/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cases for Execution

Hijrah
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Serious question still though, it is reported in Bukhari that Muhammad (SAW) stated that a Muslim who testifies "La ilaha illallah Muhammad Ur-Rasoolullah" can only be killed on 3 conditions, for death, for adultery or for leaving the Muslim community.

Therefore, how can there be punishments for blasphemy and other stuff?...I mean it is clear that there is death punishments for things other than this in the sunnah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
10-31-2006, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Serious question still though, it is reported in Bukhari that Muhammad (SAW) stated that a Muslim who testifies "La ilaha illallah Muhammad Ur-Rasoolullah" can only be killed on 3 conditions, for death, for adultery or for leaving the Muslim community.

Therefore, how can there be punishments for blasphemy and other stuff?...I mean it is clear that there is death punishments for things other than this in the sunnah.
does blasphemy include rideculing? according to a hadith in which a person rideculed or made a joke of the prophet and the prophet said something about having left th religion

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-31-2006, 11:51 PM

:sl:
Blasphemy would be apostasy, so the same conditions and circumstances apply.

What else did you have in mind?

:w:

Umar001
10-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Rape

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
11-01-2006, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Blasphemy would be apostasy, so the same conditions and circumstances apply.

What else did you have in mind?

:w:
There is also having gay sex and magic, am I right? Are these two also kufr, actually the case for blasphemy is that whether the person repents or not, they are killed whether they are Muslim or kaffir, I read this on islamqa

Umar001
11-01-2006, 12:40 AM
I thought magic = kufr anyway?

Hijrah
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I thought magic = kufr anyway?
o yeah that's true...

Ummah
11-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Asalaamualaikum

great thread! simply because it's showing how so many things link to the 3 things mentioned in the hadith in the first post.

jazakhAllah

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-02-2006, 03:43 AM
FIRST:
This is NOT a discussion on homosexuality. Off-topic posts have been removed. To quote myself:
Please see those links, any questions pm me. Not in this thread.

Coming back to the hadith, this hadith is talking about Hudood punishments, those punishments prescribed in Islamic law. So all the issues of execution you mention when it is prescribed in Islamic law go back to that. There is also another category of punishments, the Ta'azir punishments and those are the discretionary ones and may entail execution in some cases. For example, the scholars of Saudi Arabia have prescribed the death penalty for drug smuggling, and this is acceptable from an Islamic perspective.
does blasphemy include rideculing? according to a hadith in which a person rideculed or made a joke of the prophet and the prophet said something about having left th religion
Yes one of the types of kufr is by mockery of Islam.
Rape
There is also having gay sex
One of the principles of Islamic jurisprudence is that if anything lesser is prohibited something worse than that is likewise prohibited. So for example, when the Qur'an prohibits saying 'uff' to one's parents, obviosuly physically abusing them is even more severely prohibited. So when death is prescribed for zina then anything worse than that like rape or homosexual acts will meet no less a severe punishment, and these punishments are explicitly laid out in Islam as well.
actually the case for blasphemy is that whether the person repents or not, they are killed whether they are Muslim or kaffir, I read this on islamqa
Some scholars did indeed say that the murtadd may repent but the zindeeq may not, but the majority did not agree with this conclusion. Tulaihah al-asadi re-embraced Islam after apostating and declaring himself a prophet of God and fighting the sahaba, yet the companions did not prevent him from re-embracing Islam.

Wa alaikom salaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.