/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Prayer. A True Story

sistajannah
06-24-2005, 08:43 PM
:sl:
The Power of Prayer. A True Story

Muniba, a young Muslim university student, was home for the summer. She had gone to visit some sisters one evening & the time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year.

She ended up staying longer than she had planned.

Evening came & Muniba had to walk home alone, but she wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away. As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Muniba asked "God" to keep her safe from harm & danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it.

However, halfway down the alley, she noticed a man standing at the end, as though he was waiting for her. She became uneasy & began to pray, asking for "God's" protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness & security wrapped around her; she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man & arrived home safely.

The following day, she read in the paper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley, just twenty minutes after she had been there.

Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy & the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety & to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a line up to see if she could identify him.

She agreed & immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down & confessed.

The officer thanked Muniba for her bravery & asked if there was anything they could do for her, she asked if they would ask the man one question.

Muniba was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her."

NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER!
He, who loses money, loses much
He, who loses a friend, loses much more
He, who loses FAITH, loses ALL.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pinkrose
06-26-2005, 01:18 AM

Mashallah!! :applaud:
Subhanallah!!
Sis that was a great story!!
My older bro told it to me b4 but it was great to read it again!!
Jazaakalah 4 sharing!! :D

:w:

junna1
06-26-2005, 02:39 AM

Masha allah sis, that was great. Jazakallah for sharing it. :D

:w:

Angel24
06-26-2005, 02:54 AM
Masha'Allah that really was a great story...
Subuhan'Allah.... :applaud: :thumbs_up :applaud:
thax for sharing.... ;) :sister:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HumbleServant
06-26-2005, 03:35 PM
heard a few similar ones to this. jazakallah :)

A7med
06-26-2005, 03:38 PM
jazakallah!!

Bittersteel
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
never and I mean never heard a story like that.I hope that man the rapist wasn't drunk or intoxicated.I am not disbelieving the story BTW.

MY brother and I both did well in our exams despite giving disappointing exams.I can't believe it when I heard it.It was much much more than I expected and same for my brother.

Arwa
06-26-2005, 04:41 PM
subhanallah .. I've heard it before..

Just goes to show the power of Allah!

Beblessed
06-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Its Very Nice Story I Heard Dis Story Before I Allready 4 Got About It But U Reminded Me About The Story Thx. I Hope Allah Will Protect Us All

..龍 Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous 龍..

- Qatada -
06-26-2005, 09:52 PM
mash Allah! i'v heard dis stori b4 but the women was readin Aythal-Kursi.

nafy
06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
mashallah sis!
dat was wonderful !!!
thnk u 4 sharing!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.