/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim Death

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Has anyone ever witnessed the Death of a Non-Muslim

I would really like to hear of this experience if you wouldnt mind sharing !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 07:48 PM
i havent witnessed any death yet :-\

Mawaddah
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Not witnessed..............but my uncle passed away and he was a non muslim :cry:

He was just sitting on the couch at night and had a heart attack..in the morning it looked like he was sleeping......

Allahu A3lam :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
ive heard many accounts of beautiful peaceful islamic deaths.

However i was curious about other faiths.

I know the soul of a mu'min whos strived fillah gets his soul taken out like a dripping water out of a water skin... but a disbeliever.. a faasiq !!!!... their souls are dragged out like a cotton being dragged through hundreds of needles. PAINFUL !!

So i wanted an account,

What was the expression on the persons face?
How was he/she just before death?
Wat was the cause of death?
Where did it happen?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Not witnessed..............but my uncle passed away and he was a non muslim :cry:

He was just sitting on the couch at night and had a heart attack..in the morning it looked like he was sleeping......

Allahu A3lam :cry:
i kno im asking for a lot but try not to be sad with Allahs will. He knows best and is most just !

Muezzin
11-01-2006, 07:55 PM
This thread seems a bit... morbid.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
This thread seems a bit... morbid.
im very curious, i already explained why i want to know :eek:

i think perhaps a non-muslim can die without problems if he was good all his life, but then after his soul will be severely punished from the moment he lays eyes on munkar and nakeer !!

wilberhum
11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I sit by her bed as my Mother-in-Law died. I was holding my father's hand as he died. Both experienced a quite and peacefull death.

Eric H
11-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Greetings and peace be with you IbnAbdulHakim;

I do find this a strange topic for a thread, but as you ask….

I was with my mother for the last twelve hours of her life, she passed away peacefully and looked forwards to meeting Jesus. She had spent the last thirty years of her life with both of her arms and legs paralysed from multiple sclerosis, she was the strongest person in faith I will ever know. She never complained, and was always asking how we were.

I was with my aunt for the last six hours of her life in hospital; she passed away peacefully, after living what seems an unfulfilled life. She had a quiet faith and was always considerate to others.

We are all created by the same God; and somehow I believe that God has a best, fair and just solution for all of us.

In the spirit of praying for a greater life after death for all people

Eric

Keltoi
11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Very..strange thread. People die from many causes and go through different stages of death and dying. Hard to have a nice peaceful death when you are dying from cancer or suffer trauma. I don't think it makes any difference whether it is a Muslim, Christian, Jew, or followers of Blinky the Moon Sorceress.

glo
11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
I have never witnessed anybody dying, but I find this idea that 'all Muslims die peacefully', and 'all non-Muslims die painfully' very simplistic, to say the least. :rollseyes

Woodrow
11-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I have had the misfortune of witnessing many deaths. Some calm and peacefull and some very violent and traumatic. All except one were non-Muslims. the Muslim death was very rapid and violent.

I really doubt if he knew what was happening. the non-Muslim deaths ranged from very peacefull and serene to very traumatic and full of fear.

The calmest and most peacefull death I saw was a Jewish man in his 90's. I was in college at the time and working as a part time Medical Sitter. The gentleman chose to die on my shift. He was awake, he looked over at me said it was time for him to leave, he began to quietly pray in Hebrew, a few minutes later he closed his eyes and appeared to go to sleep. It was when I did my routine vital signs check about 15 minutes later, that I realised he had passed away.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 08:49 PM
subhanAllah , .... i cant believe it Eric.. thats amazing. I wish i could say may Allah have mercy on your mother. I really wish i could :(

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I have never witnessed anybody dying, but I find this idea that 'all Muslims die peacefully', and 'all non-Muslims die painfully' very simplistic, to say the least. :rollseyes
who said that? :rollseyes wot abt da muslims who r being bombed in iraq? and in afghanistan? r dey dyin peacefully?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 08:53 PM
SUBHANALLAH !!!

and glo that is not my theory, my very aim of makin this thread is to see how the death of non-muslims is...

glo
11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
who said that? :rollseyes wot abt da muslims who r being bombed in iraq? and in afghanistan? r dey dyin peacefully?
It was this post which prompted my resonse:
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ive heard many accounts of beautiful peaceful islamic deaths.

However i was curious about other faiths.

I know the soul of a mu'min whos strived fillah gets his soul taken out like a dripping water out of a water skin... but a disbeliever.. a faasiq !!!!... their souls are dragged out like a cotton being dragged through hundreds of needles. PAINFUL !!
Sounds to me like Muslims supposedly die peacefully, non-Muslims supposedly die painfully.

I agree with the point you are making:
Clearly that is not the case. In times of war (because you brought up that example), people may die terrible deaths in pain and fear - regardless of their faith, colour or background.
In other cases (as some of the posts here give witness to), people may die peacefully - again regardless of their faith, colour or background.

peace

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
^ i sed once they see munkar and nakeer, isnt that after death? :?

i apologise if im mistaken

glo
11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
SUBHANALLAH !!!

and glo that is not my theory, my very aim of makin this thread is to see how the death of non-muslims is...
I apologise if I misunderstood and misquoted you, IbnAbdulHakim! :uhwhat

i sed once they see munkar and nakeer, isnt that after death?
Clearly I have misunderstood. Apologies again!

Peace

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 09:01 PM
nahhh, datz afta death glo :p lol, datz after a person dies.. munkar and nakeer come to him/her and that happens.. so umm :rollseyes yeh il try find da hadith.. if i cn ^o)

not reali, i dnt fink muslims die peacefully, some may but others dnt.. like some myt hav heart attakz etc.. ^o) lol im nt makin sense am i lol

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 09:02 PM
dnt worri Glo :) :D

Umm Khalid06
11-01-2006, 09:09 PM
my dad died some time ago he died natrually i really don't know about his pain.:cry:
but my grandad died while i was with him he got pain every nowand than then he was speaking like a normal personsoon he was gone:cry: though he was a very sick person he died normal:cry:

Eric H
11-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Greetings and peace be with you IbnAbdulHakim;

subhanAllah , .... i cant believe it Eric.. thats amazing. I wish i could say may Allah have mercy on your mother. I really wish i could
I feel at peace with the thought of my mother finding peace, she had a very hard life but she always lived one day at a time, day after day after day despite all her disabilities.

It may have been easier for you if I had been a Muslim and recounted this story. But I sincerely believe that we all have a great need to pray for each other despite all our differences. We are all created by the same God, somehow that has to connect us together.:)

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Umar001
11-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I remember one death I saw,

I was not Muslim at the time, but I was becoming a Christian, and I live in the Uk and here we have football teams (soccer) and they normally play sunday mornings, well the non professional ones.

So I head out on a quite pleasent winter sunday morning, everything was blurry except the parts of the actual dying, I cant remember waiting for my bus nor can I remember what happend after I just remember the middle bit.

I had been on the bus, a small one decker, no later than 10, and in front of me after one seat ahead was a woman holding anothr woman who was old, both black, and I had a feeling something was up because I can remember looking at the bakc of them, and then we got to a stop and the lady said 'Bus driver stop the bus, shes gone' and so on, and she just said 'can we pray for her' and I was like crying but noone knew cos I jus had tears in my eyes, and I didnt pray for her with the other woman because I was jus a new christian plus I tend to be more conservative as in I'm not very confident, I did speak to G-d on my own, and I have never forgotten it, she looked peaceful, just died in the arms off another lady, I think also they were heading for the hospital anyway, but yea, it was very peaceful.

I don't think I will ever forget it.

EDIT: When I say it was peaceful, I mean it seemed from my point, I don't know what the lady dying felt or anything.

Umar001
11-01-2006, 09:38 PM
When my grandma died I heard she got ill in the sense that she wouldnt let anyone touch her, though I think throught this thread it is important for Muslims and Non-Muslims do distinguish between the pains of death and the pains of sickness before death. That is crucial.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
i would like to apologise to all the members for asking this question. I was just really curious, i hope you didnt mind.

:peace: :)

wilberhum
11-01-2006, 09:58 PM
i would like to apologise to all the members for asking this question. I was just really curious, i hope you didnt mind.

:peace: :)
You are welcome. If there is anyone that minded, they should just go on and not bother. Death is a reality of life. It is the only way out.
But I'm curious, why are you curious and why only asking about non-Muslims?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-01-2006, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Muslims can have painful deaths too. Because the agonies of death is another way to purify the muslim from the sins that he may have commited in his life. If the agonies of death are not sufficient to purify a muslim, then the time in the grave he will be punished until he is purified. If that does not suffice, the Day of Judgement. If that too isnt enough, then the Hell Fire until it purifies him completely and he enters Paradise.

For the unbeliever, they have an evil death because their souls know what is coming to them, so the sould spreads through the body not wanting to come out, and it gets ripped out of their body. Refer to Surah Naziat, verses 1-2.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet said,

The angels attend the dying person. If he is a righteous person, the angels will say, `O pure soul from a pure body! Come out with honor and receive the good news of rest, satisfaction and a Lord Who is not angry.' The angels will keep saying this until the soul leaves its body, and they will then raise it up to heaven and will ask that the door be opened for the soul and it will be asked, `Who is this' It will be said, `(The soul of) so-and-so.' It will be said, `Welcome, to the pure soul that inhabited the pure body. Enter with honor and receive the good news of rest, satisfaction and a Lord Who is not angry.' This statement will be repeated until the soul reaches the heaven above which there is Allah. If the dying person is evil, the angels will say, `Get out (of your body), O wicked soul from a wicked body! Get out in disgrace and receive the news of boiling fluid, a fluid dark, murky, intensely cold and other (torments) of similar kind - all together - to match them.' This statement will be said repeatedly until the evil soul leaves its body. The soul will be raised up to heaven and a request will be made that the door be opened for it. It will be asked, `Who is this' It will be said, `(The soul of) so and so.' It will be said, `No welcome to the wicked soul from the wicked body. Return with disgrace, for the doors of heaven will not be opened for you.' So it will be thrown from heaven until it returns to the grave. So the righteous person sits and similar is said to him as before. And the evil person sits and similar is said to him as before.) (Taken from Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surah Al An'am, Chapter: The Servants are in Allah's Hands Before and After Death)

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
You are welcome. If there is anyone that minded, they should just go on and not bother. Death is a reality of life. It is the only way out.
But I'm curious, why are you curious and why only asking about non-Muslims?
:peace:

i quote myself

i was simply worried about this islamic teaching :)

that is it :)

Thanks once again.

:peace:

Umar001
11-01-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed
:sl:

Muslims can have painful deaths too. Because the agonies of death is another way to purify the muslim from the sins that he may have commited in his life. If the agonies of death are not sufficient to purify a muslim, then the time in the grave he will be punished until he is purified. If that does not suffice, the Day of Judgement. If that too isnt enough, then the Hell Fire until it purifies him completely and he enters Paradise.

For the unbeliever, they have an evil death because their souls know what is coming to them, so the sould spreads through the body not wanting to come out, and it gets ripped out of their body. Refer to Surah Naziat, verses 1-2.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet said,

The angels attend the dying person. If he is a righteous person, the angels will say, `O pure soul from a pure body! Come out with honor and receive the good news of rest, satisfaction and a Lord Who is not angry.' The angels will keep saying this until the soul leaves its body, and they will then raise it up to heaven and will ask that the door be opened for the soul and it will be asked, `Who is this' It will be said, `(The soul of) so-and-so.' It will be said, `Welcome, to the pure soul that inhabited the pure body. Enter with honor and receive the good news of rest, satisfaction and a Lord Who is not angry.' This statement will be repeated until the soul reaches the heaven above which there is Allah. If the dying person is evil, the angels will say, `Get out (of your body), O wicked soul from a wicked body! Get out in disgrace and receive the news of boiling fluid, a fluid dark, murky, intensely cold and other (torments) of similar kind - all together - to match them.' This statement will be said repeatedly until the evil soul leaves its body. The soul will be raised up to heaven and a request will be made that the door be opened for it. It will be asked, `Who is this' It will be said, `(The soul of) so and so.' It will be said, `No welcome to the wicked soul from the wicked body. Return with disgrace, for the doors of heaven will not be opened for you.' So it will be thrown from heaven until it returns to the grave. So the righteous person sits and similar is said to him as before. And the evil person sits and similar is said to him as before.) (Taken from Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surah Al An'am, Chapter: The Servants are in Allah's Hands Before and After Death)

:w:
This is why I thought it very important for us to distinguish the pains of the sickness before or at death and the pain of death itself.

Abdul-Raouf
11-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone its useless discussing this..... because the person who is about to die ... only he knows(his soul) the pain or peacefulness... we cant find it ... or judge by their outer behaviour......

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-02-2006, 08:02 PM
like da bro mazed sed, he woz only wonderin.. :rollseyes lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.