PDA

View Full Version : Bad Situation I'm in Concerning Salat-ul-Jumuah



Hijrah
10-30-2006, 08:08 PM
:sl:

I have school during the time for Jumuah and anyway, the situation is such that I can't go for it. I know that some of you are going to come with that 'no excuses' comment but hear me out. My mother won't let me attend it in a Masjid because she thinks school is more imprtant and I have even talked to the guidance counselor concerning the possibility of having a congregation is school but obviously, in a public school, this is not possible, especially if I am hindering others academics as well. So, my question is, when I am in such a situation is it possible that I make it up?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
10-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, what we used to do is, have it as soon as you can, i.e. break or lunch or just after class, that way you wont be disturbing noone's education the school can't complain.

Plus if they bring some rubbish, just do it outside the school, thats what we done.

But alhamdulilah we had a prayer room but that used toget locked down so we used to pray in the cafeteria or the field.

But yea, like say the prayer was at 1 something or 2 and our classes finished at 2:30 or 3 we would all then go straight and pray together.

But check if thats Islamicly Allowed thought brother, dont take my word for it! Please.
Reply

Hijrah
10-30-2006, 08:14 PM
can't just walk out of school, and currently even when I asked about praying regular zuhr salat in school during lunch, they STILL find it questionable.
Reply

Samkurd
10-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Bro im having the same problem... schools are such a problem for fridays..
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Umar001
10-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hijrah
can't just walk out of school, and currently even when I asked about praying regular zuhr salat in school during lunch, they STILL find it questionable.
What time is the salah and what time u finish school? and what time do u have lunch?
Reply

Hijrah
10-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
What time is the salah and what time u finish school? and what time do u have lunch?
The Administration may Have a Problem With Me Praying in a PUBLIC school

:sl:
Reply

DigitalStorm82
10-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Try to talk with your professor and work out a deal with him... so you can make up the work for that class later on and skip that class on fridays...

You can't pray jummah by urself... you need a khateeb. If you intend to get together with bunch of brothers and pray after class... its still duhr you're praying... not Jummah.

Find a way to get out of school so you can go to the masjid... you can even talk to the Imaam at the masjid to delay the khutbah so you can make it there on time... Our Imaam delayed jummah by one hour, because there were alot of students that were missing jummah because of classes... but college classes are always more flexible than high school.

Whatever the case... you need to attend khutbah for it to count as jummah.

W'salaamz
Reply

Umar001
10-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Try to talk with your professor and work out a deal with him... so you can make up the work for that class later on and skip that class on fridays...

You can't pray jummah by urself... you need a khateeb. If you intend to get together with bunch of brothers and pray after class... its still duhr you're praying... not Jummah.

Find a way to get out of school so you can go to the masjid... you can even talk to the Imaam at the masjid to delay the khutbah so you can make it there on time... Our Imaam delayed jummah by one hour, because there were alot of students that were missing jummah because of classes... but college classes are always more flexible than high school.

Whatever the case... you need to attend khutbah for it to count as jummah.

W'salaamz
One of them can be the khateeb, thats what we had in our school.

And brother, just pray in secret then, like we got kicked out of the cafeteria but we jus went to another place, I dont know, I dont want to make it worse and ur family angry at u and so on.

I love you for the sake of Allah and hope you find a solution. :)
Reply

Dawud_uk
10-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Hijrah
:sl:

I have school during the time for Jumuah and anyway, the situation is such that I can't go for it. I know that some of you are going to come with that 'no excuses' comment but hear me out. My mother won't let me attend it in a Masjid because she thinks school is more imprtant and I have even talked to the guidance counselor concerning the possibility of having a congregation is school but obviously, in a public school, this is not possible, especially if I am hindering others academics as well. So, my question is, when I am in such a situation is it possible that I make it up?
assalaamu alaykum bruv,

read your post again you know the answer to your own question.

jummah is fard aiyn, you have to attend even if you must walk out of school to do so and yes you will anger your mother and school but in islam there is no obedience in disobedience to the creator.

dont you think if brothers start walking about of school at jummah times they would be forced to give you some facilities for it? where as if you stay where you are then what is their motivation to helping you guys?

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Reply

MT2
11-01-2006, 02:35 AM
:sl:

We had a similar situation in our school and some brothers gathered the names and signatures of all muslims and when the principle saw the number of students willing to attend saltul jumm3ah, he gave us a room to pray in. Try it out, it may work.

wassalam
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 05:23 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 07:15 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!