PDA

View Full Version : The Blind and The Media



IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 07:49 PM
:peace: and Respect


I just wanted to understand what on earth makes people trust the media. Thousands of people trust it, i mean seriously HOW BLIND DO YOU HAVE TO BE? To not be able to see the truth behind that oh so thin seethrough veil of lies. Is it that these people just wanna believe whatever the media feeds them? Even so many members of this forum subhanAllah, how blind people are its shocking !


How sealed are their hearts that they cant comprehend that the injustice towards the muslims are far greater then the injustice towards anyone else !!!!!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
10-28-2006, 07:54 PM
:sl:

just looking at it from your point of view isnt going to help bro...why do the others trust the media?...the answer is simple...its the only way theu recieve news on whats happening all around...now if they dont trust it, who are they going to trust about the news and all that??...if we were capable of travelling around the world to see and witness what's happening then only will we not need media...otherwise, its the only thing that keeps us informed...lets say a friend of yours informed you on whats going on at school, you wold trust them no matter whatever that person says...right :?...do you see my point :?...its all clear about the muslims but they just think the way the media wants them to think...why do you think we have lessons on how to persuade people in schuool :?

:w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 07:59 PM
^ wat? lol? Thats different coz i go to that school so i'd b like :eek: but then when i get there i'd confirm it or else i'd b like "meh" u get me?

Basically what im sayin is the way a lot of people talk its like there completely blind towards the statistics and the huge amounts of attacks on the muslims. I mean even by reading the media you can pick up on it but still somehow its like they dont see it? I mean "muslim cabby refuses guide dog" <--- FRONT PAGE MAN FRONT PAGE !

Muslim Olympics - Prison officers ski with quran on there foot <--- at the bak somewhere

Muslims do this and muslims do that, i dont get why no-one seems to understand that bush/blair/the whole of ar-rum seem to be gangin up on us :anger: . I gess its a phase right, like its gotta happen,


Mahdi im waitin 4 ya :coolious:
Reply

- Qatada -
10-28-2006, 08:11 PM
:salamext:


The thing iz bro, if anyone speaks out - they shut em up. That's the reason they want democracy to spread in the muslim nations, because a russian guy writ that the best way to destroy a people is to destroy their roots, so if they destroy our islaam - then we don't have anything to turn back to.

If someone shouts out to the president "you're not allowed to do this cuz its haraam!" in a muslim nation, the president might be reluctant cuz of the people there - they have a stronger strength, and because their united.



But if they make the muslims give up their islaam, if anyone shouts out "president, you're doing haraam!" - the people will ignore the guy because they don't have the value of islaam, and because their not unified.


This is what happened in the west, and this is why you see the government going against the public (even though its supposed to be democracy - the publics vote.) These people don't have any proper roots, so anyone who speaks out - everyone ignores them. And the propaganda increases this ignorance even more.


This is why we gota stick firmly to our islaam, and try to create as much unity among us muslims as possible. That's what they hate, but that's what Allaah Almighty loves, and Allaah Almighty know's best. :)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:
The thing iz bro, if anyone speaks out - they shut em up. That's the reason they want democracy to spread in the muslim nations, because a russian guy writ that the best way to destroy a people is to destroy their roots, so if they destroy our islaam - then we don't have anything to turn back to.
yea these days i started thinkin what if i really do get sussed out for all the jihaadi stuff n then they torture me.. subhanAllah am i strong enuff to stick to my roots?

If someone shouts out to the president "you're not allowed to do this cuz its haraam!" in a muslim nation, the president might be reluctant cuz of the people there - they have a stronger strength, and because their united.
even then coz of this day and age i think the president would just send a few tanks and helicopters.... dirty disgusting kuffar leaders :anger:

But if they make the muslims give up their islaam, if anyone shouts out "president, you're doing haraam!" - the people will ignore the guy because they don't have the value of islaam, and because their not unified.
naudhubillah lets think about this, if you was in this situation would you ignore the bro? mayb wen everyones gone you would go up2 him and say, i understand wat your sayin bro BUT you wouldnt WHILE HIS MAKIN THE PROTEST WHEN ITS MOST IMPORTANT !!!

And the propaganda increases this ignorance even more.
this is too true, these days i try ignore propaganda as much as i can, i go to islamic news nowadays !!




May Alllah strengthen this ummah Ameen !!
Reply

- Qatada -
10-28-2006, 08:31 PM
:salamext:


Ameen bro..



‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’





It was narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say: “Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-hammi wa’l-hazani wa’l’ajzi wa’l-kasali wa’l-jubni wa’l-bukhli wa dala’ il-dayn wa ghalbat al-rijaal (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from worry, grief, incapacity, laziness, cowardice, miserliness, from being heavily in debt and from being overcome by men).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6008.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 08:42 PM
jazakAllah khair bhai :)
Reply

snakelegs
10-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:peace: and Respect

I just wanted to understand what on earth makes people trust the media. Thousands of people trust it, i mean seriously HOW BLIND DO YOU HAVE TO BE? To not be able to see the truth behind that oh so thin seethrough veil of lies. Is it that these people just wanna believe whatever the media feeds them? Even so many members of this forum subhanAllah, how blind people are its shocking !

How sealed are their hearts that they cant comprehend that the injustice towards the muslims are far greater then the injustice towards anyone else !!!!!
i think it is because many people are passive and just sit in front of the tv. rather than take any inniative. at a subconscious level, yes, i think some people do want to believe what the mainstream media tell them.
there really is no excuse now days, for turning to tv for news. since all of us obviously have computer access, we can read papers from all over the world.
and there are a lot of alternative news sources that are not sponsored by corporations. but it's easier to just get things spoon fed to you by the folks at fox news, etc. also, a lot of people seem to be lacking an ability to think for themselves and question.
it is really depressing (and frightening) the way hatred can be stirred up so easily. if you want to get people to kill other people, first you scare them and make them believe that somehow the target people are not like themselves.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 08:58 PM
^ Agreed, no excuse at all, internet is soo cheap and tv requires TV LICENSING, but then again what do most people read even when they go online.. its still just propaganda around most sites...
Reply

snakelegs
10-28-2006, 09:08 PM
so true.
the only way to really try to learn what is really going on is to read news from a large variety of sources.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2006, 09:11 PM
^ and man is lazy :p

jazakAllah khair for the dua bro fi-sab, may we all put in the effort to understand the truth and follow it. Ameen !
Reply

Maimunah
10-28-2006, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Fi_Sabilillah;541924]:salamext:


Ameen bro..


[indent]
‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

http://www.makedua.com/i/034-117.gif


one of ma fav duas:) j/khayr bro
Reply

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 11:42 AM
InshAllah I'm hoping to get myself into the media as a career. They'll have a job shutting me up InshAllah! lol
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by DeepOcean
InshAllah I'm hoping to get myself into the media as a career. They'll have a job shutting me up InshAllah! lol
hmm, im just wonderin if they would let a muslimah like yourself up in there. I really doubt it, they wouldnt take the risk of you making islam look good, the kuffar wouldnt want that :)
Reply

strider
10-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
hmm, im just wonderin if they would let a muslimah like yourself up in there. I really doubt it, they wouldnt take the risk of you making islam look good, the kuffar wouldnt want that :)
And let me pose another question, inshaAllah- why is it that any time there is mention of non-Muslims, many Muslims automatically begin to think there is a conspiracy out to get them?

Sis, i wish you all the best in your career choice. We definately do need more outspoken Muslims on the media stage.
Reply

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
hmm, im just wonderin if they would let a muslimah like yourself up in there. I really doubt it, they wouldnt take the risk of you making islam look good, the kuffar wouldnt want that :)
lol I know, however sister Shelina Zahra Janmohamed is doing an excellent job lol she appeared on newsnight once and marshAllah she was excellent. There is a link to her blog on my page InshAllah.
Reply

Woodrow
10-29-2006, 12:23 PM
The media is just that, media. Nothing more and nothing less. You have biased media that will only publish stories favorable to the views of their audience. You have "Yelllow" journalism which is basicaly the tabloids. Sensational stories, but usually unverified.

Suppose 10 very important stories get found. Five of the stories are pro American, 5 are anti American. An anti-America news agency will publish just the 5 anti stories, the pro America will publish just the pro stories. Forget about trying to find an unbiased source that will publish all 10, it don't seem to exist.

To get the full truth we need to look at news from many sources.
Reply

- Qatada -
10-29-2006, 01:02 PM
O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done. (Qur'an Surah Hujuraat 49:6)



Investigating the Reliability of the News conveyed by Wicked People [Tafsir ibn Kathir]

Allah the Exalted ordered investigating the news that sinners and the wicked bring, to make sure of its authenticity. Otherwise, if the sinner's word is taken for granted and a decision is based on it, regardless of whether the information is true or not, the authorities will be taking the lead of the sinners. Allah the Exalted and Most Honored forbade taking the path of the corrupted and sinners. This is why groups of the scholars of Hadith refuse to accept narrations from narrators whose reliability is unknown, for they might be from among the wicked people, in reality.


http://www.theholybook.org/en/a.47927.html


:salamext:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by strider
And let me pose another question, inshaAllah- why is it that any time there is mention of non-Muslims, many Muslims automatically begin to think there is a conspiracy out to get them?

Sis, i wish you all the best in your career choice. We definately do need more outspoken Muslims on the media stage.
i wish her all the success aswell, im just not blind and have realised that ar-rum IS out to get the muslims therefore why would they allow a muslim to make islam look good on mainstream media? lol but inshaAllah the sis does well :)
Reply

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Just thought I'd say this thread is really good marshAllah. I see the potential for an enjoyable debate! :D
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-29-2006, 03:53 PM
^ btw sis exactly what was this muslim sister say, can do you kno the time she came on and perhaps the channel? How much time was she given?


JazakAllah khair :)
Reply

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Bro the whole video of her time etc is on her blog: www.spirit21.co.uk scroll down until you reach Sunday, October 8 ,Newsnight - the debate on Muslim women continues
InshAllah it's all there :)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2015, 01:16 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 12:28 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 05:30 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!