/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Halloween

Pure
10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Celebrating Halloween

First of all, we would like to refer to the fact that Halloween is an annual Western celebration based on Celtic and European pagan doctrines and traditionally applied to the evening of October 31st. It is derived from rituals involving dead spirits and devil worship and symbolizes the beginning of the ancient Druid’s New Year, who holds that the dead revisit their homes at that time.

In essence, Halloween represents the devil worshipper’s New Year. Muslim celebration of such a day is therefore sinful and haram, as it involves the most evil elements of polytheism and disbelief.

In his response to the question, Dr. Muzamil Siddiqi, former president of the Islamic Soceity of North America (ISNA), issues the following Fatwa:

"Halloween is an old pagan holiday of the witches and the dead. Later some Christians tried to Christianize it by calling it "All Saints Day". However there are still many Christians who resent it and consider it a bad holiday. Some of them even call it a "helliday."

Whether Christians accept it or not, we Muslims should not accept this holiday. It is meaningless. Wearing costumes, going tricking and treating and decorating houses with witches, spider nets and wasting so much pumpkins, etc., are all repugnant things. It is strange to see reasonable people acting as weirdo and doing foolish things. It is also becoming quite dangerous nowadays. Some people really act like monsters and witches. Muslims should not participate in this holiday."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulHassanAmir
10-31-2006, 09:51 PM
The ancient druids dressed up as mummies and the dead and went to door trick or treating? Intresting.

Dahir
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
The popular Halloween that Westerners are fond of, is actually an ancient European pagan holiday. The whole 'trick-or-treat' and costume get-up was added recently.

DO NOT CELEBRATE!

wilberhum
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
It is derived from rituals involving dead spirits and devil worship and symbolizes the beginning of the ancient Druid’s New Year
Well it is part right. The Druids were not involved in devil worship. Witches do not worship the devil either. The association comes from Christians who believed that there were two sources of power, god and the devil. Therefore if you were not praying to god, in particular, there god, you were praying to the devil.
In fact Druids and Witches/Warlocks believe there is power in nature and they seek to utilize that power. They are not based on devil worship.

Not much different than all the other lies and misinformation spread to cause hate between people of different religions. :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pure
10-31-2006, 10:23 PM
The Druids were not involved in devil worship. Witches do not worship the devil either.
No where in the post does it say this.

It only explains the nature of Halloween and what it is derived from, as it explains in that quote you quoted. As Muslims, we do not believe or follow this, so as Muslim we do not celebrate it.

Those peoples who do worship the devils, they too take this day seriously. It is a fact for some to take this day for human sacrifice. A very close friend of mine has watched a real life documentry about this.

wilberhum
10-31-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure
No where in the post does it say this.

It only explains the nature of Halloween and what it is derived from, as it explains in that quote you quoted. As Muslims, we do not believe or follow this, so as Muslim we do not celebrate it.

Those peoples who do worship the devils, they too take this day seriously. It is a fact for some to take this day for human sacrifice. A very close friend of mine has watched a real life documentry about this.
If you read my post, you will see where I quoted devil worship. If you look at the origional post, you will see where it mentions devil worship. Read any conversation about Holloween and it talks about devil worship. The whole concept that it involved devil worship that the bigoted bias of Christians.

TheRightPathI
10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
If you read my post, you will see where I quoted devil worship. If you look at the origional post, you will see where it mentions devil worship. Read any conversation about Holloween and it talks about devil worship. The whole concept that it involved devil worship that the bigoted bias of Christians.
Either way, it is still forbidden for muslims to celebrate this holiday.

*noor
10-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Halloween is a big no-no so put your costumes away and don't plan a visit to the dentist just yet!

wilberhum
10-31-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TheRightPathI
Either way, it is still forbidden for muslims to celebrate this holiday.
I have no issue with that. I have no issue with anyone that does not partake. My only issue is people making false statements.

Pure
11-01-2006, 01:00 AM
lol i think there is a misunderstanding..

When I said that no where in the post does it mention that:

The Druids were not involved in devil worship. Witches do not worship the devil either.
meaning that the post does not say that Druids worship the devil or that Witches worship the devil.

AbdulHassanAmir
11-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Im speechless at some of you, Halloween does not honour anything or anyone, its just a themeish holiday.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Moral of the story..DO NOt CELEBRATE! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.