/* */

PDA

View Full Version : leicester, spinny hill park tent, eid salat, what did u think of it?

Daffodil
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
i spent the last 10 days of ramadhan and eid with my family back home in leicester n every year they have a tent in spinny hill park for eid salat, its absolutly wikid, i love the atmosphere, n the fact that its a sunnah praying out side its such a buzz, there was about two and a half - three thousand ppl there, i prayed in the little tent for the women, i guess its little cuz so many women dnt know that its compulsory for them to pray aswell. i felt a bit iffy tho coming out of the little tent at the end n theres like hundreds of muslim men coming out as well to leave the park n standing around giving out hugs to brothers n stuff whilst i waiting for my husband to hurry up his convo with some other brother, grrrrrrrrr men talk too much.

it was amazing, the unity for that one day, if only we cud have that all the time, i just love the look on ppls facing as theyre driving to work n other places seein that many muslims, what gud dawah that is.

did any one else pray in the tent? how did it make u feel?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
10-29-2006, 09:09 PM
:sl:

compulsory
which prayer is that,this the eid prayer is sunnah.

Kittygyal
10-29-2006, 09:16 PM
salam.
oh on Lecister Ramdhan Radio mashallah there radio was fantastic
w.salam

Daffodil
10-29-2006, 09:46 PM
dnt know about before but this year they had carpet n everything so it didnt get muddy. the only thing i was a bit confused about was the fact that they didnt do the takbirs loudly only the imam did, last year wen i went for eid namaz in sheffield we all sed em together loudly.

which prayer is this the eid prayer is sunnah.
sorry bro please forgive i made an error, i once read some where thats its wajib but just looked it up again now and found this....

Question:
Are the Eid prayers on Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha obligatory or Sunnah? What is the sin of the one who does not pray them?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The Eid prayers on Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha are fard kifaayah (a communal obligation); some scholars said that they are fard ‘ayn (an individual obligation) like Jumu’ah prayer, so the believer should not neglect them.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

please forgive me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
10-29-2006, 09:57 PM
They had a tent up this year?! I thought they didn't because of the weather. It must've been freezing.

Daffodil
10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
yea they do it everyyear, its very professional they have these big industrial heater thingies that look like the things u shoot cannon balls out of, but the one in the sisters tent werent working it was blowing cold air out. alhumdulillah tho it was gud i think thats part of the fun praying outside in the park, n its not like u have to stay there all day, its only for a bayan n a kwik prayer.

im gonna go there again next year inshallah, i think im gonna make a habit of doing last ten days of ramadhan in leicester its much better, my husband really liked it aswell, plus got my dads big house to ourselves because he was in itikaf.

generaly tho theres a much nicer atmosphere in ramadhan in leicester because theres so many muslims,but i wudnt like to live there again, because some things are much worser in leicester then there are in sheffield such as how the vast majority of the non practicing muslims blend in with the thousands of hindus n sikhs there are there, the asian girls are all carbon copies of eachother as are the guys, i must have thought i seen my brother over 10 times because they all the same talk the same act the same, wear the same clothes etc, even my sister i thought i seen her so many times but it wasnt her. my husband sed they must have a carbon copy factory in leicester where they make all these asian lads n sketals.

but at the same times its really gud because thers so many nikabis n hijabis n lots going on, its the two extremes, u have really practicing ppl and then the completely totaly lost it ppl. there needs to be more emphasis on dawah then naseeha in leicester tho because at the moment theres no much going on. the tjs are really gud there, theyre everywhere, but i reckon its all them nice halal takeaways that attracts em there like maryland n delicious corner n charcoal hut n doner express etc etc. altho i must admit thats the only reason i look forward to going to leicester (besides seeing my mum obviously)

Muezzin
10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
They had a tent up this year?! I thought they didn't because of the weather. It must've been freezing.
Eid isn't the same without the Spinney Hill tent! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.