/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why I am here

A_Witness
10-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Greetings to all in this forum.

I have come here to know what those practicing the Islamic faith believe about certain issues related to the faith.

I am a Christian located in the US and I am deeply grieved over how Islam is portrayed here in the West. I have not read the Quran (please forgive the spelling if it is wrong) but I have read much history about your Prophet and I do not believe that what is reported in the press here fairly represents what I have learned on the subject.

I have the sense that those who may practice what is called here "radical Islam" (relating to violence etc.) have strayed from the teachings of the Quran, just as those who claim to be Christians here (which seem to represent the majority) have strayed from what I read in the Bible.

From what little I have gleaned about the teachings of Islam, your God who is almost always refered to by Muslims (I hope that term is not considered to be derogatory) as "The Merciful and Compassionate" sounds more like my God, whom I have come to know from my Bible than what my lesser brethren teach.

Also, the Islamic culture, manner of dress etc. seems to be in line with what the ancients of my faith practiced than what I see here in the West.

I have not come to "convert" anyone nor to be "converted" but to know more about the real people think and believe as opposed to the caricatures presented here.

I shall post here with care so as not to offend.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
10-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Greetings and peace be with you A_Witness;

Welcome to the forum from another Christian. I believe there is much we can learn from our Muslim brothers and sisters.:)

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship.

Eric

amirah_87
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
HI :thankyou:

Welcome to LI, hope you have a nice and beneficial stay, lookin' forward to your posts!!

Peace :peace:

Pk_#2
10-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Peace be with you and may God guide you,

welcome to the forum A_Witness

I hope you find this forum beneficial,

Enjoy making new friends (God-Willing),

Tc :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
10-31-2006, 03:33 AM
welcome to the forum!

glo
10-31-2006, 03:38 AM
Welcome, A_Witness! :)

F.Y.
10-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Hey there!
Welcome!
Peace to you :)

Umar001
10-31-2006, 05:01 AM
Welcome and hope you are well,

If I may, I'd like to just give abit of advice which might help, it helps me.

*Don't be scared to ask, nor scared/worried to say you don't understand.
*Don't let some people get to you, there will be some who will say bad things against Islam or Christianity or any other faith, InshaAllah, G-dwilling, their posts will be edited accordingly or totally removed.
*Be happy.
*Smile, according to Islam a smile can be charity. :)

As for me personally, if I ever ask, seem to question anything you say, please don't feel that I am trying to belittle you and please don't feel offended, I am just very curious and like to know alot of understand people's views so I do ask.

I hope you enjoy the forum, and please correct me on any mistakes I make, Truth leads to G-d.

See you around and Take Care.

Eesa.

Khayal
10-31-2006, 06:02 AM
:welcome:

A_Witness
10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
*Don't let some people get to you, there will be some who will say bad things against Islam or Christianity or any other faith, InshaAllah, G-dwilling, their posts will be edited accordingly or totally removed.
I doubt anyone here could say worse about me than has already been said by my (ostensibly) Christian "brothers" and "sisters" who claim to share my faith!

I am certain that my questions will only offend those who desire to be offended. I myself am not easily offended.

Thanks to all for the welcome!

Umar001
10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
That's Good Then, I Hope You Enjoy Your Time Here

The Ruler
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Greetings A_Witness :)

:welcome: to the forums...hope you have a great and beneficial stay here :)

hopefully you will get to know true islam here :)

:w:

glo
10-31-2006, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A_Witness
I doubt anyone here could say worse about me than has already been said by my (ostensibly) Christian "brothers" and "sisters" who claim to share my faith!
Sounds like you are getting some tough responses from fellow believers! :uuh:

Isn't it sad how quickly we forget these words:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you"
(Matthew 7:1)
I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts here.

Peace :)

Aisha20
10-31-2006, 03:17 PM
welcome!!

asma2
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM
welcome and have a nice time here

Maimunah
10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
welcome to LI

wasalaam

Sal3ma 7
11-01-2006, 03:52 AM
:welcome:..to Li

Woodrow
11-01-2006, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the forums. You will find we are a very diverse group. lots of different ethnic backgrounds. That is one similarity we share with you. You will find that Islam is very tolerant towards other faiths. True, we do have some overly zealous Muslims that act out of emotions and don't always think.

We are glad to have you here and appreciate your willingness to exchange concepts. No one here will ask you to become Muslim. although I must say your opening post expressed Islamic thoughts.

Dialogue and understanding is a big step towards mutual tolerance.

*bLu_cRyStAl*
11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
:sl:

:welcome:to the form!
enjoy:)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!