/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stand out firmly for justice

kormath
10-29-2006, 06:21 AM
:sl:

May I quote a Qura'anic Verse which commands the believers to stand out for justice firmly? Can you point out a verse in the Qura'an commands the injustice?

135 يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُونُواْ قَوَّامِينَ بِالْقِسْطِ شُهَدَاء لِلّهِ وَلَوْ عَلَى أَنفُسِكُمْ أَوِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ وَالأَقْرَبِينَ إِن يَكُنْ غَنِيّاً أَوْ فَقَيراً فَاللّهُ أَوْلَى بِهِمَا فَلاَ تَتَّبِعُواْ الْهَوَى أَن تَعْدِلُواْ وَإِن تَلْوُواْ أَوْ تُعْرِضُواْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيراً

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever WellAcquainted with what you do.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #135)

Pls visit my blog and leave a comment:
http:/karalite.blogspot.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
10-30-2006, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kader
Stand out firmly for justice....even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin,

If a Muslim in the west commits a crime, this verse is ignored by other Muslims.

That's why Islam has a bad name in the west.

Joe98
10-30-2006, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I am yet to figure out your purpose on the forum.

To teach you how Islam presents itself in my country.

جوري
10-30-2006, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
To teach you how Islam presents itself in my country.
No! That is how YOU choose to see it. As I am certain you don't represent everyone in your country.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
10-30-2006, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
No! That is how YOU choose to see it. As I am certain you don't represent everyone in your country.
My bet is that he represents the attatude of many, maybe even a majority.

Muhammad
10-31-2006, 12:31 AM
:sl: and Greetings,

I have deleted some posts to try and focus on the topic at hand here. This thread could well have been made in the Basics of Islam/Discover Islam section, but seeing as it was posted here, I assume its message is to be conveyed to all that Islam promotes justice in all situations, despite however it is often presented. While some Muslims may be ignorant of what the Qur'an teaches, please note that there are many who are knowledgeable in this regard but unfortunately are not equally given the same publicity as those who are not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.