/* */

PDA

View Full Version : oh no!

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
SubhanAllah I need a computer wiz!

For my ipod I've imported around 250 tracks including lectures, recitation and nasheeds. Now I just went into itunes and found it all gone! And my ipod was connected to the computer so everything has been erased from there aswell! I've searched every hard drive I can find but it's all gone! It took me MONTHS to compile it all and I can't even remember where I got half of it from!

Please help me! Is there anyway I can retrieve lost files?

Wasalaam
Sister Khadijah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
10-29-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
SubhanAllah I need a computer wiz!

For my ipod I've imported around 250 tracks including lectures, recitation and nasheeds. Now I just went into itunes and found it all gone! And my ipod was connected to the computer so everything has been erased from there aswell! I've searched every hard drive I can find but it's all gone! It took me MONTHS to compile it all and I can't even remember where I got half of it from!

Please help me! Is there anyway I can retrieve lost files?

Wasalaam
Sister Khadijah
wanna post ur ipod 2my addy :D

mm sad 2hear, i think wat happened is that itunes copied them all 2 ur computer... so lookup *.mp3 in ur comp n it should reveal where its stored them to inshalha...

salamz

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 11:14 AM
I've just tried that and I got nothing. :(

- Qatada -
10-29-2006, 11:19 AM
:salamext:

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return." (Innaa lillaahi wa ina 'alayhi raji'oon)

[Qur'an Surah Baqarah 2: 155-156]

If you got XP, can you do system restore? So it goes back to an earlier date?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return." (Innaa lillaahi wa ina 'alayhi raji'oon)

[Qur'an Surah Baqarah 2: 155-156]
]
:) JazakAllah

If you got XP, can you do system restore? So it goes back to an earlier date?

I'll try that InshAllah.

lolwatever
10-29-2006, 11:41 AM
I've just tried that and I got nothing. :(
Sis how about hook up the ipod 2 ur machine n enable 'show hiddne files n folders', n send us screenshot, does it behave like an external drive? maybe we can figure something from it inshalah....

all the best
salamz

Sabbir_1
10-29-2006, 11:42 AM
u can donwlaod this software form the net, it retrieves all the files lsot.. google it up.. cant remeber the exact name of it.. get the free version..

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 11:57 AM
*sigh* That didn't work either. I've just realised something though. Last night my step-father moved all the files from my C drive to F drive because of all my downloads. Maybe that could have had something to do woth it :? I'll ask him when he gets in InshAllah.

lolwatever
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
its called scavanger

watever u do sis dont put nething over the ipod...

get scavanger.. it actually works.. as long as u dont put new stuff over the erased files!!
salamz

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 12:08 PM
lol even I'm not that stupid. :giggling:

lolwatever
10-29-2006, 12:14 PM
lol even I'm not that stupid. :giggling:
oops :hiding: so sorry sis didnt mean it that way lol!!!!

i tend to make sure i cover even most babyish of steps... always turns out 4 the best... never know who comes along n might find this thread n dat point useful :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 12:15 PM
lol no worries. And don't hide so much :p

Malaikah
10-29-2006, 12:17 PM
:sl:

The other day i got so annoyed when some pictures on my digital camera somes how just vanished with out a trace. It turns out they accidently got moved into a subfolder in the camera.

Did you try something like that?

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah I did. I just serached the C drive but they aren't there either/ *looks at the front door willing it to open* Just waiting for my step-father to get home lol.

The_Dude
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM
bro ma cuz got an ipod and if u get nasheeds etc from a comp and go to anuva to put more nasheeds on, then all ur previous file's get erased so i advise u bro to get nasheeds, lectures, etc from the same comp lol, hope this helped :D

:sl:

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah InshAllah. By the way I'm not a bro :p

The_Dude
10-29-2006, 12:27 PM
sorry my mistake, :D

AhlaamBella
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I found them! Alhamdulilahi Rabil'alameen!They were in some random folder in some random drive I had never heard of lol.

- Qatada -
10-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."

They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. blessings, etc.) (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones.

[Qur'an Surah Baqarah 2 - 156-7]

lolwatever
10-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I found them! Alhamdulilahi Rabil'alameen!They were in some random folder in some random drive I had never heard of lol.
:lol: alhamdulilah

and deepocean n her ipod liv happily ever after.........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!