Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
justahumane
10-31-2006, 02:43 PM
80 killed in madrassa raid

* ISPR DG says madrassa was a training camp for foreign and local militants
* Sultan says army confirmed presence of militants before attacking madrassa
* Banned TNSM’s deputy commander, three sons among dead

Staff Report

KHAR: At least 80 people were killed in an early morning airstrike on a madrassa in Bajaur Agency allegedly being used as a training camp for militants, on Monday.

“We were informed about the presence of 70 to 80 miscreants, including some foreigners, who were getting militant training in the madrassa. The army used gunship helicopters and precision weapons in the operation,” Major General Shaukat Sultan, director general of the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), said, adding that the attack was ordered after days of surveillance confirmed the information.

Maulvi Liaqat, a deputy commander of the banned pro-Taliban group Tehreek Nifaz-e-Shariah Muhammadi and head of the madrassa, and his three sons were among the dead, a senior security official told Daily Times, asking not to be named.

Residents told Daily Times that at least three army helicopters bombed the madrassa in Chingai village, 10 kilometres north of Khar and 2.5 kilometres off Damadola, at a time when all those present there were asleep.

The attack is the deadliest since the government launched military operations against the Taliban and Al Qaeda militants in the tribal areas along the Afghan border. On January 13 this year, 13 civilians were killed in an airstrike in Damadola village in Bajaur.

Leaders of the PML-N and the PPPP in Bajaur Agency rejected the army’s claim that the madrassa was a training camp for militants. “Only innocent students were killed in the airstrike and claims that foreigners were present there at the time of the attack are false,” said PPPP Bajaur President Akhunzada Chatan.

However, Maj Gen Sultan hit back at the criticism saying: “Why would the army kill innocent people? The government had been warning the madrassa management against sheltering foreign militants, but our warnings were not being taken seriously.” He added that the madrassa was not attacked for any “prized target”, a reference to Osama Bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zahawiri.

Tribal sources said that the army action surprised several people as TNSM leader Maulana Faqir Muhammad was reportedly considering a North Waziristan-like accord with the Bajaur political administration and the signing ceremony was to take place on Monday. The attack has dimmed any such prospect for the time being, they added.

Agencies add: The attack sparked angry protests in Chingai, Khar and other Bajaur towns. Several hours after the attack, the bodies of 20 killed tribesmen were lined in a field near the madrassa before an impromptu burial attended by thousands of tribesmen, according to an AP reporter at the scene.

At the madrassa, dozens of villagers collected the remains of another 30 bodies from the rubble of the building.

In Khar, some 2,000 tribesmen and shopkeepers marched through the main street and railed against President Pervez Musharraf and US President George W Bush.

Meanwhile in Karachi, around 200 students belonging to the Islami Jamiat Talaba, youth wing of the Jamaat-e-Islami, burned a US flag outside the press club.

Source:http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-10-2006_pg1_1

Woodrow
11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
In Khar, some 2,000 tribesmen and shopkeepers marched through the main street and railed against President Pervez Musharraf and US President George W Bush.
I'm lost. Can somebody explain the Bush connection?

jzcasejz
11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
^^ Ermm I Think It's Because That... Bush Is Constantly Telling And Reminding That Musharaf Has 2 Deal With The Issues Of These Madrassas... As They Are Thinking They Are Training Militants And All That.. And This Is Probably One Of The Reasons To Why Musharaf Bombed That Madrasah :(

I Thinkkkkkkk.. Someone Slap Me If I'm Wrong :P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane

Meanwhile in Karachi, around 200 students belonging to the Islami Jamiat Talaba, youth wing of the Jamaat-e-Islami, burned a US flag outside the press club.
That's weird. Given the circumstances, shouldn't they be burning effigies of Musharaff?

wilberhum
11-01-2006, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I'm lost. Can somebody explain the Bush connection?
It is easy.
Bush is conected and responsible for everything that is wrong. :hiding: :hiding:

Muezzin
11-01-2006, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
It is easy.
Bush is conected and responsible for everything that is wrong. :hiding: :hiding:
Don't be silly, Bush isn't connected and responsible for everything that is wrong.

But Jar Jar Binks is.

wilberhum
11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Don't be silly, Bush isn't connected and responsible for everything that is wrong.

But Jar Jar Binks is.
:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:
Ya but Bush controls Jar Far Binks. :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

justahumane
11-02-2006, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That's weird. Given the circumstances, shouldn't they be burning effigies of Musharaff?
Well ppls think that its bush who is weilding the thick stick, and rightly so.:rollseyes

Mr. Baldy
11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
man, back in the day madrassas were the elite schools, were even the europeans came to study, and now there 'terrorist training camps'. seems like another way of make us forget islamic history. The white house said that they admire busharraffs 'determination' to stamp out terrorism... whos pulling the strings me wonders

AvarAllahNoor
11-02-2006, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
man, back in the day madrassas were the elite schools, were even the europeans came to study, and now there 'terrorist training camps'. seems like another way of make us forget islamic history. The white house said that they admire busharraffs 'determination' to stamp out terrorism... whos pulling the strings me wonders
Pakistan are getting lots of financial help from usa to carry out these attacks against madrassas, money is the motivation you see

shariq_0189
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
How do they know they were terrorists camp? how does any one knw.

Snowflake
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Ameen^ :'( what's happening to muslims????? Surely qeyamah is not far!!

format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
How do they know they were terrorists camp? how does any one knw.
There is no proof, it was only an allegation.

Janissary
11-04-2006, 12:18 AM
What happened to the right to fair trial?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-04-2006, 12:33 AM
People have to fall so low as to claim al qaida militants in an Islamic School. Sad stuff...After 9/11, suddenly Islamic Schools harbor militants:rollseyes

justahumane
11-04-2006, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
People have to fall so low as to claim al qaida militants in an Islamic School. Sad stuff...After 9/11, suddenly Islamic Schools harbor militants:rollseyes
Well sister, the question is not whether there were guys linked to al quida or not, the question is why army opted for bombing of the building without even asking them to surrender for questioning. Is there any humanity left with those who have been given the gun and bombs? Even if they were al quida millitants, did they deserve to be killed like this by their own ppls? Will this killing do anything good for the society army was representing?

BTW it is no hidden secret by now that some madaris preach the lesson of hatred by quoting holy quran and sunnah. But killing them will not solve the problem. Killing anyone wont solve any problem in my views.

And ALLAH knows best.

Muhammad
11-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Greetings,

BTW it is no hidden secret by now that some madaris preach the lesson of hatred by quoting holy quran and sunnah. But killing them will not solve the problem. Killing anyone wont solve any problem in my views.
If there are any, then we can rest assured it is a minority.

justahumane
11-04-2006, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

If there are any, then we can rest assured it is a minority.
Well brother, I know its a minority, othewise all hell would have broken lose by now.

Far7an
11-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. This is really sad :(.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-04-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. This is really sad :(.
Ameen

Muezzin
11-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Well sister, the question is not whether there were guys linked to al quida or not, the question is why army opted for bombing of the building without even asking them to surrender for questioning. Is there any humanity left with those who have been given the gun and bombs? Even if they were al quida millitants, did they deserve to be killed like this by their own ppls? Will this killing do anything good for the society army was representing?
Heh, what do you expect from the Pakistani authorities? I guess if the 'suspects' in the madressa had tipped better, the Army would have been much more inclined to pursue a diplomatic solution.

stannis
11-06-2006, 05:12 PM
This is a terrible story, very sad.

Skillganon
11-07-2006, 04:27 AM
I do not admire Musharraf. He does not have a beard, and I don't like his Moustache
Also just dropping bombs on people in your own country is not the way to go.

I think he need's to get an Islamic education in a madrasah.

justahumane
11-08-2006, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I do not admire Musharraf. He does not have a beard, and I don't like his Moustache
Also just dropping bombs on people in your own country is not the way to go.

I think he need's to get an Islamic education in a madrasah.

Education in madarsa is not a good advice to him, his own army may drop a bomb while he is in class. :giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.