/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In this day in Islamic history thread ?

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Salam.

I was wondering if there is an "In this day in Islamic history" thread?
If there isnt, dont you think its a good idea?

Your comments are much appreciated my good brothers and sisters :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah good idea.. sooo, what woz 2day in the islamic history?

Kittygyal
11-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

right let me get this right we have the following:

games thread
introduction thread
stories/article thread
Suggesstion thread

etc etc etc ....

Na'am Alhamdulillah it will be great to have a history thread inshallah because we have a Hadith thread aswel subhanallah i think it's a fab idea :)
walikumassalam warahmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Very good idea! Its good to get familiar with Islamic history.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM

when is this thread going to start i want it to start now :)

walikumassalam warahmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Salam :)

oooh its nice people think my idea is nice! I thought this idea was looked upon earlier, and got pretty amazed to see that I am the one who started it.

Ok by whos decision will the thread or section start? :)

I only have one worry.. Where will we get our information from? And is there something each day?

Hope we find our answeres, and may God aid us in our noble deed :)

Salam and farewell!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-02-2006, 07:59 PM
u can google it.. maybe? cuz i dnt any sites wer u cn get dat info 4rm :-\

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-02-2006, 08:03 PM
^lol, rte, tryin t reed n' unds'tan wat yu sei iz prti tough! lol

Hmm, anyway, I tried googling, but its also not very easy, and not many islamic related sites show. Maybe we can include other histoies as well?

Salam :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-02-2006, 08:04 PM
sorry :$ il stop it.. anyways, ill look 4 sum yh :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-02-2006, 11:06 PM
ill try too! cuz it will definitely be fun =D

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I know!

so tell me, hows things going "googlers"?? heh
:?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-04-2006, 06:25 PM
hmm its harder than i thought lol...
Still trying =D I think i just stink loool

Kittygyal
11-04-2006, 07:40 PM

you can't always rely on "google" maybe if you got some books humm am sure the Qura'an says alot about the history :confused: ALLAH HU A3LIM! but also books, humm Hadiths

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ahs inshallah

walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
but not xactly THIS DAY in history.. is it?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I mean its supposed to be like "what happened in Islamic History on Nov 4" or whatever. I think thats how we r doing it....?

but not xactly THIS DAY in history.. is it?
thats how we r doing it right? lol

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-06-2006, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
I mean its supposed to be like "what happened in Islamic History on Nov 4" or whatever. I think thats how we r doing it....?

thats how we r doing it right? lol

yes yes!! in this day! :)

And good luck all, I know its hard because I have tried it before, but hopefully now with the help of more people, we shall achieve something greater :thankyou:

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-06-2006, 05:53 PM
okay okay I will remember you in my du3aah!

Alahuma wafiq kittygyal lima tuhib :p

Anyway, when is it starting? umm, when we have enough recourses and information :) yep.

Salam :thankyou:

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-08-2006, 11:05 AM
hi hi

Ok some people arent getting me heh.. This starts when we are in possesion of all what we need to make a thread about in this day in history. That means that we need good sources, good information and resources etc, everything to get the topic going.

I hope people are really working together with me and eachother. From unity comes victory!

And all of you are remembered in my du3ah
:)

salam alaikum:thankyou:

seeker_of_ilm
11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
:sl:

I would have thought that it would be easier to find occurences in Islamic History using the Hijri Calendar, as most Islamic books/sources will be using this.

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-10-2006, 09:04 PM
:)

Ok I got one thing. In this same day of 10 November of the year 1444, that battle of Varna took place. It was fought between the muslim ottomans and kings of Poland. The muslims crushed their enemies and emerged victorious under Murad II.

Thats one thing 7amdullilah I found. Now what about you brothers and sisters? :)

Salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-10-2006, 09:21 PM
LOL i should rep u bro for finding one, what site did u find it at? if it helps that is....=\

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-13-2006, 03:49 PM
yes I guess I understood heh :)

Ahh this is not progressing very well. I am sorry I cant be very active and keep up with it because I am extremely busy with university. But I am droping by every once in a while. Unfortunately, I havent found anything for today..

Good luck all

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I once knew an arabic site, but I lost it!

God help us all

BlissfullyJaded
11-18-2006, 01:54 AM

If you have something to post about this day in Islamic history, by all means post it. If you have nothing to post on topic, please resist the temptation to post. Shukran.

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-18-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

If you have something to post about this day in Islamic history, by all means post it. If you have nothing to post on topic, please resist the temptation to post. Shukran.
eh? :?

ANyway, one of my Omani friends reminded me that today is the national day in oman. :) happy for them

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-25-2006, 03:11 PM
In this same day in the year of 1177 CE, the Muslim forces of Salahadin(saladin) were defeated by the King of Jerusalem,King Baldwin the fourht along with Reynald de Chatilon and his templars. The battle name was Montegisard(Sp?) oh thats the second crusade btw

Ahh yep, I have great fascination with this era of Islam, hence the nickname as well as the user title :shade:

:thankyou:

Ooooh! also today the umm.., The seige of the last Muslim stronghold in Granada(Spain) begins. If the muslims loose, they are out of Spain, if they win, they will remain in Spain. Thats it, thats the last muslim city under seige, and the seige began today. Want to know they results?? of course, but you have to wait until the day comes :D so its like you are actually living the span of the seige and waiting, wow, impressive. Oh the city was governed by bu Abdulla Muhamed. And the Spanish were Ferdinand and Isabela of Spain. Ocured in the umm.. :? 15th century CE :)

:thankyou:

BlissfullyJaded
11-25-2006, 05:46 PM

*Thread Moved to the General Chat*

Interesting...jazakallah khair for sharing.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-25-2006, 07:12 PM
JazakAllah bro Saifadin :) Seems your having better luck, MashAllah lol.

Saifadin_Qutuz
11-26-2006, 08:09 PM
No problems :)

Ah, also in this day, the Bahri Mamluk Sultan of Egypt Az-Zahir Sayf ad-Din Barquq gained power in the year 1382. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
are u at a specific site or wot? or jus random searching?

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-12-2007, 08:21 PM
^ random info :D

anyway, read:
I'll make it brief yet worthy Please just give me a few minutes, and read.
I hope my efforts wont go un-hindered

In this day well actually on 10-13 february, in the 1250's, a cruel man named Hulagu led his big force of Tartars westward from his homelands in central asia and mongolia, towards one of the capitals of islam at that time, Baghdad. Hulagu was stopped by none. Persia and Samarkand all fell, as well as the mighty castles of the Hashashin. Yet, the caliph Al Musta39im of Baghdad, as well as the sultans and Emirs of the middle east and north africa where drowning by the deceives and indulgences and pleasures of this life. They were tricked, tricked while their enemy was at their gates ferociously coming and advancing. The, caliph, sultans and emirs where fighting each other and pleasuring themselves, while they knew for sure their enemy was one united force of determined and resolute warriors.

1258 CE, the tatar forces of Hulagu arrived Iraq, surrounding and laying seige to Baghdad. After a few days, it fell, witnessing one of its most horrible days. The Tatars destroyed and literally wiped out the city.

Even in the most desperate moments, the muslims couldnt stand together. A shame indeed. Hulagu's enterance to the city was facilitated and made easiyer by a man who betrayed the caliph al Musta39im. He was a man of different ideology to that of the caliph, and was called Ibn al alqami, who exposed everything to hulago.

Baghdad was raped. The educational buildings built 400 years before 1258 were returned to dust, and with it baghdad.

Hulago captured the caliph, and went to the place where the gold and treasures were stored .
Then the Tatars wraped the caliph with a carpet, and trampled him to death. Before they killed him, they showed him how the people of Baghdad where being masacared. Baghdad never recovered from its downfall, and it lay in misery till this day.

The tatars approached Damascus, and its sultan Al Na9ir yusuf didnt learn..

Well hope you enjoyed the flight Thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.