/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem

lavikor201
10-26-2006, 07:56 PM
The same Jewish group who gave food assistance to underprivileged Jews during Rosh Hashanah and Sukkot is now turning to help an unlikely crowd: underprivileged Muslims who will celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan next week with the holiday of Eid Al-Fiter.

On Tuesday, 150 Jews, in cooperation with the "Kavod Foundation" gathered in Jerusalem to assist with the packing of canned goods and other provisions to be delivered during the holiday to needy Muslims in East Jerusalem.

Yoav Shprank, a member of the organization told Ynet that the Kavod Foundation is working all year to help Jews, Christians, and Muslims during the holidays. As an example, the Reform movement donated 2,000 food boxes to the welfare offices, and they are also planning a substantial food donation in preparation for Christmas.

The director of the youth movement who participated in the packaging of the goods Yaniv Gliksman said that as a part of their activities they always speak about pluralism which is one of their most central values. According to him, there is a need to help everyone who lives in Israel because there are sectors of the population nobody tends to. Despite their wishes, the youths who participated in the packing will not take part in the actual distribution of the packages because they do not have permission to enter East Jerusalem.

In addition to East Jerusalem, the food will be distributed to Muslim communities in Jaffa, Haifa, and Shfaram.

The youth movement which participated in the drive is a part of the "Kol Haneshama" community who are active in the German Settlement and Bakaa neighborhoods of Jerusalem. Rabbi Gilad Kariv of the Reform movement explains that "one of the most important values of the movement is equality, and so they work in all sectors of Israeli society. Just as we have food drives before Rosh Hashanah and Passover, it is important for us as Jews to help non-Jewish families in Israel celebrate their holidays with respect."

Rabbi Kariv also adds that he believes the fact a Muslim family will receive the packages from religious Jewish families in Israel "will contribute to change the atmosphere in Israel."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...316338,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IzakHalevas
10-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow, very nice. I'm glad this is happening. Hopefully there will be a joint effort between the communities to create a great bond despite all the extremists on both sides.

Woodrow
10-27-2006, 12:11 AM
First step to show that co-existance can happen. The difficult road is to show that neither Jew nor Muslim wants to force the other to convert.

Later will be the time to discuss fair land division. Today the main goal should be to establish a basis of desire for fair treatment to all. Have to see eachother as humans before that happens.

*charisma*
10-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum and greetings,

There are some very thoughtful things that the Jews do in protest and support for the Palestinians mashallah, its the zionists and their supporters that I hate..not the Jews themselves. Good post.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
10-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Actually the group that is doing this have zionists in there ranks. To say that zionists are not involved in this charity project would be very naive. There is no hidden motive, Jews are commanded to help people, even non-Jews, and required to give 10% of our earnings as "tzedukah" or charity.

*charisma*
10-27-2006, 12:45 AM
lol, I didn't say that zionists weren't involved, I just said I don't like them (personal opinion) besides they did this as jews (religious purposes), not as zionists, get what I mean?

Islamicboy
10-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Typical propaganda Of The Zionist. The authenticity of the news itself is questionable. Only 2 Jewish news groups are reporting it..

Umar001
10-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Assalamu Aleykum,

I'm glad someone is giving food to someone, May Allah reward those who are kind.

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
There is no hidden motive,
How can you be so sure, not saying that I think there is, I dont have a clue, but how can you be sure there isn't, just wondering.

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Typical propaganda Of The Zionist. The authenticity of the news itself is questionable.
Actually I personally know somone who is involved in this, just because your hateful attitude blinds you when people are kind, it is no matter. You will learn the truth one day.

How can you be so sure, not saying that I think there is, I dont have a clue, but how can you be sure there isn't, just wondering.
I know people involved in the campaign. In Haifa they do this as well, and my son volunteered in distribution for community service.

Only 2 Jewish news groups are reporting it..
That is because it is not really news. It is a nice story, but in reality, there is much more pressing and vital info going on in Israel then to report a feel good story.

But since you believe this to be all "propoganda" can you point me to the Muslims helping homeless Jews out???? Since you have so much hate in your heart to accuse good people I know of being "propoganda".

The only propoganda here is YOU.

Zulkiflim
10-27-2006, 02:35 AM
Salaam,

Great news,everyone should care and aid one another.

But this reminds me of a Danish cartoon incident.

A dane asked a Palestinain,why do you attack us,we support you with money and aid when you are attacked.

The Palestinian answered,we are thankful for the aid and the money,but does it mena that by doing such you own us?
Do you mena by your money and your aid you can mock our religion?

As the Prophet said,Respect your parent,care for them but when they ask you to do things unIslamic,desist..but your duty to your parents still exist.

Dahir
10-27-2006, 02:40 AM
I hope people finally understand that Jews, ESPECIALLY Israelis/'Zionists' are people too. They are not conspiring or blaspheming anyone. Hopefully, this can be shown to groups like Hamas who only see the bad.

If media on the Left weren't so demonizing of the Israeli people, this wouldn't be a miracle, it would be an average occurence.

Islamicboy
10-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Actually I personally know somone who is involved in this, just because your hateful attitude blinds you when people are kind, it is no matter. You will learn the truth one day.

I know people involved in the campaign. In Haifa they do this as well, and my son volunteered in distribution for community service.

That is because it is not really news. It is a nice story, but in reality, there is much more pressing and vital info going on in Israel then to report a feel good story.

But since you believe this to be all "propoganda" can you point me to the Muslims helping homeless Jews out???? Since you have so much hate in your heart to accuse good people I know of being "propoganda".

The only propoganda here is YOU.
Lavikor i understand what you are saying ok i believe this is the truth. Just ignore my before comments sorry about that. Also Yes over here in canada we muslims every year donate food to the non muslims homeless people.

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Also Yes over here in canada we muslims every year donate food to the non muslims homeless people.
That is very good. If the food you donate is Halal also, I comend you for that because you are preventing someone from eating prok, ect. :)

Bittersteel
10-27-2006, 11:17 AM
kind of glad to hear such things.finally after all this conflicts and wars.

Malaikah
10-27-2006, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Wow, very nice. I'm glad this is happening. Hopefully there will be a joint effort between the communities to create a great bond despite all the extremists on both sides.
I think its takes a lot of will power to force oneself to believe this- the problems in that region can in no way be fixed by sharing food :rollseyes

its a nice thought though, but well yeh... reality sucks

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I think its takes a lot of will power to force oneself to believe this- the problems in that region can in no way be fixed by sharing food
Do you think communities with different cultures and religions just began loving eachother around the world, or do you think their always must be a first step before getting to the last one...

Malaikah
10-27-2006, 12:27 PM
^huh? all im saying is dont think theres gonna be peace just cos people are sharing food.

the issues are much deeper than that, no amount of food will fix it, especially when the people in charge arent even involved

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 12:29 PM
^huh? all im saying is dont think theres gonna be peace just cos people are sharing food.
All roads to peace start somewhere, believe me the Jewish people who live in Jerusalem still remember the suicide bombings that killed there children because the bombers blew up schools, day cares, buses, and places of worship. The Jews also remember Christians, Muslims and about every religion conquering Jerusalem and restricting the ability to pray at our holy sites.

We remember some of the bad things we did to...

Now you can complain and hate eachother, or you could start perfomring acts of kindness, tzedek, and try to begin the healing of the two cultures.

Snowflake
10-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Good news MashaAllah! If more people saw people as human beings first and not their religion there'd be less animosity all around.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 12:48 PM
All roads to peace start somewhere, believe me the Jewish people who live in Jerusalem still remember the suicide bombings that killed there children because the bombers blew up schools, day cares, buses, and places of worship. The Jews also remember Christians, Muslims and about every religion conquering Jerusalem and restricting the ability to pray at our holy sites.

We remember some of the bad things we did to...

Now you can complain and hate eachother, or you could start perfomring acts of kindness, tzedek, and try to begin the healing of the two cultures.
someone stole my house n feeds me iftar every night... i'd b real happy :D

:rollseyes

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 12:51 PM
someone stole my house n feeds me iftar every night... i'd b real happy
According to the 1947 UN Partition Plan, Jerusalem was supposed to be an international city, not part of either the proposed Jewish or Arab state. During the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, West Jerusalem was captured by Israel, while East Jerusalem (including the Old City) was captured by Jordan. Upon its capture, the Jordanians immediately expelled all the Jewish residents of the Jewish Quarter, most of whom from families that had been living there for centuries. Many synagogues were destroyed, and the Jewish Quarter was bulldozed.

We are still rebuilding from the loss of a very sacred shul that was around for a long time, and the Arab burned it down, the Jewish quarter will never be the same.

Under Jordanian rule jews were not allowed to visit our holy sites, yet, Jews and Israel allow Muslims to go to the temple mount. Thousands are their each friday.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 12:53 PM
According to the 1947 UN Partition Plan, Jerusalem was supposed to be an international city, not part of either the proposed Jewish or Arab state. During the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, West Jerusalem was captured by Israel, while East Jerusalem (including the Old City) was captured by Jordan. Upon its capture, the Jordanians immediately expelled all the Jewish residents of the Jewish Quarter, most of whom from families that had been living there for centuries. Many synagogues were destroyed, and the Jewish Quarter was bulldozed.

We are still rebuilding from the loss of a very sacred shul that was around for a long time, and the Arab burned it down!
wat made teh UN think it should tell them who the city belongs to :offended:

the UN guys at the tiems where palestinians right :?

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 12:57 PM
wat made teh UN think it should tell them who the city belongs to :offended:the UN guys at the tiems where palestinians right
If you study archeology, you know exactly who the city belongs to.

The Crusaders, Saladin, Mamalukes, and Ottomans came...

They made the city an INTERNATIONAL CITY for all to worship, and Arabs conquered it, expelled Jews, burnt our synagogues, and bulldozed the jewish quarter... is that fair?????

Thousands of Jews have lived in Jeruslam and trace there family back way before islam or the quran.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 12:59 PM
If you study archeology, you know exactly who the city belongs to.

The Crusaders, Saladin, Mamalukes, and Ottomans came...
but the club of warring countries that made up the council... they where palestinians yeh? they where the owners of the land n all... :?

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
but the club of warring countries that made up the council... they where palestinians yeh? they where the owners of the land n all... :?
You speak about owners of the land. Did Muslims own Mecca? No, it belonged to a pagan king did it not...

Jerusalem became under Islamic influence when it was conquered, same with Christianity, same with judaism.

There are no exceptions.

Every arab country had an equal vote as the USA had.

THE WORLD VOTED FOR THE RESULTS!

The arab world said, if the world is in our favor we support un democracy, if not, we do not support and we dont care.

Malaikah
10-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I cant say i know anything about any of this history stuff, but- just cos lots of people want something, doesnt make it right!

just wanted to point that out....

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:04 PM
You speak about owners of the land. Did Muslims own Mecca? No, it belonged to a pagan king did it not...

Jerusalem became under Islamic influence when it was conquered, same with Christianity, same with judaism.

There are no exceptions.

Every arab country had an equal vote as the USA had.

The arab world said, if the world is in our favor we support un democracy, if not, we do not support and we dont care.
yep, so accordin 2ur standards, its ok for ppl who don't liv in the land 2 dictate who it goes to :?

when muslims conquered under umar it they didnt kick ne1 out, eventually they became the predominant inhabitants.

but the point is... world voted for results, 5 super powers is the world :? :offended:

take a good look at the map :uuh:

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:05 PM
yep, so accordin 2ur standards, its ok for ppl who don't liv in the land 2 dictate who it goes to
Jews did live in the land. Jews always lived in the land. Who did not live in the land was the Jordanian goverment who conquered east jerusalme and expelled jews who lived there for CENTURYS!

when muslims conquered under umar it they didnt kick ne1 out, eventually they became the predominant inhabitants.
They restricted the rights of Jews to follow Halacha ect. Jewish courts were also limited.

but the point is... world voted for results, 5 super powers is the world
The vote was not 5 superpowers. each country had its own vote, and it was decided by all nations.

Argentina, the USA, Canada and Pakistan all had the same weight in voting.

Well since we went off topic, let us try and redirect this beack to the topic at hand...

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
I cant say i know anything about any of this history stuff, but- just cos lots of people want something, doesnt make it right!

just wanted to point that out....

btw, the world accordin 2 lavikador consists of the 3 or 5 nuclear powers... :X

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:08 PM
btw, the world accordin 2 lavikador consists of the 3 or 5 nuclear powers... :X
The world consisted of every nation in the UN. Every nation voted on the matter, Pakistan, USA, Chile, and Canada all had the same vote weight.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:11 PM
The world consisted of every nation in the UN. Every nation voted on the matter, Pakistan, USA, Chile, and Canada all had the same vote weight.
u4got that their votes carry no weight in the security council :X

and imagine the whole world decided to rob ur house, u b happy boy?

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
u4got that their votes carry no weight in the security council :X
You forgot that the creation of Israel was decided by the whole world.
The whole UN voted:
The 33 countries that voted in favor of the partition, as set by UN resolution 181: Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Belarus, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, South Africa, Ukraine, United States, USSR, Uruguay, Venezuela.
The 13 countries that voted against UN Resolution 181: Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
The ten countries that abstained: Argentina, Chile, Republic of China, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mexico, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia.
One state was absent: Thailand.
Following the adoption of the plan, Arab countries proposed to query the International Court of Justice on the competence of the General Assembly to partition a country against the wishes of the majority of its inhabitants (it would place 36% of the Arabs inside the Jewish state). This was narrowly defeated. [3]
Meeting in Cairo in November and December of 1947, the Arab League then adopted a series of resolutions aimed at a military solution to the conflict.

But then again we know how the military solution went... 8 arab countries against israel.... israel basically wiped the floor with them.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
n u 4got my other question :?

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Jerusalem and its Residents and Visitors.
  • As soon as Israel came in possession of Jerusalem it immediately abolished all discriminatory policies that were introduced under Jordanian rule.
  • Under Israeli law anyone who does anything that may violate freedom of access of members of various religions sacred to them may be punished by a prison term of five years. The Israeli government does its utmost to prevent provocation that might threaten the sanctity of all of Jerusalem's holy places.
  • Israel has entrusted the administration of holy places to their relevant representatives. For example, the Muslim Waqf is responsible for the Mosques on the Temple Mount.
  • Christians and Muslims across the world including Arab countries that are hostile to Israel have been able to come to Jerusalem to visit their holy shrines.
  • Palestinian Arabs in Jerusalem have political and social rights. They are entitled to Israel medical care, they may vote in elections, and they play a role in the administration of the city. They are not entitled to Israeli citizenship until the future status of Jerusalem is determined.
Jerusalem Under Arab Occupation.
  • Under Jordanian occupation Jewish residents were forced to leave their homes in East Jerusalem. Freedom of worship was not granted to Jews, and Christian pilgrims were subjected to heavy restrictions. The population of Christians reduced from 25,000 in 1949 to 13,000 in 1967. This was a result of Jordan's repressive measures.
  • Under Jordanian occupation Jerusalem was neglected. The Jewish Quarter of the Old City was ransacked and slums surrounded the Western Wall. Basic day-to-day necessities were neglected; water, plumbing, and electricity were lacking.
  • The Jordanian government allowed Jewish graves to be destroyed in the Mount of Olives by allowing a highway to be built that crosses the site.
Jewish Claims to Jerusalem
  • Jerusalem is the cradle of Jewish heritage and Jewish civilization. Ever since King David made Jerusalem the capital of Israel 3,000 years ago, the city has been at the center of Jewish existence. The last remaining wall of the Jewish Temple is the Western wall is in the old city of Jerusalem. The Western Wall and the city of Jerusalem itself is the most holy places of Judaism. Jerusalem is the focus of Jewish prayer. Three times a day Jews across the world face Jerusalem. For thousands of years Jews have prayed "To Jerusalem, thy city, shall we return with joy". For thousands of years Jews have concluded festivities with the words "next year… in Jerusalem."
  • The Jewish connection to the Temple Mount dates back for more than 3,000 years. It is the site where Abraham tied his son to an alter as a sacrifice to G-d. It is the site of two Jewish temples that were the center of Jewish religious life, learning, and social life until the destruction of the Second Temple by the Romans. The Mosques on the Temple Mount were built over 7 hundred years later after the Muslim occupation of the land.
  • The fact that Jerusalem is disputed, or that it is claimed by others does not mean that the city belongs to them.
Under Judaism
  • Jews have lived in Jerusalem for 2,000 continuously.
  • Jews consist of the majority of Jerusalem in the present state of Israel constituting over 530,000 of the city's 758,000 population.
  • Jews have been the largest group of inhabitants since the 1840s.
  • Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab entity. It has never even been a provincial capital of under Muslim rule. It has never been a center of Muslim learning. Jerusalem has never been a cultural center of Islam.
  • Jerusalem is pivotal to the Jews historically, culturally and spiritually. The attachment of Jews and Jerusalem is unmatched with any other nation and a holy city.
Now let us get back on topic.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:20 PM
You forgot that the creation of Israel was decided by the whole world.
The whole UN voted:
The 33 countries that voted in favor of the partition, as set by UN resolution 181: Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Belarus, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, South Africa, Ukraine, United States, USSR, Uruguay, Venezuela.
The 13 countries that voted against UN Resolution 181: Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.
The ten countries that abstained: Argentina, Chile, Republic of China, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mexico, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia.
One state was absent: Thailand.
Following the adoption of the plan, Arab countries proposed to query the International Court of Justice on the competence of the General Assembly to partition a country against the wishes of the majority of its inhabitants (it would place 36% of the Arabs inside the Jewish state). This was narrowly defeated. [3]
Meeting in Cairo in November and December of 1947, the Arab League then adopted a series of resolutions aimed at a military solution to the conflict.

But then again we know how the military solution went... 8 arab countries against israel.... israel basically wiped the floor with them.
ofcourse it did... taht dont make it a just cause right :?

n as i sed.. general assembly carreis no weight... answer the other one... with all honesty.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Jerusalem and its Residents and Visitors.
  • <LI class=maintext>As soon as Israel came in possession of Jerusalem it immediately abolished all discriminatory policies that were introduced under Jordanian rule. <LI class=maintext>Under Israeli law anyone who does anything that may violate freedom of access of members of various religions sacred to them may be punished by a prison term of five years. The Israeli government does its utmost to prevent provocation that might threaten the sanctity of all of Jerusalem's holy places. <LI class=maintext>Israel has entrusted the administration of holy places to their relevant representatives. For example, the Muslim Waqf is responsible for the Mosques on the Temple Mount. <LI class=maintext>Christians and Muslims across the world including Arab .......
  • Jerusalem is pivotal to the Jews historically, culturally and spiritually. The attachment of Jews and Jerusalem is unmatched with any other nation and a holy city.
Now let us get back on topic.
:haha: wat a way 2 evade my question...
answer it ... one word is minimum requirement :D

afriend
10-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Oooh How sweet of them.....and let them beat the hell outta them for the other 11 months...

But this is really nice of them...whoever they are. and we shud do the same in return.

Actually the group that is doing this have zionists in there ranks. To say that zionists are not involved in this charity project would be very naive. There is no hidden motive, Jews are commanded to help people, even non-Jews, and required to give 10% of our earnings as "tzedukah" or charity.
Oh wow...almost exactly the same as Islam, except it's 'Zakah'.

Maybe we should embrace eachother...we have too much in common :)

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
and imagine the whole world decided to rob ur house, u b happy boy?
The whole word did rob my house.

Jerusalem was robbed by Babylonians, Crusaders, Saladin, Mamalukes, Ottomans, and Jordanians.

I have now returned to my house.

Thats is my awnser care or not...

Now lets move back on topic, or discuss this somewhere else.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Jerusalem was robbed by Babylonians, Crusaders, Saladin, Mamalukes, Ottomans, and Jordanians.

I have now returned to my house.
:? ur house was in germany/austria... how did u jump from there 2 palestine all of a sudden :offended: n then say das ur house?

afriend
10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Jerusalem is pivotal to the Jews historically, culturally and spiritually. The attachment of Jews and Jerusalem is unmatched with any other nation and a holy city.
You see my friend....it's stuff like this that stirs the S**T!!!

Whenever the ownership of land starts, that's when it goes all....Bad.

I was very happy today to see that, until I read that comment.

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
ur house was in germany/austria... how did u jump from there 2 palestine all of a sudden :offended: n then say das ur house?
I'm middle eastern, my family can be traced back a long time in Israel, until we cannot trace anymore... my house is israel.

The Jews in Austria and Germany, there houses were Israel.

If you knew about history, Roman conquerers sent them as slaves to Europe. Now they returned to claim there rightful houses.

Compare it Mecca. Islam and Mecca have a relationship like no other, that can never be broken. You travel there to worship and connect with your faith, and it must be an amazing experience, I have that same realtionship with jerusalem.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
You see my friend....it's stuff like this that stirs the S**T!!!

Whenever the ownership of land starts, that's when it goes all....Bad.

iqram stay out of this... not a suckup zone here... its for ppl of reality. not lala things.

afriend
10-27-2006, 01:28 PM
iqram stay out of this... not a suckup zone here... its for ppl of reality. not lala chicks.
what u on about?

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm middle eastern, my family can be traced back a long time in Israel, until we cannot trace anymore... my house is israel.

The Jews in Austria and Germany, there houses were Israel.

If you knew about history, Roman conquerers sent them as slaves to Europe. Now they returned to claim there rightful houses.

Compare it Mecca. Islam and Mecca have a relationship like no other, that can never be broken. You travel there to worship and connect with your faith, and it must be an amazing experience, I have that same realtionship with jerusalem.
Yeh well its not Muslims problems that you guys gave up ur land and came bak god knos how many yrs alter 2 claim something that no longer xists :offended:

We're talkin about houses that are bein snatched from ppls very eyes... n ur quite happy about that... even tho the UN could hav accomodated u guys soemwhere in arizona withotu causin any probs

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:31 PM

afriend
10-27-2006, 01:33 PM

Should be like that^

Instead....

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeh well its not Muslims problems that you guys gave up ur land and came bak god knos how many yrs alter 2 claim something that no longer xists
You say we Gave up our land??? How about had it stolen!

You say claim that Doesnt' exist??? The western wall exists, mount of olives exist, the gates exist, the mount exists, the quarter existed until jordanians bulldozed it down and torched our places of prayer.

even tho the UN could hav accomodated u guys soemwhere in arizona withotu causin any probs
Okay, we get our land stolen, and come back and see new people there, and we should just go to Arizona? Jews have been the majority in Jerusalem during 1840's until now as well... we didnt all just come on boats after holocaust.

half of the jewish population in israel are arab jews like me.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Should be like that^

Instead....

so tru :X
lol sorry bro.... maybe i misunerstood but i thought u where supportin hsi claims or sumfn :hiding:

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 01:37 PM
lavik i guess create another thread 2 not sidetrak dis one

lavikor201
10-27-2006, 01:41 PM
lavik i guess create another thread 2 not sidetrak dis one
It will be the same thing over again. Endless arguments and you not udnerstanding that half of Israel are arabs and are inhabitants of the holy land, not people from europe who came back after they were enslaved and land stolen.

Jews have always had a presence here.

I have to get to work though.

Peace.

afriend
10-27-2006, 01:42 PM
would love to have 'the same thing over again. Endless arguments ' Again.......Lolly create the new thread...And I'm very sure you misunderstood me :)

Malaikah
10-27-2006, 01:54 PM
You say we Gave up our land??? How about had it stolen!
umm im pretty sure your ancestors gave up their right to the land when they wimped out and didnt fight for it even though God told them they had to fight for it....

thats the islamic version of events anyway, i dont know what happens in your version

IzakHalevas
10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
umm im pretty sure your ancestors gave up their right to the land when they wimped out and didnt fight for it even though God told them they had to fight for it....
'

The Jewish people in the Holy Land certainly did not "wimp out" and not fight back. The Roman Empire had the greatest army at that time however, so the people in the Holy Land who fought the Romans and defeated them many times finally lost after a while.

What is interesting however with your logic is that the Jews do not deserve their land because they "wimped out" as you say, yet at the same time, would you not apply that logic to Muslims who you believe had their land taken from them. Did they not to "wimp out" and let the Israeli's win and therefore have no right to the land? I certainly disagree. I believe the Arabs have every right to the land in Israel they lived in, and many Arab Israeli's excersice that right of course.

A society that can live togther in peace and understanding despite cultural differences is what we should strive for, which is what I see a first step in happening, when people help others with charity.

Under Israeli rule, Arabs have every right to freedom of worship because they are not under Jewish law, they are under secular law.

lolwatever
10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
^ lol do the muslims look like they're wimpin out 2 u... :? btw das tru cheese.. i just remembered that point when i read wat u sed!!

newayz im off 4 vac, bbl insh. start a new trhead if intersted

salamz

Malaikah
10-28-2006, 12:38 AM
The Jewish people in the Holy Land certainly did not "wimp out" and not fight back. The Roman Empire had the greatest army at that time however, so the people in the Holy Land who fought the Romans and defeated them many times finally lost after a while.
I am talking about the time of Prophet Moses. Are you? When God told Moses that he and his people could have the land if they fight for it, the people didnt want to fight, well they were slaves after all, they werent used to fighting for themselves. Anyway so then Moses died with out being able to enter the land that he was promised, and his people lost their God-given right to the land. I dont know what happened after that, but the point is, the land wasnt theirs anymore.

Thats the islamic version of events. Btw, in the islamic version, those people who followed Moses where also Muslims, not Jews.

snakelegs
10-28-2006, 08:57 AM
off topic:
saw an excellent movie last night - it's a documentary by an israeli jewish film director called "the inner tour". it's a bus tour of palestinian exiles through israel (pre '67 borders). the director wanted to show how totally differently palestinians saw israel from the way israeli jews see it.
excellent film.
i recommend it highly.
ok - go back to your fighting.

IzakHalevas
10-28-2006, 06:11 PM
and his people lost their God-given right to the land.
Actually that is where you reveal how little you know about the Torah. I think you should re-read the scriptures. G-d tells Moshe that his generation will not enter Yisrael, and that his children will be the first to do so.

Now that you have revealed to us, your intent to manipulate the truth, would you like to continue debating Torah?

mas
10-28-2006, 08:51 PM
U kill them from one side and give them food from one side thats ridculous
. that anit cAlled help
thats called being fake
salam
peace out

Rou
10-28-2006, 08:52 PM
The same Jewish group who gave food assistance to underprivileged Jews during Rosh Hashanah and Sukkot is now turning to help an unlikely crowd: underprivileged Muslims who will celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan next week with the holiday of Eid Al-Fiter.

On Tuesday, 150 Jews, in cooperation with the "Kavod Foundation" gathered in Jerusalem to assist with the packing of canned goods and other provisions to be delivered during the holiday to needy Muslims in East Jerusalem.

Yoav Shprank, a member of the organization told Ynet that the Kavod Foundation is working all year to help Jews, Christians, and Muslims during the holidays. As an example, the Reform movement donated 2,000 food boxes to the welfare offices, and they are also planning a substantial food donation in preparation for Christmas.

The director of the youth movement who participated in the packaging of the goods Yaniv Gliksman said that as a part of their activities they always speak about pluralism which is one of their most central values. According to him, there is a need to help everyone who lives in Israel because there are sectors of the population nobody tends to. Despite their wishes, the youths who participated in the packing will not take part in the actual distribution of the packages because they do not have permission to enter East Jerusalem.

In addition to East Jerusalem, the food will be distributed to Muslim communities in Jaffa, Haifa, and Shfaram.

The youth movement which participated in the drive is a part of the "Kol Haneshama" community who are active in the German Settlement and Bakaa neighborhoods of Jerusalem. Rabbi Gilad Kariv of the Reform movement explains that "one of the most important values of the movement is equality, and so they work in all sectors of Israeli society. Just as we have food drives before Rosh Hashanah and Passover, it is important for us as Jews to help non-Jewish families in Israel celebrate their holidays with respect."

Rabbi Kariv also adds that he believes the fact a Muslim family will receive the packages from religious Jewish families in Israel "will contribute to change the atmosphere in Israel."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...316338,00.html

May allah bless those who help the innocent and spread unity among us...
evil-doers will be most unhappy with this sign of unity...

but the good see not bounds in race or religon...allah has decreed us all brothers and we shall have peace one day..inshallah

SirZubair
10-28-2006, 10:17 PM
~ A journey of a thousand miles begins with 1 step ~

Malaikah
10-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Actually that is where you reveal how little you know about the Torah. I think you should re-read the scriptures. G-d tells Moshe that his generation will not enter Yisrael, and that his children will be the first to do so.

Now that you have revealed to us, your intent to manipulate the truth, would you like to continue debating Torah?
For Gods sake, read properly!! I said that is the ISLAMIC VERSION of events, and that has nothing to do with the Torah!

Allow me to quote myself:

Thats the islamic version of events. Btw, in the islamic version, those people who followed Moses where also Muslims, not Jews.
Muslims are not bound by what is written by in the Torah because we believe that it has been altered by mankind. But this has nothing to do with the topic anyway.

I didnt say what i explained was from the Torah at all.

kormath
10-29-2006, 06:28 AM
It's a good news to humanity, if the contents of the thread are true. I think that the Zionists will not accept such a appriciable attitude towards others.

north_malaysian
10-30-2006, 03:19 AM

Caliph Omar saved Jews from the Romans, so did Saladin... he saved the Jews from the Crusaders.... How can they be robbers?

sameer
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
hmmm starve of thousands in the Gaza Strip and other places, destroy their infrastructure and homes on one hand....then feed a few on the other hand....

Anyhow.....Allah knows the intention of people who donated, and if they are genuine...then they should be commended.....and may Allah bless them with Guidance. If they aren't genuine....well Allah would know for sure and may he curse them -again.

sameer
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM

We are still rebuilding from the loss of a very sacred shul that was around for a long time, and the Arab burned it down, the Jewish quarter will never be the same.

Under Jordanian rule jews were not allowed to visit our holy sites, yet, Jews and Israel allow Muslims to go to the temple mount. Thousands are their each friday.
ummm if the state of Israel wasn't formed...would this have happened?
If the Jordanians did this to the Jews on their side, then they were wrong, however if the Jews were helping the enemy, then i think they were justified in expelling them and at least they weren't killed.

AvarAllahNoor
10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
:bravo: :awesome: :ace: Spread the :love:.....

Muhammad
11-01-2006, 09:59 AM
:sl: and Greetings,

I think it would have been better to reserve some of the things said here for perhaps another thread, seeing as it was intended to try and contribute to a peaceful relationship with each other. Anyhow, it has served its purpose and thankyou for sharing the news with us lavikor.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.