns. The Jinns can never harm human beings if tackled in the right manner. When a jinn starts to like someone he follows him or her around. If he does something extraordinary and that person gets frightened, the Jinn will tease him more but if he reacts in a brave manner, the Jinn will disappear.

Mujahid, a student of Ibn Abbas says: “After Ibn Abbas’s death a shaytaan would constantly appear before me in the form of Ibn Abbas whenever I started salaah. This got so worse that at times I was forced to break my salaah. So I decided to confront him next time he appeared and so I hid a dagger in my pocket and started salaah. When he came in front of me, I took out the dagger and jumped on him. He disappeared instantly and therafter he never came back.”

4.2 Similarly, Hazrat Thanwi rahmatullahi alaihe has narrated that: “Once in the city of Kufa, in Iraq, a merchant arrived and was searching for a rented accommodation. All the properties were full and someone directed him to a house which was empty and believed to be haunted. He was so tired that he did not care and decided to rent the property. When he was retiring to bed a huge black jinn came in front of him. He immediately started to recite the ‘Ayatul Kursi’. The jinn also followed his recitation and when he read the words, ‘Wala ya’uduhu hifzuhuma’ (‘And their ( the sky and the earth) safeguarding does not burden him’) the Jinn could not follow and stopped. The person understood the consequences of the words and recited the same words again and again until the jinn faded away. The merchant went to sleep and in the morning when he got up he saw the burnt ashes in the place where the jinn appeared. He was burnt by the power of Allah.”

Actions & Precautionary Measures

5. As mentioned above human beings are superior to Jinns and as such can eliminate contact and any harm caused by them, if we adopt the ways taught to us by our Holy Prophet. These are:

Do not stay in the state of impurity for a prolonged period.
Perform salaah five times daily;
Constant rememberance of Allah through zikr (the heart of a zakir is alive whereas a non -zakir’s heart is dead);
If confronted by a Jinn then recite Auzu billah ......; Lahawla wa la quwwata..... and the last two chapters of Qur'aan, Qul auzu birrabinas and Qul auzu birabil falaq;
Recite daily a few pages of Surah Baqara as shaytaan does not have the ability to enter a room in which Surah Baqara is read.

nishom
nishom,

what are you talking about...:?

do u know what a ghost is??

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost

thats explains better than i did... so ghosts are apparitions of dead people- jinns are creatures created by god!! who will be judged just like humans will! theres a huge difference!

jinns exist, ghosts dont!
AGREED UPON, GHOSTS AND JINNS ARE DIFFERENT BUT BOTH EXIST, EVEN THOUGH GHOSTS MAY MERELY EXIST WITHIN ONES MIND.

nishom
The world of the Jinn

Question:
I have read in the Holy Qur'an what a jinn is, but I really don't understand what they really are. Can you please send me more information on them.
Peace be unto you!

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate that the jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence in this life, which is to worship Allaah Alone, with no partner or associate. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone).” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

“O assembly of jinns and mankind! Did there not come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting unto you My Verses…?” [al-An’aam 6:130]

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world, with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinns and humans have some things in common, such as the possession of understanding and the choice between the way of good and the way of evil. The word jinn comes from an Arabic root meaning “hidden from sight”. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… Verily he [Shaytaan] and his qabeeluhu [his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe] see you from where you cannot see them…” [al-A’raaf 7:27]

Allaah has told us in His Book the essence from which the jinn were created. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame o fire.” [al-Hijr 15:27]

“And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.” [al-Rahmaan 55:15].

According to a hadeeth narrated by ‘Aa’ishah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels were created from light, the jinn were created from fire, and Aadam was created from that which has been described to you.” (Reported by Muslim, 5314).

Types of jinn

Allaah has created different types of jinn. Among them are some who can take on different forms, such as dogs and snakes; some who are like flying winds with wings; and some who can travel and rest. Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” (Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214. Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad).

The jinn and the sons of Aadam

Every individual among the sons of Aadam has a jinn who has been appointed to be his constant companion (qareen). Ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion.’ They said, ‘And you too, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Me too, but Allaah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good.’” (Reported by Muslim, 2814). Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on Muslim (17/175): “‘He has submitted’ … he became a believing Muslim. This is the apparent meaning. Al-Qaadi said: Know that the ummah is agreed upon the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was protected from Shaytaan, physically and mentally, and with regard to his speech. This hadeeth contains a reference to the warning against the fitnah (temptation, trial) and whispers of the qareen (constant companion from among the jinn). We know that he is with us so we should beware of him as much as possible.”

Their powers

Allaah has given the jinn powers that he has not given to humans. Allaah has told us about some of their powers, such as the ability to move and travel quickly. An ‘ifreet from among the jinn guaranteed to the Prophet Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) that he would bring the throne of the Queen of Yemen to Jerusalem in a moment faster than that needed for a man to get up from where he was sitting. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“An ‘ifreet (strong one) from the jinns said: ‘I will bring it [her throne] to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work.’ One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: ‘I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!’ – then when Sulaymaan saw it placed before him, he said, ‘This is by the Grace of my Lord…’” [al-Naml 27:39-40].

The food and drink of the jinn

The jinn eat and drink. Ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Someone from among the jinn called me, and I went with him and recited Qur’aan for them.’ He took us and showed us the traces of where they had been and the traces of their fires. They asked him for food and he said, ‘You can have every bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned that comes into your possession, as meat, and all the droppings as food for your animals.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘So do not use [these things] for cleaning yourselves [after relieving oneself], for they are the food and provision of your brothers.’” (Reported by Muslim, 450). According to another report: “A delegation of jinn from Naseebeen came to me, and what good jinn they are! They asked me for food and I prayed to Allaah for them, so that they would not pass by bones or droppings, but they would find food on them.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3571). The believing jinn may eat any bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not permit them to have anything on which Allaah’s name has not been mentioned – those are for the kuffaar among the jinn.

The beasts of the jinn

According to the hadeeth narrated by Ibn Mas’ood, that we have quoted above, the jinn asked the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for provision, and he said to them: “…and [you can have] all the droppings as food for your animals.”

The dwelling-places of the jinn

The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, ‘Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-khubuthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 142; and Muslim, 375). Al-Khattaabi explained that khubuth is the plural of khabeeth (evil or dirty – masculine form), and khabaa’ith is the plural of khabeethah (evil or dirty – feminine form), and that what is meant is male and female shayaateen.

Some jinns are Muslims and some are kaafirs

Allaah tells us that some of the jinn said (interpretation of the meaning):

“ ‘And some of us are Muslims, and of us some are al-qaasitoon (disbelievers – those who have deviated from the Right Path). And whosoever has embraced Islam, then such have sought the Right Path. And as for the qaasitoon, they shall be firewood for Hell.’” [al-Jinn 72:14-15]

The Muslims among the jinn are of different levels as regards righteousness and taqwa. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“[Some jinn said:] ‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups, each having a different way (religious sects, etc.)’” [al-Jinn 72:11]

The story of how the first jinn of this ummah became Muslim was narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out with a group of his Companions heading for the marketplace of ‘Ukaaz. This was when the shayaateen were prevented from getting any news from heaven, and shooting stars had been sent against them. The shayaateen went back to their people, who said, ‘What is the matter with you?’ They said, ‘We cannot get news from heaven, and shooting stars were sent against us.’ Their people said, ‘Nothing is stopping you from hearing news from heaven except some new event that must have happened. Go and look in the east and the west of the earth, and see if you can find out what it is that is stopping you from hearing news from heaven.’ Those who went out in the direction of Tihaamah came upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in Nakhlah, when he was on his way to ‘Ukaaz, and found him leading his Companions in Fajr prayer. When they heard the Qur’aan, they listened to it and said, ‘By Allaah, this is what is stopping us from hearing news from heaven.’ When they went back to their people, they said, ‘O our people, we have heard a wonderful Recital (the Qur’aan). It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allaah). [al-Jinn 72:2 – interpretation of the meaning]. Then Allaah revealed to His Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) the words (interpretation of the meaning): “Say (O Muhammad): ‘It has been revealed to me that a group of jinns listened (to this Qur’aan)…’ [al-Jinn 72:1], and Allaah revealed to him what the jinn had said.” (reported by al-Bukhaari, 731).

Their reckoning on the Day of Resurrection

The jinn will be called to account on the day of Resurrection. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, concerning the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “… but the jinns know well that they have indeed to appear (before Him) (i.e., they will be brought to account)” [al-Saffaat 37:158]: “They will be brought to judgement.” Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Baab Dhikr al-Jinn wa Thawaabihim wa ‘Iqaabihim.

Protection from the harm of the jinn

Because the jinn can see us while we cannot see them, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us many ways to protect ourselves from their harm, such as seeking refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, reciting Soorat al-Falaq and Soorat al-Naas (the last two Soorahs of the Qur’aan), and reciting the words taught by Allaah in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: ‘My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the shayaateen (devils). And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they may attend (or come near) me.’” [al-Mu’minoon 23:97-98]

Saying Bismillaah (in the Name of Allaah) before entering one’s home, before eating or drinking, and before having intercourse will also keep the Shaytaan from entering the house or partaking with a person in his food, drink and sexual activity. Similarly, mentioning the name of Allaah before entering the toilet or taking off one’s clothes will prevent the jinn from seeing a person’s ‘awrah or harming him, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “To put a barrier that will prevent the jinn from seeing the ‘awrah of the sons of Aadam, let any one of you say ‘Bismillaah’ when entering the toilet.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 551; Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3611).

Strength of faith and religion in general will also prevent the jinn from harming a person, so much so that if they were to fight, the one who has faith would win. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man from among the Companions of Muhammad met a man from among the jinn. They wrestled, and the human knocked down the jinn. The human said to him, ‘You look small and skinny to me, and your forearms look like the front paws of a dog. Do all the jinn look like this, or only you?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, among them I am strong, but let us wrestle again, and if you defeat me I will teach you something that will do you good.’ The human said, ‘Fine.’ He said, ‘Recite, ‘Allaah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever-living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…’ [Aayat al-Kursi – al-Baqarah 2:255 – interpretation of the meaning]. The human said, ‘Fine.’ He said, ‘You will never recite this in your house but the Shaytaan will come out of it like a donkey breaking wind, and he will never come back in until the next morning.’” (Reported by al-Daarimi, 3247).

This is a brief summary about the jinn, and their nature and characteristics. Allaah is the Best of protectors and the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:38 PM
The causes of being possessed –

Ibn Taimiya explained, possession of the human by the jinn can occur from desires, lusts, passions, zealousness in the same way that a human is in accord with another human...And it also occurs, and this is the majority of the case, due to hatred and revenge. For example one of the humans harms a jinn or the jinn thinks the human was trying to harm them by urinating on some jinn or throwing some hot water on them, or a human might kill a jinn, even though a human might not have realized that.

Our obligation towards them

We mentioned that the jinn have been ordered to worship according to the prescribed law. If a Muslim is able to contact a jinn, in the same way that a human speaks to a jinn that has taken over a human body, the Muslim must seek to enforce the Islamic law upon the jinn, that is encourage the jinn to do good and so on.

If the possessed is from the first type above, due to desires, lust or passion, then it is a great lewd act that has been prohibited by Allah for humans and jinn. This is true even if it is with the approval of the other party – therefore, what must obviously be the ruling if the other party does not like it? It is a lewd and oppressive act. One must tell the jinn that and inform him that it is a prohibited act and provide evidence against such an act such that the ruling is clear to him. And inform him that is the rule of Allah and His Messenger that was sent to all the beings: human or jinn.

If it is from the 2nd type, where some human had harmed them, if the human was not aware of that, then inform the jinn that the human was acting in ignorance and that he did not intend to harm the jinn. Therefore he does not deserve the punishment that is being given to him. If the action occurred in the person’s house or on his property, then inform the jinn that the person was just acting in a manner that was permissible to him. And the jinn need not live in a place that belongs to a human without the human’s permission for they are allowed the dilapidated and abandoned buildings.

Ibn Taimiya said, If the jinn is wronging the human, then inform the jinn of the rule of Allah and His Messenger and provide evidences for him to establish proof against him. And order him to do good and forbid him from doing evil, in the same manner that one treats another human. As Allah says, “We never punish until We have sent a messenger” (al-Israa 15). And He says, “O you assembly of the jinn and humankind. Came there not unto you messengers of your own who recounted unto you of My tokens and warned you of the meeting of this your Day?” (al-Anaam 130).

Abusing the jinn and striking them

Ibn Taimiya mentions that it is obligatory to aid one's brother who is being wronged. The one who is a victim of possession is being wronged. But aid is also only done with justice, as Allah has ordered. If one does not drive away the jinn with exhortation, proof and consultation, then it is allowed to abuse, strike or curse the jinn in order to drive it away. This is what the Prophet (pbuh) did with the devil who put a flame of fire in his face, he said " I seek refuge in Allah from you, and I curse you with the curse of Allah." He said that three times.

Ibn Taimiya also mentioned that one may be forced to strike the jinn in order to drive it away. One may strike the possessed numerous times as the strikes will harm the jinn and not the human who is being harmed, until the person comes to and he will not have felt a thing. There will be no mark left on the person himself. It has been the case that some have been struck 300 to 400 times on the leg, such that had it been a human he would have been killed. But it is the jinn that is being hit and screams. Ibn Taimiya has related that he himself has done and witnessed such an act on many occasions.

Using dhikr and Quranic reciting as help against the jinn

The best thing that can be used against the jinn in the case of possession is the mentioning of Allah and reciting the Quran, especially the verse of the throne (al-Baqara 255), "For whoever reads it, Allah will not stop to have a protector for him and Satan will not come close to him until morning." This is in a hadith from Sahih al-Bukhari that was presented earlier.

Ibn Taimiya wrote, The numerous people who have experienced these events all confirm amazing effectiveness of this verse and warding off devils and breaking their spells. It has a great effect in repelling devils and breaking their spells. It has a great effect in repelling devils from humans, from the possessed and from those picked out by devils, such as wrongdoers, people with bad tempers, those who follow their desires and lusts, musicians and those who become ecstatic through whistling and clapping. If these verses are read over them with sincerity to Allah, the devils will leave. It will put an end to the mirages created by the devils. It will also disclose the falseness of those, the brothers of the devils, who perform miraculous acts. The devils inspire their devotees with some knowledge that the ignorant think are miracles that Allah grants His pious servants. In fact, they are simply satan's acts of deception over his devotees, of those whom have earned Allah's wrath and those who have gone astray.

What the healer must be like

It is necessary that the one who is trying to cure the possessed be of strong faith and full of conviction that the remembrance of Allah and Quranic recitation will have an effect on the person and the jinn. The stronger the faith, the stronger the effect on the jinn. Perhaps the person is stronger than the jinn in faith and, therefore he drives the jinn out. Perhaps the jinn is stronger and, therefore, he does not leave. Perhaps the person is weak in faith and the jinn has intended him harm. So the person must continue to make supplications and invoke the aid of remembrance of Allah and Quranic recitation, in particular the verse of the Throne.

Incantations and Invocations

Ibn Taimiya stated, Concerning curing the possessed by means of incantations and invocations, there are two types: One type is where the meaning of the incantation is clear. It is within what Islam allows to be said by a person, such as prayers to Allah and mentioning His name and His speech to His creation and so on. This type is allowed to be used as an incantation in the case of possession as is confirmed in the Sahih that the Prophet pbuh said, "What is permissible in incantations is what does not contain any polytheism." And he also said, "If one of you is able to aid his brother, then he should do so."

If the incantation contains statements that are forbidden, such as elements of some type of polytheism, or they have no understandable meaning to them, which might imply some words of disbelief, then it is not allowed for anyone to use such an incantation. This is the ruling even if the jinn should leave after its use because Allah and His Messenger have prohibited it due to its harm being greater than its benefit.

He also mentioned at another place that many of those people who use polytheistic incantations are unable to repel the jinn. Many times they are not able to over power the jinn when they ask them to kill or capture a jinn that has possessed a human. The jinn deceives them and makes it seem like they killed or captured that jinn

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Last time, we talked about the unseen world of angels, and mentioned that having the correct belief in the angels is a requirement of faith. This time, we are going to discuss another unseen world; that of the jinn. Some people are skeptical of the existence of the jinn, while others resort to far-fetched, distorted interpretations of these creatures in order to suit their whims and personal fancies, such as claiming that the jinn are microbes. In this country, a certain heretical group teaches that the white man is the devil (evil jinn). This preposterous idea would imply either that the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam was black, or that he was a devil (Allah forbid!). Both of these conclusions are clear blasphemy, for they contradict conclusive historical facts and common sense.

What are the jinn?

The reality, which it is obligatory to affirm, is that the jinn are an established world, unseen to us. They eat, drink and procreate, and among them are both righteous and wicked individuals. The word jinn itself comes the Arabic root meaning "something hidden which cannot be seen."

The existence of the jinn is firmly corroborated by the Qur'an, authentic sunnah and consensus of scholars (Ijma`), and thus one who denies their existence is outside the pale of Islam. Suffice it to say that the word jinn and its derivatives occur at least 29 times in the Qur'an, and the word shaytaan and its plural shayaateen together occur more than 80 times. In fact, there is an entire surah called Surat al-Jinn (72), which speaks in clear, explicit terms about the jinn.

Their Creation

Ibn `Abbas radiallahu `anhu said, "Two thousand years before [mankind] was created, there were jinn on [the earth], and they caused corruption on the earth and shed blood. Then, Allah sent against them a troop of angels who beat them and then cast them away to the islands in the seas. So, when Allah said, (translated), "'I am placing a viceregent upon the earth,' they said, 'Will You place therein one who will cause corruption therein and shed blood,'" [2 (Al-Baqarah), 30] i.e. just as those jinn did? Then, Allah said, (translated), "I know that which you do not know." (Related by Al-Hakim.) Thus, jinn were created before mankind, as attested to clearly by the Qur'an also. Their origin is from fire. "And verily, We created mankind . . . and the jinn We had created before from smokeless fire." [15 (Al- Hijr), 26-27] They are the descendants of Iblees, who disobeyed Allah's command to prostrate to Adam, and became known as the Satan (Shaytaan).

We cannot ordinarily see them, unless they materialize. When they materialize, it is usually in an unpleasant or ugly form, such as a snake or a black dog, as opposed to angels (who materialize into pleasant and handsome forms). In the battle of Badr, Iblees materialized into the form of a man named Suraqah ibn Malik, and urged on the disbelievers, saying, "There is none who can overcome you today," [8 (Al-Anfaal), 48] Then, Allah sent the angel Jibreel (Gabriel) against him, and when Iblees saw him he cried out to the disbelievers, "I have nothing to do with you! I see that which you do not see! I fear Allah, and Allah is severe in retribution," and then he fled.

Their Lifestyle

They are accountable, just as human beings are. "I created jinn and mankind only in order that they might worship Me." [51 (Adh-Dhaariyaat), 56] There are believers amongst them, who will be rewarded, and disbelievers, who will be punished. "And indeed, there are amongst us Muslims and amongst us wrongdoers. As for those who accept Islam, they have sought out the right path. And, as for the wrongdoers, they will be firewood for Jahannam." [72 (Al-Jinn), 14-15] Whenever Allah sent a prophet to mankind, the jinn of that time could also receive his message. Thus, some of them received the message of Prophet Moses `alayhis-salam. Some jinn came to the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam one night, and he went with them, recited Qur'an to them, and taught them about Islam. (Related by Muslim.)

They eat and drink, and have fiqh regulations similar to ours. Just as we eat meat of animals over whose slaughter the name of Allah was recited, the jinn are allowed to eat bones of such animals, and therefore the Prophet sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam has instructed us not use these for istinjaa'. On the authority of `Abdullah ibn `Umar : the Messenger of Allah sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam said, "When one of you eats, he should eat with his right hand, and when one of you drinks, he should drink with his right hand, for Satan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand." (Related by Muslim.) Satan also partakes of our food if we neglect to mention the name of Allah before eating.

A verse of the Qur'an indicates that they have conjugal relations. "Therein [in Heaven] are [women] of modest gaze, whom neither human being nor jinn have touched before." [55 (Al- Rahman), 56] Another verse establishes that they beget children. "Will you then take [Iblees] and his offspring as protectors in preference to Me, although they are an enemy to you?" [18 (Al- Kahf), 50]

Although the jinn tend to have longer lifespans than ours, they also die and pass away, as evidenced by the Qur'an [7 (Al- A`raaf), 38] Iblees, however, has been given respite upto the Day of Arising. "[Allah] said, You are, then, among those given respite, upto the day of the time known [and appointed]" [38 (Saad), 81-82]

The shayaateen (devils)

The shayaateen (devils; the singular is shaytaan) are the disbelieving jinn, but the word shaytaan is also used for those disbelieving human beings who are active in corruption and fighting Islam. "Thus have We made, for every Prophet, an enemy, the shayaateen of mankind and jinn, inspiring one another with flowery discourses by way of deception." [6 (Al-An`aam), 112] As for those jinn who are prominent in mischief-making, they are referred to as mareed (plural: maradah), meaning froward or rebellious. "Among mankind is he who disputes about Allah&127; without knowledge, and follows every froward shaytaan." [22 (Al- Hajj),3]

Iblees has his throne in the sea, and he sends out his dispatchments who aggravate people. The greatest of them before him is the one who has caused the most fitnah. One of his workers comes and tells him, "I did not leave [my victim] until I brought about separation between him and his wife." Iblees draws him near, and says to him, "Yes! You (are the best!)" (Related by Muslim.)

Eavesdropping on the heavens

The shayaateen go up into the heavens, trying to eavesdrop on the angels. `A'ishah radiallahu `anha said that she asked the Prophet sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam about how it is that the fortune-tellers sometimes foretell something which turns out true. He replied that that is the word of truth which the jinn manages to catch, and so he comes and whispers it in the ear of the fortune-teller, and to one truth he adds a hundred lies. (Related by Bukhari and Muslim.) Allah sends meteorites against these eavesdropping shayaateen, but sometimes one of them might pass on what he has heard to another jinn.

Their effect on humans

Every human being is always accompanied by a jinn, who tries to incite him to evil, but the Prophet sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam 's jinn was unable to harm him. On the authority of Ibn Mas`ud : The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, "there is not any one of you except that he has been assigned his companion from among the jinn and his companion from among the angels." They said, "Even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He replied, "Even me, except that Allah has helped me against him, so that I am unharmed (or, so that he has accepted Islam), and so he orders me to do nothing but good." (Related by Muslim.) Thus, terrible thoughts may sometimes occur to us, but we are not responsible for these promptings provided we neither allow them to take root within us, nor act upon them. The fact that we recognize them as evil is itself a sign of our faith.

Satan runs through the children of Adam with the running of blood. It is possible for jinn to enter human beings and possess them. "Those who consume interest (ribaa) do not arise except as he arises whom Satan has driven to madness by his touch." [2 (Al- Baqarah), 275]

Protection from the shayaateen

In the authentic hadith related by Bukhari and Muslim, the Prophet sallallahu `alayhe wa-sallam has instructed us to recite the following supplication before having intercourse with our wives. "Bismillaah. Allaahumma jannibnash-shaytaana wa-jannibish- shaytaana maa razaqtanaa." (In the name of Allah. O Allah! Spare us from Satan, and repel Satan from that wherewith You have provided us.) Then, if a child is conceived, Satan will never&127; harm him.

The shayaateen like to frequent filthy areas such as restrooms. Thus, we should ensure that we recite the sunnah supplication (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim) before entering the restroom, "Allaahumma innee a`oodhu bika minal-khubuthi wal-khabaa'ith." (O Allah! I seek refuge with You from male and female devils.)

Reciting Ayat al-kursiyy [2 (Al-Baqarah), 255] at bedtime ensures that no devil will come close to you until the morning. (Related by Bukhari.) Saying "Laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahoo laa shareeka lahoo lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa-huwa `alaa kulli shay'in qadeer" (There is no god but Allah, alone, without any partner, His is the kingdom, and His is praise, and He has power over all things) 100 times in the morning provides protection from Satan till the evening. (Related by Bukhari and Muslim)

In general, frequent remebrance of Allah and obedience to Him provides immunity from the shayaateen. "Whoever withdraws himself from the rembrance of [Allah] Most Gracious, We assign to him a shaytaan, to be his comrade." [43 (Az-Zukhruf), 36] "[Satan] has no authority over those who believe and place trust in their Lord." [16 (An-Nahl), 99]

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amatu
i think ur rite sis ghost dont exist but jinns do

IM SURE YOULL CHANGE YOUR MIND IF YOU SEE A GHOST!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
JINN ACCORDING TO THE QURAN AND SUNNAH

The Different Types

Book - "The World of the Jinn and Devils", p. 7

Ibn Abdul Barr said, "The jinn, according to the scholars of the language, are of different types:

If one is mentioning the jinn purely of themselves, the are called jinni.*

If one is mentioning the jinn that live among mankind, they are called aamar whose plural is amaar.

If one is mentioning the ones that antagonize the young, they are called arwaah.

If one is mentioning the evil ones that antagonize humans they are called shaitan for the singular [and shayateen for plural].

If they cause even more harm and become strong, they are called afreet."**

*Notice the similar sound between jinni and english's "genie". TV and other media have twisted the concept of jinn; however, it is interesting to note its origin is from Islam. "I Dream of Jeannie" is a TV show based around a Genie (jinni, plural of jinn). In this show, Jeannie, the genie, frequently was given a request and the requestor never quite got what was requested as she was always creating unintentional mischief. However we understand that the shaitan among the jinn antagonize humans, not that they are kind beings who accidentally mess up on occasion. Those who seek aid (such as asking for favors or making request) from the jinni will find deception and a twisted type of aid that doesn't really meet the requestor's original request, but that satisfies the shaytaanic jinn's desire for evil.

**An Ifrît (strong) from the jinns said: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work." [The Noble Qur'an 27:39]

Narration - Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214

Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” [Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad]

The Origin of the Jinn

The jinn are NOT fallen angels. They were created from a smokeless flame of fire. The first recorded jinn to be disobedient is Iblis. Disbelieving, disobedient jinn and humans are known as shayateen (satans).

The Noble Qur'an - Ar-Rahmaan 55.15: He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery. And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hijr 15.26-42: And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. "So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him." So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together. Except Iblîs (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators. (Allâh) said: "O Iblîs (Satan)! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators?" [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud." (Allâh) said: "Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Rajîm (an outcast or a cursed one)." [Tafsîr At-Tabarî] "And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)." [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected." Allâh said: "Then, verily, you are of those reprieved, "Till the Day of the time appointed." [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all. "Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them." (Allâh) said: "This is the Way which will lead straight to Me." "Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghâwîn (Mushrikûn and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).

Solomon's Experience with the Jinn

Allah made all the jinn subservient to the Prophet Sulaimaan (Solomon), a gift from Allah, swt, that will never be granted to another after him.

The Noble Qur'an - Saad 38.35-39: He said: "My Lord! Forgive me, and bestow upon me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after me: Verily, You are the Bestower." So, We subjected to him the wind, it blew gently to his order whithersoever he willed, And also the Shayâtin (devils) from the jinns (including) every kind of builder and diver, And also others bound in fetters. [Saying of Allâh to Sulaimân (Solomon)]: "This is Our gift, so spend you or withhold, no account will be asked."

The Noble Qur'an - Saba' 34.12-14: And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months' journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinns that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord, and whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire. They worked for him what he desired, (making) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places). "Work you, O family of Dâwud (David), with thanks!" But few of My slaves are grateful. Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaimân (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinns) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick, so when he fell down, the jinns saw clearly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.

The Noble Qur'an - An-Naml 27.17-19: And there were gathered before Sulaimân (Solomon) his hosts of jinns and men, and birds, and they all were set in battle order (marching forwards). Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaimân (Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not." So he [Sulaimân (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech[] and said: "My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."

Every human has a partner Jinn

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 6757, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, similar narration 6759 by 'Aisha, r.a. Allah's Apostle said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Apostle with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.

Distancing Oneself

Fiqh 4.124: Anas reported that the Prophet said, "The barrier between the eyes of the Jinn and the nakedness of the Children of Adam is [created] when a Muslim discards a garment and says, 'In the name of Allah besides Whom there is no other god'." (Ibn As-Sinni)

Hadith - Ahmad, an-Nasa'i, Dawud, al-Hakim and al-Baihaqi Qatadah related from 'Abdullah ibn Sarjas who said, "The Messenger of Allah forbade urination into a hole." Said Qatadah, "What is disliked about urinating into a hole?" Said he, "It is the residence of the jinn." [Ibn Khuzaimah and Ibn as-Sakin classified it as sahih]

More About the Jinn

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:533, Narrated Jabi bin 'Abdullah: The Prophet said, "Cover your utensils and tie your water skins, and close your doors and keep your children close to you at night, as the Jinns spread out at such time and snatch things away. When you go to bed, put out your lights, for the mischief-doer (i.e. the rat) may drag away the wick of the candle and burn the dwellers of the house." Ata said, "The devils." (instead of the Jinns).

Hadith - Sunan of Abu Dawood, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri : Muhammad ibn AbuYahya said that his father told that he and his companion went to AbuSa'id al-Khudri to pay a sick visit to him. He said: Then we came out from him and met a companion of ours who wanted to go to him. We went ahead and sat in the mosque. He then came back and told us that he heard AbuSa'id al-Khudri say: The Apostle of Allah said: Some snakes are jinn; so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it a warning three times. If it return (after that), he should kill it, for it is a devil.

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 54.33:...The snake stirred on the end of the spear and the youth fell dead. No one knew which of them died first, the snake or the youth. That was mentioned to the Messenger of Allah said, "There are jinn in Madina who have become muslim. When you see one of them, call out to it for three days. If it appears after that, then kill it, for it is a shaytan." "'

Hadith - Muwatta, 49.21:...Shaytan does not open a locked door or untie a tied knot, or uncover a vessel.

Hadith - Tirmidhi #350: Allah's Messenger said: Don't cleanse yourself with dung or with bones for that is the food of your brothers from amongst the Jinn. [Transmitted by Tirmidhi, Nasa'i with this exception that he did not make mention of: The Food of your brothers from amongst the jinn.]

The Noble Qur'an - Ar-Rahmaan 55.56: Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

Hadith - Abu Dawood 1046, Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib: Ali said on the pulpit in the mosque of Kufah: When Friday comes, the devils go to the markets with their flags, and involve people in their needs and prevent them from the Friday prayer. ...

Allah will fill Hell with jinns and men all together

The Noble Qur'an - As-Saaffaat 37.158: And they have invented a kinship between Him and the jinns, but the jinns know well that they have indeed to appear (before Him) (i.e. they will be brought for accounts).

The Noble Qur'an - Huud 11.119: Except him on whom your Lord has bestowed His Mercy (the follower of truth - Islâmic Monotheism) and for that did He create them. And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled (i.e. His Saying): "Surely, I shall fill Hell with jinns and men all together."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6.130-131: O you assembly of jinns and mankind! "Did not there come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting unto you My Verses and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say: "We bear witness against ourselves." It was the life of this world that deceived them. And they will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers. This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrongdoing (i.e. associating others in worship along with Allâh) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent).

The Noble Qur'an - Al-A'raaf 7.179: And surely, We have created many of the jinns and mankind for Hell. They have hearts wherewith they understand not, they have eyes wherewith they see not, and they have ears wherewith they hear not (the truth). They are like cattle, nay even more astray; those! They are the heedless ones.

Fortune-tellers/Soothsayers

Hadith - Al-Bukhari 7.657, Narrated 'Aisha, r.a: Some people asked Allah's Apostle about the foretellers. He said. -They are nothing." They said, -O Allah's Apostle! Sometimes they tell us of a thing which turns out to be true." Allah's Apostle said, "A Jinn snatches that true word and pours it into the ear of his friend (the foreteller) (as one puts something into a bottle). The foreteller then mixes with that word one hundred lies."

Muslim Jinn

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zaariyaat 51.56: And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).

Hadith - Tirmidhi #861, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah, Tirmidhi reported and said: This is a gharib hadith. Allah's Messenger came out to his companions and recited Surah ar-Rahman (55) from the beginning to the end, but they remained silent. Thereupon he said: I recited this before the Jinn on the night of Jinn, and their response was better than that of yours. When I came to these words: `Then which of the favours of your Lord do you deny?' They said: Our Lord, there is nothing that we deny of Thy favour; to Thee is praise due.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Jinn 72.1-14: Say (O Muhammad): "It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinns listened (to this Qur'ân). They said: 'Verily! We have heard a wonderful Recital (this Qur'ân)! 'It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allâh). 'And exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, He has taken neither a wife, nor a son (or offspring or children). 'And that the foolish among us [i.e. Iblîs (Satan) or the polytheists amongst the jinns] used to utter against Allâh that which was wrong and not right. 'And verily, we thought that men and jinns would not utter a lie against Allâh. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief. 'And they thought as you thought, that Allâh will not send any Messenger (to mankind or jinns). 'And we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires. 'And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush. 'And we know not whether evil is intended for those on earth, or whether their Lord intends for them a Right Path. 'There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups each having a different way (religious sect, etc.). 'And we think that we cannot escape (from the punishment of) Allâh in the earth, nor can we escape (from the punishment) by flight. 'And indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Qur'ân), we believed therein (Islâmic Monotheism), and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an increase in punishment for his sins. 'And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allâh, after listening to this Qur'ân), and of us some are Al-Qâsitûn (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path)'. And whosoever has embraced Islâm (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allâh), then such have sought the Right Path."

Shaytaan

The shaytaan can be human or jinn...

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6.112: And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies - Shayâtin (devils) among mankind and jinns, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it, so leave them alone with their fabrications.

Know your enemy...

The Noble Qur'an - Faatir 35.6: Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zukhruf 43.62: And let not Shaitân (Satan) hinder you (from the right religion, i.e. Islâmic Monotheism), Verily, he (Satan) to you is a plain enemy.

Shaitaan tells you to fear people instead of Allah, swt...

The Noble Qur'an - Az-Zukhruf 43.62: It is only Shaitân (Satan) that suggests to you the fear of his Auliyâ' [supporters and friends (polytheists, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger, Muhammad)], so fear them not, but fear Me, if you are (true) believers.

The jinn's power is to Whisper/Deceive

The Noble Qur'an - An-Naas 114.1-6: Say: "I seek refuge with (Allâh) the Lord of mankind, "The King of mankind, "The Ilâh (God) of mankind, "From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allâh), "Who whispers in the breasts of mankind, "Of jinns and men."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6.128: And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): "O you assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men," ...

The Noble Qur'an - Al-'Anaam 6.112: And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies - Shayâtin (devils) among mankind and jinns, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception)....

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nahl 16.99-100: Verily! He has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allâh).

His power is only over those who obey and follow him (Satan), and those who join partners with Him (Allâh) [i.e. those who are Mushrikûn - polytheists - see Verse 6:121].

The Noble Qur'an - Ibrahiim 14.22: And Shaitân (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allâh promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allâh (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)."

Supplication for one afflicted by whisperings in prayer or recitation...

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 5463, Narrated Uthman ibn Abul'As, r.a. Uthman came to Allah's Messenger and said: Allah's Messenger, the Satan intervenes between me and my prayer and my reciting of the Qur'an and he confounds me. Thereupon Allah's Messenger said: That is (the doing of the Satan) who is known as Khinzab, and when you perceive its effect, seek refuge with Allah from it and spit* three times to your left. I did that and Allah dispelled that from me.

* this is a dry spit in the air

Seeking refuge IN the Jinn

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Jinn 72.6-7: 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief. 'And they thought as you thought, that Allâh will not send any Messenger (to mankind or jinns).

The Noble Qur'an - Ibrahiim 14.22: And Shaitân (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allâh promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allâh (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6.100-102: Yet, they join the jinns as partners in worship with Allâh, though He has created them (the jinns), and they attribute falsely without knowledge sons and daughters to Him. Be He Glorified and Exalted above (all) that they attribute to Him. 01. He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have children when He has no wife? He created all things and He is the All-Knower of everything. . Such is Allâh, your Lord! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Creator of all things. So worship Him (Alone), and He is the Wakîl (Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian, etc.) over all things.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-An'aam 6.128: And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): "O you assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men," and their Auliyâ' (friends and helpers, etc.) amongst men will say: "Our Lord! We benefited one from the other, but now we have reached our appointed term which You did appoint for us." He will say: "The Fire be your dwellingplace, you will dwell therein forever, except as Allâh may will. Certainly your Lord is AllWise, AllKnowing."

Seeking refuge FROM the Evil Jinn

Say " 'audhu billah" (I seek refuge in Allah) and other dhikr (remembrance of Allah, swt) when the evil whisper of Shaitaan comes upon you, such as:

When becoming angry,

Having confusing or disobedient thoughts,

When approached by arrogants who dispute the Truth of the ayats of Allah, swt,

When about to recite Qur'an,

Or when in any situation that Quran and Sunnah teaches you is a result of the shaitaan.

The Noble Qur'an - Fussilat 41.36: And if an evil whisper from Shaitân (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad SAW) (from doing good, etc.), then seek refuge in Allâh. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-A'raaf 7.200-201: And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitân (Satan) then seek refuge with Allâh. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Verily, those who are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2), when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitân (Satan), they remember (Allâh), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

The Noble Qur'an - Ghaafir 40.56: Verily, those who dispute about the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, without any authority having come to them, there is nothing else in their breasts except pride [to accept you (Muhammad SAW) as a Messenger of Allâh and to obey you]. They will never have it (i.e. Prophethood which Allâh has bestowed upon you). So seek refuge in Allâh (O Muhammad SAW from the arrogants). Verily, it is He Who is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nahl 16.98: So when you want to recite the Qur'ân, seek refuge with Allâh from Shaitân (Satan), the outcast (the cursed one).

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 51.10: Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Said said, "When the Messenger of Allah was taken on the Night Journey, he saw an evil jinn seeking him with a torch of fire. Whenever the Messenger of Allah turned, he saw him. Jibril said to him, 'Shall I teach you some words to say? When you say them, his torch will be put out and will fall from him.' The Messenger of Allah said, 'Yes, indeed.' Jibril said, 'Say, 'I seek refuge with the Noble Face of Allah and with the complete words of Allah which neither the good person nor the corrupt can exceed, from the evil of what descends from the sky and the evil of what ascends in it, and from the evil of what is created in the earth and the evil of what comes out of it, and from the trials of the night and day, and from the visitations of the night and day, except for one that knocks with good, O Merciful!" "'

Audhu bi wajhi'llahi' l-karim wa bi kalimati'llahi't-tammati. Allati la yujawazu hunna barra wa la fajir, min sharri ma yanzil min as-sama, wa sharri ma yaruju fiha, wa sham ma dhara' fi'l-ard, wa sharri ma yakhruju minha, wa min fitani'l-layli wa'n-nahar, wa min tawariqi'l-layli wa'n-nahar illa tariqan yatruq bikhayr ya Rahman!

Say Bismillah and then the du'a below before entering the toilet area...

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 358, Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib: Allah's Messenger said: The screen between the eyes of Jinn and the private parts of the sons of Adam as one of them enters the privy is that he should say: In the name of Allah. [This hadith has been transmitted by Tirmidhi and he said: It is a gharib hadith and its isnad is not sound.]

[Bismillahi] Allahumma inna 'audhu bika minal khubthi wal khabaa'ith.

[By the Name of Allah]. Oh Allah, I seek protection in You from unclean spirits, male and female. [Abu Dawud 4/264, Ahmad 2/389]

The ayat "Al-Kursi" (2:255) is well-known as a means for repelling mischievious jinn...

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Baqara 2.255: Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever, Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great (Ayat-ul-Kursi).

Hadith - Tirmidhi #2173, Narrated Jubayr ibn Nufayr [Darimi transmitted it in mursal form]. Allah's Messenger said, "Allah finished Surat al-Baqarah with two verses which I have been given from His treasure which is under the Throne; so learn them and teach them to your womenfolk, for they are a blessing, a means of a approach (to Allah) and a supplication."

Ibn Taimiya, Majmu, vol. 19, p. 55: "The numerous people who have experienced these events all confirm the amazing effectiveness of this verse in warding off jinn and breaking their spells. It [editor's note: ayat al-Kursi] has a great effect in repelling devils from humans, from the possessed and from those picked out by jinn, such as wrongdoers, people with bad tempers, those who follow their desires and lusts, musicians and those who become ecstatic through whistling and clapping. If these verses are read over them with sincerity to Allah, the jinn will leave. It will put an end to the mirages created by the jinn. It will also disclose the falseness of those, the brothers of the jinn, who perform miraculous acts. The jinn inspire their devotees with some knowledge that the ignorant think are miracles that Allah grants His pious servants. In fact, they are simply Shaytaan's acts of deception over his devotees, of those whom have earned Allah's wrath and those who have gone astray."

Hadith - Tirmidhi #2145, Narrated An-Nu'man ibn Bashir: Allah's Messenger said, "Two thousand years before creating the heavens and the Earth, Allah inscribed a book of which He sent down two verses with which He concluded surat al-Baqarah. The Devil will not come near a house in which they are recited three nights." [Tirmidhi and Darimi transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a gharib tradition.]

Make du'a (supplication) such as the following:

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Baqarah 2.286: Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maulâ (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

Recite Surahs Al-Falaq (Chapter 113) and An-Nas (Chapter 114)..

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 1019, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri: The Prophet used to seek protection against the Jinn and the evil eye till surahs al-Falaq and an-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed he stuck to them and discarded everything beside them. [Transmitted by Tirmidhi]

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 4563, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri: Allah's Messenger used to seek refuge in Allah from jinn and the evil eye in men till the Mu'awwidhatan came down, after which he made use of them and abandoned everything else. [Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a hasan gharib tradition]

Action Items for the Muttaqun:

Recite the complete surah of al-Baqarah in your house.

Learn ayat-Al-Kursi and recite it frequently.

Learn the du'a in Qur'an 2:286.

Do not urinate in a hole.

Say Bismillah when changing clothes.

Seek refuge in Allah, swt, when approached by the evil whispers of Shaitaan.

Leave alone the shaitaan with their fabrications.

Do not fear the jinn, only Allah, swt. Know that jinn can be Muslim or shaitaan and male or female. Know that the shaitaan can come to you as human or jinn.

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Throughout history man has always had a deep attraction for the supernatural and the unseen. The existence of a world parallel to our own has always fascinated people. This world is commonly referred to as the spirit world, and almost every set of people have some concept of one. With some people, these spirits are no more then the souls of dead people- or ghosts. With others, spirits are either the forces of good or the forces of evil - both battling against one another to gain influence over humanity. However, both of these explanations are more in tune with folk tales and fantasy. The true explanation of such a world comes from Islam. Like every other way, Islam also claims to explain this realm of the unseen. It is from this realm that Islam explains to us about the world of the Jinn. The Islamic explanation of the Jinn provides us with so many answers to modem day mysteries. Without the knowledge of this world, the Muslims would become like the non-Muslims and be running around looking for any old answer to come their way. So, who or what are the Jinn?

Existence

The Jinn are beings created with free will, living on earth in a world parallel to mankind. The Arabic word Jinn is from the verb 'Janna' which means to hide or conceal. Thus, they are physically invisible from man as their description suggests. This invisibility is one of the reasons why some people have denied their existence. However, (as will be seen) the affect which the world of the Jinn has upon our world, is enough to refute this modern denial of one of Allah's creation. The origins of the Jinn can be traced from the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Allah says: "Indeed We created man from dried clay of black smooth mud. And We created the Jinn before that from the smokeless flame of fire" (Surah Al-Hijr 15:26-27)

Thus the Jinn were created before man. As for their physical origin, then the Prophet (saws) has confirmed the above verse when he said: "The Angels were created from light and the Jinn from smokeless fire" [1]. It is this description of the Jinn which tells us so much about them. Because they were created from fire, their nature has generally been fiery and thus their relationship with man has been built upon this. Like humans, they too are required to worship Allah and follow Islam. Their purpose in life is exactly the same as ours, as Allah says: "I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me" (Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:56)

Jinns can thus be Muslims or non-Muslims. However, due to their fiery nature the majority of them are non-Muslims. All these non-Muslim Jinns form a part of the army of the most famous Jinn, Iblis- the Shaytan[2]. Consequently, these disbelieving Jinns are also called Shaytans (devils). As for the Jinns who become Muslims, then the first of them did so in the time of the Prophet (saws) when a group of them were amazed by the recitation of the Qur'an. Allah orders the Prophet to tell the people of this event: "Say (O' Muhammed): It has been revealed to me that a group of Jinn listened and said; 'Indeed we have heard a marvellous Qur'an. It guides unto righteousness so we have believed in it, and we will never make partners with our lord'" (Surah Al-Jinn 72:1-2)

In many aspects of their world, the Jinn are very similar to us. They eat and drink, they marry, have children and they die. The life span however, is far greater then ours. Like us, they will also be subject to a Final Reckoning by Allah the Most High. They will be present with mankind on the Day of Judgement and will either go to Paradise or Hell.

Abilities

That which clearly distinguishes the Jinn from mankind, are their powers and abilities. Allah has given them these powers as a test for them. If they oppress others with them, then they will be held accountable. By knowing of their powers, we can often make sense of much of the mysteries which go on around us. One of the powers of the Jinn, is that they are able to take on any physical form they like. Thus, they can appear as humans, animals trees and anything else. Over the last few years the interest in the subject of aliens and UFO's has become heightened. Programs such as the X-files and the Outer limits have increased the popularity of the theory that aliens exist. Thousands of people have sighted strange looking creatures all over the world. These sightings however, have still not proven substantially that aliens exist. Rather - and it seems more plausible all the sightings of such creatures were just Jinns parading in different forms. So the next time you see something that looks like E.T, its most probably just a wicked Jinn trying to scare and confuse you!

The ability to possess and take over the minds and bodies of other creatures is also a power which the Jinn have utilized greatly over the centuries. This however, is something which has been prohibited to them as it is a great oppression to possess another being. Human possession is something which has always brought about great attention. But the true knowledge of this subject is rare amongst the people. Over the last 3 decades the subject of possession has become very commercialised. During the 70's films such as The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby were used to educate people about possession. However, because such institutions (the film industry) were heavily influenced by Christianity, knowledge of the subject was non-existent. Rather then educate people about Jinn possession, films such as The Exorcist just tended to scare the living daylights out of us![3] Only through Islam can we understand such a phenomena. We know as Muslims, that Jinns possess people for many reasons. Sometimes it is because the Jinn or its family has been hurt accidentally. It could be because the Jinn has fallen in love with the person. However, most of the time possession occurs because the Jinn is simply malicious and wicked. For this reason we have been told by the Prophet (saws) not to loiter in those places where the Jinns reside, e.g. graveyards, ruins, deserts, market places etc. We have also been commanded to recite the Qur'an frequently in our houses as the Prophet (saws) said: "Indeed, the shaytan flees from the house in which Surah Al-Baqarah (the 2nd chapter of the Qur'an) is recited" [4].

If a person does become possessed, then the name of Allah has to be used in expelling the Jinn. If we look at the practice of the Prophet and his companions, we find many duas (supplications) to exorcise the Jinn. All these duas invoke Allah to help the possessed person. How contrary this is to many modern-day exorcists. Many exorcists, Muslim and non-Muslim, often invoke the names of others besides Allah to exorcise the Jinn[5]. When the Jinn does leave, these people believe that their way was successful. However, this is a ploy of the Jinn, as it knows that if it obeys the exorcist, then it has succeeded in making him worship others besides Allah i.e. commit shirk. The Jinn often returns when the exorcist leaves, as it knows that nothing except the words of Allah can stop it from oppressing others.

It is not only humans which are possessed, but also animals, trees and other objects. By doing this, the evil Jinn hope to make people worship others besides Allah. The possession of idols is one way to do this. Not so long ago the world-wide phenomenon of Hindu idols drinking milk, shocked the world. From Bombay to London, Delhi to California, countless idols were lapping up milk. Ganesh[6] the elephant god, Hanuman the monkey god and even Shiva lingam, the male private organ(!), all seemed to guzzle down the milk as if there was no tomorrow! Unfortunately people were taken in by this (including Muslims) and many flocked to feed (?) the Hindu gods. Anyone who knows about Jinn possession, will undoubtedly know that this is a classic attempt to make people commit shirk. And it worked, as many people started to worship these lifeless pieces of wood and marble. Anyone with half a brain would say to themselves, 'why on earth does a god need to be fed?!! Surely if Ganesh, Hanuman or Shiva were divine then they wouldn't need feeding?' However, such common sense seemed to be lacking as the Jinns played havoc with these gullible people.

The Occult

Through their powers of flying and invisibility, the Jinn are the chief component in occult activities. Voodoo, Black magic, Poltergeists, Witchcraft and Mediums can all be explained through the world of the Jinn. Likewise, so can the illusions and feats of magicians. Because the Jinn can traverse huge distances over a matter of seconds, their value to magicians is great. In return for helping them in their magic, the Jinns often ask for the magicians to sell their souls to them and even to Iblis. Thus the magicians take the Jinn and Iblis as lords besides Allah. In our day, some of the feats performed by magicians and entertainers are without doubt from the assistance of the Jinn. Making the Statue of Liberty disappear, flying across the Grand Canyon and retrieving a ship from the Bermuda Triangle[7], have all been done by the Jewish magician David Copperfield. There is NO way that a man could do such things without the assistance of the Jinn. It would not be surprising therefore, if David Copperfield had sold his soul to Iblis himself. Because of their involvement with the Jinn, and its result in shirk, the Prophet (saws) said: "The prescribed punishment for the magician is that he be executed by the sword" [8]. Some may argue that this is barbaric, but if, the likes of David Copperfield truly had powers, then they could just put their heads back on again!!

One of the most frequent activities associated with the Jinn, is fortune telling. Before the advent of the Prophet (saws) fortune-tellers and soothsayers were wide spread. These people would use their associates from the Jinn to find out about the future. The Jinns would go to the lowest heaven and listen to the Angels conversing amongst themselves about events of the Future which they heard from Allah. The Jinns would then inform the fortune-tellers. This is why before the time of the Prophet (saws) many fortune-tellers were very accurate in their predictions. However, upon the Prophet's arrival the heavens were guarded intensely by the Angels, and any Jinn who tried to listen was attacked by meteors (shooting stars): "And We have guarded it (the heavens) from every accursed devil, except one who is able to snatch a hearing and he is pursued by a brightly burning flame" (Surah Al-Hijr 15:18)

The Prophet (saws) also said: "They (the Jinn) would pass the information back down until it reaches the lips of a magician or fortune-teller Sometimes a meteor would overtake them before they could pass it on. If they passed it on before being struck, they would add to it a hundred lies" [9]. Thus, it is clear from this as to how fortune-tellers get predictions of the future right. It is also evident as to why they get so many wrong. Men like Nostradamus [10] are an example, as some of his predictions of the future were correct whilst many were completely wrong. Unfortunately, the amount of fortune telling which occurs amongst the Muslims is also increasing. By visiting Muslim lands such as Morocco, one is able to see as to how much inter Jinn-fortune-teller activity there really is. If you look up at the sky on a clear night in Morocco, you will see the heavens ablaze with shooting stars! A clear display of the devils being chased away from the heavens.

Fortune-tellers also operate through the Qareen. The Qareen is the Jinn companion which is assigned to every human being. It is this Jinn which whispers to our base desires and constantly tries to divert us from righteousness. The Prophet (saws) said: "Everyone of you has been assigned a companion from the Jinn. The companions asked: Even you O' Messenger of Allah? And the Prophet replied: Even me, except that Allah has helped me against him and he has submitted. Now he only tells me to do good" [11]. Because the Qareen is with a person all his life, it knows all that has happened to the person from the cradle to the grave. By making contact with the Qareen, the fortune-teller is thus able to make out that it is he who knows about the person. He looks in his crystal ball or the palm of a person and proceeds to amaze him with knowledge which no one else knows [12]. The severity of going to a fortune-teller is such that the Prophet (saws) said: "The prayer of one who approaches a fortune-teller and asks him about anything, will not be accepted for forty days or nights" [13] and: "Whosoever approaches a fortune-teller and believes in what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammed" [14]

The effects of the Jinn are not just limited to fortune-tellers. Other activities such as oujia boards and seances, which are used to contact the dead, are manipulated by the Jinn. 'Are you there Charlie? Speak to us Charlie!!' are the sort of words spoken by anxious relatives (names are obviously different!) seeking to make contact with their loved ones. And it is when the Jinn starts to talk and communicate as 'Charlie', that the people are truly fooled[15].

One of the biggest manipulations of the Jinn is through visions. Through these visions the Jinns are more likely to lead people away from the worship of Allah then any other way. When a person sees a vision in front of his eyes it is something which is very hard to explain away. Only by having knowledge of the world of the Jinn and conviction in Allah, can a person fight such a trial. The countless numbers of visions of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary over the centuries has been a popular choice for the devils. It almost seems as if leading Christians astray is the most easiest trick for the Jinns! Not only are Christians fooled by these visions, but often the Jinns possess and begin to talk from their voices. To the Christians this is known as the tongues of the Angels and thus a proof for their faith. However, the amount of unintelligible nonsense and rubbish which is heard is a clear proof that this is in fact the tongues of the devils! For other people, visions of their parents or relatives are commonplace. By taking on the form of peoples parents, the Jinns can convince people that the souls of dead people still mix with the people of the earth. This is why so many people believe in ghosts.

The onslaught of satanic visions has also hit the Muslims. Many Muslims claim to have seen visions of the Prophet Muhammed (saws) and even Allah! By doing this, Shaytan is able to lead astray the weak Muslims. Through such visions, Muslims are often told that the commands of Islam are not applicable to them. The Jinns tell them that Prayer, Fasting, Hajj etc. are not obligatory for them. It is a great deception and unfortunately one which has been very effective. The extent of satanic visions still continues to this day. The recent death of Diana Princess of Wales sparked off great love and adoration for this woman. In fact the grief of the British people was such, that it was as if Diana was something divine. No sooner had the mourning of Diana reached its peak, that visions of her were already being seen at Hampton Court Palace! If these visions did occur, the desire of Iblis and his army of Jinn to capitalise on this event, was evident. Such visions are clear attempts by Iblis to lead mankind away from the path of Allah [16].

The world of the Jinn is one which is both sinister and intriguing. By knowing of this world we can explain many of the mysteries and issues which bother us. By doing this we can avoid the extremes which the people have gone to; nothing being more extreme then worshipping others besides Allah. By learning the Tawheed of Allah, we defend ourselves from these hidden allies of Iblis: "Indeed he (Iblis) and his tribe watch you from a position where you cannot see them"(Surah Al-A'raf 7:27)

Maybe there is a Jinn sitting in the corner of your room right now, or even one behind you. If so, then how will you deal with this creation of Allah? Learn Islam properly and you will be able to deal with all of Allah's creation - and not just the Jinn. By becoming true Muslims and followers of Islam, the fear of Iblis, Jinns and anything else will leave us - nothing will touch the Believer unless Allah wills.

Malaikah
10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
AGREED UPON, GHOSTS AND JINNS ARE DIFFERENT BUT BOTH EXIST, EVEN THOUGH GHOSTS MAY MERELY EXIST WITHIN ONES MIND.
subhanaallah bro, you cant agree with what i said and still say ghosts are real!

theres a difference between ghosts existing, and seeing something that resembles a ghost in side your head.

for the former, i recommend u read up on what happens to the soul when a person dies, as for the latter, a psychiatrist might be of some use :rollseyes

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

Witchcraft or magic is knowledge that comes from the shayateen and is something that they do. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “They followed what the Shayaateen (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaymaan. Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic [al-Baqarah 2:102]

“And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter” [al-Baqarah 2:102]

“and the magician will never be successful, to whatever amount (of skill) he may attain” [Ta-Ha 20:69]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid the seven sins which doom a person to Hell.” They asked, “What are they?” He said, “Associating anything in worship with Allaah (shirk); witchcraft;…”

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He is not one of us who practices witchcraft or has it done for him.”

No doubt the Shaytaan appears to fortune-tellers and describes the thieves to them, and tells them where stolen goods are, whether this is seen in the dish of water or in some other way. It is not permissible to ask these people anything or to believe them. “Whoever comes to a fortune-teller and believes him, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him”. (Saheeh – narrated by Ahmad, 2/408; Abu Dawood, 3904; al-Tirmidhi, 135; Ibn Maajah, 639; al-Haakim, 1/8).

On this basis it is not permissible to appoint him to lead you in prayer, or to pray behind him, or to keep in touch with him in good times and in bad, or to give him anything even if he is in need, until and unless he repents. From al-Lu’lu’ al-Makeen min Fataawaa Ibn Jibreen, p. 19

It is not permissible to use witchcraft for any purpose whatsoever. Witchcraft or magic is falsehood, and all kinds of falsehood are kufr and evil doing. Sin cannot be a means of achieving something good. Beneficial things have to be sought through the prescribed means which involve no sin and whose consequences are safe. Allaah has given His slaves sufficient means in the things that He has permitted them, so they have no need for the things that He has forbidden. To Him be praise and thanks for His blessings. Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak

The fact that jinn can enter human bodies is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and by real-life events. No one disputes this apart from the Mu’tazilah who give priority to their own rational analysis over the evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah. We will mention a little about this below:

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Those who eat Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Ribaa’…” [al-Baqarah 2:275]

Al-Qurtubi said in his Tafseer (part 3, p. 355): “This aayah is proof that those people are wrong who deny that epilepsy is caused by the jinn and claim that its causes are only physical, and that the Shaytaan does not enter people or cause madness.”

Ibn Katheer said in his Tafseer (part 1, p. 32), after mentioning the aayah quoted above: “They will not rise from their graves on the Day of Resurrection except like the way in which the epileptic rises during his seizure, when he is beaten by the Shaytaan. This is because they will rise in a very bad state. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: the one who consumes ribaa will rise on the Day of Resurrection crazy and choking.”

According to a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Nasaa’i from Abu’l-Yusr, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray: “Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-taraddi wa’l-haram wa’l-gharaq wa’l-harq, wa a’oodhu bika an yatakhabatani al-shaytaan ‘ind al-mawt

( O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from being thrown from a high place, old age, drowning and burning; and I seek refuge with You from being beaten by the Shaytaan at the time of death).” Commenting on this hadeeth in Al-Fayd (part 2, p.148), al-Manaawi said: “[The phrase] ‘and I seek refuge with You from being beaten by the Shaytaan at the time of death’ means, lest he should wrestle with me and play with me, and damage my religious commitment or mental state (at the time of death) by means of his insinuating whispers which cause people to slip or lose their minds. The Shaytaan could take control of a person when he is about to depart this world, and misguide him or stop him from repenting…”

Ibn Taymiyah (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 42/276) said: “The fact that jinn can enter human bodies is proven by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Those who eat Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Ribaa’…’ [al-Baqarah 2:275].

And in as-Saheeh it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Shaytaan flows through the son of Adam as the blood flows through his veins.’”

‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said; “I said to my father, ‘There are some people who say that the jinn do not enter the body of the epileptic.’ He said: ‘O my son, they are lying; the jinn could speak through this person.’”

Commenting on this, Ibn Qudaamah said: “What he said is well known, because a person may suffer an epileptic seizure and speak in a language that no one understands, and his body may be beaten with blows that would fell a camel, but the epileptic does not feel them at all, and he is also unaware of the words he is saying. The epileptic and others may be dragged about, or the carpet on which he is sitting may be pulled, and utensils may be moved about from place to place, and other things may happen. Anyone who witnesses such a thing will know for sure that the one who is speaking through the person and moving these things is not human.” And he said, may Allaah have mercy on him: “There is no one among the imaams of the Muslims who denies that jinn may enter the body of the epileptic and others. Anyone who denies that and claims that Islam denies it is lying about Islam. There is nothing in the proofs of sharee’ah to show that it does not happen.”

So the fact that jinn may enter human bodies is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, some of whose comments we have quoted above.

As regards the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave” [al-Baqarah 2:102], this is undoubtedly a clear indication that the jinn cannot harm anyone through witchcraft or epilepsy or through any other kind of disturbance or misguidance, except with the permission of Allaah.

As al-Hasan al-Basri said: “Whomever Allaah wills, He gives them power over him, and whomever He does not will, He does not give them power over him, and they cannot do anything to anyone except with the permission of Allaah.” The Shaytaan (who is the disbelieving jinn) may gain power over the believers by making them sin and by making them neglect the remembrance and Tawheed of Allaah and sincerity in worshipping Him. But he has no power over the righteous slaves of Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) — you have no authority over them. And All-Sufficient is your Lord as a Guardian” [al-Israa’ 17:65]

During the Jaahiliyyah the Arabs were well aware of this and mentioned it in their poetry. For example, the poet al-A’shaa likened his she-camel’s energy to that of one who was touched by the jinn, and said that it was the jinn who was giving her, her energy.

As regards the causes of epilepsy, Ibn Taymiyah explained (in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/39) the causes. He said: “When the jinn touch a person with epilepsy, it may be because of desire or love, just as happens between one human and another… or it may – as is usually the case – be because of hatred and punishment, such as when a person has harmed them or they think that he has harmed them deliberately, either by urinating on them or pouring hot water on them or killing them, even if the person did that unknowingly. There are ignorant and wrongdoing ones among the jinn who may punish a person more than he deserves, or they may be playing with him and mistreating him, like foolish people among mankind.”

It is well known that Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah was killed by the jinn when he urinated in a hole in which was their dwelling place, and they said, “We have killed the leader of Khazraj Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah; we struck him with an arrow and we did not miss his heart.”

At the time of ‘Umar, a man was kidnapped by the jinn and stayed with them for four years, then he came back and told the people that some mushrik jinn had kidnapped him, and he stayed with them as a prisoner, then some Muslim jinn launched a campaign against them and defeated them, and brought him back to his family. This was mentioned in Manaar al-Sabeel and elsewhere. (See Manaar al-Sabeel, 2/88. The story of the kidnapped man was reported by al-Bayhaqi (7/445-446) and its isnaad was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Irwaa’, 6/150, no. 1709).

The way to save oneself from this is to remember Allaah and speak His Name at the beginning of all things, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to mention Allaah in many cases, such as when eating, drinking, mounting his riding-beast, taking off his clothes for any reason, having intercourse and so on…

As regards treatment (of one whose body has been entered by the jinn), Ibn Taymiyah said (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/42): “When the jinn attack a person, they should be told of the rulings of Allaah and His Messenger, proof should be established against them, and they should be commanded to do what is good and told not to do what is evil, just as should be done in the case of people, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ [al-Israa’ 17:15].”

Then he said: “If the jinn does not leave after being addressed in this manner, then it is permissible to rebuke him, tell him off, threaten him and curse him, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did with the Shaytaan when he came with a falling star to throw it in his face, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I seek refuge with Allaah from you and I curse you with the curse of Allaah” – three times. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari).We may also seek help against the jinn by remembering Allaah (dhikr) and reciting Qur’aan, especially Aayat al-Kursi.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites it will remain under the protection of Allaah and no shaytaan (devil) will be able to approach him until the morning.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari). And al-Mi’wadhatayn (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan) may also be recited.

As for psychiatrists who do not treat the epileptic in the manner described, they cannot do him any good at all. Reference: Masaa’il wa rasaa’il, Muhammad Mahmoud al-Najdi, p.23

It is not permissible to seek the help of the jinn in finding about what the problem is and how to treat it, because seeking the help of the jinn is shirk. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they (jinn) increased them (mankind) in sin and transgression” [al-Jinn 72:6]

“And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): ‘O you assembly of jinn! Many did you mislead of men,’ and their Awliyaa’ (friends and helpers) amongst men will say: ‘Our Lord! We benefited one from the other, but now we have reached our appointed term which You did appoint for us.’ He will say: ‘The Fire be your dwelling place, you will dwell therein forever, except as Allaah may will. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing’” [al-An’aam 6:128]

The meaning of the phrase ‘We benefited one from the other’ is that the men venerated the jinn and submitted to them and sought help from them, and the jinn served them by doing what they wanted and bringing them what they asked for. That includes informing them of the type of sickness and its causes, because the jinn can come to know of things that humans cannot; but they may tell lies, because they cannot be trusted, and it is not permissible to believe them. And Allaah knows best. Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’

Protection from the harm of the jinn:

Because the jinn can see us while we cannot see them, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us many ways to protect ourselves from their harm, such as seeking refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, reciting Soorat al-Falaq and Soorat al-Naas (the last two Soorahs of the Qur’aan), and reciting the words taught by Allaah in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: ‘My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the shayaateen (devils). And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they may attend (or come near) me.’” [al-Mu’minoon 23:97-98]

Saying Bismillaah (in the Name of Allaah) before entering one’s home, before eating or drinking, and before having intercourse will also keep the Shaytaan from entering the house or partaking with a person in his food, drink and sexual activity. Similarly, mentioning the name of Allaah before entering the toilet or taking off one’s clothes will prevent the jinn from seeing a person’s ‘awrah or harming him, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “To put a barrier that will prevent the jinn from seeing the ‘awrah of the sons of Aadam, let any one of you say ‘Bismillaah’ when entering the toilet.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 551; Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3611).

Strength of faith and religion in general will also prevent the jinn from harming a person, so much so that if they were to fight, the one who has faith would win. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man from among the Companions of Muhammad met a man from among the jinn. They wrestled, and the human knocked down the jinn. The human said to him, ‘You look small and skinny to me, and your forearms look like the front paws of a dog. Do all the jinn look like this, or only you?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, among them I am strong, but let us wrestle again, and if you defeat me I will teach you something that will do you good.’ The human said, ‘Fine.’

He said, ‘Recite, ‘Allaah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever-living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…’ [Aayat al-Kursi – al-Baqarah 2:255 – interpretation of the meaning].

The human said, ‘Fine.’ He said, ‘You will never recite this in your house but the Shaytaan will come out of it like a donkey breaking wind, and he will never come back in until the next morning.’” (Reported by al-Daarimi, 3247).

This is a brief summary about the jinn, and their nature and characteristics. Allaah is the Best of protectors and the Most Merciful of those who show mercy. For more information see ‘Aalam al-Jinn wa’l-Shayaateen by ‘Umar Sulaymaan al-Ashqar.

The practitioner of magic is the person who uses the shayaateen (devils) and gets close to the jinn by doing the things they like – such as sacrificing to them instead of to Allaah, calling upon them alongside Allaah, obeying them by disobeying Allaah by committing zinaa, drinking wine, eating haraam things, neglecting prayer, covering himself with najaasaat (impure things) and staying in dirty places – until the shayaateen respond to what he asks them, with a gentle and kind approach, to do, such as harming the people against whom he uses his magic, causing division between a man and his wife, telling him some unseen things, and telling him about stolen items and where lost things are. Such a person is a mushrik and a kaafir, because he worships both Allaah and the Shaytaan, which is major shirk (al-shirk al-akbar). So he is a kaafir, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning); “Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic” [al-Baqarah 2:102]

“but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).’” [al-Baqarah 2:102]

There are many ahaadeeth which state that this is haraam, such as the hadeeth narrated from Safiyah bint Abi ‘Ubayd from one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who narrated that he said: “Whoever goes to a soothsayer and asks him about something and believes him, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

Qusaybah ibn al-Mukhaariq said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Al-‘ayaafah, al-tiyarah and al-turuq [kinds of augury] are all part of al-jabt [witchcraft or idolatry].’” This was narrated by Abu Dawood with a saheeh isnaad.

Abu Dawood said: Al-‘ayaafah, al-khatt and al-turuq are all kinds of augury, whereby a bird is released and is watched to see whether it flies to the right or to the left. If it flies to the right it is taken as a good omen and if it flies to the left it is taken as a bad omen. Al-Jawhari said: al-jabt is a word which may be applied to idols, soothsayers, magicians, astrologers etc.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever seeks knowledge from the stars is seeking one of the branches of witchcraft…” Narrated by Abu Dawood with a saheeh isnaad.

It was narrated that Mu’aawiyah ibn al-Hakam said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, I am still close to the time of Jaahiliyyah [i.e., I am new in Islam]. Allaah has brought Islam to us, but there are among us men who go to soothsayers (fortune tellers).’ He said, ‘Do not go to them.’ I said, ‘And there are men among us who practise augury [watch birds for omens].’ He said, ‘That is something which they make up. Do not believe them.’” (Narrated by Muslim).

It was narrated from Abu Mas’ood al-Badri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the price of a dog, the fee of a prostitute and the payment of a soothsayer. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Some people asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about soothsayers. He said, ‘They are nothing.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, sometimes they say something and it comes true.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘That is a word of truth that the jinn snatches and whispers into the ear of his familiar, but they mix a hundred lies with it.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever comes to a soothsayer and believes what he says, or has intercourse with a woman in her back passage, has nothing to do with that which has been revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

… The scholars have stated that it is haraam to deal with such matters or to go to find out about them or to believe in them. It is haraam to pay them money, and anyone who is suffering from any of these things must hasten to repent from it. And Allaah knows best. Fataawa al-Imaam al-Nawawi, 230.

It was also commanded that the practitioner of magic should be executed, because of the hadeeth: “The hadd (prescribed punishment) for the practitioner of magic is a blow with the sword (i.e., execution).” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1460; al-Daaraqutni, 3/114; al-Haakim, 4/360; al-Bayhaqi, 8/136; see al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, 3/641, no. 1446)

On this basis, he is a kaafir even if he prays, fasts, reads Qur’aan and makes du’aa’, because shirk cancels out all good deeds. And Allaah knows best. Al-Lu’lu al-Makeen min Fataawa Ibn Jibreen, p. 11.

Black Magic and Satanic Possession

People who have had experience with such situations have related that the following are among the signs of a person who is possessed by jinn (or Satan):

Strong repulsion when hearing Qur’aan or Aathaan (call for prayers).

Episodes of losing consciousness and/or epileptic attacks, especially when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person. Frequent nightmares during sleep.

Tendency to avoid people accompanied by out-of-the-norm behavior.

The jinn who possesses him might speak when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Madness, as stated in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): "Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom Satan by his touch hath driven to [epileptic] madness…"2:275

As for a person struck by magic he might experience the following:

Dislike of one’s spouse, as indicated in the Qur’aan by the following verse (interpretation of the meaning): "And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife..." (Al-Baqarah, 2:102).

Different attitude in the house from that which is outside the house. For example, a person will feel that he is missing his family when is outside the house but when he goes home, love changes quickly to extreme hatred.

Inability to have sexual intercourse with one’s spouse.

Frequent miscarriage for pregnant women.

Sudden change in behavior without obvious reason.

Complete loss of appetite for food.

Thinking or imagining one has done something when in reality one has not.

Sudden obedience and/or love for a particular person.

It should be noted that if a person experiences some of the above symptoms this does not necessarily mean that he is either possessed by a jinn or struck by black magic. It might be due to physiological or psychological reasons.

As for curing this condition the following steps are recommended:

Putting one’s trust in Allah with sincere belief that He is the only cure for everything.

Reading Qur’aan and known supplications expressing seeking refuge, the most important and effective of which is sura 113 and 114, Al-Falaq and Al-Naas, which were used to cure the Prophet himself. Surah 112, Al-Ikhlaas, is recommended along with them, as well as the opening chapter of the Qur’aan, Al-Fatihah.

To cure black magic some have successfully used seven lotus-tree leaves or (Beri leaves). The leaves should be crushed, then mixed them with water enough for taking a bath. The following verses from the Qur’aan are then recited: verse Al-Kursi (2:255), Surah Al-Kafiroon (109), Surah 112 Al Ikhlaas, Surah 113 Al Falaq, Surah 114 Al Nass; the verses which mention magic recite three times each, which are: in Surah Al-Baqarah (2:102), Al-A’raaf (3:117-119), Yunus (10:79-82), and Taha (20:65-69). The possessed person drinks some of the water, and the rest is used to give him a bath.

Removing the elements of magic as was done by the Prophet when he was struck by black magic by a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-‘Aasim.

Eating seven Aa’liya Al-Barniy dates popularly known as Ajwa (among the dates of Al-Madinah) first thing in the morning; if not possible, any dates will suffice, by the will of Allaah.

Cupping--removing excess blood.

Supplications.

Allaah is the Best of protectors and the Most Merciful of those who show mercy. He is the One who cures and there is no one else who can cure.

fatimah
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The 'ghost sightings' are either fakes or Jinn, at least that's what a scholar told me!
:sl: yes me too think that way:w:

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Question 1: Who are the jinn?

The jinn are among the creatures that Allah (swt) created. Allah (swt) created angels, jinn, mankind, animals, plants and others. Jinn have some qualities like human beings. These qualities are intellect, discrimination, freedom, and the power to choose between right and wrong, between true and false, as well as between good and bad.

Question 2: When did Allah (swt) create the jinn?

Allah (swt) created the jinn before Adam (pbuh) was created. Both were created in heaven and lived in paradise. One may read in Surah Al-Hijr (The Rocky Tract) [Qur'an, 15:26-27]. However, nothing was mentioned about the duration of time of the jinn's creation before Adam (pbuh).

Question 3: What are jinn created from?

Jinn are created from fire of hot wind [Qur'an, 15:27]; and from smokeless fire [Qur'an, 55:15]. They were originally made from fire and then molded and shaped in the form and shape that Allah (swt) wanted them to be. This means that they do not anymore possess their fiery nature. It is not known therefore, their final shape, form, and chemical composition. Since we cannot see them, therefore, it is not easy to do any analysis of their chemical nature. In contrast, mankind was created from soil, mud, and clay. They were molded as human beings. Our final form is no more mud or clay.

Question 4: Do jinn have bodies?

Yes and no! It depends upon the information that one has. One group of scholars believe that jinn do not have bodies of their own. They also do not inhabit bodies of other creatures. However, they do exist independently by themselves. Therefore, they do not know how they exist without bodies: smoke, flame, fire or what?

The other group of scholars do believe that jinn do have bodies either definite or subtle. If their bodies are definite then they have some density; otherwise, if they are subtle, then they are so fine that our weak eyes cannot see them. One may read Surah Al-A'raf (The Heights) [Qur'an, 7:27]. Even if they are subtle they should have weight and density similar to that of the air itself.

Question 5: Do jinn die?

Yes. Jinn do die. As long as they are creatures created by Allah (swt), they should die. They are creatures that marry, produce children, eat, drink, and die like all other creatures in the universe. One may read Qur'an Surah Al-Rahman (The Most Merciful) [Qur'an, 55:26-28].

Question 6: Do the jinn feel envy of us?

Yes. There are two types of evil eye: human and the jinn. One has to read regularly 'A'oozu Billahi Minash-shaitanir Rajeem. Also, by reading Ayah Al-Kursi and Al-Mu'awwazatain, one will be protected from the evil eyes of both the jinn and mankind.

Question 7: Are there messengers and prophets from within the community of jinn?

Yes. Allah (swt) has sent prophets and messengers to jinn from within the jinn community. Also, Allah (swt) sent Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to mankind, to jinn, and to other creatures. In Surah Al-An'am (The Cattle), Allah (swt) explains that He sent messengers to men and to jinn. See Qur'an [6:130].

Question 8: Do jinn have different religions, sects and denominations?

In Surah Al-Jinn (Ch. 72), Allah (swt) informs us that some jinn accepted Islam, while others refused. Those who refused have deviated, and developed for themselves different methods, different ways of life, and different religions, sects and denominations.

Question 9: Do jinn marry and have children?

Yes. Jinn do marry and they do have children. The way they marry is not known to us yet. We may be able to know the future if Allah (swt) wants us to know. People never knew about microbes, viruses, and the unseen micro creatures. Now we are able to know many things about their life cycles, their life duration, their methods of duplication or reproduction: sexually and asexually. The mere fact that we do not know how the jinn marry and reproduce does not negate their being married and reproduced. The Qur'an stipulates in Surah Al-Kahf (18:50) that they have offsprings. Similarly, the Qur'an states in Surah Al-Rahman (55:56) that jinn and human beings never touched (married) the ladies of paradise.

Question 10: Can human beings and jinn inter-marry?

Yes and no. It depends upon how one looks at it. It is a known fact in the Qur'an in Surah Al-Israa' (17:64) that jinn may share with us our wealth and our children. The Hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) reconfirms this concept when he says that when a man has marital relationship with his wife, he should mention the name of Allah (swt). He should seek refuge in Allah (swt) from the outcast shaitan. Otherwise, shaitan folds himself up in the man's urethra and shall have sexual relations along with him.

Moreover, when a man goes to his wife while she is in her menses, shaitan precedes him. She shall conceive and will bring forth a sterile person (Mukhannath). Such a sterile person is considered to be child of the jinn.

Question 11: Do jinn have animals as pets?

Yes. Jinn do have animals or beasts of their own. The Prophet (pbuh) mentioned that every piece of dung is fodder for the beasts of the jinn. However, we do not know what type of beasts the jinn have. The same thing is to be said as to the varieties of beasts, their number, their shape, their size, their weight and so on.

Question 12: Do jinn have homes of their own?

Yes. The jinn do have homes. They live all over the planet earth. However, there are special places that one may find them in abundance and on a regular basis. These are deserts, ruins, places of impurities such as dunghills, bathrooms and graveyards. They live in houses of human beings too. For those who enter their houses mentioning the name of Allah (swt), the jinn cannot have a place to stay overnight in that house. If the people of the house mention the name of Allah (swt) before eating, then the shaitan will not be able to eat with them.

Question 13: Is it true that animals see jinn and angels?

Yes. Animals do see angels and shaitan. When a rooster sees an angel, it starts crowing. However, when a donkey starts braying it is seeing a jinn.

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fatimah
:sl: yes me too think that way:w:
So Ghosts are in fact Jinns.

Next time we meet a person who says 'ive seen a ghost' we can correct them amd say 'Ahum Ahum, well in fact did you know.......'

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
The Quran and Sunnah indicate that the jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence in this life, which is to worship Allaah Alone, with no partner or associate. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings): "And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone)." [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

"O assembly of jinns and mankind! Did there not come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting unto you My Verses." [al-An'aam 6:130]

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world, with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinns and humans have some things in common, such as the possession of understanding and the choice between the way of good and the way of evil. The word jinn comes from an Arabic root meaning "hidden from sight." Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "Verily he [Shaytaan] and his qabeeluhu [his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe] see you from where you cannot see them." [Al-A'raaf 7:27]

Allaah has told us in His Book the essence from which the jinn were created. He says (interpretation of the meaning): "And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame o fire." [al-Hijr 15:27] "And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire." [al-Rahmaan 55:15].

According to a hadeeth narrated by A'ishah, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels were created from light, the jinn were created from fire, and Aadam was created from that which has been described to you." (Reported by Muslim, 5314).

Types of jinn

Allaah has created different types of jinn. Among them are some who can take on different forms, such as dogs and snakes; some who are like flying winds with wings; and some who can travel and rest. Abu Tha'labah al-Khushani said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey." (Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214. Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu'l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad).

The jinn and the sons of Aadam

Every individual among the sons of Aadam has a jinn who has been appointed to be his constant companion (qareen). Ibn Mas'ood said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion." They said, "And you too, O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "Me too, but Allaah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good." (Reported by Muslim, 2814). Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on Muslim (17/175): "He has submitted; he became a believing Muslim. This is the apparent meaning. Al-Qaadi said: Know that the ummah is agreed upon the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was protected from Shaytaan, physically and mentally, and with regard to his speech. This hadeeth contains a reference to the warning against the fitnah (temptation, trial) and whispers of the qareen (constant companion from among the jinn). We know that he is with us so we should beware of him as much as possible.

Their powers

Allaah has given the jinn powers that he has not given to humans. Allaah has told us about some of their powers, such as the ability to move and travel quickly. An ifreet from among the jinn guaranteed to the Prophet Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) that he would bring the throne of the Queen of Yemen to Jerusalem in a moment faster than that needed for a man to get up from where he was sitting. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "An ifreet (strong one) from the jinns said: "I will bring it [her throne] to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work." One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" then when Sulaymaan saw it placed before him, he said, "This is by the Grace of my Lord." [al-Naml 27:39-40]

The food and drink of the jinn

The jinn eat and drink. Ibn Mas'ood said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Someone from among the jinn called me, and I went with him and recited Quran for them." He took us and showed us the traces of where they had been and the traces of their fires. They asked him for food and he said, "You can have every bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned that comes into your possession, as meat, and all the droppings as food for your animals." The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "So do not use [these things] for cleaning yourselves [after relieving oneself], for they are the food and provision of your brothers." (Reported by Muslim, 450). According to another report: "A delegation of jinn from Naseebeen came to me, and what good jinn they are! They asked me for food and I prayed to Allaah for them, so that they would not pass by bones or droppings, but they would find food on them." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3571). The believing jinn may eat any bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not permit them to have anything on which Allaah's name has not been mentioned those are for the kuffaar among the jinn.

The beasts of the jinn

According to the hadeeth narrated by Ibn Mas'ood, that we have quoted above, the jinn asked the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for provision, and he said to them: "and [you can have] all the droppings as food for your animals."

The dwelling-places of the jinn

The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: "When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, "Allaahumma innee aâ'oodhu bika min al-khubuthi waâ'l-khaba'ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female)." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 142; and Muslim, 375). Al-Khattaabi explained that khubuth is the plural of khabeeth (evil or dirty; masculine form), and khabaa'ith is the plural of khabeethah (evil or dirty; feminine form), and that what is meant is male and female shayaateen.

Some jinns are Muslims and some are kaafirs

Allaah tells us that some of the jinn said (interpretation of the meaning): "And some of us are Muslims, and of us some are al-qaasitoon (disbelievers "those who have deviated from the Right Path). And whosoever has embraced Islam, then such have sought the Right Path. And as for the qaasitoon, they shall be firewood for Hell." [al-Jinn 72:14-15]

The Muslims among the jinn are of different levels as regards righteousness and taqwa. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "[Some jinn said:] "There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups, each having a different way (religious sects, etc.)" [al-Jinn 72:11]

The story of how the first jinn of this ummah became Muslim was narrated by 'Abd-Allaah ibn 'Abbaas, who said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out with a group of his Companions heading for the marketplace of 'Ukaaz. This was when the shayaateen were prevented from getting any news from heaven, and shooting stars had been sent against them. The shayaateen went back to their people, who said, "What is the matter with you?" They said, "We cannot get news from heaven, and shooting stars were sent against us." Their people said, "Nothing is stopping you from hearing news from heaven except some new event that must have happened. Go and look in the east and the west of the earth, and see if you can find out what it is that is stopping you from hearing news from heaven." Those who went out in the direction of Tihaamah came upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in Nakhlah, when he was on his way to 'Ukaaz, and found him leading his Companions in Fajr prayer. When they heard the Qur'aan, they listened to it and said, "By Allaah, this is what is stopping us from hearing news from heaven." When they went back to their people, they said, "O our people, we have heard a wonderful Recital (the Qur'aan).. It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allaah). [al-Jinn 72:2 interpretation of the meaning]. Then Allaah revealed to His Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) the words (interpretation of the meaning): "Say (O Muhammad): "It has been revealed to me that a group of jinns listened (to this Qur'aan)" [al-Jinn 72:1], and Allaah revealed to him what the jinn had said." (reported by al-Bukhaari, 731)

Their reckoning on the Day of Resurrection

The jinn will be called to account on the day of Resurrection. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, concerning the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): "but the jinns know well that they have indeed to appear (before Him) (i.e., they will be brought to account)" [al-Saffaat 37:158]: "They will be brought to judgement." Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Baab Dhikr al-Jinn wa Thawaabihim wa 'Iqaabihim.

Protection from the harm of the jinn

Because the jinn can see us while we cannot see them, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us many ways to protect ourselves from their harm, such as seeking refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, reciting Soorat al-Falaq and Soorat al-Naas (the last two Soorahs of the Qur'aan), and reciting the words taught by Allaah in the Qur'aan (interpretation of the meaning): "Say: "My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the shayaateen (devils). And I seek refuge with You, my Lord, lest they may attend (or come near) me." [al-Mu'minoon 23:97-98]

Saying Bismillaah (in the Name of Allaah) before entering one's home, before eating or drinking, and before having intercourse will also keep the Shaytaan from entering the house or partaking with a person in his food, drink and sexual activity. Similarly, mentioning the name of Allaah before entering the toilet or taking off one's clothes will prevent the jinn from seeing a person's 'awrah or harming him, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "To put a barrier that will prevent the jinn from seeing the 'awrah of the sons of Aadam, let any one of you say "Bismillaah" when entering the toilet." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 551; Saheeh al-Jaami', 3611).

Strength of faith and religion in general will also prevent the jinn from harming a person, so much so that if they were to fight, the one who has faith would win. 'Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "A man from among the Companions of Muhammad met a man from among the jinn. They wrestled, and the human knocked down the jinn. The human said to him, "You look small and skinny to me, and your forearms look like the front paws of a dog. Do all the jinn look like this, or only you?" He said, "No, by Allaah, among them I am strong, but let us wrestle again, and if you defeat me I will teach you something that will do you good." The human said, "Fine." He said, "Recite, "Allaah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever-living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists." [Aayat al-Kursi al-Baqarah 2:255 interpretation of the meaning]. The human said, "Fine." He said, "You will never recite this in your house but the Shaytaan will come out of it like a donkey breaking wind, and he will never come back in until the next morning." (Reported by al-Daarimi, 3247)

This is a brief summary about the jinn, and their nature and characteristics. Allaah is the Best of protectors and the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.

nishom
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Bro, ive already posted this, please can you stop posting so much info-its too much to take in!!!!!!!!!

Azhar786
10-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Bro, ive already posted this, please can you stop posting so much info-its too much to take in!!!!!!!!!

bro u need this info and the rest!!!

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM

Adam, and thus humans, was made out of clay. Does that mean we resemble clay? Not at all. So in the same way, just cos jinn were made from fire, doesnt mean they are fire or resemble it...

not like humans dont emit anything anyway- infrared! but seriously allahu a'lam!
masha'Allah that was a good explanation :thumbs_up

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM

insha'Allah we should seek refuge in Allah from the outcast shaytan. insha'Allah we should recite the last two surahs of the Qur'an - that is, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
stop going off topic and b] you never read the bengali part did u punk!

anyways more ghost stories..

ma'salamah
LOL SRY I GET A BIT DOZEY SOMETIMES !!!! LOOOLLLLL

i jus realised what it meant, neva really paid attention to it b4 :p :p

:lol:

Mawaddah
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Why all the articles!!! :uuh:

I thought we were supposed to be sharing Jinn experiences :mmokay:

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 01:20 PM

Can it be so that a jinn is here among us right now talking to us in this forum ? :uuh:

Mawaddah
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I remember a sister here claiming that she was a jinn............

akulion
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
the only ghost ive seen is at the kasaiee

lol

In urdu:
ghost = meat
kasaiee = butcher

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I remember a sister here claiming that she was a jinn............
yes, I think she was username with Cuzaeripirid :eek:....where is she now? :uuh: :nervous:

nishom
10-26-2006, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan

Can it be so that a jinn is here among us right now talking to us in this forum ? :uuh:

Well, i know that jinns live in kinf of a parallel world.

Im sure they have access to the internet, so why not.

Hmmm...interesting....CAN BEINGS FROM PARALLEL UNIVERSES COMMUNICATE?

Well, if me and my sister can-THEN WHY NOT!!!!!!!!

Salmaan
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM

jinns can communicate but NOT in their original form.....what I know is that they communicate with human beings only when they transform themselves to human form....may be there is a jinn who has taken human form in this forum and speaks to us....example is the woman called Cuzaeripid in this forum who claims herself to be a jinn :eek:....where is she now? :uuh: :nervous:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Why all the articles!!! :uuh:

I thought we were supposed to be sharing Jinn experiences :mmokay:
ye the articles are a put off from readin further :uuh:

DigitalStorm82
10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azhar786
In Arabian and Muslim folklore jinns are ugly and evil demons having supernatural powers which they can bestow on persons having powers to call them up. In the Western world they are called genies.
Legend has it that King Solomon possessed a ring, probably a diamond, with which he called up jinns to help his armies in battle. The concept that this king employed the help of jinns may have originated from 1 Kings 6:7, "And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought there, so there was neither hammer nor axe nor and tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building."

In Islam, jinns are fiery spirits (Qur'an 15:27) particularly associated with the desert. While they are disruptive of human life, they are considered worthy of being saved. A person dying in a state of great sin may be changed into a jinni in the period of a barzakh, separation or barrier.

The highest of the jinns is Iblis, formerly called Azazel, the prince of darkness, or the Devil. The jinns were thought by some to be spirits that are lower than angels because they are made of fire and are not immortal. They can take on human and animal shapes to influence men to do good or evil. They are quick to punish those indebted to them who do not follow their many rules.

In the "Arabian Nights" jinns or genies came from Aladdin's Lamp.

There are several myths concerning the home of the jinns. According to Persian mythology some of them live in a place called Jinnistan. Others say jinns live with other supernatural beings in the Kaf, mystical emerald mountains surrounding the earth
What the mufassireen have quoted from a group of the salaf, such as Ibn ‘Abbaas and others, that he was one of the noblest of the angels, one of the keepers of Paradise, and that he controlled the affairs of the first heaven, and that his name was ‘Azaazeel (Azazel) is all taken from the Israa’eeliyyaat (reports narrated from Jewish sources) and is not reliable.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...eng&txt=azazel

DigitalStorm82
10-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Since you guys are so interested in Jinn stories...

check out these videos... it'll make you lose your sleep at night lol

http://islam-universe.com/Exorcism.html#Exorcism_Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Tg9kn9hZ0

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.