/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 666

جوري
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Greetings
I have read a great deal of literature about this number... the so-called number of the beast.
I'd like it if someone would share the origin and story behind this number....
Also read somewhere that it stands for the devil, the anti-christ and the false prophet... who do xtians consider to be the false prophet?-- what does a false prophet have to do to be known as a false prophet? Any basis to this number in judiasm as well or just christianity? is this something that all people believe in or just particular sects? or simply the making of a good movie plot?
thank you

All religions are welcome to share their views.... though the operative word here is being someone of a particular faith.

peace!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
11-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Revelation 13:18: "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666.

That is the only Biblical reference to the number. Yes, Christians believe that an anti-christ will appear before the endtimes, or at least those Christians who believe in the literal prophecy of Revelations. Hollywood has obviously incorporated alot of drama and horror films around this concept.

`Abd al-Azeez
11-02-2006, 01:58 AM
:sl:

I read somehwere that the actual number is 616 and not 666. Translation ain't easy.

snakelegs
11-02-2006, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Revelation 13:18: "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666.

That is the only Biblical reference to the number. Yes, Christians believe that an anti-christ will appear before the endtimes, or at least those Christians who believe in the literal prophecy of Revelations. Hollywood has obviously incorporated alot of drama and horror films around this concept.
do you think this verse has a mystical meaning? i wonder because of "let him that hath understanding". i don't understand "the number of the beast" is "the number of a man".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
11-02-2006, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
do you think this verse has a mystical meaning? i wonder because of "let him that hath understanding". i don't understand "the number of the beast" is "the number of a man".
That is a good question. I don't think anyone really knows the answer. Hollywood has created much of this anti-christ drama, but many Biblical scholars believe this passage was referring to the anti-christ.

Umar001
11-02-2006, 06:19 AM
I think the way it's put just makes it sound more interesting, captures attention.

Instead of just saying, beware the number is 666.

I find it abit confusing myself though.

Ninth_Scribe
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The dude wrote it upside down. The number of man is 999 - and is a mathematical reference to the triple trinity, as expressed thus:

3 to the third power = 9

9 multiplied outwardly with any other numbers, still remains true to it's own form (the missing Book of Generations):

9 x 1 = 9
9 x 2 = 18 (1 + 8 = 9)
9 x 3 = 27 (2 + 7 = 9)
9 x 4 = 36 (3 + 6 = 9)
9 x 5 = 45 (4 + 5 = 9)

You can take this as far into the numbers (generations) as you like but it will always break itself back down to the original nine, which is based in the triple trinity (3 x 3 = 9). Of course, for most people, math is a dead, lifeless and meaningless expression.

Let him who hath understanding: same reference to Aiq Beker and other forms of codex, which incidentally, were based on the number 9.

Loose Translation: The Song Remains the Same.

The Ninth Scribe ;D

جوري
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
lol fascinating... guess this puts a dent in this argument then?
http://www.bushisantichrist.com/
amusing nonetheless........
thank you scribe......... =)

Ninth_Scribe
11-03-2006, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
lol fascinating... guess this puts a dent in this argument then?
http://www.bushisantichrist.com/
amusing nonetheless........
thank you scribe......... =)
Lol, the folks at M.I.T. love playing games with numbers. The one about George Bush is based on a flawed cypher, even if it does seem to fit the standard profile. Glad you liked the game. People back in the day used to send messages this way. We call it encryption, but when messengers delivered messsages that were important, and were stopped by guards, the guards would read what seemed like a harmless prayer. De-code the 'prayer' and the second message would appear saying: The queen is ill today, but it's nothing serious. Certain appointed prophets made quite a name for themselves by this means.

Ninth Scribe

Zidne3ilmnaafa
11-03-2006, 08:41 PM
As far as I know it has no basis in Islamic law. However, yes Christians including born agains & evangelicals (I have spoke with them directly) believe that is the code or identifier for the anti-christ or some electronic identifier that the Dajjal & his followers will have (a little too twisted for me) may Allah curse him and we seek refuge in Allah from his trial. Allah knows best it may be similar to the Kahf, Faa, RAA (Arabic letters) Kafir written on the Anti-Christ/Dajjals forehead.

We should take that which is authentic from Islamic law, and leave that which has doubt/alteration and neither believe or confirm the scriptures from before if the item in question is not found in our Sharia.

And Allah knows best

assalamu alaikum wr wb

جوري
11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zidne3ilmnaafa
As far as I know it has no basis in Islamic law. However, yes Christians including born agains & evangelicals (I have spoke with them directly) believe that is the code or identifier for the anti-christ or some electronic identifier that the Dajjal & his followers will have (a little too twisted for me) may Allah curse him and we seek refuge in Allah from his trial. Allah knows best it may be similar to the Kahf, Faa, RAA (Arabic letters) Kafir written on the Anti-Christ/Dajjals forehead.

We should take that which is authentic from Islamic law, and leave that which has doubt/alteration and neither believe or confirm the scriptures from before if the item in question is not found in our Sharia.

And Allah knows best

assalamu alaikum wr wb
I agree... I however wanted to understand who it stood for since I read somewhere that one of the sixes stands for a "false prophet" which some popes back in the day attributed to Islam. I wanted to know if that were general knowledge... or just myth...
:w:

duskiness
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Also read somewhere that it stands for the devil, the anti-christ and the false prophet...
beast "666" and false prophet are two different beings. But they usually come together.
"666" is a name of one of the beasts
Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.
rev 16:12-14
Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image.
rev 19:19-20

When you ask about Revelation is good to know, that in fact no one knows what this book is about :D Christians differ strongly, when we answer question "what Revelations is speaking about?".
not to mention differences in interpretation of each symbolic figure. :rollseyes
some common view about Rev.:
1. Futurist: A Blueprint of the End Times

The book predicts events which will accompany the end of the world. Chapters 1-3 generally are seen to refer to the events of the interpreters’ own time, and the rest of the book is future. Present history is analyzed to find in it clues that the end is imminent, or already beginning to take place. Usually this is done by combining references from various parts of the Bible to construct an interpretation of the present. This was the position held during the first centuries of the church, and was revived with the Adventist and Dispensationalist movements of the 19th century.

2. Historicist: The Road Map of World History

The book basically deals with all of human history. The meaning of the symbols are to be found in the events of history. Some hold that the book deals more with the period prior to the present, some see it as unfolding in the present, and some emphasize the future more. All of the book is a symbolic account of the whole scope of world history, with the "beast" identified with various historical figures or peoples, from the Saracens, to Mohammed, to the Pope, to Adolph Hitler. This view arose in the Middle Ages, and was adopted by most of the Reformers in the 16th century, including Martin Luther who popularized the idea that the "beast" was the Roman Catholic Pope. In turn, Catholic theologians were convinced that Luther was the "beast."

2a. Church Historical: The History of the Church

This is a modification of the previous position, and sees the book as only dealing with events associated with the church; it is an account of the church through history. This was the view adopted by many Protestants following the Reformation.

3. Preterist: The First Century Church

The book is a symbolic account of the first century church’s struggle with Roman persecution. The symbols are drawn from ancient texts as well as contemporary culture to dramatize the plight of the church and to encourage its members in the face of troubled times. The "beast" is usually identified with the Empire of Rome, or a particular Roman emperor. While the book does deal with the future, in this view it is focused largely in the first century, and extrapolates and projects the first century experience of the church into the future. This view gained prominence in the 17th and 18th century as more knowledge of the history of the early church, as well as other apocalyptic writings from the period, came to light.

4. Idealist: Eternal Principles

The book, while rooted in the social and historical setting of the first century church, contains a message that transcends that setting. It illustrates, in the struggles of the early church, abiding spiritual principles that are applicable to all of human experience throughout history. The symbols can refer to specific people or events in that time, e.g., the emperor Nero, but they also become symbols for a larger reality tied to common human experience. The "beast" symbolizes Nero, while Nero symbolizes the lack of control we experience in our lives, as well as those who exercise power over us in destructive ways.

4a. Theological: An Incarnated Message

This is a modified combination of the last two above. The book is basically a symbolic account of the early church, but rather than simply containing eternal principles, it is a confession from the first century church about God and how he enables His people to deal with hard times. The emphasis is on a holistic reading of the book to see the dual message of promise and hope for an oppressed people, as well as the final failure of any human institution that takes the place of God in the world.
source
i didn't copy-past it to make you read more ;) but just to show you that answer to question who is "666" and false prophet would depend heavily on opinion about the book itself.
Someone who stick to view nr3 will answer that 666 = roman emperor .
You may also see this as triple (= emphasized) symbolic meaning of 6 (number of human, creation and imperfection). This way the beast could symbolize all human imperfections.

Curaezipirid
11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by `Abd al-Azeez
:sl:

I read somehwere that the actual number is 616 and not 666. Translation ain't easy.
616 is the only safe number to be accountible in one's self as a vantage point from which to perceive 666 without falling to.

The understanding of He who can count is that. To count 666 one falls to becoming the same. That is why the apocalypse is, because every believer is whom could realise the account as preventing life while ever the works of 666 exist.

Every Shaytan is in that account. The actual man who is counted is only who the fault began from, but many are fallen to it. The false prophesy he made is only that which every shaytan tempts us into. The actual Man whom is accounted as 666, the Dajjal/anti-christ was in knowledge of what he did and who it most directly was harming, while the shaytan are only pea brains unable to realise what they do by imitation and by accepting a bribe from him to hide his error.

So every time any person falls into the account of 666 we are hiding his error, even if we fall to any other person already fallen to his mistake. Those whom benefit most from hiding his account are who will be in the fire long or even forever. All money is accepting that same error, and that is the cause of every death. But when we accept that using money causes death then we are promised the hereafter in everlasting life. The Dajjal Himself only benefitted by a round thousand dollars. One Thousand years in the fire is His retribution, and He is the Man whom is willing to pay because He knew his error truly. He had also proposed marriage to a Muslim and stated Faith, but forcing the identify of Babylon upon her is how he became The Dajjal.

Six is the number of the Soul. Three sixes is a trick of forcing the Soul into exposure. When we take pleasure from money we force into exposure the Soul of another. That is why interest is wrong.

But we already also have the mathematical equivalence for entering the fire and being able to exit into Jannah.

The mathematics of Steven Hawking provide. Not so much unified field theory, because in that he often tried only to prove The Dajjal. (but the unified field can be capped into not raping the Soul through a sequence with four being incorporated: that is why Jesus accepted Crucifixion, because He could count that in future an event happened such as what he then learned and taught through Saint John the Evangelist) The simplest argument against unified field theory is along the lines that Scherezade told stories for 1001 nights rather than only 1000, before she was safe from being murdered by her husband. The numbers in allegory are necessarily a true account or else it could not work as an allegory.

However the mathematics Steven Hawking first became renown for is that a particle of light can exit a black hole only so long as that particle was accounted for when it entered the black hole.

If we are counted as saved before entering the fire of Jahannam then we are also guaranteed salvation from Jahannam thereafter and into Jannah.

Counting the number 666 necessitates knowing this.

66, 166, 616, all these numbers are the safe vantage point from which to bear witness (my apology there for that sequence, better for most folk to make it like 166, 616, 66: but Australian Aborigines necessarily account our self in a 213 sort of a sequence; necessary by biological adaptation. .. 231/213)

waram

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!