/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will This Stop?

justahumane
10-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Plz click on the link below to see the slideshow.

Make ur comments.

http://www.afsc.org/iraq/movie.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-31-2006, 11:36 AM
I want to know why people keep on putting things up like this. if its to encourage fighting for the cause of islam, by showing us the barbarianism of the George bush, no probs. if its to to get people upset, then why do it.

no directing it at anyone inparticular

justahumane
10-31-2006, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
I want to know why people keep on putting things up like this. if its to encourage fighting for the cause of islam, by showing us the barbarianism of the George bush, no probs. if its to to get people upset, then why do it.

no directing it at anyone inparticular
It has nothing to do with Islam, but humanity. Those victims of war are humans first.

Its upto ur reasoning capability how u take the things. Ofcourse images like this upset us. But it may be helpful in finding a way out, for potential victims, which works.

U can fight might only with non-violence, violence will only bring more misiries.

ALLAH knows best.

Woodrow
10-31-2006, 01:46 PM
I looked at the slide show as being a statement of the foolishness and futility of warfare in today's world. The only winners are the morticians and the arms manufacturers. Each death pitured in that slide show was a needless death that served no purpose.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
10-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I aint seen the slide thing, im assuming it has wounded people and so on, if so please put a 'warning' thingy on it.

Woodrow
10-31-2006, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I aint seen the slide thing, im assuming it has wounded people and so on, if so please put a 'warning' thingy on it.
It does not show any bloody messy scenes, mostly a listing of the names of Iraqis and Americans killed. It is a plea by the wagepeaceorganisation for us to sign the petiton to congress to stop alloting money for war.

Umar001
10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh ok

plead*

Thank you :)

Dawud_uk
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

the soldiers who died chose to join up, they had that choise. those they fight choose to fight even if it is against terrible odds.

it saddens me that such scenes mean that people have died in a state of kuffar, having wasted their lives but it help me that each one of those pairs of boots means the muslims are one step closer to victory in iraq and afghanistan.

may Allah hasten their victory and therefore end such scenes.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Keltoi
10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

the soldiers who died chose to join up, they had that choise. those they fight choose to fight even if it is against terrible odds.

it saddens me that such scenes mean that people have died in a state of kuffar, having wasted their lives but it help me that each one of those pairs of boots means the muslims are one step closer to victory in iraq and afghanistan.

may Allah hasten their victory and therefore end such scenes.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
How can you say "the Muslims" are on their way to "victory" in Iraq when Muslims are killing many thousands more Muslims than Americans or Brits. Stop holding on to this fantasy that the "resistance" in Iraq is made up of one united "Muslim" front against anything. It is a terrible mixture of criminals, terrorists, Ba'athists, and sectarian death squads. The only people winning in Iraq are the people who manage to stay alive.

- Qatada -
10-31-2006, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
How can you say "the Muslims" are on their way to "victory" in Iraq when Muslims are killing many thousands more Muslims than Americans or Brits. Stop holding on to this fantasy that the "resistance" in Iraq is made up of one united "Muslim" front against anything. It is a terrible mixture of criminals, terrorists, Ba'athists, and sectarian death squads. The only people winning in Iraq are the people who manage to stay alive.

Where did he say that there is only one "united Muslim front" ?

Please stay on topic.

Peace.

Keltoi
10-31-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Where did he say that there is only one "united Muslim front" ?

Please stay on topic.

Peace.
Perhaps because he stated "the Muslims are on their way to victory in Iraq and Afghanistan"...that seems to point to some united cause in Iraq and Afghanistan, and my comment was hardly off topic. Or is it that it doesn't matter that the "Muslims" are killing each other if it means the Americans and Brits ring their hands at the whole ordeal?

- Qatada -
10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Victory can be gained by defeating the enemy, whether the enemy is X or Y. No matter how much people you're fighting, if you're winning one of them - then that is also classed as "getting closer to victory."

Anyway, this topics supposed to be focused on peace so no more offtopics insha'Allah. :)

Woodrow
10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Each empty pair of Boots or Sandals at one time held a living breathing person. A person such as your self. Somebody with a sense of right and wrong and desired to fight for peace and end aggression.

Until we all come to the realization that most of the people who die in wars are not evil, they are standing up for what they believe will bring peace. Sadly, it is the words, of those who prosper from war, that cause each of us to view the other as evil.

Curaezipirid
11-01-2006, 03:58 AM
We is all nobody worth nothing without certain belief:

YES It WILL STOP!

we can not exist if we doubt that it will stop
How else to we breath but by faith in Allah that the atrocity of war will stop.

waram

strider
11-01-2006, 09:18 PM
That is truely heart wrenching to watch.

Muezzin
11-02-2006, 08:51 AM
War won't stop until human beings are extinct. You'd think with all our history of bloodshed we'd have got over it by now. Alas, we're really bloody stupid.

Dawud_uk
11-02-2006, 09:45 AM
reminds me of a comment by homer i believe,

"men grow tired of women, singing and dancing before they grow tired of war."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.