/* */

PDA

View Full Version : about the Prophet's(PBUH) biographies.

Bittersteel
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Maybe I have asked this question before,so delete this thread and post if it turns out like that.
I have some questions though.

how,when and by whom were the earliest biographies of the Prophet(PBUH) written?

according to some western scholars," by the time the oral traditions were being collected, the Muslim community had grown and also fractured into rival sects and different schools of thought and each sect and school had its own, sometimes conflicting, traditions of what Muhammad and his companions had done and said. Early Muslim scholars therefore developed methods of hadith study to sort hadith into reliable or weak traditions. Traditionalists rely on their efforts while the skeptics feel that the question must be revisited."

Did these divisions in anyway influence the text and authenticity of the hadith ?
I think I have read a refutation before about this.

I am also curious to know more about the earliest Islamic scholars like at-Tabari and Ibn Ishaq.

thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Is it true that Ibn Ishaq's seerah of the Prophet (PBUH) is the earliest known?

Bittersteel
11-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I guess.why isn't anyone bothering to answer these qs?

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
:sl:
All answered here:
Ahadeeth Myths
eBook Understanding Seerah by Shaykh Saalih Aa ash-Shaykh
Sirat-un-Nabi and the Orientalists by Muhammad Mohar Ali Part 1, Part 2

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
11-03-2006, 04:54 AM
thanx.

Dawud_uk
11-03-2006, 10:34 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

as a point of advice to you, perhaps you should go to the muslim scholars first and not take your deen from western christian and secular scholars who wish to destroy and debase islalm?

assalamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-03-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

as a point of advice to you, perhaps you should go to the muslim scholars first and not take your deen from western christian and secular scholars who wish to destroy and debase islalm?

assalamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Exactly, jazakAllah khayr.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.