north_malaysian
11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
nope....

Sister_6038
11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
well do so its amazing!!!

Sister_6038
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
well ok theres more to this...which i will inshaAllah write up on the thread thats if i dont get sacked first of all at work as we're not allowed on any websites, hmmmpft...reverse psychology is what works

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
11-01-2006, 05:37 PM
:sl:

So who's the author of this book "The Return of The Pharoah"? :)
Or is it meant to write Pharaoh? :?

:w:

Sister_6038
11-02-2006, 07:39 PM
sorry my mistake at spelly its The Return of the Pharaoh by Zainab Al-Ghazali

abs
11-02-2006, 07:50 PM

abs
11-02-2006, 07:52 PM
is it this

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM
what is so fascinating about it though?

north_malaysian
11-03-2006, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifadin_Qutuz
what is so fascinating about it though?
Yeah ... is it about Egypt want to have a Pharaoh again ... instead of a president?:rollseyes

Sister_6038
11-03-2006, 12:51 PM
ZANAB AL-GHAZALI AL-JUBAILI was born in Egypt in 1917. At the age of twenty she formed a major women's charitable organization which rendered valuable service to the poor , orphans and the underprivileged. Although she had acquaintance with Shaikh Hasan al-Banna, the founder of the Ikhwan, since the late 30's and actively particapated in many islamic programmes , she formally joined the Muslim Brotherhood (al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun) in 1948. After the assissination of Hassan al-Banna in 1949 , she played a major role in the re-orginazitation of the Muslim Brotherhood .She was arrested in 1965 for an alleged conspiracy to kill Jamal 'Abd al-Nasir and overthrow his government .She was released from prison in 1971 during Anwar Sadat's predsidecny .In addition to being very active in Da'wah work, Zainab al-Ghazali has been a prolific write, contributing regularly to major Islamic journals and periodical. Her latest book is a two-volume study on the Tafsir of the Qur'an. RETURN OF THE PHAROAH relates how, falsely accused of conspiring to kill jamal 'Abd al-Nasir the president of Egypt in 1965 , the author was arrested and imprisoned. While awaiting trial she was subjected to the most terrible and inhuman torture. This book describes in a captivating manner the ordeal which this Muslim activist went thorugh in the notorious Egyptian prison. Instead of dampering her enthusiasam for Islam and the Islamic movement , the afflications and savageries in Nasir 's prisons increased her commitment and dedication to the cause of Islam. This autobiographical work can be considered a historic document in that its author was an aactive withness to one of the most volatile periods of Egypt's contemporary history.

Salmaan
11-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Pharaoh was Fir'aun who disbelieved in Allah and claimed himself to be God. Therefore, Allah sent Prophet Musa 'alayhis-salaam to convey the message of Allah. But Pharaoh continued disbelieveing in Allah. So Allah punished those disbelievers by drowning Pharaoh and his army in the sea. Thus, Allah's wrath came on Pharaoh and his followers. Hasn't anybody read the story pf Prophet Musa 'alayhis-salaam? I have read it, so I thought I should mention about who Fir'aun (Pharaoh) is.
I believe that we should not take interest in reading books based on dwellers of hell-fire like Pharaoh who disbelieved in Allah.

Pk_#2
11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
cool, might do, havn't yet, don't like to read alot though, how many pages lol

Salmaan
11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
cool, might do, havn't yet, don't like to read alot though, how many pages lol

I have a book which contains the stories of many Prophets. It is called 'Stories of The Prophets' by Ibn Kathir.
I have read stories of all the Prophets masha'Allah.
The book contains about 350-400 pages.

Sister_6038
11-03-2006, 01:24 PM
asalaam people

trust me this book is amazing, the strength of Zainab who went through the most horrific ordeals imagineable really motivated me, she faced a great test of faith, and wow i dont wanna ruin it for you guys, but just read it!! just amazing!!

Pk_#2
11-03-2006, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan

I have a book which contains the stories of many Prophets. It is called 'Stories of The Prophets' by Ibn Kathir.
I have read stories of all the Prophets masha'Allah.
The book contains about 350-400 pages.
LOL i have that!

Thanks dou, any other short story books :D

Salmaan
11-03-2006, 01:30 PM
^^^ nope....I don't read any fictious tales.....or any other story books....except those which are useful like the one which I mentioned :)....

Pk_#2
11-03-2006, 01:33 PM
ohhh :)

lol, well that one is good, but my mum used to read it for me, n i used to listen, am such a baby! LOL

north_malaysian
11-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Is it true that Cleopatra was the last Pharaoh?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.