PDA

View Full Version : Granny plays dead to stay alive

syilla
11-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Wednesday November 1, 2006

Granny plays dead to stay alive

Other News & Views
Compiled by SYLVIA LOOI, LISA GOH AND A. RAMAN

A 66-YEAR-OLD grandmother played dead to get out of a robbery alive, China Press reported.

The robber had tried to use a pillow to smother the grandma, identified as Liu Ming, at her flat in Seremban. Liu said she would have died if she had not pretended to be dead.

“I only got up to call my grandson about the robbery after making sure that the robber had left,” she said.

Alone when the robbery took place at about 8am on Monday, Liu said she was sweeping the floor when her bedroom door suddenly slammed shut.

“I then opened the door with a key. When I went inside, I was shocked to see a knife-wielding youth,” she said.

She claimed the suspect pushed her to the floor before attempting to kill her with a pillow.

“The robber only let me go after thinking that he had killed me,” she said, adding that the robber proceeded to ransack her flat and got away with some cash.

In another story, the daily quoted Deputy Education Minister Datuk Hon Choon Kim as saying that there would be 900 new Chinese teachers next year.

He said this was the ministry’s way of meeting the shortage of teachers for that subject.

“The ministry has recruited more than 10,000 teachers to teach that subject and they are now undergoing training,” he said.

He added that under the Ninth Malaysia Plan the Government had approved the construction of eight Chinese schools.

source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
YEah... lot of robberies these days....:cry:

Asyur an-Nagi
11-01-2006, 08:44 AM
in indonesia robberies and other crimes are our main staple. we deal with it every day:'(

syilla
11-01-2006, 08:49 AM
^^^i wish i can be superwoman...and help to fight the crimes...

but i'm not imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
in indonesia robberies and other crimes are our main staple. we deal with it every day:'(
I wonder, does Brunei have robbery everyday? If not... how they manage to have no robbery?

Asyur an-Nagi
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I wonder, does Brunei have robbery everyday? If not... how they manage to have no robbery?
probably it is just because nothing much we can hear from them. they keep their stories unheard. recently i asked my friend about how we have no idea about their political life. and alas i got no answer:giggling:

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Robbery where I live is not very much heard of and rare, thank God.

But I must say that woman is clever!

amirah_87
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol SubhanAllah very Clever Indeed,
pretty sick wanting to kill an old lady though SubhanAllah!! some people are reaaal messed up!! :heated:

Ferrari1981
11-02-2006, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Lol SubhanAllah very Clever Indeed,
pretty sick wanting to kill an old lady though SubhanAllah!! some people are reaaal messed up!! :heated:
yea I agree to be honest I would have played dead too really if I were alone that is, depends who it was tryin to kill me i guess!!!

but then again i still know my karate and i was a member of a gun club which can come in handy!

Interesting how an old lady could play dead like that...

Umar001
11-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Wierd, I mean if he wanted to kill her he coulda just stabbed her.

north_malaysian
11-03-2006, 07:57 AM
In recent years... many robbers in Malaysia tend to kill victims too... at least slashed the victims and made them bleeding...

My settlement (consists of 2,000 people, half of us Muslims), had 2 armed robberies happened... as it a new settlement opened in 2002. Robbers tend to do their filthy jobs in new settlements as the houses are not fully occupied and less security... Now we collected money and hired private security guards to watch the settlement... alhamdulillah.... nothing bad happened for 5 months now.

*charisma*
11-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Wierd, I mean if he wanted to kill her he coulda just stabbed her.
lol that sounded...lool allahu akbar..

Maybe he wanted a more "quieter, less messy" approach. It wasn't her naseeb to die anyway...

Allah protects whom He wills subhanallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

syilla
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
In recent years... many robbers in Malaysia tend to kill victims too... at least slashed the victims and made them bleeding...

My settlement (consists of 2,000 people, half of us Muslims), had 2 armed robberies happened... as it a new settlement opened in 2002. Robbers tend to do their filthy jobs in new settlements as the houses are not fully occupied and less security... Now we collected money and hired private security guards to watch the settlement... alhamdulillah.... nothing bad happened for 5 months now.
alhamdullillah...

rrobbery is everywhere...eventhough there are guards everywhere

even the bank was robbed too...

thats why we have to protect ourselves by making alot of dua...and read surah kursi...

Umar001
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM

Assalamu Aleykum Brother,

You had to hire them? Do they cost alot?

Maybe he wanted a more "quieter, less messy" approach.
I dont know if I sounded as if I wanted her to die, I mean am happy she alive :) but I was jus wondering lol.

And I kinda see your point though I object! lol

M2A^AKIB^
11-03-2006, 11:48 PM
did that article say, the robber tried to kill her with a pillow?
how do u kill someone with a pillow?
or am i just misunderstanding?

Janissary
11-04-2006, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^i wish i can be superwoman...and help to fight the crimes...

but i'm not imsad
Were the Companions of the Prophet supermen? Like hell they were. But their deeds were heroic and great nevertheless. All it takes is bloody-minded determination.

Umar001
11-04-2006, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
how do u kill someone with a pillow?
or am i just misunderstanding?
You put the pillow over their face n push down, so no air gets to the person, after a while they die because of no air. Not that I thik you should do it plese!

M2A^AKIB^
11-04-2006, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
You put the pillow over their face n push down, so no air gets to the person, after a while they die because of no air. Not that I thik you should do it plese!
Gotcha!
:)

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Assalamu Aleykum Brother,

You had to hire them? Do they cost alot?
Yupp... the do cost alot!!! But security is more important...

We also have plans to install CCTVs in all lanes.

Tania
11-06-2006, 03:57 AM
The police is always telling us we should not try to fight with them for our goods. Like to try to stop the robbery. Its better to call them after the robbers has left.

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
The police is always telling us we should not try to fight with them for our goods. Like to try to stop the robbery. Its better to call them after the robbers has left.
In Malaysia, there is a trend to slash the victims with machete on their arms and legs... it's either you are killed or injured...

Furthermore many robbers dont wear those masks etc. So the victims could identify them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.