/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dispatches: Woman only Jihad. Channel 4

youngsister
10-28-2006, 07:26 PM
:sl:

Women Only Jihad
Channel 4 Monday 30 October 2006, 8pm
An Islamic crescent of the Masjid-E-Umer mosque is seen against the sky in east London
REUTERS/Toby Melville (BRITAIN)
There are around 1,600 mosques in Britain. Well over half do not allow women access to worship and hardly any allow women a say on how the mosques are managed and run. Journalist Tazeen Ahmad follows a group of young Muslim women who are waging a determined campaign to force these mosques to open up. She also investigates the recent Muslim scarf/veil controversies and speaks to some of the young women who choose to wear them.

GUYS IF U LIVE IN THE UK WATCH IT!
I seen the advert it looks like battle of the sexes. Dont think is going to potray Muslim men in a good light.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-28-2006, 07:28 PM
It's only for UK? aww i wanna watch lol =\
oh well'sz
Salaam

- Qatada -
10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
:wasalamex

I think watchin programs like these just make you more angry.. so i try to avoid them.

Why not use that time to tell someone about the good things about islaam, instead of watching something which put's people off islaam?

:salamext:

youngsister
10-28-2006, 10:10 PM
:sl: Huh? Angry? There are many mosque were women arent let in, so whats so bad about watching some brave sisters stand up for what they believe in?:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ar-RaYYan
10-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Asalamu Alaykum

thank you, Fi_sabilillahi - my intention was to watch that program ("women only Jihad") but since I have checked out the websites you suggested , I'm going to avoid watching it. Thank you again (for the websites- they were really useful)

Salaam

youngsister
10-28-2006, 11:17 PM
:sl: :? What websites? I am completly lost:w:

- Qatada -
10-29-2006, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
:sl: Huh? Angry? There are many mosque were women arent let in, so whats so bad about watching some brave sisters stand up for what they believe in?:w:

:wasalamex

No, i meant that they only show programs like this to cause more hatred against the muslims and to make the muslims get sad/angry. So i prefer not to watch them.

I think the sister meant the links in my sig, Allaahu a'lam.

Sorry if i offended you.

:salamext:

strider
10-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Cause more hatred, brother?

This is an important issue, and if sisters are just going to be fobbed off when they alone approach the heads of the mosques then something else has to be done. If men are made out to look back then it is down to their own doing. Woman's purpose in life isn't to be a baby making machine and being tied to the kitchen sink.

Muezzin
10-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Just to comment on the debate the programme will probably be dealing with, I believe that Muslim women should be allowed to pray in the mosque if they so choose. The question of space etc is not really valid in my view - my university Islamic society and my local masjid are both pretty small (the former is two rooms and the latter a small, two-storey house). Thing is, they both found a way to incorporate sisters facilities - in the Islamic society, there is simply a male room and a female room, and in the mosque the men pray upstairs and in the attic, while the women pray downstairs and in a back hall. Simple. Where there's a will there's a way.

Ar-RaYYan
10-29-2006, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=youngsister- What websites? I am completly lost:

Asalamu Alaykum

sorry, What I meant was the links brother Fi_ sabilillahi posted on his thread.

Salaam.

youngsister
10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
:sl: Fi Sabillah Oh ok thanks for explaining that.:) :w:

Ghazi
10-29-2006, 03:50 PM

I'm also intrigued about these programmes I mean it's an issue which needs to be discussed but just like every other programme done by kufar on islam they put their spin on it, remember that "What muslims Want" Programme they kept making out the people who were pro-jihad were lunatics and just had a bais opionion from the get go so I wouldn't be suprised if they did something similar, this issue should be delt with inhouse it's a shame it's come to this kufar airing our dirty laundary in public while we don't even attempt to ressolve it.

Lonely_Boy
10-29-2006, 04:33 PM

Well i think there is a hadith regarding women prayers in masjid....I think it's something like that Home is the best place for women to offer her prayers...even though women are allowed to offer prayer in masjid

bint_muhammed
10-29-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

I'm also intrigued about these programmes I mean it's an issue which needs to be discussed but just like every other programme done by kufar on islam they put their spin on it, remember that "What muslims Want" Programme they kept making out the people who were pro-jihad were lunatics and just had a bais opionion from the get go so I wouldn't be suprised if they did something similar, this issue should be delt with inhouse it's a shame it's come to this kufar airing our dirty laundary in public while we don't even attempt to ressolve it.
i know right! i was telling me sis da other day that they shouldnt have let it come on media like that! it should have been dealt with sensibly in private!:rant: oh well i agre that sis should be allowed in our local mosque we aint allowed i ask my bro to do somet he's apparently working on it!:rollseyes

Sunflower
10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
I actually watched the programme tonight and im guessing from the points that perhaps not alot of people did. personally i think that muslim women should be allowed to pray in any mosquse but the approach and manner that those sisters took in that documentary wasnt the necessary best way:heated:

Kamilah
10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
it was a joke! an utter embarrassment to the ummah

chacha_jalebi
10-30-2006, 10:30 PM
salaam

i didnt watch the prograame erm due to other programme scheduling :p

but i tink from the advert it had been over exagerated :D, im being honest i live in london yeh, and ive never come across a mosque where no woman are allowed .....

:D:D:D

Kamilah
10-30-2006, 10:32 PM
its all political bro!! go to the sisters attacked thread its all there.

Sunflower
10-30-2006, 10:34 PM
^^^^ what thread do you mean sis??

and its true i also live in london and if ive walked past a mosque and needed to pray ive never been turned away and some of the points made were exagerrated a bit too much to

chacha_jalebi
10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
like that mosque they showed masjid e umar, thats in walthamstow :p heavy mosque :D:D:D and they allow women and men in, so i dunno what the program was on, did they highlight specific mosques? and people that dont let women in mosques should be shot :p :D

lol ironically in my mosque, they let the sisters in 1st, and if the sisters turn up in their numbers, then they block upstairs like let the sisters have the upstairs :p so if there aint any space for the brothers downstairs :p dey dont let us in :p so i know a mosque where they dont let men :embarrass

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Complete embarassment for us Muslims, honestly. But what does that matter, we are somehow always in such a situation =\

Ghazi
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM

Channel 4 are more then happy to show problems in our ummah, first they do that gay muslims thing now this, I wonder whats next, the wudo area has no sandals!

ubaid
10-31-2006, 12:12 AM
instead of blaming channel 4, dont you think we should be voicing our opinions with these guys? http://www.mpacuk.org/

100% trouble makers

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-31-2006, 01:12 AM
We can't stop everyone, but we sure can fix ourselves before trying to fix someone else. Start inside then out. But I agree, we should try to voice our opinions.

glo
10-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Can the programme be viewed on the Internet?

Isma'el
10-31-2006, 09:15 AM
i cant bliv these sisters went round like that..? Allah hu akbar...
praying on the street wat was all that about...?
going round acting all pious with a head scarf n combat trouser's.....lol

I just wanna ask 1 question 2 these sister..." Who do they get their Guidence from?"

i dont think a single scholar (male/female)in uk would allow a group of women to go round as they did n in the manner they did...

S_87
10-31-2006, 11:51 AM

i didnt watch, does anyone know where it can be watched online :?

but to get ones rights we have to stand up... :?

ubaid..how are they 'trouble makers'?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-31-2006, 01:14 PM
I didn't get to watch the documentary but from what I saw I was given the impression that women are not allowed into masjids or given rights that they should be. The Masjid that I pray at is only attended by men and even though there is space upstairs, women dont attend. I'm not really sure why women dont attend but my guess would be it is not because they not allowed but because they might think they aren't. If women want to pray at masjids the they should be given the right but it all should be done through a sensible process.

Channel 4 seems to be showing 2 or 3 shows per week about Islam and they will be showing another one next week, they made the advert of it quite intresting with first title 'Hatred' and then an image of men with guns and masks talking about jihaad.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-31-2006, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Can the programme be viewed on the Internet?
yeah it should be available soon, someone will host it I guess....I'll post it if I come across it.

Isma'el
10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
they have done more damage to the ummah than the one's who club n drink.......

i agree they should be allowed,,,but islam teaches us how to go about doing things...

Allah hu akbar.....i wonder if these sister went given out leaflet outside jack straws hoouse....i bet NO

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-31-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isma'el
they have done more damage to the ummah than the one's who club n drink.......

i agree they should be allowed,,,but islam teaches us how to go about doing things...

Allah hu akbar.....i wonder if these sister went given out leaflet outside jack straws hoouse....i bet NO
Have they, how?

Rabi'ya
10-31-2006, 01:31 PM

watched it....just another attempt to show Islam in a bad light.

I severely dislike MPAC(fools) - theyve got some good ideas but they go about htem completely the wrong way. they expect everything done now! they need sabr, and they need to learn to shout less and listen more.

astaghfirullah, sisters approaching brothers outside a masjid, and did uyou see them all sat in the cafe together - my, my, they were really observing ther ules of hijab and modesty there.

i dont see wht the big deal is...there are many mosques which let women into them. why not go there? and improve their faciliteis instead of people bashing at other mosques?

Rabi'ya:rose:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-31-2006, 01:41 PM
I was thinking that is that what they want to happen inside the masjids aswell.

Rabi'ya
10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
quite possible...but whatever their intention, theres a much better, and more islamic way of going about things.

Isma'el
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
quite possible...but whatever their intention, theres a much better, and more islamic way of going about things.

Well said i totaly agree

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Insha'Allah I will post a link once i can get hold of the documentary...

word of warning ppl you will be annoyed

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:02 PM
i agree with you sis mashaAllah they were very brave sisters..sometimes you got to take the bull by its horns...May Allah make all our masajid like the first masjid ever built where there were no seperate rooms, doors for women or even partitions..Ameen

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
i agree with you sis mashaAllah they were very brave sisters..sometimes you got to take the bull by its horns...May Allah make all our masajid like the first masjid ever built where there were no seperate rooms, doors for women or even partitions..Ameen
what planet are u on? are u even muslim???????

Umm Yoosuf
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM

Brave they may be but there are certain etiquettes and manners one most obersve. How can you stand outside the masjid on a friday infront of couple of hundreds of brothers and demand sisters be let in. You know subhan Allah...you have to look at the bigger picture.. ok these brothers were in the wrong...the issue i believe was a culture problem... they could have approached someone from the community, they could have got calm not angrey brothers to speak to them. And to record all this? Allahu Akbar! How low! Some of them where not even from the local community....

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM

yaaaa Allah!! why all the negative posts?? mpac are great they do a lot of good things and come up with brillant ideas like like like likkkkkke ....being hospitable and inviting nonmuslims to our mosques and given them some meal and answering heir questions about Islam>???..something all these imams most of whom dont speak proper unaccented english or any english at all and who are more likely paid for leading muslims in prayer ..havent thought of!

mpac did do and will continue to do more for muslims and the advancement of Islam than you people will ever do...so do yourselves some favour and start doing something similar or better.

Maimunah
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
i thought homes was the best place for woman to pray?
why go to mosque when u get alot of ajar from prayin at home?

wasalaam

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
the intermingling of both genders is HARAAM

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
what is wrong with recording it?? we're not a perfect community..we have our flaws and its not like we're hanging our laundry for all to see..everyone knows these issues even nonmuslims..and its good that this programme shows them that we muslims and e specially muslim women and young men are DOING something about it...

Umm Yoosuf
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM

yaaaa Allah!! why all the negative posts?? mpac are great they do a lot of good things and come up with brillant ideas like like like likkkkkke ....being hospitable and inviting nonmuslims to our mosques and given them some meal and answering heir questions about Islam>???..something all these imams most of whom dont speak proper unaccented english or any english at all and who are more likely paid for leading muslims in prayer ..havent thought of!

mpac did do and will continue to do more for muslims and the advancement of Islam than you people will ever do...so do yourselves some favour and start doing something similar or better.

Subhan Allah sister...

Most of them are couple of uneducated youths (islamically) trying do things for our community! These imams may not speak with "proper unaccented english or any english at all" but at least they have knowledge of the deen and what could be better then that!

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 04:16 PM
our Scholars are there to guide us according to the correct teachings of Al-Islam.

these sisters have no hayaa no adhaab.

and it was all to do with politics!!!!

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kamilah
the intermingling of both genders is HARAAM
who talks about intermingling..? sister before you say that..go back to the seerah books and learn exactly how the masjids in Madinah and Makkah were..there were no seperate doors or wooden partitions or even seperate rooms for women..they ALL prayed in the SAME SPACE..this is OUR RIGHT..i wish i was with those sisters i would have gone about it in the exact manner.:)

Umm Yoosuf
10-31-2006, 04:18 PM
what is wrong with recording it?? we're not a perfect community..we have our flaws and its not like we're hanging our laundry for all to see..everyone knows these issues even nonmuslims..and its good that this programme shows them that we muslims and e specially muslim women and young men are DOING something about it...
If you and your family were having problems would you sort it out in the best manner of record it and put in national Tv? Of course you wouldn't what takes place in your house hold is your business and not others concern. These are our brothers...why expose their problems? I know one of the sisters from the show and she regreted doing it!

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:18 PM
what planet are u on? are u even muslim???????
control yourself sister..I am a muslim did you see me deny the existence of God or take up partners with God?

Maimunah
10-31-2006, 04:20 PM
this thread should be closed down:)

wasalaam

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
who talks about intermingling..? sister before you say that..go back to the seerah books and learn exactly how the masjids in Madinah and Makkah were..there were no seperate doors or wooden partitions or even seperate rooms for women..they ALL prayed in the SAME SPACE..this is OUR RIGHT..i wish i was with those sisters i would have gone about it in the exact manner.:)
May Allah give you hidaayah sister.

The ummahatul mumineen would not have acted in such a despicable manner.
so what gives them the right exploit our rights and represent us?

all in the name of dirty politics?

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
If you and your family were having problems would you sort it out in the best manner of record it and put in national Tv? Of course you wouldn't what takes place in your house hold is your business and not others concern. These are our brothers...why expose their problems? I know one of the sisters from the show and she regreted doing it!
My dear sister..if people didnt know about these problems..then why would i take a loudspeaaker and tell people im doing something about such and such family problem??? the thing is sister..the nonmuslims KNOW our problems..we have to show them that we are doing something about it..you saw in the video courageous muslims doing something about domestic violence..about not having the same access to mosques as men etc etc..we have many problems..sweeping it under the carpet isnt going to solve a thing!!

Umm Yoosuf
10-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Ukhti why do we need to show the non-muslims that we are doing something about our problems? The issue at hand concerns us not them you understand?.... nothing more I can say....

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE]
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunflower
^^^^ what thread do you mean sis??
this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...-masjid-9.html

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 04:25 PM
our Scholars are there to guide us according to the correct teachings of Al-Islam.

these sisters have no hayaa no adhaab.

and it was all to do with politics!!!!
please tell me which scholars of yours are highlighting these issues?? and i suppose the scholars you talk about are men..sister..its only women who will be able to help with your particular problem..you wouldnt feel comfortable talking to men about pretty personal stuff..

Kamilah
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
arent u the same sister who made a rather crude comment regarding the niqaab? sister did you listen to the Bayaan i gave u a link for about Al-hayaa?

scentsofjannah
10-31-2006, 05:03 PM
sister Kamilah..what bayaan? do you wear a niqaab yourself? if so i apologise for any offense..i just merely stated my views about a piece of clothing that i know for a fact ..isnt recommended in the Qur'an or elsewhere.

ameen
10-31-2006, 05:39 PM
salam,

this was the TV-advert / trailer for the programme 'Women Only Jihad' :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=97LUJkOcz...elated&search=

have not found the actual programme online though.

wsalam

InToTheRain
10-31-2006, 05:45 PM

I would like to point out I think Masjids should provide space for Muslim woman to use. I think in this day and age our sisters should hold circles etc as it Insha'Allah will help strengthen their Iman, Taqwa, Knowledge etc. They are the centre of the family and through them many other families will unite Insh'Allah.

The Masjids in my area allow woman to enter, Even on FRIDAY! :uuh: I mean there is no space in the Mosque for all the brothers to pray, and they let the sisters in :uuh:which I am against BUT the food they bring is :playing: and the Iftar food was :playing::playing::playing:

Sisters do not have to pray in the mosque, I think its better for them to pray at home but at the same they should have their space in the Mosque to do other Islamic activities Insha'Allah

This documentary has done nothing but added a bullet to the guns of the enemies of Islam, the title "Woman only Jihad" (:uuh:) just says it all for me . You don't go to non-muslims with problems of the ummah and expect them to fix it, after we consider ourselves to be of the rightly guided don't we? Honestly in what way does showing disunity amongst the Ummah and arguments amongst muslims help the non-muslims perspective of Islam? Without a shadow of a doubt more bad then good has been done by this documentary... how the enemies of Islam must be drowning in their own laughter right now...

ubaid
10-31-2006, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

ubaid..how are they 'trouble makers'?

salaam amani, mpac are trouble makers, their founder has history with that mosque in blackburn and only went back to "settle his score", he knew he would get this kind of reaction from them, i have also met these people and spoken to them, and by their language and actions you can see they are out to stir trouble, did you see in the docu when they were having the meeting with the coucil of mosques, the way he was stirring?

Al-Hanbali
10-31-2006, 07:14 PM

Yh when he goes, why shouldnt women be Presidents of the Masjid?

MPAC have good ideas but the way they are going around trying to achieve their objectives are, in my opinion, not the right way. :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-31-2006, 07:15 PM

i personally think women should pray at home unless they are out and need some where to pray then fair enough..pray in a mosque..i've prayed in East London mosque..even though am not from London and they have allowed women to pray..i dont know the sitution there but here in Manchester women are allowed in mosques...hhmmhhh..it must be different in other places then!

Like bro fisab said its better talking good about islam and ignore petty things like that it will only fustrates u especially sisters...it just gives a bad image to islam..thats my personal opinion!

Al-Hanbali
10-31-2006, 07:18 PM

I definately agree sisters should be allowed in the masjid :) but the programme just disgraced muslims.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
10-31-2006, 07:20 PM

i havent really watched the programme but now a days its not always accurate..:)

seeker_of_ilm
10-31-2006, 08:10 PM

Praise be to Allah.

There is no doubt that a woman’s prayer in her house is better for her than praying in the mosque, as is indicated by the Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him). He said: "Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque, even though their houses are better for them." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Baab maa jaa’a fee khurooj al-nisaa’ ilaa’l-masjid: Baab al-tashdeed fee dhaalik. See also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 7458).

Whenever a woman prays in a place that is more private and more hidden, that is better for her, as the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: "A woman’s prayer in her house is better than her prayer in her courtyard, and her prayer in her bedroom is better than her prayer in her house." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Baab maa jaa’a fee khurooj al-nisaa’ ilaa’l-masjid. See also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 3833).

Umm Humayd, the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa‘idi reported that she came to the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) and said: "O Messenger of Allaah, I love to pray with you." He said: "I know that you love to pray with me, but praying in your house is better for you than praying in your courtyard, and praying in your courtyard is better for you than praying in the mosque of your people, and praying in the mosque of your people is better for you than praying in my mosque." So she ordered that a prayer-place be built for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she always prayed there until she met Allaah (i.e., until she died). (Reported by Imaam Ahmad; the men of its isnaad are thiqaat (trustworthy)).

But the fact that praying at home is preferable does not mean that that women are not permitted to go to the mosque, as is clear from the following hadeeth:
From ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar, who said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace be upon him) say: ‘Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque if they ask your permission.’" Bilaal ibn ‘Abdullah said, "By Allaah, we will prevent them." (Ibn ‘Umar) turned to him and told him off in an unprecedented fashion, saying: "I tell you what the Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said, and you say ‘By Allaah, we will prevent them’!!" (reported by Muslim, 667).

But there are conditions attached to the permission for women to go to the mosque, as follows:
(1) She should wear complete hijaab.
(2) She should not go out wearing perfume.
(3) She should have the permission of her husband.

Her going out should not involve any other kind of prohibited acts, such as being alone in a car with a non-mahram driver. If a woman does something wrong like that, her husband or guardian has the right to stop her; in fact it is his duty to do so. And Allaah knows best.

And

Question:
What is the Islamic View in having a divider in the Masjid between the men and the women sections?

Answer:

Al-hamdu lillaah.

There is no problem with having a divider as long as the women are standing behind the men and as long as the women can follow the imam easily.

Kittygyal
10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Assamualikum warahmathullahi warbarakathuhu

right right i have got some good news now the Ukthi called "Halimah Hussain" is my friend whom helped me alot to revert mashallah!
she lives in London with a brother called Jamal, && subhanallah she went to Saudi to do Aalimah course && subhanallah her arabic is beautiful, her mam was a Hindu && reverted to a muslim mashallah!

she even called me && told me to watch the programme at 8:oclock && i watched it but the funniest thing was that the recorder didn't know how to record :lol: i told Halimah that && she was like i didn't even know what was going on but subhanallah, her advise is mashallah just lost for words now but May Allah subhanawatallah reward her for teaching me whats right && showing me the path! (A3min)

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Kittygyal
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM

assalmaualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu
i agree with you because some of them men in that programme were being so selfish i mean telling them to go home && then slamming the door on there face if i was there i'll break there legs :hiding: NOT but i felt sowiee at that moement of time && angry because why did the men be so deformed && arrogant to there sisters in Islam! why?! some of them men need to act there age && pull there act together!

it's NOT there mosque && also prophet Muhmammed (P.B.U.H.) prayed with his wife, Daughter && also in a mixed mosque i don't understand why the allow that in (Saudi) && not in UK!! :offended:

also am sure there is one in Uk i think it's masjid Hanfia or Abu-Bakr am not 100% sure but i know there is one in UK that men && women pray!, if men are allowed to pray with a Iman why can't women whats bad about that!

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Ghazi
10-31-2006, 08:39 PM

it's NOT there mosque && also prophet Muhmammed (P.B.U.H.) prayed with his wife, Daughter && also in a mixed mosque i don't understand why the allow that in (Saudi) && not in UK!!

also am sure there is one in Uk i think it's masjid Hanfia or Abu-Bakr am not 100% sure but i know there is one in UK that men && women pray!, if men are allowed to pray with a Iman why can't women whats bad about that!
Men and Women don't prey together in the Haramain they pray in the same masjid but diffrent areas are located for the two genders.

Al-Hanbali
10-31-2006, 08:39 PM

There are many mosques in the UK which allow the sisters to attend the prayer :) but they ahve different sections usually :)

Kittygyal
10-31-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazi

Men and Women don't prey together in the Haramain they pray in the same masjid but diffrent areas are located for the two genders.
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warabarakathuhu

well Akhi in Saudi they men pray at front && women pray at back don't they or do they pary in didfferent sections?!

anyway it still doesn't matter if they read back or farward the thing that matters is why did the men "old" && "young" men argue with the sisters i mean first the said "go home" then they slam the door on there face so the sisters had to pray on the pavement!! && then when they complained sveral times they give them an unclean room Ya Allah!! wich smell like poo! well thats what my friend told me when i called her yesaday "Halimah" she told me it stunck like mad! how can they do that! then they said to the sisters you should cover your faces" whats there problems if they should or not! i mean first of all they should be more considerate && be more respectful && talk in a calm manner not yelling outside on raod && then slamming the door what ingnorant men! :offended:

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Rou
10-31-2006, 08:47 PM

Indeed and i agree what a shame that beleivers are kept outside the mosque wether men or women indeed ignorance..

but the program does not help islam it in the eyes of the west just proves to them what the beleive that muslims are barbaric and that is not true the mosque leaders in blackburn vote fools like jack straw and keep him there what will they care for our sisters...

there media footage shames islam not just them muslims for months have been angry about there acts against sisters in islam but the program helps not islam it shows us in a bad light by concentrating on these ignorants fools...

Rou
10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Where does it state that women shoul not pray with men in the prophets time we all prayed together!??

otherwise what right does a mere man have to keep any beleiver out of the house of allah...?

Kittygyal
10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rou
Indeed and i agree what a shame that beleivers are kept outside the mosque wether men or women indeed ignorance..

but the program does not help islam it in the eyes of the west just proves to them what the beleive that muslims are barbaric and that is not true the mosque leaders in blackburn vote fools like jack straw and keep him there what will they care for our sisters...

there media footage shames islam not just them muslims for months have been angry about there acts against sisters in islam but the program helps not islam it shows us in a bad light by concentrating on these ignorants fools...

well in away Akhi when i called my friend "Halimah" yestoday she was taking part in the argument she told me that the whole point of that video was to show people what happens when men disagree with things she goes with all that Nikab thing that occured now look over reading salah in a mosque what a big inncident happened she even told me at the end of the day the film was messed up there a reson behind it aswel which we wanted our brothers, sisters, elderly to understand how little things cause such a big issue!

Rou
10-31-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal

well in away Akhi when i called my friend "Halimah" yestoday she was taking part in the argument she told me that the whole point of that video was to show people what happens when men disagree with things she goes with all that Nikab thing that occured now look over reading salah in a mosque what a big inncident happened she even told me at the end of the day the film was messed up there a reson behind it aswel which we wanted our brothers, sisters, elderly to understand how little things cause such a big issue!

Sorry i dont understand do you mean that the film was made to show how the media blows up arguments between men and women when its to do with muslims?

Kittygyal
10-31-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rou
Sorry i dont understand do you mean that the film was made to show how the media blows up arguments between men and women when its to do with muslims?

La'ah am trying to say that little things just make such a big deal i mean should we as muslims give room for others && not be selfish when it some to salah?! because the first thing that we will be questioned on is salah! so why can't women exactly pray in a mosque i mean okay there going to be Mollies whom don't want to see women but what are they going to do in Janah?! i know there not goign to look at them because there will be beautiful things there but at the end of the day that programme was all to get the message across people that this is how people treat there muslim sisters && even if they didn't want the sisters to pray in the mosque the best thing would be sit down && talk in a well-mannered way not yell across the road && then slam the door YA ALLAH!

Rou
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM

La'ah am trying to say that little things just make such a big deal i mean should we as muslims give room for others && not be selfish when it some to salah?! because the first thing that we will be questioned on is salah! so why can't women exactly pray in a mosque i mean okay there going to be Mollies whom don't want to see women but what are they going to do in Janah?! i know there not goign to look at them because there will be beautiful things there but at the end of the day that programme was all to get the message across people that this is how people treat there muslim sisters && even if they didn't want the sisters to pray in the mosque the best thing would be sit down && talk in a well-mannered way not yell across the road && then slam the door YA ALLAH!

No indeed i agree there actions were pathetic and unislamic as stated any beleiver has a right in a mosque no matter a woman or man but im reffering to the program and its timing at the moment with all this niqab issue an terrorist issues we dont need any more bad light and this issue is understood by many that its not all muslim men but majority watching need but an excuse to feel more hate and this was just ahelpful hand at that ...

showing almost as if all muslim men are like this!?? when it is not the case...

and that bad light does not help islam nor sisters nor brothers...

those brothers who act in such sick ways should wake up and realise what the quran has said that mens strength is not there to oppress women it is there to protect them we are equal in the eyes of allah...

bint_muhammed
10-31-2006, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah

I would like to point out I think Masjids should provide space for Muslim woman to use. I think in this day and age our sisters should hold circles etc as it Insha'Allah will help strengthen their Iman, Taqwa, Knowledge etc. They are the centre of the family and through them many other families will unite Insh'Allah.

The Masjids in my area allow woman to enter, Even on FRIDAY! :uuh: I mean there is no space in the Mosque for all the brothers to pray, and they let the sisters in :uuh:which I am against BUT the food they bring is :playing: and the Iftar food was :playing::playing::playing:

Sisters do not have to pray in the mosque, I think its better for them to pray at home but at the same they should have their space in the Mosque to do other Islamic activities Insha'Allah

This documentary has done nothing but added a bullet to the guns of the enemies of Islam, the title "Woman only Jihad" (:uuh:) just says it all for me . You don't go to non-muslims with problems of the ummah and expect them to fix it, after we consider ourselves to be of the rightly guided don't we? Honestly in what way does showing disunity amongst the Ummah and arguments amongst muslims help the non-muslims perspective of Islam? Without a shadow of a doubt more bad then good has been done by this documentary... how the enemies of Islam must be drowning in their own laughter right now...
couldnt agree with you more! i dont understand why they didint just send a letter to the head of mosque stating their opinions and then if they refuse then take action, hoever gatecrashing a mosque on friday i think was out of order and then praying on the street? what was that about!!!!!!!!!!:grumbling i agree women should be allowed in mosques, as it will strengthen the community, but better ways of approaching the matter would have been better. also threre are mosques which women are allowed why not attend there?

ubaid
10-31-2006, 11:22 PM
salam kittygyal, i am going to be blunt with what i saw in the documentary, the women were not acting as women should, i mean how would you feel if a whole load of brothers stood outside a womens side of the mosque(yes! thats right, "SHOCK "HORRO", there are mosques which let women in, its just for some reason MPAC didnt choose to show these as it didnt help their political cause!!)..

so back to my point
How would you like it if a group of brothers gathered outside a womens congregation and started hassling them, and making them feel uncomfortable, and worse still bringing a national camera crew with them!! how would you feel, would you welcome them with open arms!!! if i was to meet you in the street and i started shouting at you, would you reply nicely and calmly or would you react in a way that i first approached you?

Also another thing, when that guy from MCB gave them advice on how to sort the problem they had out e.g. speaking to the comittee members wives, they said "Oh why should we speak to them!! we should be able to speak to the comittee directly" do these sisters not understand the concept of modesty, i for one would feel uncomfortable if a whole load of complete strangers came from the other side of britain and started demanding things(and worst still muslim sisters!!) The guy from MCB clearly tried to help them out but NO, it just wasnt enough, because that is the problem with MPAC(they want too much, too soon). Let me ask you a question, ok, so they wanted access to the mosque at Jumma prayers and the comittee members did not allow it, would it not be suitable for them to ask a person that would have influence over the comittee members?? yes you say, they asked MCB, but MCB do not have any kind of jurisdiction over every mosque in this country, so would it not have been better to approach their wives?? or would that not make good TV??

i for one dont see a problem, women are allowed in the mosque, where there are SUITABLE environment for sisters, not just at the back, where every MALE mosque gooer can easily fall under the influence of the shaitaan and take a second look at the sisters, the women in a mosque should be COMPLETELY segregated from the males and if there is no complete segregation then im sorry, but women should not be allowed in that particular mosque for their OWN benefit(to protect their modesty)

I would like to congratulate those sisters as i hope they are enjoying their 15minutes of fame on a completely unfounded and baseless arguement that will further worsen the crisis the muslims are in at this moment, and also congratulations to MPAC, you are now on the map!!

Isma'el
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
well said "ubaid"

ameen
11-01-2006, 01:48 PM
salam,

the mosque is no man's territory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8shFIkx78&NR

vpb
11-01-2006, 01:56 PM
ladies and gentelmen 200 points go for anti-islam movementttttttt.
and this is because in this situtation muslim are doing some things which is shame (the complete meaning of the word), shame , because we are the ones who should be the best example for equality, and here we comes with some issues that are going to give points to those who fight against Islam and why shouldn't women be allowed to enter Mosque? we know that women are prefered to pray home, but how can they forbid women entering mosque? what is the base of this ? subhanallah, I dont know how we are surviving when we are sepereated and having this issues which are not supposed to exist, verily Allah helps Islam, cuz without Allah subhanau we teala the term Islam/Muslim would not exist anymore for what things we are doing.

ameen
11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
salam,

format_quote Originally Posted by ubaid
..the women in a mosque should be COMPLETELY segregated from the males and if there is no complete segregation then im sorry, but women should not be allowed in that particular mosque for their OWN benefit(to protect their modesty)
No it is not for their 'own benefit'. It is only because of your own benefit, and your inability to control your gaze and lusts.

You yourself have actually admitted that you easily fall under the influence of shaitan - so clearly all you are thinking about is your own benefit:

not just at the back, where every MALE mosque gooer can easily fall under the influence of the shaitaan and take a second look at the sisters
wsalam

strider
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I support the movement in taking culture out of religion that says the womans place is only in the home tied to the kitchen sink. SubhanAllah, organisations like MPAC are taking an active role in bringing about change (Imams should be people who the youth can also relate to not someone shipped over from Asian Sub-Continent and the voice of the Muslim woman should be acknowledged more than it is in some societies) BUT astagfirrulah, shouting on the streets with no Adaab at all? In short, i thought that was really distasteful.

Yes, this debate does need to take place but with respect. There is little need for people to start acting like toddlers deprived of sweets.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
im not even going to bother readin all the posts cuz dey like essayz!!!

anyhoo, what i fink

da sisters wer goin over da top.. this programme was useless, didnt hav any benefit 4rm it, der woz NO point at all showin it on tv, if u hav dese issues discuss it in private.. da sisters shudnt hav been goin 2 mosque like dat knockin on da door arguin wid men! also screamin at them :-\ its the mosques choice to alow da women or not, yeh its a nice experience 2 hav 2 pray at da mosque, but evn in ma town, women arent allowed 2 go 2 mosque, because of lack of space and also because its a greater reward 4 women 2 pray at home.. i agree wid dem 2 some extent but dey shudnt have done that, especially givin a bad image of muslim men..

womans place is only in the home tied to the kitchen sink
hellll nooo, no way mannnn! nw datz wot il argue 4, datz wotz worth arguin 4!

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ubaid
salam kittygyal, i am going to be blunt with what i saw in the documentary, the women were not acting as women should, i mean how would you feel if a whole load of brothers stood outside a womens side of the mosque(yes! thats right, "SHOCK "HORRO", there are mosques which let women in, its just for some reason MPAC didnt choose to show these as it didnt help their political cause!!)..

so back to my point
How would you like it if a group of brothers gathered outside a womens congregation and started hassling them, and making them feel uncomfortable, and worse still bringing a national camera crew with them!! how would you feel, would you welcome them with open arms!!! if i was to meet you in the street and i started shouting at you, would you reply nicely and calmly or would you react in a way that i first approached you?

Also another thing, when that guy from MCB gave them advice on how to sort the problem they had out e.g. speaking to the comittee members wives, they said "Oh why should we speak to them!! we should be able to speak to the comittee directly" do these sisters not understand the concept of modesty, i for one would feel uncomfortable if a whole load of complete strangers came from the other side of britain and started demanding things(and worst still muslim sisters!!) The guy from MCB clearly tried to help them out but NO, it just wasnt enough, because that is the problem with MPAC(they want too much, too soon). Let me ask you a question, ok, so they wanted access to the mosque at Jumma prayers and the comittee members did not allow it, would it not be suitable for them to ask a person that would have influence over the comittee members?? yes you say, they asked MCB, but MCB do not have any kind of jurisdiction over every mosque in this country, so would it not have been better to approach their wives?? or would that not make good TV??

i for one dont see a problem, women are allowed in the mosque, where there are SUITABLE environment for sisters, not just at the back, where every MALE mosque gooer can easily fall under the influence of the shaitaan and take a second look at the sisters, the women in a mosque should be COMPLETELY segregated from the males and if there is no complete segregation then im sorry, but women should not be allowed in that particular mosque for their OWN benefit(to protect their modesty)

I would like to congratulate those sisters as i hope they are enjoying their 15minutes of fame on a completely unfounded and baseless arguement that will further worsen the crisis the muslims are in at this moment, and also congratulations to MPAC, you are now on the map!!

salam.
don't start on me Akhi! :cry: but i wana say no one can chuck women out of a mosque at all!!! :offended: && also first you could have seen what the men actullay said to the sisters !!
i disagree with you whatever you said!
w.salam

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
im not even going to bother readin all the posts cuz dey like essayz!!!

anyhoo, what i fink

da sisters wer goin over da top.. this programme was useless, didnt hav any benefit 4rm it, der woz NO point at all showin it on tv, if u hav dese issues discuss it in private.. da sisters shudnt hav been goin 2 mosque like dat knockin on da door arguin wid men! also screamin at them :-\ its the mosques choice to alow da women or not, yeh its a nice experience 2 hav 2 pray at da mosque, but evn in ma town, women arent allowed 2 go 2 mosque, because of lack of space and also because its a greater reward 4 women 2 pray at home.. i agree wid dem 2 some extent but dey shudnt have done that, especially givin a bad image of muslim men..

hellll nooo, no way mannnn! nw datz wot il argue 4, datz wotz worth arguin 4!
salam.
if you watched it carefully you would have got the moral behind the video
there was a point Ukthi because these brothers treated the sisters like poo! why?! because they didn't want them to pray in a mosque so they slam the door! && then provided them a very dirty room! YA ALLAH! this is Jihad after all thats the point of the video!
w,salam

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameen
salam,

No it is not for their 'own benefit'. It is only because of your own benefit, and your inability to control your gaze and lusts.

You yourself have actually admitted that you easily fall under the influence of shaitan - so clearly all you are thinking about is your own benefit:

wsalam
salam.,
subhanallah! someone understands ! well doen Akhi :)
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:04 PM
no1 can chuck a sister out da mosque! but datz a diferent issue isnt it? like i sed its a gr8 experience 4 sisters, but if the mosque in the area dont allow it what can u do?

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:06 PM
no1 can chuck a sister out da mosque! but datz a diferent issue isnt it? like i sed its a gr8 experience 4 sisters, but if the mosque in the area dont allow it what can u do?
salam.
well Ukthi thats what the mens did they chucked them out slamm the door told them to go home, && then give them a very dirty room to pray! && argued like mad just because of praying whats next! YA ALLAH! imsad :cry: :offended:

the sisters did this for a point && there mosque didn't allow women to go inside thats why they went to talk to the Imam but unfortunately the Imam told them to go home && slamm the door! :offended:
w.salam

InToTheRain
11-01-2006, 08:10 PM

Did any of you guys see the documentary :? I got a lot of negative feedback regarding it by those that saw it down my endz...

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
he shudnt hav done dat but den again dey shudnt hav been shoutin, it woz quite disgraceful :-\ muslim women shoutin in da streets! couldnt dey ask a brother to ask, or talk to the imam peacefully rather than scream at him? the imam made it clear why he didnt want sisters in the mosques.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:13 PM

Did any of you guys see the documentary :? I got a lot of negative feedback regarding it by those that saw it down my endz...
yeah mst of us saw it..negative feedback such as..?

ameen
11-01-2006, 08:15 PM
such as most of this thread..?

wsalam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
nah i was thinkin what woz da people sayn dwn hiz endz init? :?

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
he shudnt hav done dat but den again dey shudnt hav been shoutin, it woz quite disgraceful :-\ muslim women shoutin in da streets! couldnt dey ask a brother to ask, or talk to the imam peacefully rather than scream at him? the imam made it clear why he didnt want sisters in the mosques.
salam.
Ukthi they did ask for an Imam && they said "they want to pray here" && the Imam said go home i mean why did he say that! he was the ine whom was disrespectful to the sisters because the mens were shouting && then the gyals raised there voice the sisters didn't start it all they asked was to pray in the mosque && then the men slammed the door && so go home! i mean look how they treat there muslim sisters!
&& by the way the Imam did NOT make it clear at all! all he was doing was telling them to go home so then they HAD to pray on the pavement! why?! because of them silly men!
w,salam

InToTheRain
11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
yeah mst of us saw it..negative feedback such as..?
I ain't saw it...but heard sisters where grouped outside mosque exit waiting for man to come out of the mosque, and then started shouting at them...adhab was non-existent from what I heard, may Allah(SWT) guide those sisters.

I also heard there was a sister who wore the Hijab inside the mosque and took it off when she came outside :uuh:

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I ain't saw it...but heard sisters where grouped outside mosque exit waiting for man to come out of the mosque, and then started shouting at them...adhab was non-existent from what I heard, may Allah(SWT) guide those sisters.

I also heard there was a sister who wore the Hijab inside the mosque and took it off when she came outside :uuh:

salam.
she was the presenter whom was an Indian lady Akhi! NOPE where the hell did you hear that from Akhi:? nope that is all wrong they were NOT waiting for the men YA ALLAH! your trying to say MY friend was waiting for the men to come outside && then shout at them NOPE! :heated: they went into the mosque well not right insied but they asked for the Imam && asked the Imam if they could pray here but he slammed the door && said go home what a disrespectful man he can get! YA ALLAH! :offended:
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
yeh dat woz da presenter.. shes weird anyway..
aite fair ennough, some people who are older have that backward way of thinkin.. like some 4rm my family :-\ but i dont see the harm in praying at home! isnt it better? ur getin more rewards, and u dnt even have 2 move! if da imam said no, den dats up2 him and the brothers who are in da leadership.. no women should be stopped 2 go 2 da mosque, but if they r stopped, what cn u do?

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
yeh dat woz da presenter.. shes weird anyway..
aite fair ennough, some people who are older have that backward way of thinkin.. like some 4rm my family :-\ but i dont see the harm in praying at home! isnt it better? ur getin more rewards, and u dnt even have 2 move! if da imam said no, den dats up2 him and the brothers who are in da leadership.. no women should be stopped 2 go 2 da mosque, but if they r stopped, what cn u do?
salam.
the presenter was NOT weird she was an Hindu anyway we can't just call anyone weird out of blue there should be a reason why you call her "weird"!
Ukthi i just wana correct you waht do you mean "and u dnt even have 2 move!" in Salah you HAVE to move like actions :rollseyes && also about getting rewards at home more NO that is tottally wrong because you get more rewards in a mosque aswel NOT only for home! && what can you do well basically like what the sisters did they strived for Jihad so thats what we should do! they experienced it && now they understand how they been treated by muslim elderly brothers! :(
w.salam

InToTheRain
11-01-2006, 08:29 PM
salam.
she was the presenter whom was an Indian lady Akhi! NOPE where the hell did you hear that from Akhi:? nope that is all wrong they were NOT waiting for the men YA ALLAH! your trying to say MY friend was waiting for the men to come outside && then shout at them NOPE! :heated: they went into the mosque well not right insied but they asked for the Imam && asked the Imam if they could pray here but he slammed the door && said go home what a disrespectful man he can get! YA ALLAH! :offended:
w.salam
LOL, ye my source was unreliable i guess...got to see it my self. Just for the record I agree that Sisters should have a space for themselves in the mosque, read my 1st post on this thread Insha'Allah, and most people is not all the people in this forum would agree with this. The method used to get access to a mosque in this case was not right is the general feedback. Remember. I think about 60% of the mosque in London have woman mosque space. surely its not as bad as some make it out to be, init :?

Muhammad
11-01-2006, 08:31 PM

It was mentioned earlier that while it is better for women to pray at home, they are allowed to go to the Mosque provided certain conditions are met. I think what is more important in the case of this documentary, as many have already mentioned, is the manner in which the issue was handled. If it is better for women to pray at home, and the local Mosque does not have space for women to pray there, was there a need to make a public outcry that not only angered the local community but also damaged the reputation of Muslims at large? I think that the issue should have been sorted out in an Islamic manner between the parties concerned, as opposed to broadcasting it for millions of people to see as though Islam does not provide the answer already.

As for complaining that these sisters were "abused" or that the door was "slammed" in their face, it isn't really surprising considering what they were doing in the first place. Most of us are probably commenting on this from watching a TV programme, and we all know too well how accurately the media often portray Muslims, so before being overcome by our emotions, I think it is important to first ascertain the facts and look at what Islam actually says.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.