/* */

PDA

View Full Version : moving to a place kalled stamford hill

AnonymousPoster
10-26-2006, 09:51 PM
salaam, my parents are making me whole family move to a place called stamford hill because my dads job. i live in manchester right now so i dont know about thisplace.

can someone tell me if there are a lot of muslims there>????? and what there is to do there?:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker_of_ilm
10-26-2006, 10:11 PM
:sl:

I don't know about the Muslim community there, in fact, I don't know anything about Stamford Hill, other than the large Orthodox Jewish Community there.

Sadia25
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
ohh sorry because i dont know anything of England bcz i live in Panama!! SORRRYYY!!

glo
10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Perhaps you will find information on this site useful:
http://www.movethat.co.uk/London/My/Stamford_Hill/?p=0

A lot of it probably isn't all that helpful, but this post jumped out at me:
Stamford Hill has also a large muslim (mainly gujerati indian) community. Also has a large mosque on cazenove road which provides a range of family services. [...]
Good luck with the move! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, I thought I'd also help out:

I don't know much about England, but I did my research for you! I found out that Stamford Hill is in Hackney, which is a borough of East London, and is definately part of inner London, meaning access to Mosques is just a drive away, maybe a walk! As Seeker of Ilm said, there is a large Orthodox Jewish community in Stamford Hill, so you'll be in company with excellent people, I know a few.

And to your interest, here was the cencus 'holy' head-count for Hackney:

The 2001 census also shows Christianity is the biggest religion in Hackney, with 94,431 (47%) Christian; 27,908 (14%) Muslim; 10,732 (5%) Jewish; and 6,831 (3%) belong to other religions. A further 38,607 (19%) stated no religion, and 24,315 (12%) did not state a religion

lavikor201
10-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Stamford Hill has a lot of Orthodox Jews many are Kharedi, which means they are much more like you then secular English are. They do not believe in TV or outside western influences, they keepm strict diatary laws similar to you, and they also pray and study scriptures a lot.

You probably have more in common then you think.

Of course Israel and political views may be worlds apart, but in reality, you may be suprised on how alike we all are.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.