/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on one who is killed in the fight against drugs.

- Qatada -
10-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Ruling on one who is killed in the fight against drugs

Question:

Drugs have become widespread in the Muslim countries. If a man who is employed in the fight against drugs is killed during a drugs raid, is he considered to be a shaheed (martyr)? And what is the ruling on those who give information and help the law-enforcement officers to find the drug dens?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Undoubtedly the fight against intoxicants and drugs is one of the greatest forms of jihad for the sake of Allaah. One of the most important duties is for all members of society to cooperate in fighting that, because fighting it is in the interests of everyone, and because its spread harms everyone. Whoever is killed in the fight against this evil and has a good intention is one of the martyrs. Whoever helps to expose drug dens and tells the law-enforcement officers where they are will be rewarded for that and is also regarded as a mujaahid fighting for the sake of the truth, in the interests of the Muslims and to protect their society against something harmful. We ask Allaah to guide those who deal in drugs and to bring them back to their senses and grant them refuge from the evil of their own selves and the traps of their enemy the Shaytaan. May He help those who are fighting against them to do a good job. May He help them to do their duty, guide them aright and grant them victory over the Shaytaan, for He is the best to be asked.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 4, p. 410

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...0kill%20martyr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 12:47 PM
whooohooooah !!! come on fi-sab what are we wastin time for :D theres loadsa drug smuggling goin on :D :D

seeker_of_ilm
10-28-2006, 12:54 PM
:sl:

Why do I have the sudden urge to visit some drug dealers and clean the streets?......:rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Why do I have the sudden urge to visit some drug dealers and clean the streets?......:rollseyes
mayb coz u just read that fatwa and now hav a huge smile on your face like so :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
10-30-2006, 01:19 AM
lol same here

Ghazi
10-30-2006, 01:53 AM

I have a major issue with this seems today everything that is mentioned is either a jihad or a shaheed this, Yes I fully understand Jihad is striving for the cause of allah and yes I would agree this would be a form of jihad, but now lets tackle the issue of does this make someone a shaheed, authentic hadith have mentioned what makes someone a shaheed and I havn't come across this, this maybe a noble act but does it actually come with the reward of shuhadaa from that fatwa no hadith have been given or quranic ayat.

SirZubair
10-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Everybody wants to be a shaheed these days eh?

Come on brothers, lets go help out some homeless families, help a widow, help an orphan.

Trust me, it is very rewarding.

Pk_#2
10-30-2006, 09:46 AM

^^^^^ He agrees!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.