/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice...

AnonymousPoster
10-27-2006, 09:45 PM
:sl:

I'm in a bit of a pickle, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice. I am currently studying for A Levels, and I have the opportunity to do Hifz-Ul-Quran, part time. However, in doing so, I could maybe compromise my A Level grades? So I'm kinda worried about that, because I'd have to go for 2-3 hours a day, on top of which, I'd have to learn the new lesson.

Any advice.....motivation....anything?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-27-2006, 09:47 PM

Never leave Hifz when you have the opportunity for it.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-27-2006, 09:52 PM
^ great advice, and when doing hifz attempt to take and practise the quran.

The sahaba would read 10 ayyat, learn its meaning, understand it, memorise it, practise it and then move on to the next 10 !

AnonymousPoster
10-27-2006, 09:59 PM

I understand that, but I need to do well in A levels, because of Uni etc.... I want to do Hifz, but I'm worried about not being able to cope with it all, College and Hifz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-27-2006, 10:02 PM

Im going thru the same thing. Its tough..but it can be done. Its just that you absolutely need to consistent on both and that takes effort. Im telling you from experiences, you'll feel the need to postpone your Hifz for the college/school work, but you need to have the determination, will power and resolve to do it. That is key to success Inshallah. Spending time with the Quran will never bring you harm in deen or dunya Inshallah.

AnonymousPoster
10-27-2006, 10:03 PM

Another problem, is that I am lazy by nature, which is why I think I would get tired easily.

Any advice on that?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-27-2006, 10:47 PM

Yeah..same here. But i guess you need to build your willpower first. That is important. You shouldnt get into hifz and walk out halfway. Just start it Inshallah and ask Allah for help and be patient in the trials that get in your way because they definetly will. But if you persevere you'll succeed in both Inshallah.

anonymous
11-04-2006, 03:09 PM
salams i suggest you start cutting down on tv and eventually banning it b4 u evan start. Try implying more sunnah acts etc and make sure you pray every fardh salah with jammaat(if poss) when you start memorising, keep more or less same amount of hours in studying @ home 4 ure alevels and in remembering your quran. also do zikhr of Allah more cuz if u do then Inshallah Allah will give you the strength to do well in both matters. Try to create a good character within yourself (Islamically) and try and be Zuhur(Zahir) which means try & not to care about worldy luxuries and desirex more eg cars football etc and that your concentration is more.
I pray that Allah helps you with your decision. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.