/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Fox Hate Islam?

sonz
10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
During last night's "Two Minutes of Hate" (AKA "Grapevine") segment on "Special Report", host Brit Hume used his time to complain about a donation to Georgetown University from a Saudi prince that would create workshops "regarding Islam" and opened a center for Muslim-Christian understanding.
Hume claimed that at the same time, Georgetown revoked affiliations of Christian Groups, making it appear as though Georgetown is intolerant of Christianity. Hume, however; once again refused to tell the whole story.
Hume began his biased tirade, "Georgetown University — the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit college — which has Bill Clinton among its distinguished graduates..."

Comment: First and foremost, Hume finds a way to tie the Clintons into this story, despite the fact they have nothing to do with it. But he certainly makes sure Clintons' name is associated.

Hume went on, "...has accepted a $20 million donation from a Saudi prince in order to put on workshops regarding Islam, address U.S. policy toward the Muslim world and encourage other Islamic studies. The prince's name is now on the school's center for Muslim-Christian understanding."
Comment: According to the Washington Post, the prince that Hume does not name is Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal. Prince Bin Talal has more than just ties to Georgetown - he's a partial owner of News Corp., Fox's parent company.

Not only that, but Prince Bin Talal has also influenced reporting on Fox News itself. During the French riots in November 2005, Fox attempted to portray them as a form of Islamic terrorism. Despite the obviousness that terrorism played no part, Fox only changed its tune after Prince Bin Talal asked them to.

According to Prince Bin Talal , "'I picked up the phone and called Murdoch... (and told him) these are not Muslim riots, these are riots out of poverty,' he said. 'Within 30 minutes, the title was changed from Muslim riots to civil riots.'"

Hume finished by attempting to make Georgetown appear to have a religious bias, "But Georgetown apparently doesn't understand or approve of some Christian groups — including InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship and Crossroads Campus Christian Fellowship. Georgetown has revoked their affiliations, removed them from the school's Web site and —according to World Net Daily — told them to leave campus."
This is pure, complete, unadulterated spin. The Washington Post reported these groups Hume mentioned were outside organizations, not a part of the school, and had no student involvement. In fact, these groups were asked to leave by the Georgetown's Protestant chaplaincy.

According to the article, "Georgetown's Protestant chaplaincy, part of the office of Campus Ministry, told the six outside Protestant groups Aug. 17 that they would no longer be allowed to reserve rooms for weekly meetings, use Georgetown's name or organize on campus without an invitation from a student. Between 100 and 300 students are active in the groups, which include Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship and InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, national organizations." The article continued to say, "Protestant students could establish a student group and access space that way."

So, the Islamic studies is apart of the University, these Christian groups were not. Christian groups have not been banned from the school, only outside organizations that have no oversight by the University itself, while all other university-affiliated Christian groups are allowed to remain.
This segment's only intention was to disparage the religion of Islam, cause divisiveness between religions, while desperately attempting to keep Fox's far-right Christian base.

To contact Hume about this outright lie, please e-mail special@foxnews.com.

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/10/27/...hate_islam.php

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
10-27-2006, 08:29 PM
If Brit Hume made a mistake in the report he will admit it. Hume was and is known to be a quality journalist, and the fact that he works for FOX news hasn't changed that. I don't know the details behind this issue, but making this about "FOX hates Islam" is purely nonsense.

جوري
03-23-2007, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
does_fox_hate_islam
I am yet to see a Quality program from that Murdoch media... It is almost cancerous.... it just takes over your being--- I turn off my TV whenever I see their rabid dogs utter the usual rhetoric... I wouldn't want to contribute to their ratings and it is truly the least I can do...

Darkseid
03-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Fox doesn't hate Islam, they hate anyone not willing to agree or succumb to their ideas. For goodness sakes they hate liberals for that reason, why won't they hate you and I for the same reason? Trust me, it is because we disagree with them that they hate us. They are nothing more than neo-conservatives.

And what are neo-conservatives? They are people that follow one path as though they see one way with one eye. That is what they are like. Cyclopses.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tiger_Stripes
03-23-2007, 04:27 AM
All Christians hate Muslims. All Muslims hate Jews. All Jews hate Christians.

Keltoi
03-23-2007, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Stripes
Surely you don't believe that. Tell me you are being sarcastic.

Keltoi
03-23-2007, 04:36 AM
I've watched FOX news, along with all the other news channels, since it was created. When liberals watch FOX news it drives them crazy. When conservatives watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC, it drives them crazy. One channel that gives equal time to traditional conservative points of view is unique and long overdue in my opinion

Darkseid
03-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Wrong. My dad is a jew and my mom is a christian and they don't hate each other. My best friend is a muslim and he doesn't hate my mom nor my dad. So you are wrong.

Darkseid
03-23-2007, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I've watched FOX news, along with all the other news channels, since it was created. When liberals watch FOX news it drives them crazy. When conservatives watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC, it drives them crazy. One channel that gives equal time to traditional conservative points of view is unique and long overdue in my opinion
They even call other conservatives as being liberals. Trust me they aren't preseing points from other conservatives. They are just presenting information made by their boss as propaganda to promote their ideas onto unexpecting American citizens. They are the anti-christ.

And my appology for double posting.

Tiger_Stripes
03-23-2007, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darkseid
Wrong. My dad is a jew and my mom is a christian and they don't hate each other. My best friend is a muslim and he doesn't hate my mom nor my dad. So you are wrong.
In that case,
1.) Your dad is not a real Jew
2.) Your mom is not a real Christian
3.) Your friend is not a real Muslim.

Tiger_Stripes
03-23-2007, 04:52 AM
BBC is the most honest and moral news channel.

جوري
03-23-2007, 04:53 AM
I get my news from independent sources. I don't think news should have any political undertones which is rather oxymoronic... since it is geared to sway your emotions one way or the other... To me news should be given like a history book, and it should maintain neutrality... but that would mean a cold day in hell for corporate media! ---

Keltoi
03-23-2007, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darkseid
They even call other conservatives as being liberals. Trust me they aren't preseing points from other conservatives. They are just presenting information made by their boss as propaganda to promote their ideas onto unexpecting American citizens. They are the anti-christ.

And my appology for double posting.
Conservatives would say the same thing about all the other news channels. If you don't like conservative opinion, don't watch FOX news.

Keltoi
03-23-2007, 05:03 AM
BBC is the most honest and moral news channel.
You have to be kidding me...

Oh well, opinions are opinions.

Tiger_Stripes
03-23-2007, 05:19 AM
You have to be kidding me...

Oh well, opinions are opinions.
How is it biased?

Keltoi
03-23-2007, 05:26 AM
I think the BBC tends to be fairly sensationalist and quite liberal. That is only my opinion as a conservative. Usually when you agree with the opinions put forth by a news organization you think they are the most reliable. I say opinion, because that is what most news outlets are at this point, whether they admit it or not. Pure unbiased journalism might be a thing of the past, if it ever existed at all.

Tiger_Stripes
03-23-2007, 05:28 AM
I think the BBC tends to be fairly sensationalist and quite liberal. That is only my opinion as a conservative. Usually when you agree with the opinions put forth by a news organization you think they are the most reliable. I say opinion, because that is what most news outlets are at this point, whether they admit it or not. Pure unbiased journalism might be a thing of the past, if it ever existed at all.
So you think FOX news is "fair and balanced?" HAHAHA

I am conservative too btw, I support Ron Paul :)

north_malaysian
03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
In that case,
And you're not a real human.... i think you might be a martian.:okay:

north_malaysian
03-23-2007, 07:12 AM
So you think FOX news is "fair and balanced?" HAHAHA
It's hard to say because Fox News is not available in Malaysia... we only have CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera (English), Al Jazeera (Arabic), Bloomberg, CNBC, ABC (Australia), Deutsche Welle, CCTV (China)

SirZubair
03-23-2007, 07:30 AM
In that case,
One word for you :

Idiot.

MTAFFI
03-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Why does it always have to be "______ Hates Islam" or "_______ against Islam"? Does it ever occur to anyone that maybe you are just being paranoid? Fox doesnt hate Islam, Fox is simply a conservative republican news station, and there is nothing wrong with it! Just the same as there is nothing wrong with Al-Jazeera or The Guardian, same thing just different points of view, and I must say Thank God for that!

I mean really if every news station had the same point of view, then what sense would that make? I like different points of view, even those that may conflict with my own personal opinions, it is called having an open mind! Just because Fox doesnt always report positively about Muslims doesnt mean they hate you and definitely not all Muslims, I mean lets just face the facts here not all Muslims are good people. There are a lot of Muslims doing a lot of bad things and because of the state of the world today they are going to get more coverage than the average Joe. News is News and just because it doesnt always reflect good on you doesnt mean it is not credible or that they are out to get you, it is just informing the people of what is going on. I mean what should be said, would you believe fox news more if they said America is the cause of all the problems in the world, Muslims are not commiting any acts of violence, and all of the world governments should convert to Shariah Law?

TRY HAVING AN OPEN MIND

Muezzin
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I have an open mind. I still dislike Fox News because it appears quite narrow-minded. I'm not saying it should be banned or anything. I'm just saying that I have little respect for it.

Keltoi
03-23-2007, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I have an open mind. I still dislike Fox News because it appears quite narrow-minded. I'm not saying it should be banned or anything.
You have to separate news from opinion. When Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, John Gibson, etc, give their opinions, that isn't a "news" show, that is an opinion show. The straight up news stories you see on FOX are the same as the stories you will see on MSNBC or CNN. What people don't like, usually liberals, is the conservative opinion being given equal to majority time on the channel. Believe me, I feel the same way when I watch MSNBC..I find Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman to be terribly narrow-minded. I don't like their opinions.

Muezzin
03-23-2007, 02:45 PM
You have to separate news from opinion. When Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, John Gibson, etc, give their opinions, that isn't a "news" show, that is an opinion show. The straight up news stories you see on FOX are the same as the stories you will see on MSNBC or CNN. What people don't like, usually liberals, is the conservative opinion being given equal to majority time on the channel. Believe me, I feel the same way when I watch MSNBC..I find Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman to be terribly narrow-minded. I don't like their opinions.
I can and do separate news from opinions. You have to admit that all channels have their own slant on which news they report, or rather, how much time they dedicate to certain stories as opposed to the time other channels dedicate to the same stories.

Luckily, I'm spared all this 'opinion' garbage as I live in the UK. The slants remain in the news channels, but the opinions are saved for debate shows rather than broadcast soapboxes.

I like reading news on Google News because it compiles many, many different views on the same story, so it's easier, for lack of a better term, to cut the crap and get to the truth of the matter.

MTAFFI
03-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I have an open mind. I still dislike Fox News because it appears quite narrow-minded. I'm not saying it should be banned or anything. I'm just saying that I have little respect for it.
It is fine to say that they are narrow minded, I can understand that, it is fine to have little or no respect for it, I can understand that, it is when people say "Oh they are out to get us" or "oh Fox hates Islam" that gets me. Just because they arent always reporting positively on Muslims, doesnt mean they should be discredited or considered as a group that hates Muslims. Perhaps they hate the Muslims that are committing some of these crimes in Iraq or Afghan or anywhere in the world, but peaceful Muslims that coexist with the rest of society without problems, no I dont think they hate them. I wonder if Muslims had a problem with watching Fox news before 9/11

Muezzin
03-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think Fox as a news channel is out to get Muslims or Islam (though certain of their presenters' opinions are clearly biased, but hey, that's just opinions and hot air). I do think it is slanted, just as every other news channel is slanted in some way. The only way to be truly objective is to read all the different views.

MTAFFI
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think Fox as a news channel is out to get Muslims or Islam (though certain of their presenters' opinions are clearly biased, but hey, that's just opinions and hot air). I do think it is slanted, just as every other news channel is slanted in some way. The only way to be truly objective is to read all the different views.
exactly which is why I said in an above post

same thing just different points of view, and I must say Thank God for that

Fox news is a different view as well, and they do have good points and yes they are a little slanted, and as you said so is every other news station

Tiger_Stripes
03-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Hate is a necessity for survival, just like food and water.

SirZubair
03-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Hate is a necessity for survival, just like food and water.
Yes, hating for the right reasons is a necessity for survival. Hate for injustice is a necessity. Hate for greed is a necessity. Hate for unjust hate is a necessity.

Hating for the wrong reasons will take you to hell. Unjust hate is one of the many diseases of the heart.

Check out that book. I'd love to lend you my copy, but its sitting in some corner of my wifes bedroom in India.

Keltoi
03-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Hate is a neccessity? That sure isn't Christian belief, and I don't believe it is an Islamic belief either. Hate is a problem, not a necessity.

SirZubair
03-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Hate is a neccessity? That sure isn't Christian belief, and I don't believe it is an Islamic belief either. Hate is a problem, not a necessity.
One can either Hate all that is wrong in the world, or Love what is wrong in the world. At times like these, with all the crap that is happening in the world, it is a neccessity for one to hate what is wrong in the world. Not nesscarily the people who are commiting the wrong actions, but the actions themselves.

An example is : America bombing Iraq. America bombing Afghanistan, America bombing Vietnam. Muslims killing non-muslims who have done nothing wrong. Muslims targetting Israeli children because they are seeking revenge because an israeli bomb killed the children of the Muslims. Muslims blowing up a train in India and killing thousands of Hindus ( and muslims ), Muslims blowing up a bomb/bus in London 'seeking revenge for the death of their brothers and sisters'. Heck, i can give you dozens,.. if not Hundreds of examples.

Like i said, one shouldn't hate the person who has commited the act, but the action. I personally make dua for a person such as George Bush that he be guided and that before he dies, he will set right all the wrong he has done. I know.... Fat Chance. But hey, it doesn't cost me a penny to pray for him... so there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Hate is a disease of the heart which is somewhat linked to Rancor, which is another disease of the heart.

Some muslims complain about "how bad america is.. how filthy rich their president is.. how corrupt america and britian are.." while they completely ignore that the 'capital of islam' ( Saudi Arabia ) is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. They are willing to turn a blind eye to the fact that the Saudi is so corrupt, simply because deep down they don't really care about who is corrupted and who isn't corrupted, they simply have hate for America and Americans in general. So in cases such as these, the muslims that have hate in their hearts don't hate the bad actions commited by the evil-doers, they have rancor in their hearts towards America, could be for many reasons, such as : Those muslims havent had a taste of freedom that an American has. Because that particular muslim hasn't got the same amount of $blingbling$ that the average american has? Maybe that muslim is dying to dig his teeth into a big fat juicy McD's burger..?

Thats an example of hating for the wrong reasons. That is not permisable in islam.

Argh... i hope i am making sense..:X

SirZubair
03-24-2007, 07:02 AM
****... that took alot of editing.

Tiger_Stripes
03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
You need to hate in order to survive. Hate among yourselves. If there was no hate then peace would be reality. Peace is a myth like utopia.

SirZubair
03-24-2007, 12:28 PM
You need to hate in order to survive. Hate among yourselves. If there was no hate then peace would be reality. Peace is a myth like utopia.
I am glad to see you have been banned.

Darkseid
03-24-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I am glad to see you have been banned.
So am I, brother.

Well there is one good reason to hate. Hating someone that encourages hate.

Now that satanist (I think it was a satanist), Tiger_Stripes can go back to his natural habitat known as hell. LOL! Bad religious humor, but I got a laugh out of it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.